PDA

View Full Version : Being nice instead of roasting ...

FlyQueen
May 23rd, 2007, 03:01 PM
I thought we should start a nice thread. You have to say something nice about the person who posted before you. I don't have anyone to post about yet ...

thewookiee
May 23rd, 2007, 03:05 PM
Flyqueen has a great sense of humor and is really nice to talk to in posts and pms. And a pretty dang good flyer from what I have heard.

The Fortress
May 23rd, 2007, 03:13 PM
John is a very fast long axis swimmer who is always trying to teach people better technique. He is kind to swimmers and trithletes alike. Plus, he has a sense of humor, cracking shoulder jokes and the like. I also appreciate his anti-breaststroke stance.

SwimStud
May 23rd, 2007, 03:31 PM
Leslie is a petite blonde firecracker with a good sense of humour, and a caring nature.

Seagurl51
May 23rd, 2007, 03:35 PM
His forum name says it all. He's just that good. He's our own personal British bombshell.

FlyQueen
May 23rd, 2007, 04:18 PM
She is important, people know her, she is a big deal! She has many leather bound books and her house smells of mahogeny?

Kyra is very sweet, likes making other people happy, and is very considerate of other people and their feelings. She is fabulous!

Peter Cruise
May 23rd, 2007, 04:52 PM
Heather is actually a real sweetie.

ensignada
May 23rd, 2007, 05:05 PM
And Peter is one of the wittiest personalities here (and a darn good dancer too) ;)

Seagurl51
May 23rd, 2007, 05:13 PM
Barb is pretty uber-fabulous!!! She's witty and can keep up with the best of them. Not to mention that she can play the heck out of a bass and looks superfly doin' it!

thewookiee
May 23rd, 2007, 05:48 PM
Not having seen any of them and just spoken to of them, from what I have heard of Seagurl, Fort and Fly, they are all truly beautiful women...on the inside and out.

The Fortress
May 23rd, 2007, 05:51 PM
Wookiee's Star Wars obsession makes him instantly appealing.

(John: You could see us all if you joined FB. LOL.)

Peter Cruise
May 23rd, 2007, 06:04 PM
Leslie is of course a terrific person and swimmer, even though she changes avatars and signatures a little often...

newmastersswimmer
May 23rd, 2007, 06:07 PM
Peter is an almost o.k. guy when you get past the Canadian thing, the sesquipedalian purple prose, and his rich history of artistic creative expression! LOL! (only kidding of course....Peter the Great is one of the nicest most interesting personalities I have ever met in cyberspace or anywhere else for the matter!)

Bork

BTW Who wants to guess on the odds that FlyQueen will NOT be the next one posting on this thread? ....something like a google to 1 perhaps? LOL!

tjburk
May 23rd, 2007, 07:11 PM
Jim is the kind of guy I could sit around a smoke filled room with, while listening to Houses of the Holy and really get totally.......

SwimStud
May 23rd, 2007, 07:58 PM
TJ is a nice guy. Likes his Beagles...anyone that like Beagles can't be a bad person...

Peter Cruise
May 23rd, 2007, 08:04 PM
Rich is a nice guy. Likes his Beatles...anyone that likes Beatles can't be a bad person...

ensignada
May 23rd, 2007, 08:06 PM
Swimstud is a wonderful cheerleader (and wickedly, wickedly funny).

Since Peter posted a nanosecond sooner with a great post, I must again nod to his wit and turns of phrase.

islandsox
May 23rd, 2007, 08:09 PM
And Peter is a fella I'd like to meet, he says things of importance in usually 10 words of less, and those words maybe 20 characters long, but he seems so conscientious and has a lot to contribute to the forum threads. A Must Meet for me.

swim4me
May 23rd, 2007, 08:13 PM
Islandsox is my hero. Living in Honduras and training for an 18 mile swim :applaud: . She is wonderful with advice and praise and starts really fun threads!!:wine:

SwimStud
May 23rd, 2007, 08:15 PM
Donna is an Olympian. She's also damn supportive and encouraging to new and reaquainting swimmers.
I <3 Donna much.

(That's a heart on it's side ) ;)

newmastersswimmer
May 23rd, 2007, 08:18 PM
Rich is.....a great tiler? ....only joking now! Rich is a great guy with a great sense of humor. Rich has also done really well in swimming for a relative newbie....I think he is going to be blazing fast in the Breaststroke in the not so distant future!

Bork

ensignada
May 23rd, 2007, 08:25 PM
Jim is a far nicer and normal person than he lets on.

Oh! I was supposed to say something nice? :doh:

FlyQueen
May 23rd, 2007, 08:30 PM
Barb is a fantastic mom, has great earrings, makes me laugh, and didn't go nuts during tax season!!

The Fortress
May 23rd, 2007, 08:39 PM
Swim4Me is a classy FAF, full of enthusiasm for her sport, even if she's doing that evilstroke.

Stud & Barb are both wickedly wickedly funny. I'm sure Barb looks great in a sauna too.

FlyQueen is my baby sista. I lurve her. She is amazing.

swim4me
May 23rd, 2007, 08:47 PM
Fortress is a smart, witty, fast, athletic, and motherly FAF. She has praise and advice for everyone. She is good with her kiddos, even RHO. She has a rotton loosy goosy shoulder that prevents her from practicing her beloved fly and back as much as she would like.

aquaFeisty
May 23rd, 2007, 11:14 PM
Kathy is a breaststroker (thus by definition she is cool) and is headed to LCM Nats this summer! woohoo!

swim4me
May 23rd, 2007, 11:30 PM
Carrie is a fabulous breaststroker and wonderful freestyler and a great mom to a toddler. I can't wait to eet her in Austin next year :fish2:

SwimStud
May 23rd, 2007, 11:39 PM
Kathy is from Texas...she has cowboy boots and a bullwhip...she's not afraid to use it.
Don't mess with Texas!

aquaFeisty
May 23rd, 2007, 11:43 PM
Swimstud has some of the fastest (and funniest) comebacks on the forums!!!

There is one, and only one, Swimstud! :D

The Fortress
May 23rd, 2007, 11:52 PM
And there is one and only one Feisty, who breastfed her daughter at her own meet. How cool is that?

newmastersswimmer
May 24th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Kathy is from Texas...she has cowboy boots and a bullwhip...she's not afraid to use it.
Don't mess with Texas!

You got that straight Rich!! Fortress is a great friend! She likes to listen and give good advise.....She is a blazing fast sprinter and a great Mom!

FindingMyInnerFish
May 24th, 2007, 12:13 AM
I agree with SwimStud's comments on Donna and also he's a very witty, fun guy, even if he likes to breastsroke... actually I kinda like the stroke too but I swim it so slow it takes me years to cover any distance and I'm impressed when people can do it fast.

:drink: :fish2:

InnerFish drinking to you--edited to add ... and drinking to all others who posted in between my post and Rich's post. Jim/Bork, Leslie/Fortress, AquaFeisty... who are all incredibly cool people with rhythm and speed! And also great contributors to collective stories

SwimStud
May 24th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Jim is there with a "lol, ok, lol" or a witty coment for all. He sometimes hands out some good swim tips too...hes also got "bullwhip radar." Rumour has it he woke from a deep nap as I typed "bullwhip"
:banana:

some_girl
May 24th, 2007, 01:54 AM
SwimStud is the awesomest breastroker I have known.

SwimStud
May 24th, 2007, 10:21 AM
SG is such a radiant presence around the pool deck...she inspires you to attempt Fly to get her attention...

FlyQueen
May 24th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Rich is adorable! He genuinely cares about other people and always tries to make everyone laugh and smile. Beneath the DOM exterior is a very sweet guy even if he swims breaststroke (someone has to afterall).

Blackbeard's Peg
May 24th, 2007, 11:45 AM
FlyQueen is a super nice gal who will go out of her way to make sure her friends (even brand new ones) make it to swim practice!

SwimStud
May 24th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Jeff makes his new swim-buddy's day by cheering for them as they step up for their maiden 100FR in competition...that was a nice moment for me to hear that...
:woot:

The Fortress
May 24th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Rich has a loud mother who is rightly proud of her swimmer boy. Rich is far more sensitive and caring then most people would guess from his witty posting.

some_girl
May 24th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Fort is the kind of mom any kid would be lucky to have, and she is fast and adventurous to boot. We look forward to seeing her in more 100 frees.

Slowswim
May 24th, 2007, 01:49 PM
All y'all have been a great help to me in getting started swimming.

Thanks all, around!!:notworthy:
</IMG>

SwimStud
May 24th, 2007, 01:59 PM
All y'all have been a great help to me in getting started swimming.

Thanks all, around!!:notworthy:
</IMG>

Bill swims slow but he can run with a full field pack on. He's our buddy, and better yet, he'll be the dude we send running down to the liquor store to carry several case back--double time!

newmastersswimmer
May 24th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Bill swims slow but he can run with a full field pack on. He's our buddy, and better yet, he'll be the dude we send running down to the liquor store to carry several case back--double time!

Well Heather is a really hot ex gymnast butterflyer....Wait a second....sorry I got confused for a second....

Bill is a great guy who will get much faster at swimming IMO as he continues to swim ....as long as he puts in the same dedication to swimming as he does to running and tri's.....And Rich is a cool guy too....As I already pointed out earlier....He's kinda funny sometimes too.....but only sometimes....on extremely rare occassions actually...Right! LOL!

Bork

islandsox
May 24th, 2007, 02:07 PM
And SwimStud is one of my favorites on the forum; always funny and witty and when things get a little testy, he always tries to smoothe things over and I love him because he has defended my honor.

It would be hard to have a Top Ten Forum Friends, wouldn't it?

donna

newmastersswimmer
May 24th, 2007, 02:12 PM
And SwimStud is one of my favorites on the forum; always funny and witty and when things get a little testy, he always tries to smoothe things over and I love him because he has defended my honor.

It would be hard to have a Top Ten Forum Friends, wouldn't it?

donna

Ah Donna ....I think the rules are that you have to say something nice about the previous poster too....Yaeh....maybe not the best time to chime in on this thread then eh? LOL! (only j/k of course....or am I? LOL!)

BTW....I forgot to mention that Donna is one tough Texas born Babe!! To be able to swim all those miles in the ocean with the jellyfish, sea lice...and other forms of sea life you would have to be one tough cookie!!

ensignada
May 24th, 2007, 05:34 PM
I've always admired Donna, even before I knew what an elite swimmer she is. No matter how basic my questions have been, she has answered and helped me out. I admire her generousity of spirit, her swimming prowess, her terrific sense of humor and her integrity.

newmastersswimmer
May 24th, 2007, 05:43 PM
I've always admired Donna, even before I knew what an elite swimmer she is. No matter how basic my questions have been, she has answered and helped me out. I admire her generousity of spirit, her swimming prowess, her terrific sense of humor and her integrity.

Hey wait a second....Is it my imagination, or is none of the posters posting after me saying anything nice about me anymore?? :confused: :confused: :cry: :cry:

Bork

BTW I forgot to mention that Barb is a supersmart lady and super terrific friend and Mom!...I almost violated the same rule I was crying about LOL!!

The Fortress
May 24th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Jimbo can be a tad oversensitive at times, but we love him. And his roasts. I feel certain that he will vanquish his not so secret nemesis in th 2-fly soon. :cheerleader:

I really admire Barb for having her daughter write penance letters. I wish I had thought of that.

newmastersswimmer
May 24th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Jimbo can be a tad oversensitive at times, but we love him. And his roasts. I feel certain that he will vanquish his not so secret nemesis in th 2-fly soon. :cheerleader:

I really admire Barb for having her daughter write penance letters. I wish I had thought of that.

Fort is just totally awesome in everyway of course.....and also a very witty and funny poster and roaster!! I also wanted to point out that I edited my last two postings as I forgot the same rules I was complaining about LOL!!

Bork

islandsox
May 24th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Hey, Bork, your post wasn't there when I tried to post (Honduran internet--would love to dump it), so since your post got squeezed in inbetween, what the Heck, this is for you:

Jim is a truly nice fella, at least to me, he kept my secret of my being Moonbeam when I had a brain freeze and posted as Moonbeam but signed it Islandsox or some weird thing. And, he always says nice things about all of my pets which I have quite a few. I enjoy Jim. Another must meet.

islandsox
May 24th, 2007, 06:53 PM
I thought I'd be the first to do this; post twice so I can write about myself. I think a lot of Donna, she's a real trouper.

BongBoy
May 24th, 2007, 06:55 PM
I thought I'd be the first to do this; post twice so I can write about myself. I think a lot of Donna, she's a real trouper.

I soooo totally agree with you Donna!! LOL! She's the bomb!!....and Ditto on the Must meet....maybe down at your place for say....a couple of months or so maybe LOL!

FindingMyInnerFish
May 25th, 2007, 11:51 AM
I soooo totally agree with you Donna!! LOL! She's the bomb!!....and Ditto on the Must meet....maybe down at your place for say....a couple of months or so maybe LOL!

And Bong Boy is a master of alliteration (Bork, Bong, boy, bomb....) and creative in usernames, story telling, and making music... also has the courage to swim butterfly for 200 meters, whereas on good days, I can manage that stroke for 25 yards. Well done! :cheerleader:

islandsox
May 27th, 2007, 07:54 PM
and Finding My Innerfish has been so supportive of me and a real main-stay on the horror thread. She is so much fun, is a terrific writer, and has a humor I just love. And I want to thank her for the recent links she posted in my Alz thread. I'll try to get to them tomorrow!!! What a Gal!!!:cheerleader:

FindingMyInnerFish
May 27th, 2007, 10:08 PM
and Finding My Innerfish has been so supportive of me and a real main-stay on the horror thread. She is so much fun, is a terrific writer, and has a humor I just love. And I want to thank her for the recent links she posted in my Alz thread. I'll try to get to them tomorrow!!! What a Gal!!!:cheerleader:

Why thank you! That's so sweet! :blush:

Donna's a strong and accomplished swimmer--and a caring, lovely person who is willing to mentor masters' newbies like me and offer the cheering support that we need to become stronger! And is also a fun masters' horror flick story teller... love your segments! :drink: Blessings to you! And if they had a Monkey LaLa smiley, I'd post that also!

Peter Cruise
May 28th, 2007, 04:27 AM
And FindingMyInnerFish has a nicely-rounded sense of humour and constructs a good sentence besides...exemplary!