PDA

View Full Version : "Battle At Kruger" is the most fascinating youtube video I've seen

ande
June 19th, 2007, 03:22 PM
"Battle At Kruger" is the most fascinating youtube video I've seen:
http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM

newmastersswimmer
June 19th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Wow! That was incredible....There was a lot of comments centered around the baby Buffalo....I wonder??

Bork

Seagurl51
June 19th, 2007, 11:12 PM
That was pretty intense!

The Fortress
June 19th, 2007, 11:29 PM
Go stuff yourself Rich!!

SwimStud
June 20th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Having been on safari in Kenya...

*cough*braggingagain*cough*

:rofl:

I think of it as a swimmer...
...the Water buffalo turn up in force and attempt to hog the seemingly empty lane but not actively use it...the loud flyers (Lions) get all chest-poundy and "Do you know who I am?" about it.
They then pick a fight with a buffalo and crash into the Breaststroker's territory (crocs) who were happily practicisng the underwater part of their stroke. The breaststroker's try to encourage the Buffalo to swim underwater with them, as fly is hard on the shoulders, but being more unique than flyers they lose out in the tug of war due to numbers...
Then the Leader of the buffalo herd spots what the flyers are detaining one of the herd and leads the stampede; throssiing the loudest flyer into the air like a rag and driving off the others...

I swear this is just like my local Y...

newmastersswimmer
June 20th, 2007, 11:39 AM
*cough*braggingagain*cough*

:rofl:

I think of it as a swimmer...
...the Water buffalo turn up in force and attempt to hog the seemingly empty lane but not actively use it...the loud flyers (Lions) get all chest-poundy and "Do you know who I am?" about it.
They then pick a fight with a buffalo and crash into the Breaststroker's territory (crocs) who were happily practicisng the underwater part of their stroke. The breaststroker's try to encourage the Buffalo to swim underwater with them, as fly is hard on the shoulders, but being more unique than flyers they lose out in the tug of war due to numbers...
Then the Leader of the buffalo herd spots what the flyers are detaining one of the herd and leads the stampede; throssiing the loudest flyer into the air like a rag and driving off the others...

I swear this is just like my local Y...

Nice Analysis Rich LOL! Are we missing a posting or two here? I don't see Leslie's posting about being on safari in Kenya? ....and why does her comment asking you to stuff yourself precede your first posting on this thread?? My brain hurts now LOL!

Bork

SwimStud
June 20th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Go stuff yourself Rich!!

My...I did already. Had a salad. ;)

3strokes
June 20th, 2007, 01:32 PM
My...I did already. Had a salad. ;)

With buffalo steaks?

I remember when I used to live in Cairo, Egypt, a lot of American tourists would ask the Maitre D's at the major hotels (Hilton, Sheraton, etc....) for a "Crocodile breast-meat" sandwich, because it had been recommended (by friends and previous tourists) to them as one of the local gourmet must-try/taste meals. Needless to say, there's no such thing.

Peter Cruise
June 20th, 2007, 04:05 PM
I dare say that the crocodiles occasionally consume such sandwiches from careless tourists; probably where the confusion comes from.

swimr4life
June 20th, 2007, 08:18 PM
WOW! That was unbelieveable! I watched most of it with my mouth wide open!:eek:

islandsox
June 24th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Whew, that was intense. I normally can't watch any "kill" situation but knowing that baby was going to make it, I watched. Great video!

3strokes
August 19th, 2007, 08:23 AM
........and almost two months later (just a few days ago), CNN presents it as "News".

smontanaro
August 19th, 2007, 08:42 AM
That's not too surprising. We've been in the midst of unbelievable market volatility the past couple weeks (I work for a trading firm, so we tend to pay fairly close attention to that sort of stuff ;)). I've seen nothing about this in my CNN email updates. But by God, they let me know the other day that Jenna Bush got engaged. Damn, I wonder if that was the cause of all the market fluctuations?

Skip Montanaro