PDA

View Full Version : Swim & Ski Clinic

Dennis Tesch
June 25th, 2007, 05:31 PM
I am currently putting together a "Swim and Ski Clinic" that I would like to offer this coming winter in Park City, UT. I've had a few suggestions on the various different schedules we could offer participants, but I would like to get an idea of people who would be interested in such an offering.

The clinic would run from 4 to 5 days. Participants would have a swim clinic/workouts at 7 am for 1.5 hours. They would then get dressed for skiing and then go skiing all day for fun or instruction, depending on ski level. There would be an evening dryland session involving video tapes and Q & A sessions. Meals might be included in the clinic, but not currently planned. Particpants would have to get meals on their own. Swim clinic, ski passes, and hotel would be included in the cost. Transportation and ski equipment would be extra.

These are some basic details, so let me know if you interested, by voting on the poll. You can also email me with any questions.

Rob Copeland
June 25th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Dennis, What a great idea. I hope you can pull it off!:wine:

Blackbeard's Peg
June 25th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Dennis - I like the idea!
I vote for minimal kick sets during the training! I can already feel the burn (and taste the snow from a faceplant cause my legs are too tired) :dedhorse:

kristilynn
June 26th, 2007, 12:04 AM
Dennis,

This sounds like a lot of fun. I would be interested in participating depending upon cost and dates. What are your connections with Park City? Is there any chance that the skiing might include race training for slalom or GS?

SwimStud
June 26th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Possibly Dennis,

Would their be provisions made for family members who may not want to swim...or someone to hold basic classes for them?

Do we have to ski...can we snomobile and hot-tub to make up for that portion?

Dennis Tesch
June 26th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Thanks for some of the great ideas! I'm going to look into alternative classes for family members and possible racing (slalom or GS) training. More info will follow.

poolraat
June 26th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Hi Dennis,
I like the idea of the clinic but I'm not a skier. Would lessons for beginners be available? Or an alternative activity be offered?

Sam Perry
June 27th, 2007, 01:04 AM
I am in! Swam at the Jr. High pool in Park City last Winter when we went skiing. It was a beautiful facility. Two of my three favorite things to do, ski and swim. I'll let y'all figure out the other one.