PDA

View Full Version : Where is Jim? Did he get the boot?

The Fortress
June 13th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Jim Bork has been gone for a looooong time. :sad: What did he do and where is he? Any guesses? Did his DOM postings get him banned? :mooning: :lmao: :woot:

Blackbeard's Peg
June 14th, 2007, 12:00 AM
I noticed that too... :notworking:

Peter Cruise
June 14th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Perhaps ihe is communing with the future collective cyborg mentality; many university professors go through a process similar to this during the summer and remain enigmatically incommunicado whilst they ponder the deepest mysteries of life.

The Fortress
June 14th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Or maybe he's in top secret training to beat his not-so-secret nemesis and redeem his position as FlyStud.

:party2:

SwimStud
June 14th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Or maybe he's in top secret training to beat his not-so-secret nemesis and redeem his position as FlyStud.

:party2:

Maybe he got the fin and not the boot...no wait you got the fin...:rofl:

tjburk
June 14th, 2007, 10:13 AM
I think he is getting reacquainted with his Bong!!!!!!:lmao::rofl::lmao::rofl:

poolraat
June 14th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Babette has abducted him and is holding him hostage.

scyfreestyler
June 14th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Rumor has it that he was supposed to go to some swim training camp with geek. Any confirmation of that anybody?

FindingMyInnerFish
June 14th, 2007, 05:49 PM
:cool: I know nothing, and have no recollection of--

Oh wait, that was way back in Watergate days...

Only thing is, I think we need him back b/c the Masters' Horror Flick, despite valiant efforts by ThreeStrokes, PeterCruise, Island Sox, and myself, is flickering into bare embers, soon to go out. "Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio... a nation turns its lonely eyes to you..." Oops, another time warp. Must get grip... need :coffee:

Seagurl51
June 14th, 2007, 08:54 PM
He's in Florida at DisneyWorld with his family.

jaegermeister
June 14th, 2007, 10:02 PM
How long can anyone afford to stay at Disney World? Its been a loooong time.

The Fortress
June 14th, 2007, 10:08 PM
He's in Florida at DisneyWorld with his family.

Likely story. Now if we see the pictures of him posing with characters maybe we'll believe this tale.

But I think something more sinister is at work here ...

Blackbeard's Peg
June 14th, 2007, 11:45 PM
How long can anyone afford to stay at Disney World? Its been a loooong time.
Tom, I went ~3 years ago with a future teacher (ie still in school), a journalist, a Non-profit worker and myself (6mo into a professional position). We managed to fly down, buy a 4-day parkhopper pass and stay in a midrange disney resort (and not one of the budget ones) without going nuts on anyone's budget. I think we spent <600 a pop once we ate, drank, etc., and we had an awesome time. It was a great weekend!

newmastersswimmer
June 15th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Well I'm back and I have to say that I really appreciate everybody's concerns about my absence. You guys are making me get all vechlempt now! :cry: We started our vacation in West Palm Beach where we stayed with an old evil-stroking friend of mine from swimming in college. We spent about a week with him. Then we spent 5 days at Disney World....We went to each of the 4 main parks (1 park per day) and then on the 5th day we went back to the Magic Kingdom as our free choice day. Neal really had a blast on the entire trip....and he really liked the Magic Kingdom.....If anybody is planning a Disney vacation in the future I highly reccomend all the 3-D shows at all of the various parks too! Its good to be back though and to know that people may have actually missed me too!

Bork

3strokes
June 15th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Well I'm back ...

Bork

He's alive!

Blackbeard's Peg
June 16th, 2007, 12:04 AM
Bork, welcome back! I am very jealous! I love Disney World, and I am glad you like the 3d shows! My favorite is... go figure... Muppet Vision 3-D in MGM Studios.

dorothyrde
June 16th, 2007, 06:19 AM
Tom, I went ~3 years ago with a future teacher (ie still in school), a journalist, a Non-profit worker and myself (6mo into a professional position). We managed to fly down, buy a 4-day parkhopper pass and stay in a midrange disney resort (and not one of the budget ones) without going nuts on anyone's budget. I think we spent <600 a pop once we ate, drank, etc., and we had an awesome time. It was a great weekend!

Less than 600? The air tickets almost cost that. When we went to Disney 10 years ago, it was around 4000 for our family to stay at the cheapest resort for 5 days. And I got great air fare. Disney is costly, hence why we have not gone back!

of course everything is costly. My daughter is going to Hawaii with the band next year....yikes on that.

newmastersswimmer
June 16th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Bork, welcome back! I am very jealous! I love Disney World, and I am glad you like the 3d shows! My favorite is... go figure... Muppet Vision 3-D in MGM Studios.

thanks Jeff. Its great to be back....but yaeh, DisneyWorld is very fun I must say. I can't tell who had more fun between the kids or the adults LOL! I guess we will have to go back next year and do like my Sister did this trip ....and that is to also schedule a couple of days at Universal's park too....maybe Blizzard Beach too....but like you guys mentioned...it would be kinda pricey I'm sure....I'm kinda with Dorothyrde on how you managed to get by for <600 a piece? (that's a great deal! ) I was kind of lucky on this trip since my Dad and StepMom paid for everyone's resort package which included meals, tickets to all the various theme parks, and the lodging at the resort (Coronado Springs Resort which I thought was a pretty nice resort actually). We had to pay for our own transportation and general spending for what nots etc... They also had a pretty cool waterslide at the resort pool but unfortunately Neal couldn't go down it for safety reasons. ...And Yaeh, the Muppet 3-D show was great....it was the first show we saw since we started at MGM....The other 3 we saw were Philharmagic (Magic Kingdom),
Honey I Shrunk the Audience (Epcot), and Its Tough to Be A Bug (Animal Kingdom).....Even though the last one I listed was the shortest it was Neal's favorite because of all the extra effects.

Bork

jaegermeister
June 16th, 2007, 10:39 PM
The 3-D Muppets rock!!!!:woot: :party2: :bouncing:

Blackbeard's Peg
June 17th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Bork - we stayed at Coronado Springs too. I love the pool there! I got up and swam laps a couple of mornings we were there.

newmastersswimmer
June 18th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Bork - we stayed at Coronado Springs too. I love the pool there! I got up and swam laps a couple of mornings we were there.

Yaeh, we spent over half the day there the day we were scheduled for Animal Kingdom because it was too hot to spend an entire day at that park. The water slide was actually pretty decent....and I like the bar at the pool too of course LOL! The hottub was also great.....lots of room. We met some interesting people at the Hottub late at night each night after we got home from the various parks. I tried swimming laps at night once but it got too crowded shortly after I started....I guess I was more of a late night person on the trip and couldn't get up early enough to swim laps in the morning....(I really should have though!!)

Bork

swimshark
June 20th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Welcome back. Sounds like a great trip. I think I just missed you in Palm Beach. I flew down there with my 2 year old son. We stayed in DelrayBeach at my grandmother's condo. We were there for her 95th birthday. Nice weather!

Alison

newmastersswimmer
June 20th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Welcome back. Sounds like a great trip. I think I just missed you in Palm Beach. I flew down there with my 2 year old son. We stayed in DelrayBeach at my grandmother's condo. We were there for her 95th birthday. Nice weather!

Alison

Thanks Allison. We were actually in Jupiter (which is just North of West Palm Beach). We mostly hung out at Jupiter Beach and Dubois Park. Dubois Park is a great place to hang out with kids too! Its a gorgeous little park. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun down there too! 95 years young eh? Maybe the great Florida weather acts like a fountain of youth? The only real downside to living in Florida IMO is that the Florida Gators are located there! ...(and the hurricanes too I guess).

Bork