PDA

View Full Version : SCY Top Ten list for 2007

gull
July 20th, 2007, 10:11 PM
The good news is that my times for the 500 and the 1000 this year made the top ten for the 55-59 age group.

The bad news is that I'm 49.

ande
July 20th, 2007, 10:28 PM
you can find your rankings at
http://www.usms.org/comp/tt/toptenlist.php

ande

The Fortress
July 20th, 2007, 11:08 PM
The good news is that my times for the 500 and the 1000 this year made the top ten for the 55-59 age group.

The bad news is that I'm 49.

Still awesome swimming! Way to go. And wait till you see your time drops in the Austin pool at age 50. I'm sure you won't regret leaving NC.

Blackbeard's Peg
July 20th, 2007, 11:44 PM
As I said to the blue muppet earlier - holey crap! This year was FAST!!!
I checked out a lot of age groups and it seems that across the board, people were in a hurry in 06-07. I almost never make it SCY - and this year was no exception. Not even close. Especially when you're competing against Robert Margalis's 14:43 1650. WOW.
:whiteflag:
Here's hoping to some top 10 times at the meet this weekend!!

gull
July 21st, 2007, 09:45 AM
Still awesome swimming! Way to go. And wait till you see your time drops in the Austin pool at age 50. I'm sure you won't regret leaving NC.

Thanks. And congratulations on your (real) top ten times.

The problem for me is simple, I've decided. I'm slowing down faster than the rate at which I'm improving.

Fritz
July 21st, 2007, 11:40 AM

The problem for me is simple, I've decided. I'm slowing down faster than the rate at which I'm improving.

Yeah, North Carolina sucks.

knelson
July 21st, 2007, 01:43 PM
Especially when you're competing against Robert Margalis's 14:43 1650. WOW.

He was only almost 2:30 ahead of the second place guy! His time in the 1000 free is an American Record, by the way. He also broke the record in the one hour postal by going 6,135 yards (58.7 pace per 100...probably a walk in the park for him!).

If it holds up, I got my best ever finish with a fourth in the 1650 :)

The Fortress
July 21st, 2007, 04:00 PM

Thanks. My problem is that no one in my age group is slowing down!

The real stud on my team, though (among many others) is Robert Hansen (52). He swam what seemed like hundreds of events at Colonies Zones as well as 2-3 relays per day to score points for the team. Still made Top Ten in 7 events. I see he has a nice little rivalry with our Fearless Leader in the distance free events.

Great job Kirk!

gull
July 21st, 2007, 04:19 PM
Yeah, North Carolina sucks.

I never said that. I had a fantastic coach, a supportive (super-) team and a great training partner (Mark Doyle).

But the barbeque is better here.