PDA

View Full Version : NSR Smiley Game

Karen Duggan
May 11th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Since we are getting way cool smileys lately, I've decided to TRY to construct a game. Someone puts out a series of Smileys, and people try to interpret the message:

I'll start:

:notworking: :duel: :fish2: :cheerleader: :drink: :blah: :agree:

:thhbbb:

What is your interpretation?

Peter Cruise
May 11th, 2007, 08:04 PM
You have a 'professional development' day, Karen?

Cat & Mouse
May 11th, 2007, 08:06 PM
You're mental.

USMSarah
May 11th, 2007, 08:13 PM
This is how my week has been going...

:frustrated: :mad: :cry: :bitching: :drink: :sad: :wine: :frustrated:

Can anyone take a guess?

3strokes
May 11th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Since we are getting way cool smileys lately, I've decided to TRY to construct a game. Someone puts out a series of Smileys, and people try to interpret the message:

I'll start:

:notworking:

Back home from work. Supposedly not having to work, but look at all the chores my family left undone (and there's a mote of dust, way over there, under the refiregartor (Well, sorry. It has been a long, hard day.)

:duel:

Do I still have to do battle with my family, to get them
to do the smallest, tiniest things that need to be done?

:fish2:

and now they want fresh fish for supper. What's wrong with frozen?

:cheerleader:

How I long for those days, back when I was a Cheerleader and the whole Football (and Basket-ball) teams were at my beck and call, and .......:censor:

:drink:

Guess I'll just unwind and I'm sure the sun is over the yard-arm somewhere in the World (as Moonbeam would have said....... as Moonbeam is most probably saying right now) and I'll have my few pints of (Canadian, of course) brewskie.

:blah: :agree: :thhbbb:

These are easy. They say,
":blah: and the other two. I'm limited to 10 images "

How did I do? Do you believe in telepathy now?

SwimStud
May 11th, 2007, 08:20 PM
This is how my week has been going...

:frustrated: :mad: :cry: :bitching: :drink: :sad: :wine: :frustrated:

Can anyone take a guess?

PMS?

OK Kiddin Sarge...but it looks a bit like my life! LOL

ensignada
May 11th, 2007, 10:09 PM
PMS?

You have PMS?

That might be a bigger concern than the shoulder or knee, dude.

SwimStud
May 11th, 2007, 10:20 PM
You have PMS?

That might be a bigger concern than the shoulder or knee, dude.

I assure you sweety I suffer PMS, sure my symptomns are external but I still suffer...:laugh2:

I actually empathise...my back issue out hits me with muscle tension and spasm all around the hips and lower back...to an extent I am sure it is similar. When I get pain from that I snap like a croc...

ensignada
May 11th, 2007, 10:30 PM
I assure you sweety I suffer PMS, sure my symptomns are external but I still suffer...:laugh2:

I actually empathise...my back issue out hits me with muscle tension and spasm all around the hips and lower back...to an extent I am sure it is similar. When I get pain from that I snap like a croc...

I've heard PMS can be hazardous to a man's health. So can early pregnancy from what my husband tells me (I was a tad...unpredictable. Nevertheless, it is never a good idea to tell a pregnant woman in close proximity that you've read that morning sickness is mostly psychological).

SwimStud
May 11th, 2007, 10:38 PM
I've heard PMS can be hazardous to a man's health. So can early pregnancy from what my husband tells me (I was a tad...unpredictable. Nevertheless, it is never a good idea to tell a pregnant woman in close proximity that you've read that morning sickness is mostly psychological).
hahaha
my best act was eating a sandwich in the delivery room in front of my swollen wife who was not allowed to eat...lol

ensignada
May 11th, 2007, 10:56 PM
hahaha
my best act was eating a sandwich in the delivery room in front of my swollen wife who was not allowed to eat...lol

That wasn't very swimstudly of you. Hopefully it wasn't tuna fish or liverwurst. lol

The one that Ken will never live down though came when I was around 8.5-9 mths and feeling pretty big. I stepped on the scale prior to getting into the shower, Ken glanced down at the numbers and said "Hey, we can wrestle in the same weight class now." He made a nearly full recovery by delivery time.

SwimStud
May 11th, 2007, 10:58 PM
That wasn't very swimstudly of you. Hopefully it wasn't tuna fish or liverwurst. lol

The one that Ken will never live down though came when I was around 8.5-9 mths and feeling pretty big. I stepped on the scale prior to getting into the shower, Ken glanced down at the numbers and said "Hey, we can wrestle in the same weight class now." He made a nearly full recovery by delivery time.

I thought wrestling got you into that predicament...:rofl:

Oh I'm big torment too Barb..not just a Stud... ;)

ensignada
May 11th, 2007, 11:13 PM
I thought wrestling got you into that predicament...:rofl:

Oh I'm big torment too Barb..not just a Stud... ;)

Well, you did say Mrs. Stud has 3 children.

USMSarah
May 13th, 2007, 10:43 AM
PMS?

You're actually right!!!! Ha ha! (Sorry for not posting very often, my computer is on the fritz).

MOONBEAM
May 13th, 2007, 07:47 PM

I'll start:

:thhbbb:

What is your interpretation?

Before I give my results, I wanna know more about you; there's something terribly amiss by your thinking because you are way OUT there girlfriend. It's a shame I swam at your pool and missed you by a few years, but then I wouldn't have gotten in any serious swims because I'd be laughing my :mooning: off. You are hazardous to your teammates!! LOL

My take on your smilie day besides needing Mental here:

Nothing in my day is going right, so I am battling with everyone and decide to go for a swim but there's a new swimmer and next-door neighbor on the team who is way too optimistic for my bad day (Helen Happy) , so I go home and decide to have a few shots where I find my kids rattling on and on and on and I just shake my head and tell everyone YES for the night to get them to shut up.

How'd I do?

3strokes
May 13th, 2007, 09:25 PM
My take on your smilie day besides needing Mental here:

Nothing in my day is going right, so I am battling with everyone and decide to go for a swim but there's a new swimmer and next-door neighbor on the team who is way too optimistic for my bad day (Helen Happy) , so I go home and decide to have a few shots where I find my kids rattling on and on and on and I just shake my head and tell everyone YES for the night to get them to shut up.

How'd I do?

Hi Moonbeam
I had a somewhat similar take on Karen's cryptogram (see post
http://forums.usms.org/showpost.php?p=94305&postcount=5)
but she never commented on my interpretation.

?

MOONBEAM
May 15th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Here was my day yesterday
:help::whiteflag::frustrated::wine::wine:

Here is my day today so far

:coffee::coffee::coffee:

newmastersswimmer
May 15th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Well Donna....at least your day ended on a good note though?

Here was my day yesterday:

:confused: :frustrated: :coffee: :shakeshead: :dedhorse: :dunno: :doh: :mad: :drink: :groovy:

Bork

MOONBEAM
May 15th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Well Donna....at least your day ended on a good note though?

Here was my day yesterday:

:confused: :frustrated: :coffee: :shakeshead: :dedhorse: :dunno: :doh: :mad: :drink: :groovy:

Bork

Too Funny! Looks like we had the same day yesterday, at least today is not Groundhog Day.

swimmieAvsFan
May 15th, 2007, 01:22 PM
here's an attempt at how my last few weeks (yes, weeks) have been...

:snore: :frustrated: :coffee: :doh: :shakeshead: :whiteflag: :frustrated: :fish2: :smooch: :snore:

any guesses?

Blackbeard's Peg
May 15th, 2007, 01:36 PM
here's an attempt at how my last few weeks (yes, weeks) have been...

:snore: :frustrated: :coffee: :doh: :shakeshead: :whiteflag: :frustrated: :fish2: :smooch: :snore:

any guesses?

you pass out from drinking too much rum in tortuga, wake up with a splitting headache and pound the coffee. when you come to, you realize "DOH!" MY BOAT!!!! As you look off in the distance, you see your seadoo had somehow managed to find its way atop the palm trees of the island you're now stranded on. How it got there you have no idea.

So then you spend the next week living off coconuts and try to flag down every passing British merchant ship. Unfortunately they don't stop and you get really pissed off. You decide, WTF, I'll just swim backstroke. So you swim, swim, and swim some more until some handsome pirate comes and picks you up from the middle of the sea. You fall in love and then take a long-deserved nap.

ARRRRR!!!

Karen Duggan
May 16th, 2007, 04:41 PM

Answer to Post #1
I was at work, not working, dealing with an idiot colleague, wishing I could be swimming (fast, thus the cheerleader), then relaxing with a beer, while listening to someone boring, and nodding in absent agreement.

OK, I made it up! I don't really remember what I was thinking!

Ahmed, I was NEVER a cheerleader. I preferred playing the sports to cheering in such ridiculous costumes, for someone else playing!

Is there a no cheerleader smiley?!?

Seagurl51
May 16th, 2007, 07:03 PM
My day was :drink: :snore: :coffee: :snore: :drink: yesterday.

globuggie
May 17th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Yesterday, my day was
:fish2: :coffee: :blah: :doh: :duel: :help: :dunno: :D :notworking: :snore:

3strokes
May 18th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Ahmed, I was NEVER a cheerleader. I preferred playing the sports to cheering in such ridiculous costumes, for someone else playing!

Is there a no cheerleader smiley?!?

Yes, there is

[/:cheerleader: ] = end [:cheerleader:]

MOONBEAM
May 19th, 2007, 09:09 PM
My day was :drink: :snore: :coffee: :snore: :drink: yesterday.

I'm loving your day.