PDA

View Full Version : WTH

SwimStud
June 7th, 2007, 02:30 PM
/rant on

Why have they let Hilton out of jail? Pandering to her b/c she won't eat prison food. Uh Hello? That's why it's called prision--it's supposed to be punishment and not "what you want..."

She's a skinny yuck anyhow...they should put her on a drip and get some meat on her bones...

/rant off

scyfreestyler
June 7th, 2007, 02:50 PM
I am just happy that she is not my daughter.

The Fortress
June 7th, 2007, 02:58 PM
I am just happy that she is not my daughter.

Me too!

Is that the expressed rationale for letting her out early? That she won't eat prison food and is starving herself?

SwimStud
June 7th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Me too!

Is that the expressed rationale for letting her out early? That she won't eat prison food and is starving herself?

I read it earlier.

Slowswim
June 7th, 2007, 03:17 PM
I saw it was an unannounced medical issue.:confused:

SwimStud
June 7th, 2007, 03:38 PM
I saw it was an unannounced medical issue.:confused:

hmm there's no sick wing? get her fit then send her back.

House Detention in her Hollywood Mansion....pleeeeeeeeeeeeeez

Swimmy
June 7th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Oooh! I miss so much when I am at work! She got out? I was stuck at the zoo all day with my class.
Swimmy:)

CreamPuff
June 7th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Gotta hand it to her. One smart cookie for figuring out how to get out so early.

scyfreestyler
June 7th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Her parents must be so proud! One day she will look back on the highlights of her youth and have no choice but to dip her head in shame.

The Fortress
June 7th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Her parents must be so proud! One day she will look back on the highlights of her youth and have no choice but to dip her head in shame.

I don't think her parents care. I'm sure they helped her plot and scheme how to get out earlier. Sorry to be cynical, but what an awful family and kid.

SwimStud
June 7th, 2007, 07:04 PM
I don't think her parents care. I'm sure they helped her plot and scheme how to get out earlier. Sorry to be cynical, but what an awful family and kid.

Justice may or may not be blind, but she sure as shellfish favours the wealthy...

scyfreestyler
June 7th, 2007, 07:05 PM

You are most likely correct. My last comment was with respect to her life in general.

scyfreestyler
June 7th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Justice may or may not be blind, but she sure as shellfish favours the wealthy...

What is that? Some sort of British slang? :thhbbb:

But seriously, were you raised in the UK?

SwimStud
June 7th, 2007, 07:35 PM
What is that? Some sort of British slang? :thhbbb:

But seriously, were you raised in the UK?

Yeah. I'm imported under the "dry goods" descriptor...
:D

jim clemmons
June 8th, 2007, 02:12 PM
I heard on a news report last night that the sheriff's office, not the court, had released her to the home detention.

Who said money won't get you what you want. I think someone got their palm greased really, really well.

Blackbeard's Peg
June 8th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Who said money won't get you what you want. I think someone got their palm greased really, really well.
Jim, I believe you can find video proof of Paris' well greased palm all over the internet. :doh:
This whole thing is just a sad, sad situation. I wish someone would just throw the book at her and not look back. :dedhorse:

SwimStud
June 8th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Jim, I believe you can find video proof of Paris' well greased palm all over the internet. :doh:
This whole thing is just a sad, sad situation. I wish someone would just throw the book at her and not look back. :dedhorse:

They did throw the book at her. It hit her in the face as is clearly evident when you see her picture...ack.
Sorry Paris, just go away and be mega rich in obscurity. We don't need your celebrity all over the TV. I like how she has "fans"--fans of what? What is she? Actress? Singer?

Blackbeard's Peg
June 8th, 2007, 02:30 PM
They did throw the book at her. It hit her in the face as is clearly evident when you see her picture...ack.
Sorry Paris, just go away and be mega rich in obscurity. We don't need your celebrity all over the TV. I like how she has "fans"--fans of what? What is she? Actress? Singer?
Actually, she did put out a cd last year.:dedhorse::doh::censor:

knelson
June 8th, 2007, 02:33 PM
What is she? Actress? Singer?

Socialite, of course.

tjburk
June 8th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Devil's Advocate here......the family can't be completely lost....Nikki seems to have turned out Ok.

SwimStud
June 8th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Devil's Advocate here......the family can't be completely lost....Nikki seems to have turned out Ok.

I was going to comment on the fact that she stays out of the limelight. Probably embarrassed.

The Fortress
June 8th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Isn't she the one that had her quickie Vegas marriage annulled after two months?

Looks like Lindsay Lohan is going to the slammer next. At least she has some talent that she is wasting.

P.S. Poor baby. I see the judge overruled the sheriff and sent poor Paris back to jail.

SwimStud
June 8th, 2007, 10:22 PM
LOS ANGELES - Paris Hilton was sent screaming and crying back to jail Friday after a judge ruled that she must serve out her sentence behind bars rather than in the comfort of her Hollywood Hills home.

"It's not right!" shouted Hilton, who violated her probation in a reckless driving case. "Mom!" she cried out to her mother.

QED
Welcome to reality Paris.

scyfreestyler
June 9th, 2007, 12:35 AM
I am not so sure that what she is facing is actually reality anymore. I have heard some reports on various news stations that the punishment she is getting is non-typical for her violation. I am far from a fan of hers and I think this little jail stint might actually do her some good, but I don't think this whole thing is on the up and up.

ensignada
June 12th, 2007, 09:35 AM
As reported in the Philadelphia Inquirer today:

"Yesterday on 'The View", Barbara Walters shared a heartfelt chat she'd had the day before with Paris Hilton, who called her from jail in LA.

Hilton said she has undrgone a life-transformative experience that has made her a responsible grown-up. "I used to act dumb," she said. "It was an act... and that act is no longer cute."

The heiress, who insists she will serve her full 45-day sentence, said, "I have become much more spiritual. God has given me this new chance" to live a better life."

As for me, I sincerely hope that she does manage turn it around a little. Money, fame and all that aside, it can't be much fun being her.

SwimStud
June 12th, 2007, 09:44 AM
As reported in the Philadelphia Inquirer today:

"Yesterday on 'The View", Barbara Walters shared a heartfelt chat she'd had the day before with Paris Hilton, who called her from jail in LA.

Hilton said she has undrgone a life-transformative experience that has made her a responsible grown-up. "I used to act dumb," she said. "It was an act... and that act is no longer cute."

The heiress, who insists she will serve her full 45-day sentence, said, "I have become much more spiritual. God has given me this new chance" to live a better life."

As for me, I sincerely hope that she does manage turn it around a little. Money, fame and all that aside, it can't be much fun being her.

She showed total disregard for the leniency with which she was dealt with in the first place. Her profile made it impossible for the judge to be lenient with her. She got what she deserved. I sincerely hope she comes to no harm in jail. That said, some of these spoiled rich kids need to realise there is consequence out there which Mommy and Daddy can't buy off.

PS did I mention she's a skinny wretch?..ack

knelson
June 12th, 2007, 11:02 AM

OK, who else snickered when they read this?

meldyck
June 12th, 2007, 11:17 AM

Um, Kirk, are you mayhaps suggesting that she wasn't entirely sincere when she uttered this obviously profound statement?

jim clemmons
June 12th, 2007, 11:40 AM
The heiress said, "I have become much more spiritual. God has given me this new chance to live a better life."

Some serial killers have made the same statement hoping they could get out as well.

scyfreestyler
June 12th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Some serial killers have made the same statement hoping they could get out as well.
LOL! I was thinking the same thing!

Talk is cheap.

Rob Copeland
June 12th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Some serial killers have made the same statement... As have a few Masters Swimmers after a 200 fly.

SwimStud
June 12th, 2007, 11:57 AM
As have a few Masters Swimmers after a 200 fly.

LOL

Or in my case 50 Back!

jim clemmons
June 12th, 2007, 12:02 PM

On many, many occasions yet they still repeat the same mistake and enter the dang thing again, hoping that this time they can get it right.

FindingMyInnerFish
June 12th, 2007, 12:18 PM
I may be hopelessly naive, but I'm willing to believe she's sincere unless/until she proves otherwise. While reckless driving is serious business and she has to recognize the potential cost to life involved, we're not talking about a serial killer. At least I hope not. Bad judgment, yes... Irresponsible behavior, yes... needing to accept consequences... yes. But hardly a John Wayne Gacy. Could we dare believe that, if it's true that jail can be salutory for people, it may have been for her?

As for the 200 fly... That's a life mistake that I have never made, although I did once try a 100 IM. It wasn't a pretty sight, but I persuaded the reporter for the local newspaper NOT to use the photo he took of me attempting butterfly. ;)

The Fortress
June 12th, 2007, 01:33 PM

I'm much more cynical than you FMIF. Not a fan of death bed conversions. We'll see if she goes to church every Sunday ...

I'm leading a good life without the 200 fly. I won't convert.

knelson
June 12th, 2007, 01:45 PM
I do believe she was probably sincere when she said it, but that doesn't really mean squat. After all, how many of us have said "I'll never drink again?" Uh huh.

SwimStud
June 12th, 2007, 01:49 PM
I do believe she was probably sincere when she said it, but that doesn't really mean squat. After all, how many of us have said "I'll never drink again?" Uh huh.

not me...

The Fortress
June 12th, 2007, 02:26 PM
not me...

Me neither. At best, it was fear speaking, not faith. At worst, she was just doing some damage control for her image.

ensignada
June 12th, 2007, 04:22 PM
I think she's obviously a very troubled person (can I get a threadie for understatement of the year?) whether she knows it or not. I doubt a 45 day sentence will have much impact on her, but you never know. I know that I wouldn't want to walk one day (even what she considers a good one) in her shoes.

islandsox
June 12th, 2007, 07:39 PM
After this last round and she is "back in", she now professes to not be "dumb" anymore; that she wants to be a role model (HA, good luck) and that she has learned her lesson. Right, after that sexual video, I don't think it's possible.

Do you know how many people have found religion after being incarcerated? It happens every day. I will probably find religion one more time, on my 18 mile swim.

knelson
June 12th, 2007, 11:53 PM
I will probably find religion one more time, on my 18 mile swim.

Yeah, but saying "oh God!" a few hundred times doesn't really constitute "finding religion." ;)

swimr4life
June 13th, 2007, 12:32 AM

Rob, is that what you said after doing your 400 free back to back with the 200 fly? You were amazing! :bow:

Rob Copeland
June 13th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Rob, is that what you said after doing your 400 free back to back with the 200 fly?Thatís what I was thinking as I was climbing out of the water after the 400 and on to the block for the 200 fly.

Blackbeard's Peg
June 13th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Kirk, I was really mad, actually. I really don't like it when people expolit God and religion, but I do understand that many a prisoner has honestly found Jesus behind bars.
However, I will hold my "judgement" for 45 days. If she really does turn her life around, go to confession if she was raised Catholic, start caring about and giving her time to the poor, etc., and without flaunting it, only then I will believe her.
All that being said, I am not holding out hope.

ensignada
June 24th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Just saw on the news feed that Larry King landed an interview with Ms. Hilton the day she gets out of the big house.

Larry King. Paris Hilton.

Vomiting now.

chlorine addict
June 24th, 2007, 03:51 PM
I'm very new to this USMS forum, and am just becoming aquainted w/ some of the topics posted. That said, while reading this one, I found the comments funny and interesting, except for one thing: Who the heck Paris Hilton was.

I don't own a t.v. nor am I a connoisseur of publications such as "People" or "Cosmo" - not an academic snob, just could care less. Anyway, I was forced to Google her.

The girls is an anorexic skank. How in the world is she a celebrity?!?! I can't figure out what she does to be such. Anyway, she deserves to serve time in my opinoin. As far as her "spiritual transformation", this is actually a smart move on her part (by shear accident no doubt, but smart none the less). By doing so, and by speaking to Walters and King, she has just assured herself speaking engagements in which she'll earn even higher fees, a book deal, and a movie of the week (not to mention having her face plastered across America w/ her "drive safe" ads/bilboards); all of which will only add to her appeal to...well...someone.

By the way, does anyone else remember a diver named Bruce (can't remember the last name) back in the early to mid 80s? As I recall, he was denied going to the Olympics (after making the team) due to a driving incident (details escape me now). I sure hope Paris won't have to miss her audience w/ the Pope, poor girl.

Rob Copeland
June 25th, 2007, 08:50 AM
As I recall, he was denied going to the Olympics (after making the team) due to a driving incidentBruce wasnít denied a spot on the team; he simply failed to qualify for the Olympic team.

Slowswim
June 25th, 2007, 09:26 AM
The girls is an anorexic skank.

The term is "celebu-tard", but you're discription is very accurate!:rofl:

CreamPuff
June 25th, 2007, 10:04 AM
In a rather sick twist, Rocky Delgadillo, the City Attorney who helped put Paris in jail while pushing for more jail time for Paris, used taxpayer funds to the tune of over $1200 to pay for his wife's car wreck while she AND he were both driving on suspended licenses. Oh, and she fled the scene of the crime. He claimed, like Paris, to not know that his license was suspended.

Oh the irony. :doh:

What lessons we are taught.

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_6172394

chlorine addict
June 25th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Bruce wasnít denied a spot on the team; he simply failed to qualify for the Olympic team.

Thanks for the correct version.

chlorine addict
June 25th, 2007, 10:07 AM
The term is "celebu-tard", but you're discription is very accurate!:rofl:

"celebu-tard"...LOVE it!
:woot:

3strokes
June 25th, 2007, 10:08 AM
In a rather sick twist, Rocky Delgadillo, the City Attorney who helped put Paris in jail while pushing for more jail time for Paris, used taxpayer funds to the tune of over $1200 to pay for his wife's car wreck while she AND he were both driving on suspended licenses. Oh, and she fled the scene of the crime. He claimed, like Paris, to not know that his license was suspended.

Oh the irony. :doh:

What lessons we are taught.

He (and his wife) should be thrown in the same jail (same cell) as Paris Hilton. That would be a fit punishment. (For all three).

The Fortress
June 28th, 2007, 06:20 PM
"celebu-tard"...LOVE it!
:woot:

In her first post-jail interview on CNN, Paris said she read the bible daily and that God had saved her. When asked what her favorite bibled passage was, she looked blank, sat silent and finally just said she forgot.

swim4me
June 28th, 2007, 07:12 PM
In her first post-jail interview on CNN, Paris said she read the bible daily and that God had saved her. When asked what her favorite bibled passage was, she looked blank, sat silent and finally just said she forgot.

I saw it too and couldn't believe it :shakeshead: . She said she did a lot of bible reading while in Jail, but she could not think of even one verse. Unbelievable!!!!!!

Mswimming
June 28th, 2007, 07:35 PM
I caught a few minutes of the larry king interview last night.... :eek::lmao:

She couldn't even handle Larry's soft ball pitches. Not a quick thinker.

Kevin

Peter Cruise
June 29th, 2007, 03:37 AM
That settles it...she's presidential material....

SwimStud
June 29th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Listen to the patronising coworkers mocking her...but y'know what, Mika was bang on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn9SWEJQnm0

newmastersswimmer
July 13th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Check out this latest article I just read:

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=268805&GT1=7703

Pretty sickening.....I only hope some real reprimands will be made if these allegations are true.....but I'm not holding my breath!!

Bork

smontanaro
July 13th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Given that the sheriff originally let her out after three days I'm not surprised that they gave her preferential treatment when they were forced to take her back.

Skip Montanaro

newmastersswimmer
July 13th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Given that the sheriff originally let her out after three days I'm not surprised that they gave her preferential treatment when they were forced to take her back.

Skip Montanaro

the allegation about Paris receiving a cell phone in jail while the other inmates had to wait in line at the pay phone (and only were alotted x number of phone minutes a day) is probably the one that sickens me the most.

Bork

CreamPuff
July 13th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Woa! I need to just come here for all the latest gossip.
I've not followed her situation since she got out.

3strokes
July 14th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Woa! I need to just come here for all the latest gossip.
I've not followed her situation since she got out.

OK. By now I've figured out that the "H" in the thread title "WTH"
stands for "Hilton" but what the heck is "WT"?

:p

MichiganHusker
July 15th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Silly billy, "H" isn't for Hilton, it is "What the heck" (Well not really "heck", but I think you can figure it out).

Blackbeard's Peg
July 24th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Hey SwimStud, to the origin of this thread... I hear Lindsay Lohan was nabbed this morning on suspition of DUI and had some cocaine on her person. Didn't she just get out of rehab? Maybe we'll have another Paris-esque jail story on our hands shortly.
:whiteflag:

SwimStud
July 24th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Hey SwimStud, to the origin of this thread... I hear Lindsay Lohan was nabbed this morning on suspition of DUI and had some cocaine on her person. Didn't she just get out of rehab? Maybe we'll have another Paris-esque jail story on our hands shortly.
:whiteflag:
Ya know as much as it angers me the flagrant direguard fo laws...I pity Lohan and hope that someone intevenes soon...she's about to lose it all.
She needs a good kick up tha butt no dobut, but she needs help with her obviousl problem.

Wna while we're pointing out faults?
Michael Vick...what's that all about?

jim clemmons
July 24th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Michael Vick...what's that all about?

Must'a thought he needed to diversify his source of income?

Or just stoopid.:doh:

swimr4life
July 24th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Must'a thought he needed to diversify his source of income?

Or just stoopid.:doh:

Stoopid is more like it. He is an embarassmant to Atlanta....I don't care if he is a great player.

The Fortress
July 24th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Stoopid is more like it. He is an embarassmant to Atlanta....I don't care if he is a great player.

I agree. Stoopid.

As for LL, it's sad. She actually has talent and is wasting it. I guess it's not a big endorsement of that "Promises" place she was at. And the mother going partying with her?! She's a serious addict and needs help. Maybe she and Nicole will follow Hilton to the clink soon. Not role models for young teens at all. Blech. Can't we have some good news coverage soon? I see Vino and his team just got banned from the tour. And Barry Bonds won't sit down, preferring to dishonor Aaron and all of baseball. They're even busting steroid users in golf.

swimr4life
July 25th, 2007, 08:24 AM
And Barry Bonds won't sit down, preferring to dishonor Aaron and all of baseball. They're even busting steroid users in golf.

Makes me sick. I grew up in Atlanta and remember watching the game when Aaron broke the record that still stands today. He did it without cheating. There should be a "clean" record and an "assisted" record :shakeshead:

Peter Cruise
July 25th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Is there any truth to the rumour that Barry Bonds was going to play Darth Vader in the last movie, but his head wouldn't fit in the helmet?

Slowswim
July 25th, 2007, 12:42 PM

I disagree.

Stupid is the inability to learn. What Vick did was cruel and inhuman.

When did he become a great player? I must have missed that season.
The Falcons (a 7-9 team) doesn't have a great QB starting. IMHO