PDA

View Full Version : 2007 ESPY's

Rob Copeland
June 26th, 2007, 01:50 PM
From USA Swimming web site.

The sport of swimming received several acknowledgments this year for ESPN’s annual ESPY Awards, fielding nominations in several categories. National Teamers Michael Phelps and Kara Lynn Joyce, along with Paralympian Jessica Long and the feature-length film “Pride” all received nominations.

And from Sean Joyce...
My sister, Kara Lynn Joyce, has been nominated for an ESPY Award in the category of Best Female College Athlete.

Kara, a swimmer for the University of Georgia, is the second all-time most decorated collegiate athlete (male or female) in any sport in NCAA history with 18 National Championships including winning the 50 and 100 yard free at the 2007 NCAA Championships. She also won two Silver Medals during the most recent Olympics. The awards are all fan voting based, so I need everyone's help to make sure Kara wins this year.

The ESPY"s are hosted by ESPN and are the sporting worlds' version of the Oscar's meets the Grammy's. It brings out the best athletes in the world, and it's a pretty big deal to win one. For an in depth explanation, check out Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPY_Awards

In order to vote, go to the link http://espn.go.com/espy2007/index.html#/vote/

Scroll roughly 2/3 of the way down the list of awards and click on the Best Female College Athlete
Click on Kara's picture (the middle one)
Click submit vote
You don't have to vote for every category

Tell your friends, vote early and vote often.

And don't forget Michael, Jessica and Pride.

swimr4life
June 26th, 2007, 03:46 PM
I can't think of any other college swimmer more deserving of this award! I'm so proud of her! VOTE!!!:applaud:

thewookiee
June 26th, 2007, 03:49 PM
I can't think of any other college swimmer more deserving of this award! I'm so proud of her! VOTE!!!:applaud:

That's just because she is a georgia bulldog...lol

swimr4life
June 26th, 2007, 03:51 PM
That's just because she is a georgia bulldog...lol

That definitely helps sway my opinion!;) BUT.....her statistics speak pretty well for themselves! Go to the site and try to prove me wrong!:thhbbb:

Allen Stark
June 27th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Kara Lynn has had a great year and is really deserving.As we used to say in Texas"vote early and vote often."

Swimmer Bill
June 27th, 2007, 08:39 PM
I voted, but I think I'm a little biased. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why they needed any other nominees - or for that matter, who they were. And of course, I only voted for the categories in which swimmers were nominated. Any category not including a swimmer was, I felt, not worthy of my consideration.

:D

swimmerlady
June 29th, 2007, 08:49 AM
And from Sean Joyce...
My sister, Kara Lynn Joyce, has been nominated for an ESPY Award in the category of Best Female College Athlete.

The awards are all fan voting based, so I need everyone's help to make sure Kara wins this year.

And don't forget Michael, Jessica and Pride.

According to the Detroit Free Press - Sean Joyce wins the "Most Amusing Email" - for his email campaign.

However we want to see some Swimmers take home the honors on July 15th. The Bulldogs have this even more amusing page you can send along to all your swim pals.

Check this one out: http://georgiasports.blogspot.com:80/2007/06/dawg-nominated-for-espy-vote-now.html (http://georgiasports.blogspot.com:80/2007/06/dawg-nominated-for-espy-vote-now.html)

Take a few minutes to check it out and please Vote! Pass it along to as many people as you can. It would be great for our sport to see Kara, Michael and Jessica take home an award.

And one final thing - when you go out to the page to vote, there is a skinny blue line next to the list of nomination categories....that is the scroll bar. Many people are having trouble finding the Best College Female Athlete - click on that skinny blue line about 2/3 the way down. She's the one in the middle.

Go Dawgs!!!!!:cheerleader: