PDA

View Full Version : Possible New Masters Workout Group! (Quincy, MA)

m2tall2
July 25th, 2007, 07:12 AM
So, I've been talking to people again and it looks like they are going to finally try to start a Master's workout group again at the South Shore Y in Quincy. It's not official yet. It looks like it will be a coached morning workout (I recommended 5:30-6:30 since they were looking for time when the pool is quieter but who knows what will really happen) two or three weekdays a week. While they sounded convinced that they are going to do it at some point, I feel they need encouragement to actually put it together for the fall rather than the winter (or later).

If you are interested, please send a comment of interest to someone at the South Shore YMCA. I believe there is an entire list of contacts on the website at ssymca.org.

THANKS!

goodwinjf
August 10th, 2008, 06:24 PM
So what about this Masters Team? Seems to be one per the website. I am looking to get into a Masters program in the area - I live in Dedham so this is not that far, I think :)

Thanks for any advise

John

Brian Stack
August 10th, 2008, 09:25 PM
So what about this Masters Team? Seems to be one per the website. I am looking to get into a Masters program in the area - I live in Dedham so this is not that far, I think :)

Thanks for any advise

John
I hope you get that group going in Quincy. I used to swim with a group at the Dedham High pool, when we visited my wife's family. I think they went four nights a week. Wonder if they are still practicing. Check in on the New England Masters site.

goodwinjf
August 11th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Thanks Brian. There is a triathlete group that works out in Dedham that I am looking into. The other group seems to have disbanded

The Quincy Y will be starting a Masters Team in the Fall. Stephanie Higgins is the Aquatics Director there. Mon/Wed 11:00 lunchtime work outs are being planned initially

John