PDA

View Full Version : What'd you forget today?

The Fortress
June 5th, 2007, 11:06 PM
I feel like I have MMA (multi-tasking mommy alzheimers). I always forget something everyday, in addition to misplacing my car keys regularly. This afternoon, I left for the pool with my gym bag and MF, but no swim suit or towel. Tonight, I was driving to pick up my son & teammates from track practice at a nearby local high school (not where they usually practice) and I forgot what street the high school was on. Just drove until it looked right. :shakeshead:

Now, I'm having a glass of wine to forget it all. :wine:

Blackbeard's Peg
June 5th, 2007, 11:14 PM
i forgot to take the lock off my bike bag at work to bring with me for my lunchtime swim. i had to cram all my work clothes in my swim bag. good thing I got the wrinkle-free pants. :banana:

i think that is certainly minute compared to forgetting one's swimsuit.

The Fortress
June 5th, 2007, 11:21 PM
i forgot to take the lock off my bike bag at work to bring with me for my lunchtime swim. i had to cram all my work clothes in my swim bag. good thing I got the wrinkle-free pants. :banana:

i think that is certainly minute compared to forgetting one's swimsuit.

I've forgotten suits before ... It may run in the family. Fortson left for a track meet last Sunday without his spikes. I had to drive home to get them. Fortunately, the meet was only 15 minutes away or I woulda told him he was screwed.

Not sure about those wrinkle free pants though ...

Blackbeard's Peg
June 5th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Fortson left for a track meet last Sunday without his spikes. I had to drive home to get them. Fortunately, the meet was only 15 minutes away or I woulda told him he was screwed.

I heard Mr. Fort let Mrs. Fort take off to MD with his car keys last weekend. I think the Forts are having some serious issues this week. :rofl:

Anyways, that pool you were at for mini-fort - thats my lunchtime oasis.

Back when I was working in Columbia, I forgot my suit one day, and I really wanted to swim, so I went to a swim shop (owned by one of our teammates) at lunch and bought a cheap speedo, drag suit and new pair of swedes. Now drying off after practice was a little tedious, but it was a small price to pay.

The Fortress
June 5th, 2007, 11:46 PM
[QUOTE=Blackbeard's Peg;97195]I heard Mr. Fort let Mrs. Fort take off to MD with his car keys last weekend. I think the Forts are having some serious issues this week. :rofl:QUOTE]

Pool? You mean the 5-6 pools at that facility? I couldn't believe it. Gee, which pool should I warm down in ... if I can drag myself away from cute boys and friends and actually warm down ...

See, having a GF as a USS spy is no good! Plus, this only confirms that my kid has the major chats and is distracted by things other than her cell phone. She's even chatting up rival coaches! Of course, she's simultaneously texting all her friends on RMSC ...

Yes, Mr. Fort left his keys in the video camera while coaching a lil lil Fort soccer game. I left early, taking said camera to the swim meet. Had to drive home to return said keys. God, all I do is drive ...

jaegermeister
June 5th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Everytime I leave the house without my cell my adolescents give me crap about being a neanderthal. Its not that I am impaired, its just that during my workday my neck is chained to a desk and I have about 12 people to tell me what to do next, so I have no use for said phone.

swimmieAvsFan
June 6th, 2007, 09:37 AM
See, having a GF as a USS spy is no good! Plus, this only confirms that my kid has the major chats and is distracted by things other than her cell phone. She's even chatting up rival coaches! Of course, she's simultaneously texting all her friends on RMSC ...

hey now! i made sure mini-fort wasn't getting ready to swim a race the 2 times i talked to her! and as for rival coaches, at least i'm not a CUBU coach... :D

as for forgetting things, i'm hoping i didn't forget anything for practice tonight, including goggles that are usable inside. (seeing as how this is our team's first night back in our nice pool since the end of april, and i've been wearing dark goggles while swimming outside that whole time...)

Slowswim
June 6th, 2007, 09:56 AM
It rare that I forget anything. My military training has taught me to treat each event as a battle drill. I plan and pack everything the night prior. I pre=position my swim bag in the car. If I am taking lunch with me I leave the empty bag on my gym bag to remind me that food is in the refrig.

I up get at 0430, pull on my suit which was pre-positioned too so not to wake up Mrs. Ss. T-shirt and flip-flops are on gym bag with car keys and gym pass on top of them and head out.

It probably seems like a lot, but after 22+ years of this its second nature.

aquaFeisty
June 6th, 2007, 10:21 AM
the fitness center(s) where we practice have towels, so I often forget to pack a towel in my swim bag when we have offsite practices. this is a team-wide phenomena... it is not uncommon for only 6 out of 10 women to remember their towels at an offsite practice. This issue is usually not discovered until we hit the locker room...

The Fortress
June 6th, 2007, 12:56 PM
the fitness center(s) where we practice have towels, so I often forget to pack a towel in my swim bag when we have offsite practices. this is a team-wide phenomena... it is not uncommon for only 6 out of 10 women to remember their towels at an offsite practice. This issue is usually not discovered until we hit the locker room...

Same here.

I almost sent in an entry form to Muppet's meet this morning without seed times. Caught it right before I popped the envelope in the mail.

Bill:

That is very Type A. I try to do this with the 3 kids and their stuff as well. But with so much on the calendar, sometimes stuff falls through the cracks. It's usually fixable.

Do you get up at 4:30 every morning? I got up at 4:00 today and I'm in a daze.

Peter Cruise
June 6th, 2007, 01:14 PM
A very funny take on motherhood is "Mother" by Albert Brooks, a very funny film where grown-up Brooks moves in with Mom to find out reason why he has relationship problems. Supermarket parking scene will leave you helpless.

knelson
June 6th, 2007, 01:37 PM
I'm not usually very forgetful, but I did forget my water bottle at the pool last weekend. This is a pool that requires about a ten minute walk from the parking lot to the pool. Of course I was almost back to my car when for some reason I questioned whether I had my water bottle. I looked in my backpack and, sure enough, it wasn't there so I had to trudge back and get it.

The only things I ever take out of my swim bag at home are my wet towel and suit. I hang these in my shower when I get home from practice. When I take my shower in the morning I remove the suit and towel from the shower, so I always remember to pack them back up.

Has anyone else ever forgotten the combo to their lock? I've had this happen once or twice. I always eventually remember it, but it's a strange phenomenon. I've been using the same lock for years and I just all of a sudden blank on what the combination is. This might explain why some people use locks that use keys instead! :)

P.S. Fortress: I was racking my brain trying to figure out what the abbreviation MF meant. I just now realized it's monofin!

ensignada
June 6th, 2007, 02:45 PM
I have forgotten my unmentionables several times when I've worn my suit under my clothes to the pool. On one memorable occasion, I left my towel and undies home. That was special.

I never had memory/distraction issues until I became a mother.

thewookiee
June 6th, 2007, 03:07 PM
I forget my mind on a daily basis.

nancytris
June 6th, 2007, 04:55 PM
[quote=knelson;97256]
Has anyone else ever forgotten the combo to their lock? I've had this happen once or twice. I always eventually remember it, but it's a strange phenomenon. I've been using the same lock for years and I just all of a sudden blank on what the combination is. This might explain why some people use locks that use keys instead! :)quote]

One of the reasons I have recently bought a lock that you can program your number into (birthday, SO's birthday, or whatever) -- works quite well!!

Got Boost
June 6th, 2007, 10:22 PM
I have been reduced to putting sticky notes on my steering wheel so I do not forget. Looks wierd but it works.
What was I talkking about?......
Got Boost

Blackbeard's Peg
June 7th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Some doubt I ever had one to start out with.

I almost sent in an entry form to Muppet's meet this morning without seed times. Caught it right before I popped the envelope in the mail.
Don't worry, Fort, I would have been happy to enter you in random events with some interesting seed times. I'd love to see you in a 200 free next to Mollie :P

The Fortress
June 7th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Ha, ha, ha, Muppet. The 200 free is not an event I've ever swum much, if at all, at any point in my career. :mooning: I AM NOT A FREESTYLER. I only entered the 50 free at your meet. (Hey, have you ever been at the Hains Point meet? Is the pool any good?) I'm sticking by my statement that I'm a fly-backer, even though back seems to be my best stroke.

I didn't really forget anything today. I did forget my sunscreen when I swam outside, but it was a short workout. I even recharged my digital camera battery before a kids' event tonight and I have everything ready to go for the 6th grade picnic tomorrow. Don't know about Friday yet. I'm sure I'll forget something.

P.S. Yep, forgot to get coffee filters at the grocery store.

quicksilver
June 7th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Has anyone else ever forgotten the combo to their lock? I've had this happen once or twice. I always eventually remember it, but it's a strange phenomenon. I've been using the same lock for years and I just all of a sudden blank on what the combination is. This might explain why some people use locks that use keys instead! :)

Yup. It happened. And in desperation I asked the management to get the bolt cutters. I remembered the combo about half an hour later. Doh!!!...Two year later I still remember the very same combo...

That said...I always throw my Nikes ontop of my locker so I know which one it is after returning from the pool. Having been through a Ronald Reagan moment when I first got back into swimming...the running shoes are my only hope of finding my stuff since the lockers aren't the see through wire mesh kind.

ADD can be amusing as long as you take it in stride.

FindingMyInnerFish
June 8th, 2007, 10:14 AM

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I LOVE it, only because I SOOO identify!

Also, Ensignada/Barb... same with me... Thank God for quick drying swimsuits, heh!

But at least wearing my suit to the pool means I don't forget it.

Other forgotten items include: water bottle (but fortunately the Y vending machine has bottles of water), towel, lock or key. I pin my lock keys to my towel, so if I forget the towel, oops! Also I use the lock sometimes when I go to my group running workout, to stash items in the lockers they have in the community center, so then I have to remember to put it back in my swim bag--yes, I have a separate bag for running stuff.

I don't think of this as "forgetfulness." I prefer to use a term a friend once suggested: "otherworldly." :D

But next year in Jerusalem, I'll be like Slowswim.

Julie Roddin
June 8th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Same here.

You've already signed up for the meet? I haven't even begun to think about what I'm swimming. Did you sign up for 50 back? I better send in my entry form....with times ;)

What did I forget? Last night I forgot my bag of fins, paddles, etc. I've been gone for so long and last night was my first practice back after my crazy work trip and I just didn't even think about taking that stuff with me. Good thing we didn't need them! It was strange to swim in a pool again after 3 weeks of open water.

Julie

The Fortress
June 8th, 2007, 11:43 AM
You've already signed up for the meet? I haven't even begun to think about what I'm swimming. Did you sign up for 50 back? I better send in my entry form....with times ;)

What did I forget? Last night I forgot my bag of fins, paddles, etc. I've been gone for so long and last night was my first practice back after my crazy work trip and I just didn't even think about taking that stuff with me. Good thing we didn't need them! It was strange to swim in a pool again after 3 weeks of open water.

Julie

Entries aren't due until June 23. Swimming the 50 free, 50 back, 100 back and 50 fly and hopefully two 200 relays with the team. No 200 free against the Mollie Monster. What are you going to swim? 1500 free, 400 IM, 200 back, etc.?

Haven't forgotten anything today yet. Plenty of time left though ...

Blackbeard's Peg
June 8th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Entries aren't due until June 23. Swimming the 50 free, 50 back, 100 back and 50 fly and hopefully two 200 relays with the team. No 200 free against the Mollie Monster. What are you going to swim? 1500 free, 400 IM, 200 back, etc.?

Haven't forgotten anything today yet. Plenty of time left though ...

You forgot:
1. To enter a breaststroke event
2. That we are not offering distance events (800, 1500) as part of our Terrapin Cup meet. :thhbbb:

Blackbeard's Peg
June 8th, 2007, 03:21 PM
What'd RMSC forget today?

To replenish their soap dispensers with soap. I wreak Aquatic.
Plus, I did a "dry run" with my wetsuit - and I think some of the body glide from last year's bay swim is still on there, and therefore, now on my neck also.

Julie Roddin
June 8th, 2007, 03:38 PM
You forgot:
1. To enter a breaststroke event
2. That we are not offering distance events (800, 1500) as part of our Terrapin Cup meet. :thhbbb:

HA HA, I forgot my password to the forum! I am at another computer today since my lap top isn't working so I had to log in to the forum. Haven't had to do that since day 1!

See you at the Bay. Maybe I'll forget my wetsuit. I really don't want to wear it this year.
</IMG>

Blackbeard's Peg
June 8th, 2007, 06:12 PM
I checked the temps today - it is getting up there! Almost don't really need the wetsuit. :duel:

Swimmy
June 8th, 2007, 06:20 PM
I heard the bay is very warm. Skip the wetsuits, kids!
Swimmy :)

chickadee
June 11th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Oh I love this post ... I thought it was just me forgetting everything. I too get up at 4:30 am and pack the night before, but it also mean packing everything for little one as well. So - while making sure her karate uniform, lunch, library books, and my stuff one of the following ususally gets forgetten... towel ( borrowed a friends) work clothes had to drive back home and get them after the work out - there was 20 miutes lost and the worse so far was my contact lens case - had to put them in my water bottle with water - then disinfect them multiple times over.
As for locks the most embarrassing time, was when the facility lost power and only the emgerency lighting came on, well the low level light and my lack of bifocals due to wearing the contacts meant I couldnt see the numbers, I had to go get someone from the wieght room to open my locker....lord did I feel old. :blush:

A.K.
June 11th, 2007, 05:52 PM
I ahhh.... .... now what were we talking about?
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused:

chickadee
June 12th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Must be power of suggestion, I forgot my work shirt this am...10 minutes back to the house and 10 minutes back to the pool AGH:frustrated:
Was laughing about this thread as I headed home...

3strokes
June 14th, 2007, 10:12 PM
See you at the Bay. Maybe I'll forget my wetsuit. I really don't want to wear it this year.

Any suit you wear to swim will get wet .............

If you do (forget or not wear it) don't forget to post pix...........

USMSarah
June 15th, 2007, 01:32 AM
Went out to run errands/Dr appt/go to the mall with my little bambino...

Forgot to bring the stroller.

Brain: :notworking:

swim4me
June 15th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Since I leave the house at 5:00 am for the day, everything is packed the night before. I went all day without any jewery, no watch, no rings, no earrings :doh:. It is amazing how missing everyday jewelry can make one feel absolutely naked. :fish2:

poolraat
June 15th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Can't say that I've had that problem. :lmao:

..... I went all day without any jewery, no watch, no rings, no earrings :doh:. It is amazing how missing everyday jewelry can make one feel absolutely naked. :fish2:

newmastersswimmer
June 16th, 2007, 12:55 AM
Since I leave the house at 5:00 am for the day, everything is packed the night before. I went all day without any jewery, no watch, no rings, no earrings :doh:. It is amazing how missing everyday jewelry can make one feel absolutely naked. :fish2:

That is an interesting sensation I must say.....I was thinking that you could possibly elaborate a little more on that feeling in a PM perhaps...I have a purely professional interest in bizzarre fellings like that since I studied Psychology in school....So I assure you that my interests in your feelings there are purely professional now o.k. LOL!

The Fortress
June 22nd, 2007, 12:54 PM
Today, I forgot that my kid has swim practice at a different time on Friday. Arrived late; missed practice.

Yesterday, forgot to bring the MF to my own practice. That's OK though, toe still sore.

Julie Roddin
June 22nd, 2007, 01:59 PM
Yesterday I was about to mail my entry form for the Terrapin Cup and I realized that I forgot to put a check in the envelope that I had already sealed and stamped. Luckily I remembered before I mailed it!

Julie

3strokes
June 23rd, 2007, 08:58 AM
I forgot that the pool where I usually swim will close (The Power company is doing some work as of 10:00) today at 10am and therefore forgot when I woke up this morning that I had decided yesterday to go for the 0700 to 0815 early Saturday swim. It is now 0744. I was checking that my swim bag had its usual contents (for my 11:30 swim) when I suddenly remembered. Shoot. Shoot. Shoot.

As a small consolation, the Summer outdoor pool opens its gate today (1230) but, THIS IS CANADA, and that pool is much too cold for me during the first two/three weeks of its nine weeks season. So it'll just be a sun-tanning and reading session (and checking out any new members: Babettes, Shirleys, Luciosas, Deliciosas and -hopefully- Rambuctiosas. Last season's offerings were, at best, forgettable.)

An even smaller consolation: there is another City 25m 6-lanes pool open from 4pm to 5pm, but on an uncrowded day there will be from 20 to 30 "swimmers" (Ha!Ha!Ha!) to a lane. Then it gets congested on weekends. Therefore I have to weigh the pros (having my swim) and cons (ennervation, elevated high blood pressure, irritation, a feeling of wanting to :duel: somebody (or somebodies. Why can't we have a smiley "a la Hitchcock's Psycho", the shower scene? Just the hand with the kitchen knife!).)

Peter Cruise
June 23rd, 2007, 02:13 PM
3strokes: to be fair, you are situated in Eastern Canada- on the Left Coast, the lakes are aready swimmable and so is our lone outdoor pool. You need to establish a branch of your company out here.

3strokes
June 23rd, 2007, 07:55 PM
3strokes: to be fair, you are situated in Eastern Canada- on the Left Coast, the lakes are aready swimmable and so is our lone outdoor pool. You need to establish a branch of your company out here.

You mean, the right coast (but the wrong coast), Right?

(It's not MY company, BTW. I'm just an employee there and the boss is interested in an overseas office in his native............................India. Thanks, but no thanks.)

(I went to that outdoor pool today). The sun was out so I thought, "If the water's acceptable, to me, I'll have me a swim. If not, it'll be a sun-tanning session".

There were four people there altogether (well, three of them were "together", I was by myself). I dipped my finger in (doesn't matter which one); it felt OK. I dipped my toes in; it felt OK. I walked to the deep end (where they "still" have signs saying -NO DIVING-) and dove in. As my body, gracefully, entered the same hole-in-the-water created by my two middle fingers, I suddenly remembered what I should have remembered: my schoold physics classes, before the point (in the dive) of No Return; that heat rises. Hot water will float ON TOP of cold(er) water. That one (or even two) inch(es) below the surface, the water "could" would, be as cold as +4 Celsius (without visible icicles floating on/in it).

Four (25m) lengths was all I could manage. The ONLY time I ever swam in colder water was back in 1970+, in the middle of December - in CAIRO, Egypt- trying to impress (and succeeding, as a fool) some pretty tourists.
I did a 50m (LCM) without a single breath. (I did twist -to breathe?- every cycle. I did open my mouth. No air would come in. My Body was so "frozen" that my lungs wouldn't work.

Today was almost as bad. And to make it worse, just as I got out of the pool and ran, all wet, to my towel, a (gale-force) breeze came up and the largest cloud anyone ever saw, obscured the sky from horizon to horizon.

The (new and pretty) "female" lifeguards just did not believe me when I asked for artificial resuscitation. They didn't even offer me mouth-to-mouth as an alternative. I did however recover when the "male?" lifeguard offered to help.

Anyway, that's how I remember it.

nkfrench
June 24th, 2007, 03:15 PM
My mesh swim bag lives in the car and just the gym bag goes into the house. But I still forget things for early morning workouts. Towels, undies, and socks are the usuals. Somehow I will remember before I get more than 5 minutes down the road but not always. I don't pack the night before since the gym bag needs the time to dry out overnight.

OK, here's a question: You get out of the pool (30 minutes from home) just in time to take a quick shower and get to the office in 15 minutes so you can ~just~ make it to an important early meeting. But -- danged underpants aren't in there and there's nobody you can phone.

Do you ...
... Decide it's OK to go "commando"
... Go home to get comfy undies, then be about 1-1/2 hours late to work ?
... Go to WalMart [only open store that hour] and buy new undies that aren't your favorite style/fit and still be 30 minutes late to your meeting?
... Keep an emergency pair of underwear in your desk drawer ?
... Call the office to say you're not feeling well today

Peter Cruise
June 24th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Nancy, if I was a coworker of yours, I know which option I'd vote for.

swim4me
June 24th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Nancy,

I am in the same situation. Out of the pool at 6:30, on the phone with India at 7:30. Shower and dress at the pool, let long hair partially dry on way to work, complete hair dry and make-up in the office gym locker room, run upstairs to desk, get conference call items and head to conference call room (Whew!:coffee:). If I were you, I would keep a spare pair in my desk (or in my case, locker at gym) drawer. I have not forgotten underclothes yet, but since that is my biggest fear, my mantra while packing my bag the night before, is "shoes, socks (if needed), both items of female undergarments, top and bottoms (skirt or pants)". I may forget other items, deoderant (can always refresh at the office gym if needed), hair conditioner, jewelry (see my previous post), etc., but so far I have remembered the clothing items. Once, before the daily morning India calls, I forgot make-up. I don't wear a lot, but mascara is nice.... anyway, I drove home and then back to work. :fish2:

The Fortress
June 24th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Nancy,

I am in the same situation. Out of the pool at 6:30, on the phone with India at 7:30. Shower and dress at the pool, let long hair partially dry on way to work, complete hair dry and make-up in the office gym locker room, run upstairs to desk, get conference call items and head to conference call room (Whew!:coffee:). If I were you, I would keep a spare pair in my desk (or in my case, locker at gym) drawer. I have not forgotten underclothes yet, but since that is my biggest fear, my mantra while packing my bag the night before, is "shoes, socks (if needed), both items of female undergarments, top and bottoms (skirt or pants)". I may forget other items, deoderant (can always refresh at the office gym if needed), hair conditioner, jewelry (see my previous post), etc., but so far I have remembered the clothing items. Once, before the daily morning India calls, I forgot make-up. I don't wear a lot, but mascara is nice.... anyway, I drove home and then back to work. :fish2:

Man, this morning routine sounds exhausting! It's a special day when I actually make an appearance with blow dried hair, mascara and jewelry. I'm sure Mr. Fort would prefer that I do these things more regularly, but they are very antagonistic to water and I never know when I'm going to sneak in a swim.

:bouncing:

Slowswim
June 25th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Obviously there is differance between us but I'd go to work then buy pair.

In my younger days as an Infantry soldier, going "commando" was a job necessity. We called it something else. Problem is our pants have buttons.

On one occasion, a button gave way and an untimely peep show happened. :blush:

Now, I always have a pair for office work.

3strokes
June 25th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Do you ...
... Keep an emergency pair of underwear in your desk drawer ?

This solution and its variation could be dangerous (whether in desk drawer or glove compartment).
Two guys in the locker room and one sees the other wearing ladies lace panties and asks, "Since when did you start wearing women's panties?" The other guy replied, "Since my wife found a pair in my glove compartment."

3strokes
June 25th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Nancy, if I was a coworker of yours, I know which option I'd vote for.

Peter, I hear you, but isn't it just not correct to go into a co-workers drawers?

aquaFeisty
June 25th, 2007, 11:25 AM
I'd:

1. Go commando and make it to the meeting on time.
2. Head out at lunch (or sooner if possible) and buy a pair of undies to make it through the rest of the day.
3. Buy 2 pairs while I was out and keep one in the desk drawer in case this happens again!!

:)

ensignada
June 27th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Ok, I didn't have much time to swim today, so I thought I'd just play around and get used to the feel of paddles, fins and a band - since the first time I tried fins I wandered all over the lane like I was drunk. It was a good plan, except that I forget the paddles, fins and band at home. :doh:

Then, I forgot I had a class starting tonight until about 3 this afternoon, so I forgot to do the prereads. :frustrated:

Then, I went to class and forgot the text and my calculator. :rolleyes:

Somehow I drove home without forgetting my way.

Geez.

The Fortress
June 28th, 2007, 10:57 PM
I forgot that you shouldn't swim after getting massage.

I also forgot to make pancakes for the swim team pancake breakfast tomorrow morning.

Blackbeard's Peg
June 29th, 2007, 09:28 AM
I got home so late and so tired last night and forgot to take my towel and suits out of my bag. Am attempting to air them out in the car and hope the humidity won't be bad and they'll be dry in time for a lunchtime swim.
:fish2:

Julie Roddin
July 2nd, 2007, 11:20 AM
I forgot to swim the 400 free at the meet yesterday. I was warming down after 200 back and got distracted by the social going on in the warm down pool that I missed my heat. They were seeded fastest to slowest so I was supposed to be in Heat 1.

Then I noticed that there was even someone swimming in the lane I was supposed to be in. I told the officials, just so that they could be sure that they got the guys name so he could be credited with his time, not me and they insisted that I swim in a later heat. When they were getting ready to start Heat 4, I heard the official over the microphone say "Is Julie Oplinger here?!?" How embarrassing! After all the craziness, I didn't swim that well and missed TWO flip turns, caught the wall barely by my big toe. What a mess. At least the 200 back went well! I sure did enjoy hanging out with everyone in the warm down pool. Will have to remember to pay more attention to the meet next time.

The Fortress
July 2nd, 2007, 11:35 AM
I forgot to bring an energy bar to the meet. But fortunately my smokin' fast 200 backstroke teammate fed me!! :cheerleader:

swimshark
July 2nd, 2007, 03:41 PM
Julie, your story cracks me up. After being confused before my heat of the 400 free, I can understand why you had problems with yours.

I forgot my energy bars for the meet :( At least I remembered everything else.

Alison

Julie Roddin
July 2nd, 2007, 04:31 PM
Julie, your story cracks me up. After being confused before my heat of the 400 free, I can understand why you had problems with yours.

I forgot my energy bars for the meet :( At least I remembered everything else.

Alison

I can't even blame the seeding fastest to slowest for making me miss the heat. I wasn't paying attention AT ALL! That meet was fun. I'm sorry that I didn't get to talk to you! I did watch your 400 IM with Fort and agree that it looked GREAT!!!!

Next time you forget your energy bars, find me. I always have a ton of the mini LUNA bars. One of the benefits of being on their LUNA Chix triathlon team :)
</IMG>

swimshark
July 3rd, 2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks Julie! We'll have to meet up at Zones.

How does one get on a triathlon team? My sister is a huge triathlete freak but not on any teams, except US Tri team in 2000 and 2004 (placed 6th in her age group at world's both times). I'm the late bloomer and doing my first triathlon in Aug. A short, short sprint.

Alison

Slowswim
July 3rd, 2007, 05:26 PM
I saw in Triathlete Magazine that Irongirl was creating teams in various cities. Also, just go to a Tri or bike shop and ask to be sponsored; Especially for females. You can get on a team, get comp entries, or maybe just a new suit to wear. I've seen all three.

Good Luck

swimshark
July 4th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Thanks, Bill. I think she is somewhat sponsored by a local bike shop. I know she has one that she just bought her 3rd tri bike from but when she competes she wears her USA team stuff. She's down your way in Atlanta. Dad is running the Peachtree today.

Alison

Swimmer Bill
July 4th, 2007, 03:40 PM
I forgot how long I cooked the lobster the last time...

Slowswim
July 4th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Allison: I may see her at Peechtree City Tri. Congrats to your Dad. Probably the coolest weather in many years.

Bill: 15 minutes.

Julie Roddin
July 5th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Thanks Julie! We'll have to meet up at Zones.

How does one get on a triathlon team? My sister is a huge triathlete freak but not on any teams, except US Tri team in 2000 and 2004 (placed 6th in her age group at world's both times). I'm the late bloomer and doing my first triathlon in Aug. A short, short sprint.

Alison

The team I'm on is sponsored by Luna Bar and called the Luna Chix. They sponsor tri, cycle (road and mountain) and running teams. You don't have to be super speedy, just simply willing to host clinics and group workouts to promote triathlon to other women in the area. We had our first swim clinic, organized by the forum's own Sister Golden Hair and it was a huge success! Any profit goes to the Breast Cancer Fund, focused on prevention of breast cancer. There are 7 of us in the DC area and we just got started in May so we're just trying to get our feat on the ground and get to know each other.

I unfortunately won't be at Zones in August :( I'll send some Luna Bars for you though!!!

Julie

swimshark
July 5th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Julie, that's cool about the tri team. Good luck in growing it.

And your excuse for not making Zones is...?

Alison

Julie Roddin
July 5th, 2007, 07:06 PM
And your excuse for not making Zones is...?

Alison

Iron-Girl Triathlon. Expo on Saturday, race on Sunday. I'll be at the DCRP meet at Hains Point on July 22nd :)

Blackbeard's Peg
July 6th, 2007, 12:56 AM
I forgot my water bottle at the meet on Sunday. I think it might be history. :(
Anyone know where I can get a gatorade water bottle?

Update 7/10
Water Bottle discovered in trunk of car!
Hoo-Ray!

The Fortress
October 4th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Driving to my son's cross country meet tonight, chatting with FlyQueen on the phone. Half way there, I realize I brought my camera and telephoto lens, but left the battery in the camera charger at home. :shakeshead: