PDA

View Full Version : Sue for your lost pants...

SwimStud
June 25th, 2007, 12:19 PM
...and lose your shirt!
http://www.comcast.net/news/national/index.jsp?cat=DOMESTIC&fn=/2007/06/25/698609.html&cvqh=itn_lostpants

FindingMyInnerFish
June 25th, 2007, 12:42 PM
I'm suing you for making me cough up the water I was drinking when I read this post and started to laugh. You'll be hearing from my attorneys soon. :joker:

Disclaimer: the author of this post is in search of her inner fish and may therefore have taken momentary leave of her senses, therefore pleads temporary insanity if sued. ;) :fish2:

ensignada
June 25th, 2007, 05:27 PM
I heard about this case. Thank heavens for a breath of sanity in this country.

Blackbeard's Peg
June 25th, 2007, 11:13 PM
The judge reviewing the case tossed it out today, ordering the owner of the missing pants to pay the legal fees of the drycleaning store.
Apparently he's going to be losing his job on the bench soon.

Got Boost
June 26th, 2007, 01:49 AM
The person who filed this lawsuit should be publicly humiliated, oh wait, you gotta love kharma, he is.

Just wondering how could it be made a criminal offense to file frivolous law suits. I know the answer to that one who defines frivolous. :frustrated:
Got Boost

Blackbeard's Peg
June 27th, 2007, 09:40 AM
In related news, I went to the drycleaners yesterday morning to pick up the stuff I dropped off last week. I had shirts and pants there, and the pants needed a little altering (I needed the top of my pocket sewn back into the waist). So I get the shirts, and ask about the whereabouts of my pants. Apparently the woman who does the altering went on a 2 week vacation starting a week ago. Would have been nice to know that when I turned in my pants. :frustrated:

I kinda needed my suit pants back, as the blue muppet and I were headed to see Phantom of the Opera at the Kennedy Center yesterday eve. As I have had that suit for 10 years, I bit the bullet and and went to Mens Warehouse and picked up a Suit Separates suit. She liked the way I looked (hey, MW guarantees it!). And now I have two suits.

smontanaro
June 27th, 2007, 09:55 AM
I kinda needed my suit pants back, as
the blue muppet and I were headed to see Phantom of the Opera at the
Kennedy Center yesterday eve. As I have had that suit for 10 years, I
bit the bullet and and went to Mens Warehouse and picked up a Suit
Separates suit. She liked the way I looked (hey, MW guarantees it!).
And now I have two suits.

Repeat after me: Blue jeans - correct for any occasion. ;)

Skip Montanaro

The Fortress
June 27th, 2007, 10:29 AM

Skip Montanaro

Yeah, but I don't think they accept blue jeans at the Kennedy Center.

How'd you like the production Muppet? The whole fam is going on July 20.

islandsox
June 29th, 2007, 09:51 AM

Skip Montanaro

Many restaurants in Dallas won't let you wear bluejeans. My hubby and I, fresh out of California 15 years ago, tried to get into Minx Restaurant and we had on dark blue, blue jeans, nice shoes, dress shirt for him; they said no. So we got in our $60,000 Porsche and drove off.

bud
June 30th, 2007, 09:53 AM
this should be a direct link to the story:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/06/25/national/a072327D47.DTL&feed=rss.news

and some people say I have nothing better to do

geeze louise

oops! now the original link works... :"> oh well, now there are two.