PDA

View Full Version : practice with board

visgar
June 18th, 2007, 05:06 PM
hi,

I try practising freestyle kick with a board, but I am moving may be inches for a couple of kick. This makes this practice too tiring. I see others practising moving faster with the boards. Let me know what is the problem.

thanks.

Jeff Commings
June 18th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Don't judge yourself in workout based on how others are doing. You'll go crazy in a few days.

You might not be a good kicker. Don't worry about it. You can still be a good swimmer.

Ask your coach to study your kick. There might be some technical changes to make to help. If you're new to the sport, or new to kick sets, you might need to give your legs time to adjust and strengthen.

Or, you can try kicking without a board. I suggest that to people anyway because it keeps your body in a better aligned position.

quicksilver
June 18th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Keep the feet and toes pointed.

Some people new to swimming tend to kick as if they are kicking a ball. Not good.

I have seen this with a few runners who experienced difficulty.
When they pointed their toes...and tried not to bend their knees too much...they made big improvements.

This is a good web site for swimming tips...

http://www.svl.ch/svlimmat_ratind.html#schwimmen

Gerdrick
June 18th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Try kicking from the hip, that should help you keep your legs straight! Good luck! :wave: