PDA

View Full Version : Am I in love?

3strokes
June 10th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Yesterday, Saturday 09th of June 2007..... A day to remember (in the annals of my swimming history, so far anyway).

11:30 to 12: 30, in my usual lane, the fast lane of my public swimming pool whose four "lane- swimming-sessions" lanes are leisure = anything goes, medium, medium fast and fast (in order of "increasing" speed), four or five swimmers ranging from water buffalo to, Oh! maybe 1'45" for a 50m free (apart from me), then at 12:30 everybody leaves and I'm all alone in the lane. What good deeds must I have done for Heaven to treat me to this .....---hold your horses. Don't be too impatient.--- "treat"!

A beautiful, young lady comes out of the ladies room, approaches me as I'm taking a breather (and takes my breath away while doing so) and asks, "May I join you in your lane?" I stammer "S-shure. Of ocooourse. No Brobplem. Blease doo." She gets in and then tells me, "If at any time you feel I'm too slow for you or you're too fast, I'll move over" and pushes off.

As I observe her (no ogling, my eyesight is too poor), I notice she's about half my regular speed, (less than half my age and more than 317 times as pretty, so there was no way I would ask her to move over). Two laps later, I signal her under the water to STOP. I must (and do) tell her the following. "Just before I leave ....... my workout's done for the day......... I had to tell you this. In five years that I've been swimming in this pool, you're the first person of any gender, age or swimming ability who has ever had the good manners to look at who was already swimming in the lane for a couple of lengths, to ask before getting in and to offer moving over in case.............." We did exchange a few words afterwards. Nothing more to it although she did wave (like a grand-daughter should) as I nimbly jumped out of the pool, sucked my twelve-pack in and tripped on some droplets of water on the pool-deck on my way to pick up my (yes, it did turn out to be "my") gym bag.

At long last, I got to experience -firsthand- a young lady (I would say mid-twenties if pressed - pressed me, not her) whose parents brought her up right. A miracle in this 21st Century.

Do I need to add, that she did NOT show up today, Sunday.............:sad:?

(But I know -she told me- where she swims, regularly).

SwimStud
June 10th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Yesterday, Saturday 09th of June 2007..... A day to remember (in the annals of my swimming history, so far anyway).

11:30 to 12: 30, in my usual lane, the fast lane of my public swimming pool whose four "lane- swimming-sessions" lanes are leisure = anything goes, medium, medium fast and fast (in order of "increasing" speed), four or five swimmers ranging from water buffalo to, Oh! maybe 1'45" for a 50m free (apart from me), then at 12:30 everybody leaves and I'm all alone in the lane. What good deeds must I have done for Heaven to treat me to this .....---hold your horses. Don't be too impatient.--- "treat"!

A beautiful, young lady comes out of the ladies room, approaches me as I'm taking a breather (and takes my breath away while doing so) and asks, "May I join you in your lane?" I stammer "S-shure. Of ocooourse. No Brobplem. Blease doo." She gets in and then tells me, "If at any time you feel I'm too slow for you or you're too fast, I'll move over" and pushes off.

As I observe her (no ogling, my eyesight is too poor), I notice she's about half my regular speed, (less than half my age and more than 317 times as pretty, so there was no way I would ask her to move over). Two laps later, I signal her under the water to STOP. I must (and do) tell her the following. "Just before I leave ....... my workout's done for the day......... I had to tell you this. In five years that I've been swimming in this pool, you're the first person of any gender, age or swimming ability who has ever had the good manners to look at who was already swimming in the lane for a couple of lengths, to ask before getting in and to offer moving over in case.............." We did exchange a few words afterwards. Nothing more to it although she did wave (like a grand-daughter should) as I nimbly jumped out of the pool, sucked my twelve-pack in and tripped on some droplets of water on the pool-deck on my way to pick up my (yes, it did turn out to be "my") gym bag.

At long last, I got to experience -firsthand- a young lady (I would say mid-twenties if pressed - pressed me, not her) whose parents brought her up right. A miracle in this 21st Century.

Do I need to add, that she did NOT show up today, Sunday.............:sad:?

(But I know -she told me- where she swims, regularly).

So you'll be doing doubles everyday now then?

3strokes
June 10th, 2007, 10:15 PM
So you'll be doing doubles everyday now then?

I don't think so. A girl/woman/young lady with such good manners has been brought up right and would not be good at being bad. I'd rather keep the fond memory of a considerate "visitor" from another plan........ Oops, sorry, meant to say, City pool. (But it remains open on Christmas day, when mine closes).

islandsox
June 12th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Ahmed, of course she wouldn't be there on Sunday; she was in church!!! Who knows, you may be a mentor in the future?

donna

3strokes
June 12th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Ahmed, of course she wouldn't be there on Sunday; she was in church!!! Who knows, you may be a mentor in the future?

donna

Thank you for thinking of this, Donna.
And here I was, thinking, "What did I dooooooooooooooooo that would make her go to another pool?"
You always hit the nail on the head, you....Olympian, you! :bow:

newmastersswimmer
June 16th, 2007, 10:36 PM
The story line here almost sounds like a Canadian version of Lost in Translation....only a little bit shorter LOL! I'm glad you enjoyed the brief encounter Ahmed! :party2:

Bork

3strokes
June 20th, 2007, 11:10 AM
The story line here almost sounds like a Canadian version of Lost in Translation....only a little bit shorter LOL! I'm glad you enjoyed the brief encounter Ahmed! :party2:

Bork

The good news is that MY pool closes for maintenance in 45 days or so
and THEN I'll have an excuse to visit that other pool with my fingers crossed. (But knowing my luck, IF she's there and I ask her if I can join her in her lane, she'll reply, "Why don't you use that other lane (way) over there? The one with 15 water buffalo. This one's for gazelles ONLY."

newmastersswimmer
June 20th, 2007, 11:25 AM
The good news is that MY pool closes for maintenance in 45 days or so
and THEN I'll have an excuse to visit that other pool with my fingers crossed. (But knowing my luck, IF she's there and I ask her if I can join her in her lane, she'll reply, "Why don't you use that other lane (way) over there? The one with 15 water buffalo. This one's for gazelles ONLY."

She wouldn't say that!!....You are too fast for that comment for one thing. I would just sort of casually say hello if you see her again (almost as if you feel it is a mandatory social courtesy on your part since you had the nice conversation with her at your pool). Then you will have left the ball in her court as to whether she wants to strike up another conversation with you. Younger girls like older dudes.....just not the obvious DOMs like me LOL!

Bork