PDA

View Full Version : We are alive and well in Southeastern!

Nan
July 7th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Dear swimmers,

I just happily accepted the position as the new Chair for the Southeastern LMSC. I am looking forward to serving in this role and growing this LMSC. My first goals are to update our LMSC Officers list on the USMS web site and get our own web site on USMS. The web site is going to be a lot more difficult than I realized. If anyone can help, please let me know. Until it's up and running this may be the best way to communicate. I promise to check this site every 1-2 days. I am a chlorine lover but I am very interested in promoting our open water programs.

I live in Pensacola but I am willing to travel to meet you all and get to know your clubs. Please contact me whenever you can. I'll keep you posted as I learn about USMS. Thanks for your support. Now let's get to work!

Nancy (Nan) DeStafney
Navy Masters Club Rep
Southeastern Chair

khaden
July 7th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Hey Nan,

The Shoals Sharks Masters welcome you to the chair position. As far as open water, we have a pretty unique 12 mile open water swim in September, we'd love to have you up for it!
At any rate, our websit is: www.shoalssharks.com

It has more info on it.

Talk to you soon,
Keith Haden
Shoals Sharks

Nan
July 7th, 2007, 10:10 PM
TWELVE, did you say TWELVE MILES? OMG! Do you wear a wet suit? Are there sharks? Alligators? It must take a day or two to swim 12 miles. I'm going to have to study. Could I bring my kayak and just cheer? Nan