PDA

View Full Version : Lost (TV show)

knelson
May 10th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Anyone watching? I think this season has been pretty exciting. Boy, last night's episode sure threw things in a tizzy! I hope Locke doesn't die. He's my favorite character.

smontanaro
May 10th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Strangest damn show on tv... (I should probably point out that I only catch glimpses of Lost while my wife is watching. She's hooked. I just roll my eyes and return to the computer. ;)

S

Seagurl51
May 10th, 2007, 01:44 PM
OMG I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!! Me and my friends get together every Wednesday night, cook dinner and watch Lost. And sadly we didn't get to last night, which sucks cuz OH MY GOSH!! Ben scares me.........

I read an article a few days ago that said there's only 48 episodes (3 seasons) left.

knelson
May 10th, 2007, 01:58 PM
You missed a good episode, Kyra.

I actually think the "three more seasons" announcement is a good thing. This should keep the writing more focused on driving toward the finale.

Seagurl51
May 10th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Oh I still watched last night, we just didn't watch it together.

Last night's episode was amazing!!!

knelson
May 10th, 2007, 02:46 PM
What's the deal with that Richard guy (the guy that recruited Juliet) not aging? Last night, in a flashback scene, he met Ben when Ben was maybe 12 or so and he had to be more than ten years his senior then. Now they look to be contemporaries.

Also, why does he wear eye makeup? :)

I didn't notice it last night, but they actually DID show Jacob for a split second. Until I saw this I thought he was always invisible to us. Take a look: http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/2007/05/11-frames-of-jacob.html

Seagurl51
May 10th, 2007, 02:52 PM
WEIRD!!

I noticed Richard didn't age either...and he might wear a little eyeliner....maybe the island keeps him from aging...he was hostile, so he really is a native.

I wanna know why Jacob is invisible....and why he said "Help Me."....and Ben is totally evil!!

craiglll@yahoo.com
May 10th, 2007, 06:05 PM
I watched the first eppisode and was surprised by how it didn't interst me. I tied to watch last night's episode and thought it was really stupid. It is very hard for me to care about tv charaters.

I will also admit to laughing when I watch that red-headed guy on Miami CSI.

Slowswim
May 10th, 2007, 07:41 PM
I love this show. I think they are in purgatory. All of them have some to confess to. The children can't be born because they have not sinned. Ben let evil in from hell and Jake is Satan so he has to keep them under control or he is out (back to hell).

I wish I could make guesses like this at the Ball!!

Seagurl51
May 10th, 2007, 09:56 PM
I love this show. I think they are in purgatory. All of them have some to confess to. The children can't be born because they have not sinned. Ben let evil in from hell and Jake is Satan so he has to keep them under control or he is out (back to hell).

I wish I could make guesses like this at the Ball!!

I've actually heard this theory from a lot of people. I thought I rememberd reading somewhere though that the creators of the show denied this.....

Man, now I'm even more excited for next week!! Is next week the season finale or is that 2 weeks?

knelson
May 11th, 2007, 12:53 AM
Yeah, I thought the purgatory thing for a while, too, but I'm now convinced it's not anything like that. Today I was thinking that Jacob's powers may have resulted from the original "incident" at the Swan station (the one that required them to enter the code into the computer to properly vent the magnetism or whatever). Maybe he was in the station and the incident gave him superhuman powers. Desmond, after all, can now see into the future after having been there for the final incident at the station.

I'm not sure if next week is the season finale or not.

dorothyrde
May 11th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Here is a picture of Jacob. I have watched this show from episode 1, it is awesome, always DVR'd!

http://www.thetailsection.com/index.php

dorothyrde
May 11th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Yeah, I thought the purgatory thing for a while, too, but I'm now convinced it's not anything like that. Today I was thinking that Jacob's powers may have resulted from the original "incident" at the Swan station (the one that required them to enter the code into the computer to properly vent the magnetism or whatever). Maybe he was in the station and the incident gave him superhuman powers. Desmond, after all, can now see into the future after having been there for the final incident at the station.

I'm not sure if next week is the season finale or not.

I think Desmond could see the future before this couldn't he. Now I am getting my sequencing mixed up, easy to do with this show!

Slowswim
May 11th, 2007, 09:20 AM
I've actually heard this theory from a lot of people. I thought I rememberd reading somewhere though that the creators of the show denied this.....

I thought they denied it being Hell or Aliens. My wife thinks it has to do with Time Travel.:dunno:

knelson
May 11th, 2007, 11:57 AM
I think Desmond could see the future before this couldn't he. Now I am getting my sequencing mixed up, easy to do with this show!

I don't think so. I think that started this season. The finale last season was the Swan station getting destroyed.

Another unanswered question is Rousseau. Supposedly she's been on the island for 16 years. , yet she claims to have never seen the others (at least before the crash survivors arrived). She says she only knew about the others based on hearing whispers in the jungle and them allegedly kidnapping her infant daughter. Now, doesn't this seem a little odd considering all the activity that was going on on the island? There's definitely more to know about her story. It should be interesting to see what she's going to do with the dynamite she took from the Black Rock a couple weeks ago.

aquageek
May 11th, 2007, 12:46 PM
I don't know why I continue to watch this crappy show. It jumps the shark every single week yet there I am watching away.

Anyone notice that the same song played on the VW mini bus when Hurley and co started it as the day Ben killed his dad?

This show will end with Hurley waking up just as the plane is beginning to crash. The whole show is a Hurley dream.

Seagurl51
May 11th, 2007, 12:48 PM
I don't know why I continue to watch this crappy show. It jumps the shark every single week yet there I am watching away.

Anyone notice that the same song played on the VW mini bus when Hurley and co started it as the day Ben killed his dad?

This show will end with Hurley waking up just as the plane is beginning to crash. The whole show is a Hurley dream.

That's soo funny that you mention jumping the shark! I just learned about that in my TV class like two weeks. I agree though, this show is terrible, but I'm so sucked in I can't stop watching it!!

I did notice about the VW bus too.

I think the creators have already admitted that the show wasn't going to be a dream. If it turns out to be, I will write a very angry letter to ABC.

Rosseau is gonna go crazy and kill everyone. She creeps me out.

knelson
May 11th, 2007, 01:01 PM
My wife (who doesn't really watch) reminds me just about every week how bad an actor Matthew Fox, who plays Jack, is. I have to agree. He seems to have exactly one emotion he can work with.

One frustrating thing on the show is how everything is such a big secret for everybody. Everyone seems to intentionally hold back important information from the other characters.

craiglll@yahoo.com
May 11th, 2007, 05:38 PM
TV doesn't have time to really let peole act. It is hit your mark, say your line, and then, get ourt o ht ecamera angle. That's how many men have made a career on TV because they can follow the directions correctly.

mattson
May 12th, 2007, 12:05 AM

It's the same bus. Explains why it was out in the middle of nowhere, full of Dharma beer. :drink:

knelson
May 12th, 2007, 12:00 PM
It's the same bus. Explains why it was out in the middle of nowhere, full of Dharma beer. :drink:

When Hurley found the bus it was tipped over, though. Maybe the smoke monster did that!

Seagurl51
May 12th, 2007, 12:47 PM
When Hurley found the bus it was tipped over, though. Maybe the smoke monster did that!

What the heck is that smoke monster?!

Blackbeard's Peg
May 24th, 2007, 10:43 AM
So who watched the season 3 finale last night... How about that ending!!!! What is up with these flashbacks?

knelson
May 24th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Yeah, pretty wild! Some people are speculating that from here on out we'll see the characters back on the mainland presumably rescued and we'll need to piece together what happened based on their flashbacks to the island. Sounds possible to me!

Who do you think was in the coffin?

mattson
May 24th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Yeah, pretty wild! Some people are speculating that from here on out we'll see the characters back on the mainland presumably rescued and we'll need to piece together what happened based on their flashbacks to the island. Sounds possible to me!

Who do you think was in the coffin?

Depends if the season arc is about what happened between the Island and the flash-forward, or if the arc is about getting back. I am going to guess the former, with the getting-back arc only being the last few episodes of the series. The flash-forward was probably to lower the frustration level of people complaining about the high ratio of questions-raised versus answers-given.

For the coffin, Jack said neither friend nor family. If it was anyone on the island, I would've thought he said "friend". Ben wouldn't fit in either category, but why would Kate in particular show up? That's why I thought "Kate's mother". Then again, no one showing up at the funeral is kinda suspicious.

knelson
May 24th, 2007, 11:15 AM
For the coffin, Jack said neither friend nor family. If it was anyone on the island, I would've thought he said "friend".

Unless it's someone he would consider a friend now, but subsequent events will change that friendship.

Interesting the aging thing cropped up again. A couple weeks ago in Ben's flashback we saw when he first met Richard. At the time Ben was a child and Richard was an adult, now they seem to be contemporaries. Last night Locke was Walt and Walt was clearly older than he was. My best guess is there's some kind of time rift occurring on the island and time is moving more slowly there. This would imply Ben left the island for a significant amount of time allowing him to "catch up" in age to Richard.

Seagurl51
May 24th, 2007, 12:05 PM
I think it was Sawyer in the coffin.

And how 'bout Charlie?!?!?!?! SOOOO sad. :(:cry:

Blackbeard's Peg
May 24th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Who was in the coffin? Maybe James "Sawyer."
He had no friends anywhere, island or mainland.

But the "flash-forward." Is that really a "flast-forward?" Jack scremed at the new Chief of Surgery to get his (Jack's) father down there and see who was drunker. He has the prescription from his dad at the drug store. That kinda led me to believe it was a pre-crash scene.

Could it be that he and Kate were just somehow connected beforehand, and that Jack has a long history of pulling people out of the wreckage?

They kept calling him a hero - could he be connected to the tv show Heroes? Different networks, yes, but hehe, wouldn't that be interesting?

Seagurl51
May 24th, 2007, 12:10 PM
But the "flash-forward." Is that really a "flast-forward?" Jack scremed at the new Chief of Surgery to get his (Jack's) father down there and see who was drunker. He has the prescription from his dad at the drug store. That kinda led me to believe it was a pre-crash scene.

Could it be that he and Kate were just somehow connected beforehand, and that Jack has a long history of pulling people out of the wreckage?

They kept calling him a hero - could he be connected to the tv show Heroes? Different networks, yes, but hehe, wouldn't that be interesting?

I thought that too, but then remember when he was talking to Kate he was tallking about how he didn't want to be a hero and he didn't want to pull people from burning wreckage anymore. He also said that it was a mistake and that they should never have left and had to go back. And did you see when he was in his apartment he had all kinds of maps and stuff laying around. He's trying to get back to the island.

knelson
May 24th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Yes, it was definitely a "flash forward." I'm guessing not everyone made it off the island and that's why Jack wants to return. Before they revealed it was a flash forward I actually thought something was strange because Jack was using a Motorola RAZR, and it those wouldn't have been available before the crash.

I'm now second guessing my opinion that Walt was too old. Did anyone else think that? It could be just that the actor playing Walt shot up a little since we've last seen him. Anyway, at the time I thought it was a conscious decision to make him appear older.

Too bad about Charlie. You might question why he didn't just leave that room and seal the door behind him (or just swim out the porthole after the water completelt filled the room). I think he felt he had to die to fulfill Desmond's vision otherwise everyone else might not be rescued.

Kinda silly that Charlie knew how to make the keypad play "Good Vibrations" without ever having touched any of the keys previously, but I'll let that one slide! :)

imspoiled
May 24th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Yes, it was definitely a "flash forward." I'm guessing not everyone made it off the island and that's why Jack wants to return. Before they revealed it was a flash forward I actually thought something was strange because Jack was using a Motorola RAZR, and it those wouldn't have been available before the crash.

I'm now second guessing my opinion that Walt was too old. Did anyone else think that? It could be just that the actor playing Walt shot up a little since we've last seen him. Anyway, at the time I thought it was a conscious decision to make him appear older.

Too bad about Charlie. You might question why he didn't just leave that room and seal the door behind him (or just swim out the porthole after the water completelt filled the room). I think he felt he had to die to fulfill Desmond's vision otherwise everyone else might not be rescued.

Kinda silly that Charlie knew how to make the keypad play "Good Vibrations" without ever having touched any of the keys previously, but I'll let that one slide! :)

Walt was young on the show, yes, but he is/was at an age where kids shoot up rapidly. He was taken almost two full seasons ago, so it seemed logical that he would be older & taller.

I get that Locke wasn't dead & that he would be saved by the island again, but his changing loyalty is starting to p**s me off.

As for Charlie & "Good Vibrations", she told him the beginning of the code, so he knew where to start. If you think of the key pad like a phone keyboard, it wouldn't be hard to follow through. The blonde gave him almost the whole thing, so he just had to follow through.

BTW- How many lives does Mikhail (the one-eyed guy) have anyway? Is he part cat or something?

SwimStud
May 24th, 2007, 02:19 PM
I've never watched it, but I hear that there's going to be an episode where some Studly Female USMS Swimmer swims over to that island there after a navigation error on her way to Utila...

knelson
May 24th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Something that just struck me. Locke wouldn't kill his dad--someone who certainly deserved to die if there is such a thing. He never killed Ben when he had the chance, and couldn't follow through with his threat to shoot Jack last night. However, he had no reservations whatsoever in throwing a knife at Naomi and presumably killing her.

Blackbeard's Peg
May 24th, 2007, 02:34 PM
I actually thought something was strange because Jack was using a Motorola RAZR, and it those wouldn't have been available before the crash.
I noticed that too.

BTW- How many lives does Mikhail (the one-eyed guy) have anyway? Is he part cat or something?
He's been vibro-fenced, shot by desmondo, and grenaded. I don't think it is too far fetched for him coming back from the dead after the death by vibrofencing; and shooting someone, you can always miss. But if he comes back again after the grenade, something is up... he'll be like the cursed pirates from Pirates of the Carribbean.

craiglll@yahoo.com
May 24th, 2007, 05:41 PM
I was really surprised by how terrible a show it is. I have now watched three episodes to see why people acrtually lked it . I coudl find no reasons.

jim clemmons
May 24th, 2007, 07:31 PM
I was really surprised by how terrible a show it is. I have now watched three episodes to see why people actually lked it . I could find no reasons.

Sorry Craig - it's like swimming some events. You have to stick with them a full season to fully appreciate them. Once, twice or even three times won't help with becoming familiar enough to want to continue with them. Try giving it an entire season, instead of a snapshot, before you make up your mind.

On the other hand, a 200 fly isn't for everyone...

dorothyrde
May 24th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Actually my husband got hooked just this February and now does not miss it. Lots of people like it and watch it. Trying to puzzle it out is half the fun. Each to his own on his likes and dislikes.

I think it was Ben in the coffin, because he lied to everyone, so he would be alone. Kate said she had to get back to "him" so that might mean she had to get back Sawyer. If she might have been pregnant on the island, than he would have wanted her with him when they got back. Of course, there is the question of Kate's federal charges....does she just get to walk away from that?

Gotta help the kid study for the constitution....

knelson
May 25th, 2007, 12:19 AM
Of course, there is the question of Kate's federal charges....does she just get to walk away from that?

The way they met at the end of the runway suggests to me maybe she's still on the lam.

My wife doesn't watch the show either and doesn't get it. She wasn't really paying attention last night, but something happened and she asked me what was going on. I told her it wasn't worth trying to explain it to her! You can't just start watching and pick it up in a few minutes.

Blackbeard's Peg
May 25th, 2007, 12:35 AM
My wife doesn't watch the show either and doesn't get it. She wasn't really paying attention last night, but something happened and she asked me what was going on. I told her it wasn't worth trying to explain it to her! You can't just start watching and pick it up in a few minutes.
My mom was watching last night with me. She has been reading or playing sudoku during Lost all season, and at the end of every show, asks a "huh - what is going on question." Being a good son, I told her that she may want to prepare to get mad at me for refusing to answer her question because she hasn't paid attention all season. I tried to answer as best as possible, but she still didn't understand (would have helped to pay attention) and she got mad at me anyways...
:whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag:

jim clemmons
May 25th, 2007, 11:53 AM
I just watched the last episode last night. I'm with Dorothy - I think it's Ben in the coffin.

knelson
May 25th, 2007, 12:33 PM
I just watched the last episode last night. I'm with Dorothy - I think it's Ben in the coffin.

I have a feeling we might not find out for another couple years, though!

From screencaps I've seen of the clipping Jack tore from the newspaper the person who died's name is Jo_ _antham (you can't make out the middle part of the name). Of course it could be anyone. It's possible it's someone we know and they changed their name for whatever reason once they got off the island.

Mswimming
May 25th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Remember, Sawyer's name is an alias taken from Locke's Dad. I don't think we know what his real name is. So if it's sawyer, we may not recognize the name if they use his real name in the clipping.

But yeah, why isn't Kate in jail? I can't imagine she is still on the run.

And who does she have to get back to. I don't think its sawyer. Kate was driving a rather nice car.

Who is the kid in the emergency room? Claire's baby grown up? aka Jack's nephew.

How the heck did Mikail survive a spear gun shot through the chest?

Why didn't charlie get out of the room and close the door behind him? Or try to swim out the port hole? I think he does. The last shot seemed like foreshadowing to me with the port hole in the background.

hmmm.

knelson
May 25th, 2007, 04:45 PM
I think Charlie feels it's his destiny to die and he won't even try to escape.

The kid in the hospital--I assume--is the kid Jack pulled from the car. Jack also pulled the mom from the car, but I doubt they have any connection with the 815 crash. Or maybe they do--everything seems to be connected one way or another on the show! However, it's doubtful it's Aaron (Claire's son). The paper Jack is reading is from April, 2007. The crash occurred in 2004, so Claire's son wouldn't be that old.

Mikhail is a tough SOB! Then again, so is Locke. Not only did he survive getting gut shot, he had the strength to tromp across the island to the radio tower and throw a knife at Naomi! How in the world did he know everyone was at the radio tower anyway? I'm speculating he, like Desmond, is getting premonitions. Probably something to do with them both being in the hatch when it was destroyed.

craiglll@yahoo.com
May 25th, 2007, 05:22 PM
My mom was watching last night with me. She has been reading or playing sudoku during Lost all season, and at the end of every show, asks a "huh - what is going on question." Being a good son, I told her that she may want to prepare to get mad at me for refusing to answer her question because she hasn't paid attention all season. I tried to answer as best as possible, but she still didn't understand (would have helped to pay attention) and she got mad at me anyways...
:whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag:

Sudoku is another thing I don't get. They are so boring then after you'ver finished then-sowhat?

dorothyrde
May 25th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Some of the Lost sites say the coffin was too small for an adult, and it was a kid, but then, why would no one come to a kid's funeral. Too wierd, and now I find out it does not even start until January.:doh:

Dolphin72
May 25th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Hello Everyone,

You know when the show first came out I never wanted to watch it, but then a friend let me borrow season 1. So I started watching it with not much interest at first. Then I kept watching and I have to admit I grew more and more interested with each episode. You really have to follow it from the beginning to really be captured by it. I watched season two in a few days. I could not stop. Now I watch every episode. I sometimes wonder if they are just lost souls connected to the island because that is the symbolic place where they collide. What I mean is that in their lives they have all crossed each others paths either directly or indirectly. Did you notice that? So this island is the point of crossing. They are dealing with all their problems that pop up in the flash backs. The island helps them find that peace somehow. When they die they pass on to where they are supposed to go. I don't know if this is even close, but it is just an idea. I guess we will see eventually, huh?

murph
May 26th, 2007, 01:56 PM
About the flash forward - maybe by returning from the island their fate was somehow altered. It's as though the crash never occured and their lives turned out differently. Obviously though Jack and Kate know the crash occured.

Ivor
June 14th, 2007, 06:54 PM
I had to wait weeks, WEEKS I tell you, to catch up with you lot on the other side of the pond and I'm damn sure that I'm going to post my thoughts now - even if they are nearly a month late. . . .

1) I think the guy in the coffin in John Locke - hence the neither 'friend nor family' comment and nobody turning up for the funeral.

2) Why did Jack refer to his father when in the hospital (in what I assume was the flash-forward)?

3) Why are so many of the British accents painfully bad?

4) Where did Mikhail get a hand grenade from anyway?

5) Why would Richard (the amazingly ageless mascara wearing Other) follow Ben as leader when he'd been there longer and is older?

6) Is John Locke really a 17th century philosopher?

7) Why were Paulo and Nikki killed off so quickly?

8) What are we going to do until February?

That is all.

imspoiled
June 18th, 2007, 03:40 PM
I had to wait weeks, WEEKS I tell you, to catch up with you lot on the other side of the pond and I'm damn sure that I'm going to post my thoughts now - even if they are nearly a month late. . . .

1) I think the guy in the coffin in John Locke - hence the neither 'friend nor family' comment and nobody turning up for the funeral.

2) Why did Jack refer to his father when in the hospital (in what I assume was the flash-forward)?

3) Why are so many of the British accents painfully bad?

4) Where did Mikhail get a hand grenade from anyway?

5) Why would Richard (the amazingly ageless mascara wearing Other) follow Ben as leader when he'd been there longer and is older?

6) Is John Locke really a 17th century philosopher?

7) Why were Paulo and Nikki killed off so quickly?

8) What are we going to do until February?

That is all.

1) I agree-Locke in the coffin. He's changed sides so many times I can see no one caring to show up.

2) Jack's dad was an alcoholic. Jack turned him in for operating while drunk. Jack was drunk in the scene & asking to operate. I think he was making a point that it was ok for dad, so it should be ok for him.

3) I think some of the accents are supposed to be Austrailian.

4) First, you have to explain why he's still alive. He's got more lives than a cat.

5) Better questions is WHERE does he get his mascara? Really, do you see any of the girls wearing that much make-up?

7) A better question is where the heck did they come from in the first place? Sawyer had the best line a few episodes after he got back to the beach, "Who the h**l are Paulo & Nicki?"

8) Well, on this forum we could start our own "Lost" storyline thread. Based on the strange twists in the Horror Story Thread, we could be budding writers for the show!

Glad you finally caught up!

SwimStud
June 18th, 2007, 03:44 PM
2) Jack's dad was an alcoholic. Jack turned him in for operating while drunk. Jack was drunk in the scene & asking to operate. I think he was making a point that it was ok for dad, so it should be ok for him.

Is this Jack Bauer? I never saw that episode...

knelson
June 18th, 2007, 04:03 PM

I think Ivor was talking about where Jack says something to the effect of "go ask my dad, upstairs" as if his dad were still alive, even though supposedly Jack retrieved his dad's body in Oz and that's why he was on the flight to begin with.

Really, do you see any of the girls wearing that much make-up?

No, but Kate always has that hot sheen of sweat thing going! Really most of the Losties are doing a nice job with their personal hygeine. Maybe not quite up to Gilligan's Island standards, but good nonetheless ;)

Ivor
June 19th, 2007, 05:22 AM
I think Ivor was talking about where Jack says something to the effect of "go ask my dad, upstairs" as if his dad were still alive, even though supposedly Jack retrieved his dad's body in Oz and that's why he was on the flight to begin with.

Yes - sorry, that's what I meant. Maybe we'll find out that Jack's dad was not his biological father and that actually he was secretly fathered by the guy who pretended to be Locke's dad and Sawyer's nemesis who is now remarkably reincarnated after conning Mikhail out of his nine lives trick.

Or maybe Jack's dad himself has been reincarnated by the power of the island along with Hurley's girlfriend, Shannon, Paulo and Nikki.

Then again . . .

And though some of the accents are indeed meant to be Aussie a fair few of them are meant to be British, but come out sounding Aussie-ish.

Charlie, Desmond, Penny, Naomi etc. are all Brits and (obviously) their accents are spot on, but there are loads that are laughably bad.

Charlie's brother Liam, for example, does a bad British accent which is very annoying. Don't mind me though - it's just a pet hate.

On the subject of makeup - how do both Jack and Sawyer manage to have exactly the same amount of stubble all the time whilst never shaving? Is that the key to sleeping with Kate?

knelson
June 19th, 2007, 10:51 AM
On the subject of makeup - how do both Jack and Sawyer manage to have exactly the same amount of stubble all the time whilst never shaving?

They shave, but those Dharma razors aren't very good. :) They do seem to work fairly well for the ladies, though. They must use the special pink Dharma razors.

Is that the key to sleeping with Kate?

Um, I guess it's best not to comment on this one :banana:

knelson
February 1st, 2008, 01:13 PM
Bump for Season Four! Who watched it? I thought it was a little slow, actually. They didn't reveal a whole lot more. We do now know six people got off the island (Hurley's reference to the "Oceanic Six"). We know three of them: Kate, Jack and Hurley. Who are the other three?

Another thing that crossed my mind. Why isn't Kate in jail?

Seagurl51
February 3rd, 2008, 02:01 PM
OH MAN! Soooooo good! I agree that it was a little and didnt' do much other than raise more questions.

I was wondering about the other 3 too...that's hard to say considering how many survivors there still are and quite a few are important characters.

My thing I wanna know is what is going on with Loche!? He's crazy. And I have a feeling that Hurley is going to be a really central part of things from now on.

knelson
February 3rd, 2008, 08:52 PM
My thing I wanna know is what is going on with Loche!? He's crazy.

Seriously? I love Locke. He's probably my favorite character. Ultimately I think he'll be the one saying "I told ya so."

Blackbeard's Peg
February 3rd, 2008, 11:51 PM
i kinda want to know who the parachuter is. Jack seemed to know who he is... at least by the "what the f are you doing here" look he gave him as the show ended.

did anyone stay tuned to that other new show to see the "oceanic airlines special message?"

aztimm
February 4th, 2008, 02:38 PM
I actually thought something was strange because Jack was using a Motorola RAZR, and it those wouldn't have been available before the crash.

Only it wasn't a RAZR but a KRZR; I have the same phone ;)

Sorry, didn't see this thread here until today. I've been watching this show pretty seriously for the past 2 seasons or so.... I have long flights (to/fr Germany) in mid-Feb, and I'm considering buying season 1 from iTunes to keep me occupied during them (but if I did, I probably wouldn't sleep either).

Anyway, I was out of town on Thurs for work, got back to my hotel and just happened to see the last 5 min, which ruined it for me when I watched the dvr'd version at home over the weekend.

craiglll@yahoo.com
February 4th, 2008, 04:09 PM
I don't get it . Bad acting, stupid story lines and awful sets. How can anyone wahch this show?

jim clemmons
February 4th, 2008, 04:45 PM
I don't get it . Bad acting, stupid story lines and awful sets. How can anyone wahch this show?

Hmmm, sounds like a "trash talk" post to me.

:rant3:

knelson
February 4th, 2008, 05:46 PM
For someone who hates the show, Craig sure posts a lot about it. He's now posted five times in this thread. Craig: we get the message. You don't like the show. Now move along, please. Sheesh.

The Fortress
February 4th, 2008, 09:35 PM
I've never watched, but it sounds intriguing. Do you have to start with season 1?

Iwannafly
February 4th, 2008, 10:49 PM
So, I've had nothing but bad things to say about this show since it came on. It should have been a damn movie so that I would already know how it ended!:bitching:
Unfortunately, my wife TIVOed the recap before the season premiere. Now I think I'm hooked. Dammit!!!

aztimm
February 4th, 2008, 10:57 PM
I've never watched, but it sounds intriguing. Do you have to start with season 1?

No, they do little recaps before each show that will usually be enough for that show.

However, to get the overall whole picture (and if you like the show), you'll probably want to go back and watch the earlier episodes at some point. If you have Netflix, you can get them through there...or like I said in an earlier post, they are all available on iTunes (you don't need an iPod to watch, you can watch from your computer, but an iPod makes it more convenient).

knelson
February 4th, 2008, 11:52 PM
I would definitely start from the beginning. Otherwise you'll be constantly wondering exactly what's going on.

matysekj
February 5th, 2008, 12:38 AM
I agree with Kirk. I started watching mid-way through season 2, but watched every episode leading up to that time prior to watching any on live TV (DVD or iTunes). It was well worth it, and the first season is still the best anyway.

The Fortress
February 5th, 2008, 05:58 PM
No, they do little recaps before each show that will usually be enough for that show.

However, to get the overall whole picture (and if you like the show), you'll probably want to go back and watch the earlier episodes at some point. If you have Netflix, you can get them through there...or like I said in an earlier post, they are all available on iTunes (you don't need an iPod to watch, you can watch from your computer, but an iPod makes it more convenient).

Great idea! I think I'll buy Season 1 on itunes to get started. It would probably bug me if I was missing information.

Edit: I purchased the first two pilot episodes to watch on my iphone or computer. I'm psyched!

Blackbeard's Peg
February 6th, 2008, 12:03 AM
Great idea! I think I'll buy Season 1 on itunes to get started. It would probably bug me if I was missing information.

Edit: I purchased the first two pilot episodes to watch on my iphone or computer. I'm psyched!

Fort,
I hooked my family after watching the 1st episode of season two. i was very lost (har har), but my family was too... so we went out and borrowed someone's season one and caught up in two weeks.
After that worked so well, we've ended up buying a season of certain shows for Christmas (different show per kid) and watching as a family, one or two episodes a week. its kind of a neat way to watch something together, on our own pace, esp when there's nothing on TV.
It may be a bit much for mini fort, but something to think about...

knelson
February 8th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Those people really should have practiced parachuting a little more before getting to the island! :)

I thought last night's episode was quite thought-provoking. It sure looks like Oceanic is trying to cover-up what happened to flight 815. I think they planted a fake crash with dead people strapped inside in a place they knew it would be found. I think Oceanic is just a front with the real purpose being to criss-cross the Pacific in hopes of finding the island, and they succeeded. With the unfortunate side effect of the plane actually crashing on the island with survivors aboard...

jim clemmons
February 8th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Those people really should have practiced parachuting a little more before getting to the island! :)

Kinda like swimming and helicopters have something in common - not during lightning storms, thank you very little.

Seagurl51
February 8th, 2008, 08:45 PM
I was super happy with last night episodes! I felt like it actually answered a few questions. At very least, I felt plot movement which is amazing! :D

aztimm
March 5th, 2008, 06:00 PM
So is anyone still watching the show? What did you think of last week's episode? I kinda liked that it gave at least a little closure. I spend about 20 min yesterday looking through Lostapedia online, some people just have way too much time on their hands or are way too addicted to this show.

geochuck
March 5th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Lost and Prison break the two shows I hate.

jim clemmons
March 14th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I stayed home yesterday instead of going to work. While at home I got caught up on the last three episodes that I had missed.

I liked the part about determining your "constant".

What's your "constant"? I guess you can have more than one?

Mine are family, swimming, and work. Parts of work...not all of it.

geochuck
March 19th, 2008, 08:09 PM
No one in the USA really knows what great TV is. We have The Trailer Park Boys in Canada. If you do a video search on google. You will see true Canadian life .

Trailer Park Boys Video
is what you search. Talk about lost these guys are lost.

This series coming to US TV in 2008, we have enjoyed in Canada for a few years. Careful it is Xrated http://www.trailerparkboys.com/

The Fortress
March 30th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Thanks guys! Now I'm hooked. Working my way through the rentals. Don't dare go back and read this thread.

But, I have to say, it's not as good as House. I just love Hugh Laurie and think he's brilliant.

Blackbeard's Peg
May 29th, 2008, 11:38 PM
:bump:
Just watched the season finale. Wow. Intense. I even got some tears starting to well up.

knelson
May 30th, 2008, 10:58 AM
I'm still hooked, though I've got to say this season has tested me a bit. Overall the show has gotten a further air of cheesiness and bad acting to it.

It pissed me off last night that it was Locke in the coffin. He's my favorite character! I also don't understand why the Oceanic Six all seem to hate him so much. What did he do? OK, he stabbed Naomi, but in light of what happened subsequently with the freighter people it's pretty obvious he was correct in being wary of them. And he certainly isn't the only one with blood on their hands.

The Fortress
May 30th, 2008, 12:08 PM
I'm still hooked, though I've got to say this season has tested me a bit. Overall the show has gotten a further air of cheesiness and bad acting to it.

It pissed me off last night that it was Locke in the coffin. He's my favorite character! I also don't understand why the Oceanic Six all seem to hate him so much. What did he do? OK, he stabbed Naomi, but in light of what happened subsequently with the freighter people it's pretty obvious he was correct in being wary of them. And he certainly isn't the only one with blood on their hands.

Season 4 wasn't as good as the first three. Plus, except for the Locke in the coffin ending, the finale tied too many things up in a neat bow and cut back on the cool mysterious vibe of the show.

And why was Locke in the coffin exactly? Last we saw him, he was alive in the Orchid. How did he get back home? Did I miss something? I guess that will be explained next season. The Oceanic 6 don't like him because he blew up the sub, is too mystical and he marched half of the survivors to the barracks where they were all slaughtered by nasty Widmore freighter people.

knelson
May 30th, 2008, 12:23 PM
And why was Locke in the coffin exactly? Last we saw him, he was alive in the Orchid. How did he get back home? Did I miss something?

No. Keep in mind that's about three years after they left the island. There's still lots to fill in between them leaving and Locke's death.

The Oceanic 6 don't like him because he blew up the sub, is too mystical and he marched half of the survivors to the barracks where they were all slaughtered by nasty Widmore freighter people.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the sub incident, but still...

The finale certainly made many things clearer, but there are still lots of mysteries. We still don't know who Jacob is. What about Jack's dad? Is he still alive? What's the deal with Charlotte, Daniel and Miles? Widmore sent them to the island for some reason. I don't really think it was to capture Ben since he had the mercenary team for that.

The Fortress
May 30th, 2008, 12:35 PM
No. Keep in mind that's about three years after they left the island. There's still lots to fill in between them leaving and Locke's death.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the sub incident, but still...

The finale certainly made many things clearer, but there are still lots of mysteries. We still don't know who Jacob is. What about Jack's dad? Is he still alive? What's the deal with Charlotte, Daniel and Miles? Widmore sent them to the island for some reason. I don't really think it was to capture Ben since he had the mercenary team for that.

Right. Forgot the 3 years for a moment. I like the Locke character a lot as well. And I wish they hadn't killed off Rousseau.

Yeah, the rest of Widmore's team is a mystery. Along with why Richard never ages and others do.

How many seasons are left?

aquageek
June 3rd, 2008, 09:34 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed this past season, after almost ditching the show after a sorry season 3. I think there are about ten zillion ways the show can go next year, which hopefully will be well done. Jack has some work to do sobering up and toting Locke's smelly corpse back to the middle of the ocean to find the island.

The Fortress
June 3rd, 2008, 10:06 AM

This article seems to belie the "cheesiness" comment just a bit. http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2008-05-28-lost-time-space_N.htm

Still surprised that Locke was in the coffin, not Desmond. It's odd that Locke would end up in LA when he was so committed to the island.

Does any one think Claire, Michael and Jin are really dead? I remember a flash forward where Jin was saying he'd only been married for 2 months, so I'm assuming he's not dead.

Why did Christian only pop up this season?

Does anyone think Juliet is still an Other? She didn't seem very surprised to see the freighter blow up. And she wasn't too anxious to get off the island when she had the chance.

I wish Jack were a better actor. He doesn't do a very good addict imitation. Did he go off the deep end because he felt guilty about/responsible for the freighter disaster?

And what is Sun and Widmore's common interest?

Blackbeard's Peg
June 3rd, 2008, 10:54 AM
Does any one think Claire, Michael and Jin are really dead? I remember a flash forward where Jin was saying he'd only been married for 2 months, so I'm assuming he's not dead.

I believe that episode contained flash backs and flash forwards.
If you recall, he spent the better part of the *flashes* getting that panda and getting to the hospital. We were led to believe throughout that episode that he was getting it for Sun, but only to find out a twist... it was for the parents of some business associate, which, I think, occurred before they left Korea, and that Jin was dead (or at least not there and not going to come by)when Sun was giving birth to their child.

Sun/Widmore... perhaps sun wants to get back to the island, perhaps to find Jin. Widmore wants to find it.

I'm most interested to find out what happened to the island.

aquageek
June 3rd, 2008, 05:28 PM
Most of the blogs I've read indicate that Sawyer goes on an sex spree to prove the island can, in fact, bear children.

Are they all living underwater now?

jim clemmons
June 3rd, 2008, 06:00 PM
Most of the blogs I've read indicate that Sawyer goes on an sex spree to prove the island can, in fact, bear children.

If an island bears a child, is the child called an "islet"?

Sorry.

The Fortress
June 3rd, 2008, 07:01 PM

I just googled Lost blogs. It would take weeks to read that stuff!

As one mentioned, if they all go back to the island, there could be a Sawyer-Kate/Jack-Juliet hookup reunion. Quite a few posts point out that Bentham may not be Locke. (Very cool use of philosopher names on the show.) I saw one post speculating that perhaps Widmore is good and Ben is bad. (Why do we think Widmore is bad? Because Ben, the pathological liar, told us so.)

Is the island moving in time or space?

Soon we'll all believe in Jacob ...

knelson
June 4th, 2008, 01:15 AM
(Why do we think Widmore is bad? Because Ben, the pathological liar, told us so.)

Well, those mercenaries Widmore hired didn't seem like real nice guys to me.

aquageek
June 4th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I realize it's TV so that nullifies my next comment. But, how much worse could things be if they just shot Ben? Things are a mess with him around. He's got the mojo apparently.

The island is Atlantis, that will come out next year, along with Juliana being a Glamazon.

aztimm
June 4th, 2008, 12:03 PM
This is one of the best shows on TV, and it makes having a plasma TV worth the effort (true, I won't shell out $$ on an expensive swimsuit, but would on a tv). Anyway, the scenery is just amazing, but did anyone catch in one of the far-out shots you could almost see a town? Much of this was shot on-site in Hawaii.

I'm also amazed how they went out of their way to get the Korean language off to a T. I studied Korean while in the Army (it was my job), and not only did Son/Jin use it well, but they got the accent right for Jin's father (he was from a fishing village). If anyone remembers MASH, some of that was actually the language, but some was just jibberish.

I'm really going through withdrawl now, without Lost for another 7 months. At least we actually learned something this season, much of the past just seemed like a tease.

jim clemmons
January 22nd, 2009, 03:11 PM
So?

Reactivated for commentary.

Anyone else manage both sessions last night? I had a "parenting" class until 9:30pm so I DVR'd it. Got home, watched both and turned off the light just before midnite. Couldn't make the 0600 workout so caught the 0700 one instead and still managed to straggle in to work before 0900.

knelson
January 22nd, 2009, 04:15 PM
I did. Didn't realize till 10:00 that they were showing a full two hours of new episodes last night. I thought they were OK, but nothing really terribly exciting or thought provoking.

Seagurl51
January 24th, 2009, 11:43 AM
I was frustrated that after already being the most confusing show on TV they decided to bring in the string theory!!

I was expecting a little more action, but I think the opener did set up some interesting connections and things that could make for a good season. We shall see!!!!

orca1946
January 26th, 2009, 02:07 PM
I got lost in the 1st season & can't retrack it.

The Fortress
January 28th, 2009, 11:09 PM
I thought tonight's episode was great. Much better and more intriguing than the first two. So here are some of my random thoughts/questions:

1. Who was the woman from tonight's episode holding Daniel at gunpoint that looked so familiar? Could it be Charlotte's mother? Charlotte was born on the island ... Looked a bit like Rousseau too.

2. Was the freighter "in the radius" of the first flash? If so, they could all be alive.

3. What really happened to Claire? She's definitely not dead.

4. Is Daniel telling the truth that you "can't change the past"? Or is he saying that to get people off his back? He seems to think Desmond can change the past?

5. Was Daniel on the ancient Black Ship that came to the island with Richard and others? He seems to know everything and was there during the Dharma Initiative.

6. Who's sending the lawyers to Kate's house? Anyone think it might be Sun?

7. What are the whispers on the island? Could it be the voices of the survivors traveling through time? And what is the damn smoke monster?

8. Are just the survivors traveling through time? Are the original inhabitants traveling too? If not, why not?

9. And why do they all HAVE to go back to the island?

10. What is this "constant" business? Some, but not all, have to have a constant to not become sick like Charlotte during time travel?

11. What was with the random appearance by Anna Lucia?

12. What is this "game" exactly that Widmore and Ben are playing? Widmore broke the "rules" by killing Ben's daughter.

13. Are we seeing any past or future selves of the survivors?

ande
January 29th, 2009, 06:20 AM
I used to watch lost but lost lost me so I lost interest

not all who wander or lost

geochuck
January 29th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Lost and Prison Break - I even turn off their adds.

knelson
January 29th, 2009, 10:26 AM
How about this question:

Is Widmore really going to let Desmond just leave without following him? If Widmore is spending millions to find the island, why would he let a lead like Desmond just walk out? Since Desmond asked him the whereabouts of Faraday's mother Widmore must know it has something to do with the island.

orca1946
January 29th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Maybe the LOST crew should have had the Hudson plane pilot in command?!!

The Fortress
January 29th, 2009, 08:09 PM
How about this question:

Is Widmore really going to let Desmond just leave without following him? If Widmore is spending millions to find the island, why would he let a lead like Desmond just walk out? Since Desmond asked him the whereabouts of Faraday's mother Widmore must know it has something to do with the island.

No way. He's playing a "game" with Ben. He just "broke the rules" by offing Ben's daughter and he knows Ben's deeply angry. He's so arrogant that I'm sure he think he can protect his daughter better than Desmond. Plus, he'll want to keep tabs on what Desmond is doing vis-a-vis the Island/time travelers, etc. If he really doesn't know where the Island has gone, he may think Desmond can help lead him back to it. Although since Sun is apparently going back, and she is in cahoots with Widmore, that's another avenue of information.

More interesting is the fact that Widmore was there in 1954 with the original inhabitants.

tjrpatt
January 29th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I really need to catch up. Luckily, it is on demand. From what I watch of this season, I am completely lost. The season finale last season was so good.

orca1946
January 30th, 2009, 12:47 PM
It has been announced that it will be coming to an end in 3 seasons. Is that 3 LOST years?

Seagurl51
January 31st, 2009, 04:08 PM
It has been announced that it will be coming to an end in 3 seasons. Is that 3 LOST years?

3?! I thought it was going to end after season 6, so next year?!?!

tjrpatt
February 6th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Since I have been sick this week, I have been able to catch up on Lost. Of the time traveling, where is the Principal From Growing Pains and his black wife Rose and the rest of the extras. Did they get Killed? I must have missed that part or something. I get that alot of people died from "flying fire".

The Physicist dude, what is his story with the wife or girlfriend needing medical care.

Hopefully, we might get what happened to the French people.

Also, I hope that they do the Charles Whitmore backstory soon?

Even though I am caught up with episodes, I am still little lost on Lost.

orca1946
February 9th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Maybe if they could swim trhey would leave the island!!

knelson
March 26th, 2009, 01:29 AM
I enjoyed tonight's show. One question, though. The guy living in the tepee. Where were his brother Darryl and his other brother Darryl? :D

Seagurl51
March 26th, 2009, 05:36 PM
What about the fact that Siyead(???) shot Ben?!?! If Ben can't grow up then the last 4 and a half seasons of this show were wasted!!! But then, isn't Ben in a coma as an adult on the other side of the island with the rest of the plane crash victims and Loche?

This show hurts my brain........and I can't stop watching.........

knelson
March 28th, 2009, 12:24 PM
What about the fact that Siyead(???) shot Ben?!?! If Ben can't grow up then the last 4 and a half seasons of this show were wasted!!! But then, isn't Ben in a coma as an adult on the other side of the island with the rest of the plane crash victims and Loche?

No, "future Ben" is fine. He was last shown getting knocked out by an oar wielding Sun (OK, fine other than being out cold currently).

I'm very confident that young Ben is not dead. Heck, remember a couple seasons ago when Michael crashed his car in New York after returning from the island? He hardly got a scratch. Also both Christian Shephard and John Locke have seemingly been resurrected by the island, so I think it's pretty safe to assume 1977 Ben will not be killed by Sayid's gunshot.

Muppet
March 29th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Kirk, you bring up an interesting point about Dr. Sheppard the elder and Locke and resurrection. But they had to come to the island dead to be resurrected.
Will be interesting to find out how this all comes to pass...

orca1946
April 4th, 2009, 02:01 AM
Do people still follow or thr to follow this show?

knelson
February 10th, 2010, 01:45 PM
OK, bump for this season. I thought last week's two hour premiere was pretty good. Last night's not quite as good. Love the bit about the imposter Locke! I'm still not convinced Jacob is really the good guy and the "Man in Black" is the bad one. It will be interesting to see what happens to Sayid.

The Fortress
February 10th, 2010, 01:52 PM
OK, bump for this season. I thought last week's two hour premiere was pretty good. Last night's not quite as good. Love the bit about the imposter Locke! I'm still not convinced Jacob is really the good guy and the "Man in Black" is the bad one. It will be interesting to see what happens to Sayid.

I thought it was pretty clever to leave it unresolved whether the bomb worked and have the two simultaneous timelines. The temple "others" add a new element of mystery to the plot.

I'm not sure Jacob is "good" either. Whenever he time traveled and appeared to one of the survivors, he never actually helped them.

They still haven't explained the Richard Alpert non-aging question yet. And will real Locke be resurrected like Christian and Sayid?

Stevepowell
February 12th, 2010, 10:24 AM
I'm more lost than ever.

The two timelines (on the island and LA) aren't simultaneous. The LA one is a flashback three years ago and the island is current.

If that's true than the LA Losties will eventually make it to the island.

Well maybe, who knows.

jessicafk11
February 13th, 2010, 08:30 AM
At this point I'm just getting tired of all the questions. Every episode each minute seems to bring (yet another) unanswered question. It's starting to feel old at this point. Nothing shocks me anymore. I suppose in the last season I was hoping for some questions to finally start being answered so I could see the puzzle coming together. I'm more lost than ever and it doesn't seem so clever at this point.

orca1946
February 15th, 2010, 04:19 PM
It will all turn out to be a dream !!

Stevepowell
February 17th, 2010, 02:59 PM
After Tuesdays ep it does seem more clear. I still don't know what exactly is going on (it just seems clearer)! but the Locke Monster probably isn't totally fabricating the story to Sawer/Ford.

swimcat
February 20th, 2010, 07:49 PM
i am so far disapointed in this season. first where is desmond? he was in first episode but ???
Jakob actually did help Locke, when Locke was pushed out the window by his father aka Sawyer- the guy who Sawyer (james ford-ahhhh) is looking for- Jakob touched him, he was dead.
The forum theories is the smoke monster was Christian as well.
Maybe the temple contains a fountain of youth for richard.