PDA

View Full Version : Modern Day Rorschach: What's Your Ringtone?

ensignada
May 19th, 2007, 10:17 AM
I shopped a ringtone for my mother's cellphone today and stopped to think about what our choice of ringtone says about us.

I'll go first: Mine is George Thorogood, "Bad to the Bone".
I wanted something distinctive, loud and a little surprising.

So, what's your ringtone?

3strokes
May 19th, 2007, 10:34 AM
I shopped a ringtone for my mother's cellphone today and stopped to think about what our choice of ringtone says about us.

I'll go first: Mine is George Thorogood, "Bad to the Bone".
I wanted something distinctive, loud and a little surprising.

So, what's your ringtone?

If it's the office, it's an emergency Siren (ambulance or police or fire).
Anyone else it's a tune called "El Choclo" (nothing to do with Chocolate or love of.)

Seagurl51
May 19th, 2007, 11:29 AM
OH I love ringtones! I've spent way to much money on ringtones. My fav's though are the Olympic Fanfare, James Bond theme, and The Way You Move by Outkast (which is what I have right now).

SwimStud
May 19th, 2007, 02:17 PM
"Who Are You?" The Who

newmastersswimmer
May 19th, 2007, 02:24 PM
My wife picked my ringtone and set it for me on my cell phone (right after I first got it) just to freak me out when my phone rang for the first time.....it was a song from a South Park episode.....(I'm kind of juevenile minded in case you forgot LOL!).....it was from the episode when Timmy became a lead singer for a goth band......All Timmy does is sing the word "Timmy" over and over behind the Goth music.....and at the end you hear this guy in the crowd say "that handicapped dude rules!".....Anyway, that's the song she put on my ringtone.....it sounds a bit politically incorrect I know....and I have a handicapped child....but I thought the episode was hilarious anyway and I really liked that song....so I never changed it.....its a pretty rockin sounding song too.

Bork

fanstone
May 19th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Was Wiliam Tell Overture (AKA The Lone Ranger Theme). Now as I have the choice to put a tune from my computer it is the tango from the movie "Scent of a Woman". Sometimes I am distracted at home and don't realize the darn cell phone is ringing, cause it seems it ain't, just playing that beautiful tune.

3strokes
May 19th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Was Wiliam Tell Overture (AKA The Lone Ranger Theme).

I used to have that on my previous "lost" phone.

To the dump, to the dump, to the dump, dump, dump
To the dump, to the dump, to the dump, dump, dump

I only use what's available on my replacement one.
Why should I be paying them good -or even bad) money
just to have a nice tune, that I like, but which I will interrupt
anyway to answer the "darn" calls?

I would also use Carmen, if it's available.

fanstone
May 19th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Ahmed, my previous cell phone had the installed tunes to choose from and I stayed with William Tell for many years, I think it was a Nokia thing. Now I have a Motorola thing, a palm phone, where you can copy tunes from the computer. BUT I must keep the same tune because I have to identify immediately my phone in the midst of the zillions playing all those crappy tunes around me. Also, I cannot have a regular sounding ringer because it causes too much stress on me from my past on being on call, night duty and such. I hate phones and one day will have no phones nor cell phones nor nothing.

Seagurl51
May 19th, 2007, 09:41 PM
My wife picked my ringtone and set it for me on my cell phone (right after I first got it) just to freak me out when my phone rang for the first time.....it was a song from a South Park episode.....(I'm kind of juevenile minded in case you forgot LOL!).....it was from the episode when Timmy became a lead singer for a goth band......All Timmy does is sing the word "Timmy" over and over behind the Goth music.....and at the end you hear this guy in the crowd say "that handicapped dude rules!".....Anyway, that's the song she put on my ringtone.....it sounds a bit politically incorrect I know....and I have a handicapped child....but I thought the episode was hilarious anyway and I really liked that song....so I never changed it.....its a pretty rockin sounding song too.

Bork

Hahahaha...that episode is comedy! Funny song too....

poolraat
May 22nd, 2007, 08:16 PM
I keep my phone on vibrate most of the time. When I do change to ring it is just the standard ring like old (think black rotary) phones.
My favorite is a friend's whose son programmed it to yell, "Hey, answer the phone".

SwimStud
May 22nd, 2007, 09:09 PM
I keep my phone on vibrate most of the time...
...of course you do...

Slowswim
May 23rd, 2007, 01:14 PM
Fanfare to the Common Man - Aaron Copeland

Seagurl51
May 23rd, 2007, 01:53 PM
I just got a new one. It's the song on the Bacaradi Mojito commercials.

FlyQueen
May 23rd, 2007, 02:02 PM
The Ohio State fight song

JoeSwimmer
May 23rd, 2007, 08:34 PM
CTU ringtone from '24'. For all my hey-look-at-me-I'm-Jack-Bauer needs.

Got Boost
May 23rd, 2007, 08:52 PM
Right now I have "Ain't My Bitch" by Metallica
Sorry if the title offends but like the songs says.....

MichiganHusker
May 29th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Right now mine is the theme song from "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

During football season it is either the Nebraska "fight" song - "There is no Place like Nebraska" or Alan Parsons "Sirius" (you would have to attend a Nebr football game to understand).

I love ring tones!!!

ensignada
May 30th, 2007, 12:14 AM
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly would be a great ringtone!

Bill Volckening
May 30th, 2007, 11:12 AM
To the dump, to the dump, to the dump, dump, dump...

Mine is "to the left, to the left..."

newmastersswimmer
May 30th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Hahahaha...that episode is comedy! Funny song too....

Another South Park lover I see! LOL!

MegSmath
May 31st, 2007, 10:19 AM
The Vanderbilt fight song, the full marching band version. When I hear it, I KNOW it's my phone and not anyone else's on the University of Kentucky campus!

It seemed like a good idea until it rang at 5:00 a.m. in the hotel room at Nationals. It was a wrong number from the Eastern time zone, and the moron had no idea she was waking us up so early. My roommates and I were considering returning the call at 10:00 p.m. PDT!

hrietz
May 31st, 2007, 12:03 PM
The Vanderbilt fight song, the full marching band version. When I hear it, I KNOW it's my phone and not anyone else's on the University of Kentucky campus!

It seemed like a good idea until it rang at 5:00 a.m. in the hotel room at Nationals. It was a wrong number from the Eastern time zone, and the moron had no idea she was waking us up so early. My roommates and I were considering returning the call at 10:00 p.m. PDT!

Love that Meg!!! Speaking of our alma mater, they are the number one seed in the country for the NCAA baseball tournament after having been ranked number one for most of the year. GO VANDY!!!

MegSmath
June 1st, 2007, 09:35 AM
Love that Meg!!! Speaking of our alma mater, they are the number one seed in the country for the NCAA baseball tournament after having been ranked number one for most of the year. GO VANDY!!!

I know! I am SO hoping they win the tournament so that people will forget our first NCAA team championship was in BOWLING!

MichiganHusker
June 1st, 2007, 02:20 PM
Sorry Meg, but this is the Huskers year.

:duel:

All kidding aside - good luck to your team - Omaha here we come! :applaud:

Karen Duggan
June 1st, 2007, 02:41 PM
Not baseball related, sorry :)

SwimStud- My cell phone ring tone is Fanfare to the Common Man. We scare me!!!!

:lmao:

SwimStud
June 1st, 2007, 02:46 PM
Not baseball related, sorry :)

SwimStud- My cell phone ring tone is Fanfare to the Common Man. We scare me!!!!

:lmao:

Are you referring to my HAL avatar of last week ?

Slowswim
June 1st, 2007, 05:17 PM
Are you referring to my HAL avatar of last week ?

SS: I think she meant me (Ss). Its a great song and its Copeland's "American Sound" as he called it.:wine:
</IMG>

Rob Copeland
June 1st, 2007, 05:49 PM
SS: I think she meant me (Ss). Its a great song and its Copeland's "American Sound" as he called it.:wine:
</IMG>I think that’s Copland, not Copeland.

“Copeland’s American Sound” is the sound of a watermelon being dropped into a swimming pool from a great height.

“Copland’s American Sound” is magnificent symphony.

CreamPuff
June 1st, 2007, 06:21 PM
The sound of silence - no cell. Those darned birds in our woods can get pretty noisy though. :D

JimRude
June 5th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Varies between:

- South Park "Timmy Freestyles"
- Ramones "Today Your Love, Tomorrow the World"
- Peter de Koning "Altijd Lente in de Ogen van de Tandarts Assistente" (loosely translated: "It's always springtime in the eyes of the dental hygienist")

thewookiee
June 5th, 2008, 01:12 PM
My ringtone is "Ladies and Gentleman" by Saliva

My ringback tone is "She's a hottie" by toby keith

aquageek
June 5th, 2008, 01:31 PM
People raised large families before SUVs existed and they made and kept appointments before cell phones existed.

The Unabomber has spoken.

JimRude
June 5th, 2008, 01:57 PM
The Unabomber has spoken.

:rofl: