PDA

View Full Version : Pete Wilson dead at 62

scyfreestyler
July 23rd, 2007, 12:38 AM
Any Pete Wilson KGO 810 fans here? Unfortunately he passed away on Friday afternoon after a hip replacement surgery at Stanford University. Without question he was one of my favorite radio talk show hosts.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=bios&id=3282055

FindingMyInnerFish
July 23rd, 2007, 07:46 AM
Though not familiar with his talk show, when I read that he died during hip replacement surgery, I felt for his family--my mom passed away during what was supposed to be minor surgery a few years ago. We'd thought she'd emerge from that surgery and leave the hospital that very day. I can imagine his family would have thought they'd see him through his recovery and weren't prepared for this. Prayers for all concerned!

SwimStud
July 23rd, 2007, 08:34 AM
That's tragic...sorry to hear about your loss in that fashion FMIF...:hug:

FindingMyInnerFish
July 23rd, 2007, 03:26 PM
That's tragic...sorry to hear about your loss in that fashion FMIF...:hug:

Thanks so much, Rich! One thing I will say... she used to tell me she wanted to go in her sleep, and in that respect I have to think it was the least painful way for her to go. And often I feel her presence still, even three years later.

Slowswim
July 23rd, 2007, 03:59 PM
Though not familiar with his talk show, when I read that he died during hip replacement surgery, I felt for his family--my mom passed away during what was supposed to be minor surgery a few years ago. We'd thought she'd emerge from that surgery and leave the hospital that very day. I can imagine his family would have thought they'd see him through his recovery and weren't prepared for this. Prayers for all concerned!

Same happened to my Father-in-law. Went in for elective Knee surgery so he could bowl better. I saw him in the ER. He was still so drugged that he didn't know where he was and was scared. Went back to sleep and never woke again.

Its a double slam because you think life will be better.