PDA

View Full Version : FS Pro Comments

Blackbeard's Peg
May 19th, 2007, 12:03 AM
Anyone else get one of the new FS Pro's?

I bought a legsuit, wore it for my 100 fly at nationals and didn't really like it. When I first put it on, it didn't stretch to cover most of my leg, and it certainly barely fit over my rear. But performance-wise, I had a bubble inside the suit during the 100 fly.

Needless to say, the 2-year old FS2 made an appearance for the 200 free.

So who else bought one of these things? What do you think? Did you have the same issues?

Allen Stark
May 19th, 2007, 12:26 AM
I have a jammer.I like the way it feels better than my FS II,but I sure couldn't say it's faster(but then with a jammer it won't make as much difference as with a full body suit.)

SwimsWithAFist
May 19th, 2007, 01:35 AM
I bought a legsuit, wore it for my 100 fly at nationals and didn't really like it. When I first put it on, it didn't stretch to cover most of my leg, and it certainly barely fit over my rear. But performance-wise, I had a bubble inside the suit during the 100 fly.

So I see that you had the burritos the day before in the hospitality suite, huh? I think that bubble would have been there no matter what you wore.

A.K.
May 19th, 2007, 09:38 AM
:rofl:

imspoiled
May 19th, 2007, 05:09 PM
I got one too, Jeff. Mine (the women's version), gets a bubble in the top. Used it for the 50-breast right out of the box. It was ok for the breast, but when I got in the warm-down pool after and did some free, it felt very strange. My FSII will be serving me well during the free & fly tomorrow; although, I did wear it for the back.

When i get home, the swim shop guy will definitely be hearing from me. When I tried it on, he had me go down one size because my reg size was gapping at the top. There's no gaps when its dry, but it feels like a drag suit when it's wet. YUCK!

Blackbeard's Peg
May 21st, 2007, 10:49 PM
I got one too, Jeff. Mine (the women's version), gets a bubble in the top. Used it for the 50-breast right out of the box. It was ok for the breast, but when I got in the warm-down pool after and did some free, it felt very strange. My FSII will be serving me well during the free & fly tomorrow; although, I did wear it for the back.

When i get home, the swim shop guy will definitely be hearing from me. When I tried it on, he had me go down one size because my reg size was gapping at the top. There's no gaps when its dry, but it feels like a drag suit when it's wet. YUCK!

Interesting that you mention this - I had a similar experience. The suit i bought would barely stay up above my buttocks dry, and was at least 3 inches above my anklebone. However, as soon as I got it wet, I got a lot of folds in it and was able to stretch it all over the place. Weird.

I wore the pro for all my relays (2x 50 back and a 50 free), but nothing else after the 100 fly. I didn't get the bubble the same way for any of those races, but was in the water in some way/shape/form before each of those races (ie jumping in for the back).

pdjang
May 22nd, 2007, 11:52 AM
I noticed that Speedo has the old male FS suits on sale - ($72 for full body) and ($75 for the knee length). www.speedousa.com - check for sales. These suits are for males - they did not appear to have any FS for females ;{

Personally, I really wish they would put the zipper in the front. I had a Victor suit with the front zipper. It felt like a paper suit and I had some great swims with the suit. Unfortunately, they went out of business and my suit was stolen.

I am curious about the suit weight and performance. Has anyone else noticed that these technical suits (when wet) seem to hold significant amounts of water and gain weight? To me, this is an interesting paradox - will a heavier suit enhance or hinder performance?

Philipp

knelson
May 22nd, 2007, 12:06 PM
will a heavier suit enhance or hinder performance?

I think the answer to that is obvious :)

I have an original FS leg suit and it always feels like my legs are dragging a little with it on, however I do swim fast with it. So again, it seems to be sort of a paradox.

meldyck
May 22nd, 2007, 12:49 PM
I am curious about the suit weight and performance. Has anyone else noticed that these technical suits (when wet) seem to hold significant amounts of water and gain weight? To me, this is an interesting paradox - will a heavier suit enhance or hinder performance?

Philipp

Hi Philipp,

I can remember when I bought my Victor from Jerry Greenberg. His comment was go put ours and one of theirs in the water and then lift them. The point is just what you are making above, namely, that the Speedo suits weighed more than the Victor suits. It is interesting that, after all these years, Speedo has re-discovered Jerry's rule.

However, in my personal tests of Speedo and Victor (my own timed performances with controls), I found that both suits seemed to perform equally well. I have a write-up of my tests on other masters swimmers in Speedo-only FSI suits on my personal web site (meldyck.home.comcast.net (http://meldyck.home.comcast.net)). Look for the link entitled 'How Fast is Your Suit.'

Nice to see you again in Seattle. I wanted to have a chance to talk to you about your swim record keeping program but just didn't seem to find the time.

Dolphin 2
May 22nd, 2007, 12:51 PM
Since the subject of "suit technology" has come up again, here's my latest observation.

I’ve helped manage my Pacific Masters team for about 5 years and I’ve heard nothing but negative feed back about the feel of Fastskin and other brands of the so called technical suits.

The usual complaints are that they take away the feel of being in the water, interfer with arm and leg motion, cause binding and chafing, and they are a hassle to put on and take off. In fact, many of my team mates complain that they have to coat their elbows, shoulders, underarms, knees, etc. with Vaseline before putting the suit on to minimize the chafing in these areas. :shakeshead:

From the 1950’s up until around the 1990’s, the objective in swimwear was to minimize the role of the suit and maximize comfort while being in the water. Then the tech craze came along and the objective was to maximize the role of the suit and cover as much of the swimmer’s body with tight fitting, waterproof material as tolerable. For many of us, this philosophy is viewed as being completely antithetical to the idea of swimming. :shakeshead:

Accordingly, I wish we could go back to the good old days when we swam in comfortable briefs that you could just slip on, dive in, and from then on what your were wearing was irrelevant. :)

Cheers –

Dolphin 2

Jeff Commings
May 23rd, 2007, 12:06 PM
Accordingly, I wish we could go back to the good old days when we swam in comfortable briefs that you could just slip on, dive in, and from then on what your were wearing was irrelevant. :)

I never left those good old days.

ande
May 23rd, 2007, 02:59 PM
congratulations on your excellent swims at Nat's
you still got it
your comment reminds me of Prince's reply to Justin Timberlake's song
"I'm Bringing Sexy Back"

Prince Said: "Sexy Never Left"

Blackbeard's Peg
May 24th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Are there any other FS Pro users out there? I didn't really see many of these suits standing out at Nationals, so perhaps everyone is still using their trusty FSI's and FSII's.
I'm interested in hearing comments. I still feel like I got a raw deal.

imspoiled
May 24th, 2007, 10:40 AM

Jeff-
If I swam like you do, I wouldn't have left the good old days either. My husband saw you swim at nationals, and he says, "Dana, you gotta see this guy move, it's incredible!" I think he spent more time watching you than me.

Anyway, back to the thread... The FS Pro suit is VERY light, and it hardly gets wet. When I get out after the 50 breast, the suit felt dry and the water just beaded off it. The FSII is heavier when wet.

Dana

meldyck
May 24th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Are there any other FS Pro users out there? I didn't really see many of these suits standing out at Nationals, so perhaps everyone is still using their trusty FSI's and FSII's.
I'm interested in hearing comments. I still feel like I got a raw deal.

Both Liz Hobbs and Monica Bailey from AZ used the FS Pro at nationals and had outstanding swims. Both said they liked the suit and that it may well have been responsible for the (unexpected) good swims.

Jim Stites, coach of Ford Aquatics masters, also used the suit for his 500 and had his best swim of the meet. Up to that point, he wasn't having particularly good swims. He indicated that it was similar to both the Victor and Arena suits he had previously used and liked.

Comments to me from these three swimmers were good.

hrietz
May 24th, 2007, 02:02 PM
I love the new FS Pro. I love the fact that it feels lighter and not so constricting compared to the FS II. I also like the fact that it doesn't absorb as much water so I don't get as cold sitting around in it. I didn't really train hard this season but I just threw it on for a local meet and was not that far off my best time in the 50 free!!!

Allen Stark
May 26th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Again I just have the jammer but I really like it. Like the others I like it's light weight and that it dries quickly.

Karen Duggan
May 27th, 2007, 12:01 AM
I bought an FSII, tried it on, hated it, and returned it. If I didn't absolutely love it, for the $250 price tag, it was going back. Instead I bought two Nike lift suits, one knee and one regular. Total cost with shipping: $90. The Nike lift material is much lighter than the FSII, IMHO.

I too remember the days of the first paper suits, talk about light! I loved those suits. I remember actually feeling like my butt was floating high on the water. :applaud:

Blackbeard's Peg
May 27th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Karen,

Did you use the Nike lift suits before? Mollie was a big fan of them, as she's a Nike gal, and their suits give her the best fit in general. I hadn't really ever heard of them until she came around, but by that point, I'd already bought into (both mentally and wallet-ly) the FS2 hype.

Hopefully Mollie will weigh in on the FS2 vs Nike Lift; she bought an fs2 for use at Worlds last year.

Karen Duggan
May 27th, 2007, 08:03 PM
I wasn't in any kind of shape to even buy a new suit for Worlds! But I did try the Nike when Roque Santos brought it for us to try on. I did/do like the fit. This Nationals was the best shape I've been in in several years, so I thought I'd shell out some cha-ching... alas, cheaper was better in this case, for me.

When I think about it, it was probably a good thing I returned the FSII, as they had to cut off my brand new Nike liftsuit in the ER on Sunday after the 200 IM, and before the 100 breast (that I didn't get to swim!) I would have been none too happy to have a $250 suit cut to pieces! :mad:

The Fortress
July 5th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Kate Zeigler just issued a big time endorsement of the FS Pro after her record setting 1500. She credits it for her big time drop; says it made her legs feel lighter and that she will be wearing it in the future. I'd love to try one some day.

Just swam a meet in an old FS II I've had it for 2 years and it's very stretched out with very little water repellancy. It wouldn't dry out at all. I felt soggy, and was happy the pool deck was warm. Changed into an FS I ($60) later and had a good race. But I dislike the FS I! It's so heavy and I don't like the zipper. I'm holding out for a new Pro. Maybe as a birthday present.

Blackbeard's Peg
July 5th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Kate Zeigler just issued a big time endorsement of the FS Pro after her record setting 1500. She credits it for her big time drop; says it made her legs feel lighter and that she will be wearing it in the future. I'd love to try one some day.

Just swam a meet in an old FS II I've had it for 2 years and it's very stretched out with very little water repellancy. It wouldn't dry out at all. I felt soggy, and was happy the pool deck was warm. Changed into an FS I ($60) later and had a good race. But I dislike the FS I! It's so heavy and I don't like the zipper. I'm holding out for a new Pro. Maybe as a birthday present.
You know, one of SCYfreestyler's pics of the Santa Clara meet has a great shot of phelps and his neighbor, both wearling fs pro's, and both with a rather pronounced gleut gap. I wonder if they experienced the same water in the suit issue I had.

FlyQueen
July 6th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Hi Jeff/Black Beard's Peg/Muppet
As you know I have an FS Pro that I wore at state. Mine gapped/had a bubble just above my butt. I was told by a teammate that it was probably a size too big but I don't think I could have squeezed myself into a size smaller. I only had the kneeskin which I was only eh on. I like the full leg FSII better and swam with my 2 year old worn out one last weekend with good results.

The FS Pro was very light, not restrictive and the water repellancy (is that a word) was fantastic. I think it just has a different feel than the FSII. Not sure what I'll invest in next, I think I'll wait and see what they come up with for the Olympics first.

The Fortress
July 6th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Hi Jeff/Black Beard's Peg/Muppet
As you know I have an FS Pro that I wore at state. Mine gapped/had a bubble just above my butt. I was told by a teammate that it was probably a size too big but I don't think I could have squeezed myself into a size smaller. I only had the kneeskin which I was only eh on. I like the full leg FSII better and swam with my 2 year old worn out one last weekend with good results.

The FS Pro was very light, not restrictive and the water repellancy (is that a word) was fantastic. I think it just has a different feel than the FSII. Not sure what I'll invest in next, I think I'll wait and see what they come up with for the Olympics first.

I think your size was too big! I tried on a 27 (and I'm taller than you) at our local swim shop for kicks. They said it was too big for me. If it doesn't take you 20 minutes to put on, it's too big. I have to do something soon, though; I don't like my FSI.

FlyQueen
July 6th, 2007, 03:12 PM
It was not easy to put on at all, much unlike my FSII which now practically glides on. It was definitely tight, but I think I might have needed to go down a size (or *gasp* two) for the right fit. Who knows. Maybe I'll go try on a smaller size sometime and see.

ande
July 8th, 2007, 09:30 AM
hope i get to try one soon
i'll let you know if I do

ande

RuffWater
July 10th, 2007, 12:46 PM
I'm new to the tech suit market - still wearing nylon briefs. I'm looking to buy either the FSII or FSPro. I'll probably order both and see which feels best. Question though...... Are these tech suits the equivalent of a shave without the razor? Just wondering what to expect when I put one on?

Allen Stark
July 10th, 2007, 01:21 PM
If you are going to use the suit for open water I'd recommend the Arena suit. In studies that were reported at Last years Masters Worlds the Arena suit kept it's buoyancy for 1500M(the maximum length of the test)where as the other suits lasted about 200M.

RuffWater
July 10th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Oh great.... Now it's getting more complicated for me.

I'll look into the report. Thanks for the info.

smontanaro
July 10th, 2007, 02:07 PM
What makes these things so expensive? $52 for a FS brief? $110 for a FS jammer? There's so little material in the brief that I can't believe it would actually have any beneficial effect. It certainly doesn't cover up any hair on your legs or torso.

Skip Montanaro

Blackbeard's Peg
July 10th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Ruff,

Its all about the compression, baby! They'll keep your muscles all packed in tight for maximum effect. We've all got some flab on our legs, and these tech suits keep it under control.

I have clipped and shaved my legs even with the leg suits. I've found that some of the leg hairs will creep through the fibers of the suit when given the opportunity, so off they go!

NotVeryFast
July 11th, 2007, 08:14 AM
I bought an FS Pro legskin recently and have been happy with it, wore it for my 200m free last weekend where I did a PB. The material seems almost identical to the Diana Submarine suits, but I don't like the rubber strip around the ankles in the Diana suits, so I prefer the FS Pro for that reason alone. I prefer the "paper" suits like the Diana and the FS Pro rather than the thicker FS I/II, because they don't get as heavy for longer races.

The Fortress
July 31st, 2007, 12:52 PM
I was shocked to actually see an article about swimming in the Washington Post today -- all about the FS Pro.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/30/AR2007073001610.html?sub=AR

scyfreestyler
July 31st, 2007, 01:07 PM
Who wrote that artice? Speedo's PR team?

Blackbeard's Peg
July 31st, 2007, 01:17 PM
I still think that is a bunch of hewey. I got hosed on sizing, as no one had yet known you're supposed to buy small.

The Fortress
July 31st, 2007, 01:19 PM
Who wrote that artice? Speedo's PR team?

It says it was written by Eli Saslow, Washington Post Staff Writer. The "superhero costume" comment was pretty funny. Maybe we need a superhero smilie.

Muppet:

They don't tell you on line to buy small, but they do at the swim shops. I don't know if I have the patience to spend 20 minutes putting on a super small suit ... 20 minutes?!

scyfreestyler
July 31st, 2007, 01:22 PM
It says it was written by Eli Saslow, Washington Post Staff Writer. The "superhero costume" comment was pretty funny. Maybe we need a superhero smilie.
Yeah...I was being funny. Or not.

I have been kicking around the idea of replacing my aquablade with a FSII but now with the hoopla surrounding the FS PRO I am not so sure anymore.

FlyQueen
July 31st, 2007, 01:24 PM
I'll tell ya' the article makes me want the full leg suit AND the comments make me think mine was just too big, though I honestly can't imagine putting anything smaller on ... crikey ...

The Fortress
July 31st, 2007, 01:26 PM
Yeah...I was being funny. Or not.

I have been kicking around the idea of replacing my aquablade with a FSII but now with the hoopla surrounding the FS PRO I am not so sure anymore.

I was really overdue for a replacement suit. Got a Pro from Mommy Fort for my birthday. But it was actually cheaper than the FS II -- got it on sale on line at Keifer. Have no idea if I'll like it. Going to try it out at zones. I got a recordbreaker back, not a highneck. They feel more comfortable to me than the zipped up high necks. And the zipped up high neck body suits are very spendy. Well, they're all very spendy, obviously.

A 27 is too big for you FlyQueen. It was too big for me and you're two inches shorter! Go for the bodyskin! Personally, I do not think the kneeskins do anything for the female figure except make your thighs look huge.

imspoiled
July 31st, 2007, 02:49 PM
I picked up my super-small high-neck legskin this past weekend. Yeah, it looks like a super hero costume. Maybe I'll get a long satin cape to wear in the ready area...

The high neck feels much more secure in the upper body than the recordbreaker. Maybe the reason we masters swimmers aren't getting the right fit is we weren't part of the "elite swimmers" used for designing the suit. What do you say we all write to Speedo and suggest that they design suits using masters models?

The Fortress
July 31st, 2007, 03:28 PM
The high neck feels much more secure in the upper body than the recordbreaker. Maybe the reason we masters swimmers aren't getting the right fit is we weren't part of the "elite swimmers" used for designing the suit. What do you say we all write to Speedo and suggest that they design suits using masters models?

Since I don't have much to "secure" up there, I'm good. :lmao: But it does appear that more suit and less skin is ideal. I agree that Speedo did not take into account the fact that most female masters swimmers have hips!

Dana:

Do you or your daughter like the Pro for BS? My kid says her kneeskin bubbles on BS even though it's a 24. She likes it for everything but BS.

imspoiled
July 31st, 2007, 03:57 PM
Since I don't have much to "secure" up there, I'm good. :lmao: But it does appear that more suit and less skin is ideal. I agree that Speedo did not take into account the fact that most female masters swimmers have hips!

Dana:

Do you or your daughter like the Pro for BS? My kid says her kneeskin bubbles on BS even though it's a 24. She likes it for everything but BS.

Fort,
Daughter does not have a FS. Really Fort, ImSpoiled, but mini-me does not have a job, so she swims in the Aquablade ($25) found on e-bay (cutest little suit I ever saw. Leftover GBR racing suit--Speedo makes the coolest prints in high-end suits for other countries!).

I swim very little BR, so my opinion sould not be used a gospel. I've used both my FSII & PRO knee-skins for breast (50/100), and they have not been a problem. I've heard that the long-leg skin is not good for breast because you loose the feel of the water on the kick.

The Fortress
July 31st, 2007, 04:06 PM
Fort,
Daughter does not have a FS. Really Fort, ImSpoiled, but mini-me does not have a job, so she swims in the Aquablade ($25) found on e-bay (cutest little suit I ever saw. Leftover GBR racing suit--Speedo makes the coolest prints in high-end suits for other countries!).

I swim very little BR, so my opinion sould not be used a gospel. I've used both my FSII & PRO knee-skins for breast (50/100), and they have not been a problem. I've heard that the long-leg skin is not good for breast because you loose the feel of the water on the kick.

I've heard the FSII is no good for BS b/c there's too much compression, but I'm hearing that the FS Pro doesn't have the same issues. I guess we'll see. Not a presssing issue for me, obviously!

As for mini's FS, I live in FS country. I just attended the age-group JOs. I can honestly say that I didn't see any 14 & unders without fastskins, at least at finals. Didn't see any adorned in full body suits yet, though plenty of kneeskins. The recordbreaker FS II is ubiquitous. The new custom colors seem really popular.

knelson
July 31st, 2007, 04:15 PM
Maybe the reason we masters swimmers aren't getting the right fit is we weren't part of the "elite swimmers" used for designing the suit. What do you say we all write to Speedo and suggest that they design suits using masters models?

Hey, speak for yourself. I consider myself to be the spittin' image of Michael Phelps.

OK, maybe not... :)

How far are you supposed to downsize, anyway? If I wear a 34 workout suit what size FS Pro would fit?

imspoiled
July 31st, 2007, 04:24 PM
Hey, speak for yourself. I consider myself to be the spittin' image of Michael Phelps.

OK, maybe not... :)

How far are you supposed to downsize, anyway? If I wear a 34 workout suit what size FS Pro would fit?

Kirk-
For the men's suits I couldn't say. The trend with these suits seems to be air bubbles forming in inapproprite places while in the water. For women, this tends to be the body of the suit--air gets in at the neck and makes for a "less streamlined" feeling:bouncing:. For the men, I believe a similar problem exists, so my advice would be to start at lest one size smaller than usual. If that fits well (dry), try one size smaller still.

knelson
July 31st, 2007, 04:27 PM
If that fits well (dry), try one size smaller still.

And continue until the pitch of my voice goes an octave higher? :bolt:

The Fortress
July 31st, 2007, 04:31 PM
Kirk-
For the men's suits I couldn't say. The trend with these suits seems to be air bubbles forming in inapproprite places while in the water. For women, this tends to be the body of the suit--air gets in at the neck and makes for a "less streamlined" feeling:bouncing:. For the men, I believe a similar problem exists, so my advice would be to start at lest one size smaller than usual. If that fits well (dry), try one size smaller still.

Kirk:

Definitely try one on if you can! Do you have an FS II? Usually the Pro is at least one size down from that. (Mine is 2 sizes down.) Hard to compare workout suits with speed suits.

Dana:

I really hope I don't get that bubble/neckline problem! I guess a high neck would help prevent that? Definitely do not recall that problem with the FS II.

Oh, I have also been told that there is a Speedo "study" purportedly showing that the FS Pro lasts much longer than the FS II. Apparently, Speedo tracked Coughlin's use of a Pro over 3-4 months at approximately 12 meets and found no stretching at all. I can't recall if they tested the material for water repellancy or not. But Speedo is apparently going to claim that the Pros last longer.

knelson
July 31st, 2007, 04:34 PM
Do you have an FS II?

No, I have a FS legskin. It's about due for a replacement, though.

But Speedo is apparently going to claim that the Pros last longer.

That would be great.

The Fortress
July 31st, 2007, 04:39 PM
No, I have a FS legskin. It's about due for a replacement, though.

I have a FS I bodysuit that I got for $60 on line. My Pro is 2 sizes down from that as well. I don't like my FS I though. It feels super heavy and I hate the zipper. I did an experiment where I put the FS I in one hand and the FS Pro in another. The Pro literally felt half the weight. But I don't know .... the FS I worked pretty well. I'll be curious to see if there's any real difference for sprinters. The lightness may be more beneficial for longer races.

Blackbeard's Peg
August 1st, 2007, 12:16 PM
Kirk,
I had a 30 fs2, could barely get the 30 pro on, so ordered the 32. 32 bubbled in the rear end, so i went and bought another 30 fs2. I'd've probably been ok with the 30 pro, except I wouldn't be able to enter a school zone with the amount of crack. :mooning::mooning:
I usually wear a 32 speedo under the drag suit in practice; and wear size 34 or 35 pants (depending on the day of the week) to give you a frame of reference.

(not like i need you to get any faster than me or anything, so stick with your fs1!!!:angel: )

scyfreestyler
August 1st, 2007, 12:30 PM
Question...would my FSII Jammer size be the same as my Speedo Endurance Jammer size?

The Fortress
August 1st, 2007, 08:13 PM
Anyone notice that virtually every female swimmer had on a Pro with a recordbreaker back at Nationals? I didn't see any highnecks, even for backstroke. I wonder why. Mostly kneeskin recordbreakers on the 400 IM too.

The Fortress
August 8th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Anyone had any problems with rips?

I just got a call from my daughter in NY and her FS Pro ripped and is unusable. She's only worn it a grand total of 4 days. That seems wrong.

scyfreestyler
August 8th, 2007, 02:03 PM
It was my understanding that these suits were a bit more durable than the FSII, that is why I am considering the PRO. This could just be a case of kids being hard on things.

aquageek
August 8th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Anyone had any problems with rips?

I just got a call from my daughter in NY and her FS Pro ripped and is unusable. She's only worn it a grand total of 4 days. That seems wrong.

My kids lose $10 goggles on a daily basis, shoes, socks, backpacks. What in the name of Moses were you thinking buying a kid a $200 + swim suit? What did you expect would happen? Caveat emptor, or however you spell it.

The Fortress
August 8th, 2007, 02:13 PM
My kids lose $10 goggles on a daily basis, shoes, socks, backpacks. What in the name of Moses were you thinking buying a kid a $200 + swim suit? What did you expect would happen? Caveat emptor, or however you spell it.

I didn't buy it, Geek. Birthday gift from Grandma.

In any event, she has an FSII recordbreaker to wear for the rest of the meet. I would note that every single kid on this zones trip has a fastskin, and most of them have FS Pros. So you'd have to ask what in the name of Moses the 158 parents were thinking. I'm betting my own suit that your daughters will have fastskins when they're my daughter's age too.

Mini-Fort is pretty type A and almost never loses things. In fact, I can't remember the last swim item she has lost. I'm going to ask Keifer to give me a new suit.

SwimStud
August 8th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Mini-Fort is pretty type A and almost never loses things. In fact, I can't remember the last swim item she has lost.

I think we need to have her spend time with Studette... :doh:

aquageek
August 8th, 2007, 02:15 PM
I didn't buy it, Geek. Birthday gift from Grandma.

Now that I understand!

The Fortress
August 8th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Now that I understand!

Exactly. She contended she had the right to spoil, and I didn't bother to argue.

No type B personalities in my family, SS. Although Fortson is a bit dreamy and can misplace stuff.

ALM
August 9th, 2007, 12:00 PM

I no longer buy caps or water bottles. Instead, I pick up the ones that the age-group kids (who swim right before we do) leave on the pool deck. I thought it would be stealing until I watched the guards "cleaning up" one day by throwing it all into the trash. That's when I decided that I might as well help keep the stuff out of the landfills.

I'd do it with goggles, too, but they never seem to leave any Tyr Racetechs on the deck... :mad:

ALM
August 9th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Hey, Geek, what's up with this avatar?

I'm only half-Greek but even I know this isn't the Greek flag...

Slowswim
August 9th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Hey, Geek, what's up with this avatar?

I'm only half-Greek but even I know this isn't the Greek flag...

I'm just glad he changed it. The other one creeped me out. It was very "Deliverance" style.
:lmao:
</IMG>

Shaman
August 9th, 2007, 03:18 PM
I'd do it with goggles, too, but they never seem to leave any Tyr Racetechs on the deck... :mad:

I picked up a nice red pair couple weeks back. The strap's on them are pathetic though.

ALM
August 9th, 2007, 09:41 PM
I picked up a nice red pair couple weeks back. The strap's on them are pathetic though.

You can buy replacement straps:
http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/1171.htm

Anna Lea

The Fortress
August 16th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Caveat emptor, or however you spell it.

Keifer has graciously agreed to replace Mini-Fort's ripped Pro suit. :bouncing: