PDA

View Full Version : So cute

laineybug
July 14th, 2007, 03:12 PM
My mother (82 and complete with it in all aspects of her life- she does water aerobic, housekeeping, money management, etc), who of course knows how much I love swimming, is in the hospital (very minor heart attack and until this point on no medication what so ever). When I went up to visit her at lunch she has some sports channel on TV. After saying hello, how are you, what did the docs say, etc. she says, "Look at these swimmers, this race is so strange. You just missed the women, but after they got out of the water they got on a bike!" LOL, she was watching a triathlon! How cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blackbeard's Peg
July 15th, 2007, 01:03 AM
lainey - glad mommabug is doing ok! :bouncing:
that certainly is pretty funny! and I am sure she's not the only one who thinks that progression of activities is strange ;) (this coming from a guy who is about to sign up for a tri)

swimshark
July 15th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Lainey, glad your mom is doing well. Maybe when she recovs she'll get into triathlons :)

Alison

laineybug
July 15th, 2007, 09:42 AM
our Y has an 'indoor tri'

you swim (or if you are unable to swim you do some other aerobic exercise for an hour)

you ride a stationary bike then

you do a treadmill, eliptical, etc

I bet she might be able to do that.

Thanks y'all for your well wishes.

Lainey

FindingMyInnerFish
July 15th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Your mom sounds like a trooper... hope she makes a quick recovery! No meds, that sounds promising! Wishing her continued good progress!

I did an indoor tri in April. They're a lot of fun! Mine was a 15 min. swim, 30 min. run (on an indoor track) and 30 min. stationary bike. Didn't distinguish myself but enjoyed it!

MichiganHusker
July 15th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Your mom sounds adorable. I was at a meet last month and there was a 91 year old lady swimming. Omigosh! She was sooooo cute! She would use her walker to get to the end of the pool and her daughter (who by the way was in her late 60s or early 70s) would say "OK mom, you're swimming freestyle" or "OK mom, this is backstroke." She would then get in the water and go!

One time she was supposed to be swimming 50 free, but she swam backstroke and her daughter was right there beside her on the deck yelling "MOM! IT'S FREE! DO FREE!" Well, the mom could not hear her daughter so backstroke it was.

Maybe this will be you! We'll have mommabug and laineybug!

laineybug
July 15th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Oh my mom is a real cut up. I've tried to get her interested in master's swimming but she just isn't.

Thanks again everyone!

Lainey