PDA

View Full Version : a little good news

Peter Cruise
May 23rd, 2007, 08:37 PM
I received an official job offer today for an assistant manager of a government liquor store in Victoria; I've accepted and am thrilled. It will mean living there most of the time and quick visits home, but it means a foot in the door and is so much better than what I've been doing. Some of you have asked, so I thought I'd share.

The Fortress
May 23rd, 2007, 08:38 PM
That's all very nice, but when are you starting the wine thread?

(Congrats. :kiss1: )

A.K.
May 23rd, 2007, 08:41 PM
Congrats!
I guess you'll be supplying at the National meet Socials!
:bouncing: :wine: :drink: :wine: :drink: :wine: :drink: :bouncing:

swim4me
May 23rd, 2007, 08:41 PM
Wonderful Peter!!!:wine: . Glad you can ditch the :notworking: sign and start working again!!!:applaud:

tjburk
May 23rd, 2007, 08:52 PM
Congratulations Peter!!!!!!

I need a case of Montepulciano D'Abruzzo:wine: :wine: :wine: :lmao:

newmastersswimmer
May 23rd, 2007, 09:04 PM
Congrats Peter!! I'm very happy to hear the good news! Cheers :wine: :wine:

jaegermeister
May 23rd, 2007, 09:24 PM
This is cool. I want to go to Victoria. What's the microbrew scene like there? While at Seattle, I had many a fine local Micro. Didn't get a good sample of northwest wines, so you could help with this as well if you're up to it.

ensignada
May 23rd, 2007, 09:49 PM
That's wonderful news, Peter! :wine:

When do you start?

aquaFeisty
May 23rd, 2007, 10:11 PM
fantastic news, Peter! congrats!!

:woot:

3strokes
May 23rd, 2007, 10:27 PM
Congratulations, Peter! That's good news for all of us (and if you need help with the "sampling" (before storing, you know) or "tasting", all you have to do is ask -and some 500 Forumites will be knocking at your doors).
:wine: :drink: x 365

SwimStud
May 23rd, 2007, 10:46 PM
Good stuff Peter...now get the discount mailout list read for the holidays!

Peter Cruise
May 23rd, 2007, 11:49 PM
Whoa! I start June 7, with some training, don't know exactly when I'm at my store; I just quit my full-time awful graveyard-shift job & trying to re-adjust, so I can be somewhat bright and alert for the new job. I appreciate all the good wishes and no, I don't get a discount so...

FindingMyInnerFish
May 24th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Congrats on the promotion and getting to be awake during the day! I heard Victoria's a beautiful town!

thewookiee
May 24th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Congratulations Peter! Good luck!

FlyQueen
May 24th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Congrats! You deserve some good news!

poolraat
May 24th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Peter, I'm glad to hear things are looking up.

The Fortress
May 24th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Peter:

Is there a masters team you can swim with there? Don't want to lose all the progress you've made on your evilstroke comeback...

3strokes
May 24th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Peter:

Is there a masters team you can swim with there? Don't want to lose all the progress you've made on your evilstroke comeback...

Now, IF Peter lives in Vancouver, the city, (which is on the mainland, BC) and he works in Victoria (which is on an island called "Vancouver" Island) he could swim, instead of taking the ferry and maintain his form (all strokes).

Yes, this is crazy Canada.
Here in Ottawa, Merivale Street at one intersection, continues straight as Clyde (but turns right at that intersection, onto, Merivale Street and meanders North, changing angles every few blocks). Clyde, the straight continuation of Merivale continues (yes, you guessed it), in the same straight direction, as Maitland.

Don't ask. I stopped trying to make some sense of this years ago.

Cheers, Peter.

islandsox
May 24th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Congrats to you Peter, I know this is a good change for you. I need two styrofoam wine shipping containers, maybe you can tell me where I should order them now that you're almost in the business....

Peter Cruise
May 24th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Thanks all. No, Leslie, I lost all progress during graveyard shift adventure (no swim, no weights for 5 weeks), couple of clubs in Victoria, not many workouts available and who knows what my shifts will be, so will likely find out all lap swim times and try that. Budget will be primary, with two kids still in university and maintaining two addresses. But I will be happier and learning a lot, so things will be a plus. Cheers to all.

scyfreestyler
May 25th, 2007, 12:53 PM
That is great news...congrats to you!

Slowswim
May 25th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Bravo Peter:

I too just moved and lost my Coach and team. With my schedule, I haven't been able to find a new team.

This forum, e-mails with my old coach, and a gym membership have kept me going. I am sure that with a little flexibility you be back in the water and making progress in no time.

Bottoms Up!