PDA

View Full Version : Masquerade Ball Category Winners

MOONBEAM
May 11th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Now that you all know I was Moonbeam (IslandSox-Donna), I want to give most of you dedicated players some prizes. Here are the categories that got my attention.

Most Clever Ruse: Irishpolarbear (our two fav mods). Prize: new reading glasses.

Best Sleuth: The Fortress. Prize: a compass, a pollygraff machine and a fingerprint kit.

Toughest Alias to Crack: Horse (Slowsim). Prize: A 1,000 lb. Saddle to build his stamina up for triathlons.

Shortest Alias Lived: Fastjack (George Park). Prize: A change of address card at the post office, he may not be where he is for very long but he can take his address with him.

Most loyal linguists and voyeuers: Peter Cruise and 3 Strokes. Prizes: A telescope and a dictionary from the peoples of Garafuna (Caribbean folks) so you can add to your language skills.

Most enthusiastic participants: Swim Stud and Kyra. For Rich, Comedy Central will be calling you between 8 and 12 on Tuesday for an interview for your own show. For Kyra,
Your school is automatically going to graduate you, you don’t have to finish. Human resources wants to see you next Thursday at 2:00 pm with a list of employers anxious to speak to you.

Best disguise/Honorable Mention: Barb (ensignada) for four aliases: Clownfish, Cinderella, skyrocket and mental. Prize: a condo to share with Karen Duggan at Sunset Villas in Roatan (my friends own it—I’ll get it for you).

Best disguise/Honorable Mention: Fearless Leader, Jim M. our mod for the statement: Too Obvious? A new set of forum icons so you don’t have to search so much.

Most Obvious Alias: Flower Power and Bong Boy/Jim B. our Bork. A year of air guitar lessons.

Funniest Guess: Swim Stud when asking about Cat & Mouse: Are you Amanda Beard?
Prize: Amanda Beard.

Most Alias Outings: Fortress followed by Kyra. They both have to go on an outing together deep in the woods somewhere, no people, no phones, no communication with civilization. That’ll kill ‘em, those talkaholics. Oh, wait, that’s not a prize, but it will be for us—it’ll be a vacation. So the prize is indirectly for all of us (LOL).

I hope I haven’t missed any categories or people but I had to condense over a 1,300 replies of the most funniest stuff I have ever been involved in. I may have to keep adding some because everyone who played this silly game have made my life a real bowl of cherries. I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

Moonbeam, aka, Islandsox, i.e, Donna

A poll will also be out shortly; there is a category that you need to vote on; didn't want you reading and writing any longer due to this: whew.

I wish all of you who are going to or are at Nationals, great swims and friendship.

edited: I want to now add that there were days when I was not near a computer and I had Fortress be Moonbeam. She did a terrific job and quite frankly, it became necessary for help. So please don't give me all the credit. Our Fortress truly lives up to her name. Thank you, Leslie. What a hoot this entire thing was.

Donna

Cat & Mouse
May 11th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Most Alias Outings: Fortress followed by Kyra. They both have to go on an outing together deep in the woods somewhere, no people, no phones, no communication with civilization. That’ll kill ‘em, those talkaholics. Oh, wait, that’s not a prize, but it will be for us—LOL

I think you'll miss me.

MOONBEAM
May 11th, 2007, 07:33 PM
I think you'll miss me.

I won't miss you, you'll come to Roatan and I'll get a condo for you, too. I couldn't have done this without you, you know. But the forum would be awfully quiet without you!:smooch:

Cat & Mouse
May 11th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Rich is getting his own show and I'm exiled to the woods. Boo, hoo, hoo. Oh, well, at least Scarlet/Kyra is with me.

3strokes
May 11th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Most loyal linguists and voyeuers: Peter Cruise and 3 Strokes. Prizes: A telescope and a dictionary from the peoples of Garafuna (Caribbean folks) so you can add to your language skills.

An all-Canadian one, two (I don't know whether to be proud or change my name and go into hiding).

Therefore we, Peter and I, that is, are thusly qualified?

Because of their difference and independence, over the years the Garifuna have been feared and variously accused of devil-worship,

[Well, we did devilishly worship Donna and Fort, in their various impersonations, dese guyses (Hi Peter), incarnations, avatars, masks]

polygamy,

I claim my right as a Muslim and therefore am entitled to up-to-four wives (concurrently). I don't think I deserve to get four (What was my crime after all? One was more than enough!). Also, as many concubines as I can handle (pun unintended but appropriate).

voodoo and speaking a secret language.

Despite their tragic history, the Garifuna have survived and thrived, spreading their unique culture along the entire Mosquito Coast; migrating from Roatan to the mainland of Honduras, .......... The Garifuna culture is a unique treasure that is worth exploring.

If'n yo speeka da idio'ma-n

Peter Cruise
May 11th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Ahmed: what a team! we'll show those Garafuna what elliptical really means.

Cat & Mouse
May 11th, 2007, 07:43 PM

Not if I foist my pollygraff off on you ...

3strokes
May 11th, 2007, 08:05 PM

I was thinking more oval-like. Isn't one an adaptation of the other (egg v/s ellipsis or v.v.?)

3strokes
May 11th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Not if I foist my pollygraff off on you ...

Could that be Steffi instead of Polly? (I am -was- a tennis player!)

Peter Cruise
May 11th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Ahmed- it is the difference between aim and action.

Seagurl51
May 11th, 2007, 09:13 PM
YAY!! I love my prizes!! :cheerleader:

Slowswim
May 11th, 2007, 09:41 PM
I'd like to thank the academy and all the little people who made this possible: my agent, all of you who bought my records...

Oh sorry, wrong speech. I was actually scared that I could pull it off and I slipped up near the end.

My mom always said, "At the moment of victory, sharpen your sword."

Never a truer statement.

This was a blast!! Thanx Donna. You Rock.

MOONBEAM
May 11th, 2007, 09:43 PM
I'd like to thank the academy and all the little people who made this possible: my agent, all of you who bought my records...

Oh sorry, wrong speech. I was actually scared that I could pull it off and I slipped up near the end.

My mom always said, "At the moment of victory, sharpen your sword."

Never a truer statement.

This was a blast!! Thanx Donna. You Rock.

You forgot to ask for World Peace!!!

Julius Caesar
May 12th, 2007, 12:22 AM
You forgot to ask for World Peace!!!

World peace will not make me rich.

mental
May 12th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Vote for me. But who am I? I can't recall ... I think I am Cruise.

mental
May 12th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Where are the evilstrokers? Is anyone besides SwimStud posting? Am I Rich or am I getting a room with Rich? Or did he fly on a plane to Roatan?

MOONBEAM
May 12th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Rich is with me. Sorry mental. Geepers, you could have found someone more reliable. Is it the roast yet?

Julius Caesar
May 12th, 2007, 12:53 AM
Is there no one worthy of my army?

geochuck
May 12th, 2007, 01:04 PM
One thing about Fastjack. He swims the same way quick entry quick to finish.

In and out in a hurry.

Slowswim
May 12th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Is there no one worthy of my army?

I am an Army of One!! Be afraid, very afraid.

Peter Cruise
May 13th, 2007, 05:11 AM
The real FastJack, who was faster-than-us-all-in-his-own-unique-category would undoubtably be a fine recruit for your army.

3strokes
May 13th, 2007, 09:35 AM
The real FastJack, who was faster-than-us-all-in-his-own-unique-category would undoubtably be a fine recruit for your army.

Peter, did you ever reveal the mystery surrounding your avatar or not? And if the former, where and when? I missed it.
If the latter, then PuHlease! The suspense is taking it's toll

newmastersswimmer
May 13th, 2007, 04:22 PM
I just want to officially thank the academy for my prestigious award! I can't wait to take advantage of all those free air guitar lessons as well!
I also want to congratulate all the other award winners as well! I'm suprised though that Pegasus didn't win some kind of longetivity award for taking the longest to unmask?

Bork