PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to see Shrek 3 this weekend?

SwimStud
May 18th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Well, hands up...

The Shrek movies are hilarious.

tjburk
May 18th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Am going to take the wife....she loved both of the first ones!
And, since I couldn't go to Nats.....have a lot of time this weekend.

Slowswim
May 18th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Can you say Netflicks!!!:applaud:

The Fortress
May 18th, 2007, 03:52 PM
It didn't get a very good review in the Washington Post. I read the movie story book to lil lil Fort and the story line didn't sound as good. I'm sure there are some good laughs though. Hard to beat the first two. Sort of like Spiderman 3. Everyone in my family is waiting for Pirates of the Caribbean 3!

P.S. The NY Times gave it a good review. The reviewer like it better than the first two.

Julie Roddin
May 18th, 2007, 08:20 PM
I'm going to go see it at some point this weekend to get out of the sun. I know, it's a rough life having to spend every single day outdoors, but I got a little sunburned today during my fun little open water swim workout. I bought a 2-piece suit to swim in since I knew I'd be swimming outdoors for a few weeks and definitely don't have enough base tan on my tummy to be out swimming in the middle of the day in it.

So, I'm headed to see Shrek :)

newmastersswimmer
May 18th, 2007, 10:12 PM
I'm going to go see it at some point this weekend to get out of the sun. I know, it's a rough life having to spend every single day outdoors, but I got a little sunburned today during my fun little open water swim workout. I bought a 2-piece suit to swim in since I knew I'd be swimming outdoors for a few weeks and definitely don't have enough base tan on my tummy to be out swimming in the middle of the day in it.

So, I'm headed to see Shrek :)

Yaeh, you and Donna have it so rough living in a tropical paradise and all LOL!

I may take Neal to go see it on Sunday myself. I really liked the first two movies a lot! I hope this one is as good as the other two?

Bork

Julie Roddin
May 18th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Yaeh, you and Donna have it so rough living in a tropical paradise and all LOL!

Oh, I wish I lived here. Just working for 4 days and on vacation for 4 days :)

swim4me
May 19th, 2007, 08:31 AM
My daughter saw it last night and woke us up to say it is a 'Must See' and halarious!!!:cheerleader:

tjburk
May 21st, 2007, 10:37 AM
Took the wife to see it Saturday!!! Just as good as the first 2 in my opinion! Eddy Murphy and Antonio Banderas were really good. Will definitely buy it when it comes out!

globuggie
May 21st, 2007, 10:47 AM
Saw it Saturday. The overall quality was very similar to the first two. It did have a strong feminist bent to it, which surprised me.

SwimStud
May 21st, 2007, 10:54 AM
It did have a strong feminist bent to it, which surprised me.

That's it then...I call BOYCOTT!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

poolraat
May 22nd, 2007, 08:20 PM
I saw it Saturday (and Spiderman 3 on Sunday). I enjoyed it as I have the previous 2. I didn't think it was as good as the first, better than the 2nd. I really enjoyed the donkey/puss-in-boots part. That was hilarious.

Blackbeard's Peg
May 22nd, 2007, 09:23 PM
ARRRRRRRR - never mind shrek - who will be going to see Pirates of the Caribbean this weekend?
:duel:

The Fortress
May 22nd, 2007, 09:32 PM
ARRRRRRRR - never mind shrek - who will be going to see Pirates of the Caribbean this weekend?
:duel:

Exactly! Much better! But who is going to get the girl?!

SwimStud
May 22nd, 2007, 09:50 PM
Exactly! Much better! But who is going to get the girl?!

Tough call since I'm not in it...

knelson
May 23rd, 2007, 12:42 AM
Don't you guys watch any movies made for adults? :)

SwimStud
May 23rd, 2007, 08:21 AM

Bork? You want to answer this one?

mattson
May 23rd, 2007, 08:36 AM

Hmmm... I wonder if there is a reason we only see your avatar from the waist up! :banana:

Shrek is at 42% for RottenTomatoes. Shame that this movie and SpiderMan suffered from sequelitis. Hopefully Pirates and Harry Potter will do better.

SwimStud
May 23rd, 2007, 08:43 AM
Hmmm... I wonder if there is a reason we only see your avatar from the waist up! :banana:

Shrek is at 42% for RottenTomatoes. Shame that this movie and SpiderMan suffered from sequelitis. Hopefully Pirates and Harry Potter will do better.

In asense I agree about the sequels but the kids love it...and if them going to a moive let's me swim in peace for a few hours..sequel aways baby!