PDA

View Full Version : Shall We Swim and Dine Again?

The Fortress
July 27th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Seems that many of us are attending Colonies Zones LC Champs on Aug. 18-19. Shall we plan another dinner for Friday or Saturday night? :wine: The Muppets will have to recommend restaurants, as we're swimming at U of Md.

SwimStud
July 27th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Seems that many of us are attending Colonies Zones LC Champs on Aug. 18-19. Shall we plan another dinner for Friday or Saturday night? :wine: The Muppets will have to recommend restaurants, as we're swimming at U of Md.

IN! Hopefully I won't have food poisoning this time...so my humiliation in the water will have no excuse..,.

Swimmy
July 27th, 2007, 01:15 PM
I'm in too! There are lots of local places. Can't wait!
Seeya all soon!
Swimmy
:cheerleader:

imspoiled
July 27th, 2007, 01:21 PM
I'm in for Saturday, but it'll have to be after the 800.

Swimmy-
It just occurred to me, I swam my 1 open water race last weekend. How 'bout hopping in the pool for 1 race? Are you up for the 800 on Sat?

Dana

SwimStud
July 27th, 2007, 01:23 PM

I'll save you a seat ;)

Swimmy
July 27th, 2007, 01:27 PM

Swimmy-
It just occurred to me, I swam my 1 open water race last weekend. How 'bout hopping in the pool for 1 race? Are you up for the 800 on Sat?

Dana

hahaha
Nope, I only do open water not pool races. Besides I will be much too busy handing Stud Muffin all his medals!
Swimmy

imspoiled
July 27th, 2007, 01:27 PM
I'll save you a seat ;)

But wil you buy me a :wine:?

SwimStud
July 27th, 2007, 01:28 PM
But wil you buy me a :wine:?

Maybe...

swimshark
July 27th, 2007, 02:37 PM
I will only be swimming on Sat (just filled out my form a second ago). I'm up for Sat night.

Alison

The Fortress
July 27th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Saturday's good. :wine: Restaurant suggestions? When will the 800 be over? I can wait. I've ditched the fam for the weekend. :bump:

I know Jim Thornton is planning on swimming at zones too.

But is my Draculina Insomniac Twin coming? She said she might!

:bouncing:

Julie Roddin
July 27th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Saturday's good.

Would LOVE to see you guys, but I've got the Iron Girl Triathlon expo/race that weekend with the LUNA Chix. If dinner changes to Friday, count me in! Have fun at the meet and swim FAST!

Julie

swimr4life
July 27th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Saturday's good. :wine: Restaurant suggestions? When will the 800 be over? I can wait. I've ditched the fam for the weekend. :bump:

I know Jim Thornton is planning on swimming at zones too.

But is my Draculina Insomniac Twin coming? She said she might!

:bouncing:

I can't come!!:cry::shakeshead: I'm so disappointed.

My Swim Team's awards banquet is August 18th and I can't miss that! The date is set and can't be changed. I'm so bummed. Maybe next time? Y'all have a blast! :party2:

The Fortress
July 27th, 2007, 05:22 PM

My Swim Team's awards banquet is August 18th and I can't miss that! The date is set and can't be changed. I'm so bummed. Maybe next time? Y'all have a blast! :party2:

Boo. :shakeshead: :cry: Those bad old swim team parents not consulting with their coaches. :mad: But you can't miss it. How did the County Champs go? Team do well? We have our Divisional Champs tomorrow and All-Stars next weekend.

Now, I don't wanna swim the 50 free at zones. I only entered it cuz I thought we might get to hold hands and swim. ;) I hate to admit this twin, but I don't like LC free. I needs walls. :bolt: I think I will be doing the least amount of free of anyone attending the meet. My Sunday mixed relay will bump me up to a whole 1-2 lengths. LOL.

SwimStud
July 27th, 2007, 06:06 PM

Aw Jeez Beth...you're 62.475% of the reason I am going... ;)

ande
July 27th, 2007, 06:52 PM
i'll be there in spirit

ande

swimshark
July 27th, 2007, 08:25 PM

Beth, what team? I swam at Westminster pool this Monday with my sister. I swam for summer league with the Gwinnett Swim League. Back then it was so much smaller.

Alison

The Fortress
July 28th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Uh, Muppets, where're we gonna eat?

Blackbeard's Peg
July 29th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Uh, Muppets, where're we gonna eat?
OKOKOK - we're here, just remember, some of us are busy trying to make sure the rest of you have a good meet. :banana:

We may or may not have a chance to coordinate a "open to the full meet flat fee buffet meet social"-type thing at a local brewpub. Regardless of whether or not that happens (my inclination is that it probably won't happen), I think that'd be the best place. :drink:

Also, as we are also trying to source sponsors for the meet, we may have the opportunity to do something with one of those places.

Since I have way too much other things going on, any restaurant choices will be made by Swimmy and SwimmieAvsFan :cheerleader:

SwimStud
July 30th, 2007, 10:40 AM
I have my form filled out...I just need to write the check and mail it...

Swimmy
July 30th, 2007, 02:19 PM
http://collegeparkmd.areaguides.net/restaurants.html?PGE=search&SRC=are3&C=restaurants&T=College+Park&S=MD&PS=10&MC=1&STYPE=S&F=1&L=College+Park+MD&CP=Food+%26+Dining%5ERestaurants%5E&paging=1&PBL=true&R=A&PI=2&PB=A

Check out the restaurants. What do people feel like eating. Great pizza at Ledo's, Applebees is close, 94th Aero Squadron is nice. No, Stud Muffin, we are not going to Hooters!
Swimmy :)

SwimStud
July 30th, 2007, 02:25 PM
http://collegeparkmd.areaguides.net/restaurants.html?PGE=search&SRC=are3&C=restaurants&T=College+Park&S=MD&PS=10&MC=1&STYPE=S&F=1&L=College+Park+MD&CP=Food+%26+Dining%5ERestaurants%5E&paging=1&PBL=true&R=A&PI=2&PB=A

Check out the restaurants. What do people feel like eating. Great pizza at Ledo's, Applebees is close, 94th Aero Squadron is nice. No, Stud Muffin, we are not going to Hooters!

:eek: what kind of guy do you think I am?
Why would I want to go to hooters when I'll have the company of you and all the rest of USMS Colonies Zone's finest?

Julie Roddin
July 30th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Swimmy

I know I can't make it, but I HIGHLY recommend Ledo's. They have more than just pizza and it is SO yummy! The one in College Park is THE BEST, none of the other locations can compare to the original! I wish I could join you guys, but that weekend is just SO busy for me :(

Enjoy!

Swimmy
July 30th, 2007, 02:59 PM
I know I can't make it, but I HIGHLY recommend Ledo's. They have more than just pizza and it is SO yummy! The one in College Park is THE BEST, none of the other locations can compare to the original! I wish I could join you guys, but that weekend is just SO busy for me :(

Enjoy!
I LOVE Ledo's too! The pizza crust is so good! Sorry you can't come, Julie.

The Fortress
July 30th, 2007, 03:02 PM
:eek: what kind of guy do you think I am?

A guy who's gonna eat pizza.

Sounds great. Do we have any idea when all the odd demented people will finish swimming that odd demented race at the end of day one?

Swimmy
July 30th, 2007, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE=The Fortress;101515]A guy who's gonna eat pizza.

Oh, yeah. That is what I was thinking......

SwimStud
July 30th, 2007, 03:28 PM

Oh, yeah. That is what I was thinking......

I'll want double pizza if I swim 800 on last knockings...

imspoiled
July 30th, 2007, 03:37 PM

Sounds great. Do we have any idea when all the odd demented people will finish swimming that odd demented race at the end of day one?

I can't remember if they seeded slow to fast or fast to slow last year. Either way, I think we're waiting on final entries so Blackbeard/Muppet can give us a time line.

Besides, you know you all want to stay to cheer us demented folks on, or at the very least COUNT for us!

Swimmy--Sounds like I've got Stud talked into doing the long swim with me. We would love to have you join us. I'm sure Muppet can spare you from the awards table for a few minutes. A little chlorine never hurt anyone!:bump: (I just love this new smilie!)

Dana

Swimmy
July 30th, 2007, 03:42 PM
I can't remember if they seeded slow to fast or fast to slow last year. Either way, I think we're waiting on final entries so Blackbeard/Muppet can give us a time line.

Besides, you know you all want to stay to cheer us demented folks on, or at the very least COUNT for us!

Swimmy--Sounds like I've got Stud talked into doing the long swim with me. We would love to have you join us. I'm sure Muppet can spare you from the awards table for a few minutes. A little chlorine never hurt anyone!:bump: (I just love this new smilie!)

Dana

Somebody has to hold the pompoms! It is a very important job! I don't want them getting wet!

SwimStud
July 30th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Somebody has to hold the pompoms! It is a very important job! I don't want them getting wet!

ROFLAMO!
:rofl:

geochuck
July 31st, 2007, 10:59 AM
If I am going to dine out this is where I want to go. The entre is only $4.25 and is out of this world, have a look at their menue. http://www.japadog.com/en/index.html

swimshark
July 31st, 2007, 02:12 PM
I love Ledo's crust! Is the Ledo's near there big enough to fit us all? The one near me is pretty much take-out only.

What is the 94th Aero Squadron?

Alison

Swimmy
July 31st, 2007, 03:03 PM
I love Ledo's crust! Is the Ledo's near there big enough to fit us all? The one near me is pretty much take-out only.

Alison

This is the info about 94th Aero Squadron.
http://www.restaurant.com/microsite.asp?rid=320234&rpid=3670
I have not been to the Ledo's in a long time. It is a restaurant, but I can't remember how big it is. This is the original Ledo's.
Muppets? What do you think about restaurants?

Julie Roddin
July 31st, 2007, 03:04 PM

Alison

Yeah, the one in College Park is the original Ledo's and has a good size restaurant. I grew up not too far from this one and would go all the time as a kid. I'm definitely a Marylander at heart even thought I've lived in VA since college. I'm looking at my schedule and think that maybe I could stop in for a little bit. I'll let you know!

Julie

swimshark
July 31st, 2007, 03:52 PM
The 94th Aero Squadron looks neat! I love the decorations (this coming from being married to a former Navy pilot)

Alison

The Fortress
July 31st, 2007, 03:59 PM
Yeah, the one in College Park is the original Ledo's and has a good size restaurant. I grew up not too far from this one and would go all the time as a kid. I'm definitely a Marylander at heart even thought I've lived in VA since college. I'm looking at my schedule and think that maybe I could stop in for a little bit. I'll let you know!

Julie

Listen Tri-fox, you can come and then we can discuss how much slower I am in the 100 back than you! (Congrats on your top tens, BTW!) And we will listen with empathy to your tri aches and pains .... if you bring baby Luna bars.

SwimStud
July 31st, 2007, 04:04 PM
The 94th Aero Squadron looks neat! I love the decorations (this coming from being married to a former Navy pilot)

Alison

we can all wear our goggles and make pretend we're flying in bi-planes by sitting one behind the other....

imspoiled
July 31st, 2007, 04:07 PM
we can all wear our goggles and make pretend we're flying in bi-planes by sitting one behind the other....

Ummm, Pizza is sounding really good after that comment.:bolt:

Swimmy
July 31st, 2007, 05:51 PM

I don't know if we can trust you there....maybe we better go for pizza.
Swimmy

So who is coming so far....
Swimmy
Diana
Muppets
Stud Muffin
Dana
Swimshark
Fortress
Julie
Anyone else coming for Zone who is not scared to eat with us?

aquageek
August 1st, 2007, 05:42 PM
I was all ready to make a guest appearance at your meet and shut Stud up once and for all. My girls are headed to DC for that weekend to see some friends so I said I'd tag along and stay in College Park. This has been soundly vetoed, to the point of shrieking and crying. So, maybe another time.

The Fortress
August 1st, 2007, 05:50 PM
I was all ready to make a guest appearance at your meet and shut Stud up once and for all. My girls are headed to DC for that weekend to see some friends so I said I'd tag along and stay in College Park. This has been soundly vetoed, to the point of shrieking and crying. So, maybe another time.

Too bad! You and Muppet could have faced off in the 400 free too ...

Yeah, kids never want their parents around when friends are involved. We're such a bloody embarassment.

Swimmy:

Jim Thornton told me he doesn't think he can make it to zones b/c he's too busy writing another entertaining article for our reading pleasure. It's possible a couple of my teammates might come. Almost lured Barb & Wally to the last extravaganza ... It's all about procuring babysitting ...

SwimStud
August 1st, 2007, 06:29 PM
Too bad! You and Muppet could have faced off in the 400 free too ...

Yeah, kids never want their parents around when friends are involved. We're such a bloody embarassment.

Swimmy:

Jim Thornton told me he doesn't think he can make it to zones b/c he's too busy writing another entertaining article for our reading pleasure. It's possible a couple of my teammates might come. Almost lured Barb & Wally to the last extravaganza ... It's all about procuring babysitting ...

Well I'll be letting my CT chums know...I'm sure we can squeeze around a table anyhow.

Ah well Geek guess you'll have to wait until Austin for that...gives me another year to aggravate you porpoerly though... :D

I'm not sitting next to that "gassy" Alison though ;)

aquageek
August 1st, 2007, 07:03 PM

The worst part of it is my wife was the ringleader.

swimshark
August 2nd, 2007, 08:20 AM

LOL!!!

Alison

swimshark
August 2nd, 2007, 08:21 AM
I'm not sitting next to that "gassy" Alison though ;)

Oh....I'll be sure to snuggle up against you now :)

Alison

The Fortress
August 15th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Bump. I see the meet ends a little before 5:00 on Sat. What time shall we depart for Ledos? How long will it take Stud to coif the highlights after the 800 free?

I see some folks are swimming off events. Really looking forward to Jeff Roddin swimming BR. :rolleyes: I also want to see Imspoiled's entire FS collection!

Julie is definitely joining us and swimming the 200 back and 800 free. :whiteflag: Sadly, it appears that Geek, as he promised, is not in attendance.

imspoiled
August 16th, 2007, 10:27 AM
I noticed that Jeff Roddin is not the only person swimming Breaststroke at the meet...

Event 10 Mixed 50 LC Meter Breaststroke

29 Livingston, Leslie 46 GMUP 44.00

Does anyone know if the 800 is swimming fastest-slowest or slowest-fastest?

The Fortress
August 16th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Mini-Fort dared me. I must confess that I also swam the 50 BR in yards once when I was 44. Plus, Rich and I have a grudge race on. :lolup: Combined 50 BR and 50 fly times. Winner buys drinks at Ledos.

imspoiled
August 16th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Ok, so Stud is having ALL the ladies buy??? Told him I would buy if he swam the 800, outside the grudge matches going on.

Quite a racket he's got going, huh?:notworthy:

SwimStud
August 16th, 2007, 10:46 AM
I'm sure I read that the heats for the 800 run fast to slow...

They want everyone to be able to watch my effort without worrying about missing their own heat!

I'm just going to stay in the pool until sunday !

Enough trash talk you two...I don't find it funny...

:thhbbb:

The Fortress
August 16th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Ok, so Stud is having ALL the ladies buy???

I have no plans whatsoever to buy him drinks.

imspoiled
August 16th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Actually Stud, I was admiring your ability to get the ladies to part with the cash. Although, from Fort's last post, it sounds like she's a tease. (Just kidding Fort. I know it's that you'd never let a guy beat you!:cheerleader:Go girl!)

Swimmy
August 16th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Here is a map to the restaurant....
http://www.yellowpages.com/more-info-1019304264/Ledo-Restaurant/maps
Can't wait to see everyone again!
Swimmy

SwimStud
August 16th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Actually Stud, I was admiring your ability to get the ladies to part with the cash. Although, from Fort's last post, it sounds like she's a tease. (Just kidding Fort. I know it's that you'd never let a guy beat you!:cheerleader:Go girl!)

Girls: rememer not to wear mascara...it's never good streaking down your cheeks...:mooning:

aquageek
August 16th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Girls: rememer not to wear mascara...it's never good streaking down your cheeks...:mooning:

When you put stuff out there like this, it's like putting Fabio in the middle of the room at a cougar convention during happy hour. Please stop, the temptation is too much.

The Fortress
August 16th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Here is a map to the restaurant....
http://www.yellowpages.com/more-info-1019304264/Ledo-Restaurant/maps
Can't wait to see everyone again!
Swimmy

A good meet host would provide coffee for the masses. ;)

Swimmy
August 16th, 2007, 12:39 PM
A good meet host would provide coffee for the masses. ;)

I am just a slave. You need to take that up with the big kahuna. I will gladly sneak you out whatever you want. We will set up a lookout.....You trying to get me fired?

The Fortress
August 16th, 2007, 12:41 PM
I am just a slave. You need to take that up with the big kahuna. I will gladly sneak you out whatever you want. We will set up a lookout.....You trying to get me fired?

It's a plan. I'll come sneak coffee at 3:00 pm when I'm usually fading. :rofl:

Somehow I don't think they will fire loyal volunteers!

Peg? I"d trade medals for coffee ...

swimshark
August 16th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Fort, guess we'll be doing the evilstroke together! I'll give you the race since my breast is so bad with my wrist now.

See you all Sat.

Alison

The Fortress
August 16th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Fort, guess we'll be doing the evilstroke together! I'll give you the race since my breast is so bad with my wrist now.

See you all Sat.

Alison

I don't know about that. You evilstroke looked pretty snazzy last time I saw it! I'm bringing Biofreeze, if you want any for the wrist. Do you need to tape it or anything?!

Blackbeard's Peg
August 17th, 2007, 12:53 AM
Does anyone know if the 800 is swimming fastest-slowest or slowest-fastest?

fast to slow:dedhorse:

swimshark
August 17th, 2007, 07:39 AM
I don't know about that. You evilstroke looked pretty snazzy last time I saw it! I'm bringing Biofreeze, if you want any for the wrist. Do you need to tape it or anything?!

Hm, biofreeze, that might do the trick. I have tape, thanks. I should have bought stock in Johnson and Johnson when this started. I've gone through many, many rolls of tape. Only 3 more tapes and then the surgery :)

Alison

SwimStud
August 17th, 2007, 07:46 AM
fast to slow:dedhorse:
[/left]

or as we prefer to think about it...building the anticitaption for my appearance for the finale!
/bow

swimr4life
August 17th, 2007, 11:29 AM
GOOD LUCK to all of you swimming this weekend! I wish I could come. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Swimmy
August 18th, 2007, 09:28 PM
As always a good time was had by all. It was great to see everyone again!
Swimmy

scyfreestyler
August 18th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Is it too late to RSVP?

Swimmy
August 18th, 2007, 09:36 PM
You will have to come next year. When you don't show up we just talk about you.....

scyfreestyler
August 18th, 2007, 09:37 PM
You will have to come next year. When you don't show up we just talk about you.....

Ha! No doubt there was some interesting forum related conversation. :D

The Fortress
August 18th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Ha! No doubt there was some interesting forum related conversation. :D

We did observe that it appeared I was not the only forum member tapering. ;)

Great time guys! Everyone swam very well.

scyfreestyler
August 18th, 2007, 09:57 PM
We did observe that it appeared I was not the only forum member tapering. ;)

Very nice! :p

swimshark
August 19th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Fun was had by all! Good call on Ledo's Muppets. And of course, the Swimmy :cheerleader: we're awesome.

Alison

Swimmy
August 19th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Swimshark,
Glad you could come out and eat with us this time.

Muppet,
Great job organizing a fun meet! You are meet director extraordinaire!

Imspoiled,
Congrats on your team award and all of your other medals!

Fort,
As always great to see you! Good job with your taper!

Studmuffin,
Glad the magic pompoms helped you! Hope you did not choke on too much water!:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Ensignada,
Great job! Congrats on your medal!

Mollie,
Great swimming! Rah Rah!

DianaC,
You go girl, great job!

Jroddin,
Amazing swimming. Glad you could come to dinner with us.

Happy Laps!

The Fortress
August 19th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks to Swimmy too -- the best volunteer EVAR!

I'll put up a few pics next week. Right now, I'm goin' on vaca! :cheerleader::wave:

Swimmy
August 19th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Thanks to Swimmy too -- the best volunteer EVAR!

I'll put up a few pics next week. Right now, I'm goin' on vaca! :cheerleader::wave:

Thanks, Fort! You just say that because I kept you well caffeinated!:coffee:
Swimmy

SwimStud
August 19th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Great people...great meet...well worth the 8 hours in the car getting home..

Love you guys!!I'm going into my hottub soon with a YUengling's!
:whiteflag::bouncing:
I saw some awesome pom-pom waving...

Swimmy
August 19th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Great peolple...great meet...well worth the 8 hours in the ca getting home..

Thanks, Studmuffin! Glad you got home safe.
I think the Studmuffinettes are ready to turn professional!
:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

scyfreestyler
August 19th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Great people...great meet...well worth the 8 hours in the car getting home..
Dedication!!!

SwimStud
August 19th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Dedication!!!

Well kids didn't misbheave; the dog didn't barf and my wife didn't yell at me--a trifecta...I drove the whole trip home too.

ensignada
August 19th, 2007, 10:31 PM

You can call my swimming slow, tectonic or glacial, but please, don't call me a "studmuffinette"....I do have some pride, you know.

swimshark
August 20th, 2007, 07:51 AM
Well kids didn't misbheave; the dog didn't barf and my wife didn't yell at me--a trifecta...I drove the whole trip home too.

Wow, you drove home after all that swimming? That deserves a medal. Or at least another :cheerleader:

Hm, what shoul dus pom pom girls call ourselves? The stud crew sounds a bit too.... male for me.

Barbara, congrats on the medal. How awesome for a first meet EVER.

Alison

SwimStud
August 20th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Wow, you drove home after all that swimming? That deserves a medal. Or at least another :cheerleader:

Hm, what shoul dus pom pom girls call ourselves? The stud crew sounds a bit too.... male for me.

Alison

I thought "Studtourage" was funny! I'll just call you my "Inspiration"...you guys really did help my 200 BR...I had to make an effort to look good and finish strong because of the attention drawn to my lane. You know it's bad when the officials recognise you the next day...:doh::rofl:

imspoiled
August 20th, 2007, 09:07 AM

Alison

I think the "Pom-pom Girls" is perfect. Like Barb, I don't want to be typecast as a "muffinette". It's a turn-off for the Spanish speaking gang crew. We wouldn't want to turn away future USMS members, especially if they may be packing heat!

Great job to everyone who swam and/or volunteered at the meet!

Alison (SwimShark)- I look forward to an apres-surgery rematch in the 200 free next year.

Barb- Your swimming is not glacial! Fantasic first meet.

Stud- My 800 freestyle buddy. Thank you, you're a good sport. Oh, and it get's easier every time, so maybe we can do it again--the 800.

Mollie- I made it home ok. Just a minor case of road rage and a major migraine.

Dana

aquageek
August 20th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Ugh, all this post coital glow is almost as bad as the dia del forum muerte.

When will the videos be posted? That is really what all of us want to see.

ensignada
August 20th, 2007, 09:22 AM
I wondered how you did getting home, Dana - we at least were able to hop off south of the Del Mem and back road it home. The 95 experience just looked n.a.s.t.y. :frustrated:

SwimStud
August 20th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Stud- My 800 freestyle buddy. Thank you, you're a good sport. Oh, and it get's easier every time, so maybe we can do it again--the 800.
Dana

Ay Mammy! My medal collection thanks you for making me swim it...hey who knew how wonderful my turns would be...
PS the 100 FR got me a PB converted to 2 secs off my 100 SCY time.

We'll keep 100FR as a standing grudge race across all courses Dana.

Geek I don't think we have any Video. Our official photographer is away and won't have any indecent snaps to post just yet either...

imspoiled
August 20th, 2007, 10:07 AM

You're just jealous, Geek. If you don't want to know what happened at the meet, or after, then just skip this thread.

ensignada
August 20th, 2007, 10:30 AM
deleted

SwimStud
August 20th, 2007, 10:37 AM
deleted

:cry:

I must say though, that pizza was very good...

Julie Roddin
August 20th, 2007, 12:23 PM

The pom poms were awesome...THANK YOU!!! I hardly had a chance to say "HI" to anyone before jumping in for the 200 back and seeing you guys cheering at the end of my lane definitely helped SO much! I don't think I would have swum as fast as I did if you guys weren't there! Sorry I missed dinner at Ledo's on Saturday but I did enjoy half of a small Ledo's pizza last night thanks to Jeff R :)

See you all at the next meet!

Julie

</IMG></IMG></IMG>

Swimmy
August 20th, 2007, 07:05 PM
The pom poms were awesome...THANK YOU!!! I hardly had a chance to say "HI" to anyone before jumping in for the 200 back and seeing you guys cheering at the end of my lane definitely helped SO much! I don't think I would have swum as fast as I did if you guys weren't there! Sorry I missed dinner at Ledo's on Saturday but I did enjoy half of a small Ledo's pizza last night thanks to Jeff R :)

See you all at the next meet!

Julie

</IMG></IMG></IMG>
I was not sure you saw us, because I did not get to see you afterwards. You did not pick up your medals. We missed you at dinner!
Swimmy

Swimmy
August 20th, 2007, 07:06 PM
You're just jealous, Geek. If you don't want to know what happened at the meet, or after, then just skip this thread.

I think the pom pom girls need to go cheer for Geek! Roadtrip!

scyfreestyler
August 20th, 2007, 07:29 PM
I think the pom pom girls need to go cheer for Geek! Roadtrip!

I am sure if he had been there he would have been one of those annoying people timing their cheers with the pull cycle of a swimmers breaststroke. Maybe even for Stud. :)

So by all means...attend his next meet.

Allen Stark
August 20th, 2007, 08:48 PM
How did Y'all do? The meet results aren't up yet as far as I can see and I want to :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:Y'all .

The Fortress
August 20th, 2007, 08:50 PM

Well, I like the diss better in Spanish, to be sure. But, alas, it appears that the forum has gotten more people swimming recently, not less ... our former videographer for instance ...

But when is the next bulffet? Sprint Classic at Halloween or NJ in December? (Not sure I can go to the latter; you may have to carry on without me)

Allen: Muppet has the meet results up at www.terrapinmasters.org (http://www.terrapinmasters.org)! The meet was really well run thanks to Muppet/Peg and SwimmieAvsFan.

SwimStud
August 20th, 2007, 10:56 PM
But when is the next bulffet? Sprint Classic at Halloween or NJ in December? (Not sure I can go to the latter; you may have to carry on without me)

Halloween in Virgina Christmas in NJ. Fortress you'll be in NJ if I have to drive in a NASA diaper and "collect" you using duct tape and surgical tubing...

imspoiled
August 21st, 2007, 09:11 AM
Halloween in Virgina Christmas in NJ. Fortress you'll be in NJ if I have to drive in a NASA diaper and "collect" you using duct tape and surgical tubing...

Now that is something I'd like to see on videotape!:rofl:

aquageek
August 21st, 2007, 09:31 AM
But when is the next bulffet? Sprint Classic at Halloween

Is there a link to the Sprint Classic?

SwimStud
August 21st, 2007, 09:32 AM
Is there a link to the Sprint Classic?

Yup placed in the Colonies Zone section Geek. I pasted it yesterday in response to Warren. I'll be looking for a roommate to defer the costs...unless you have Matt has penciled in already...

3strokes
August 21st, 2007, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by SwimStud http://forums.usms.org/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.usms.org/showthread.php?p=104033#post104033)

Now that is something I'd like to see on videotape!:rofl:

Which: Swimstud driving in a diaper or the "collection/abduction" of Fortress or both?

aquageek
August 21st, 2007, 10:12 AM
That looks like a very fun meet. Not sure if it's worth the 13 hours of driving it would require just to humiliate Stud in person.

SwimStud
August 21st, 2007, 10:18 AM
That looks like a very fun meet. Not sure if it's worth the 13 hours of driving it would require just to humiliate Stud in person.

BRING IT.....

The Fortress
August 21st, 2007, 10:31 AM
The Sprint Classic is a fabulous meet! Nothing over a 200 free though, Geek. It's a nice way to start off the SCY season and everyone loves the 25s.

No NASA diaper or duct tape please! Last December, I was just booked every weekend with various kids' meets. What weekend is SCM Zones?

SwimStud
August 21st, 2007, 10:38 AM
What weekend is SCM Zones?
You'll know when Speedo Santa is spotted outside your house...

Can't wait; even I look fast over 25yards!

aquageek
August 21st, 2007, 10:47 AM
I note that is the same weekend as the Marine Corps Marathon. Would that pose lodging and or travel difficulties? How far is Fairfax from the race?

The Fortress
August 21st, 2007, 10:48 AM
GeeK:

Do you know when Dixie Zones are next year? I had a teammate that went to that meet this year at Auburn and loved it. We were possibly thinking road trip this year if it didn't aggravate our families too unduly ... Is it at Auburn again or is it too early to know?

The Fortress
August 21st, 2007, 10:54 AM
I note that is the same weekend as the Marine Corps Marathon. Would that pose lodging and or travel difficulties? How far is Fairfax from the race?

The marathon is in DC -- nowhere near Fairfax/GMU. Fairfax is out in the burbs, although the traffic can be nasty.

aquageek
August 21st, 2007, 11:02 AM
GeeK:

Do you know when Dixie Zones are next year? I had a teammate that went to that meet this year at Auburn and loved it. We were possibly thinking road trip this year if it didn't aggravate our families too unduly ... Is it at Auburn again or is it too early to know?

Don't know when or where Dixie Zones are in 2008. If you want a great meet that will generally be closer to you, come to the Sunbelt meet in Charlotte, which is normally the last weekend of January. It is usually well attended (around 150 swimmers), a super pool, and the home of Gull's trail of tears.

Paul Smith
August 21st, 2007, 11:12 AM
When all you "kids" are ready to "graduate" to the big leagues...venture out west to the Long Beach meet November 30-December 2 for a taste of some real competition! :groovy:

SwimStud
August 21st, 2007, 11:13 AM
When all you "kids" are ready to "graduate" to the big leagues...venture out west to the Long Beach meet November 30-December 2 for a taste of some real competition! :groovy:
Dad, are you paying for travel and lodging???

scyfreestyler
August 21st, 2007, 11:14 AM

By big leagues do you mean college alumni teams? ;)

aquageek
August 21st, 2007, 11:16 AM

Listen here, Chickenweed, we all know all things good sportswise originate from the East. What's the entry requirement at Long Beach - a bong?

Paul Smith
August 21st, 2007, 11:23 AM
Listen here, Chickenweed, we all know all things good sportswise originate from the East. What's the entry requirement at Long Beach - a bong?

Actually they let old has been wanna be triathletes riding granny bikes with their camelbacks on backwords enter for free...so you should be good to go! :thhbbb:

The Fortress
August 21st, 2007, 11:33 AM
Dad, are you paying for travel and lodging???

Too frickin far!! Can't be ditching the kids 24/7. Some of us have more than dogs to take care of big Paul! We aren't all "professional" masters swimmers. :thhbbb:

Paul Smith
August 21st, 2007, 11:42 AM
Too frickin far!! Can't be ditching the kids 24/7. Some of us have more than dogs to take care of big Paul! We aren't all "professional" masters swimmers. :thhbbb:

I define "professional" as anyone who swims more than 10k a week, averages more than 1 post a day on this forum and has visited any of the following in the past 30 days; chiropractor, PT, nutritionist, acupuncturist or shoulder specialist....or owns a bike worth more than $5000!

By the way...airfares via Southwest make this trip more affordable than most road trips anyway.

All these excuses....I sense fear! :violin:

aquageek
August 21st, 2007, 11:49 AM

I'm a firm believer that dogs are harder than kids to take care of.

Whew - I don't qualify as a professional, not even the bike qualifies me. Now, if you had used "or" instead of "and" I would have qualified.

Smith - You and Yao Ming should go in on a bike together and share it. It would take an entire carbon fiber factory a week or so to make something that big.

ALM
August 21st, 2007, 12:05 PM

I"m sorry, but the best meet that weekend will be our Missouri Valley SCM meet at the beautiful new aquatic center at the University of Missouri in Columbia. Talk about a fast pool - it's where I saw Michael Phelps break his 200 Fly WR last February, unshaven and untapered. :cheerleader:

Anna Lea

Paul Smith
August 21st, 2007, 12:44 PM
I"m sorry, but the best meet that weekend will be our Missouri Valley SCM meet at the beautiful new aquatic center at the University of Missouri in Columbia. Talk about a fast pool - it's where I saw Michael Phelps break his 200 Fly WR last February, unshaven and untapered. :cheerleader:

Anna Lea

I say we get Mr. Gill and the folks from the Championship committee to help us revisit the attempts that were made to host a virtual national championship SCM series of meets.....maybe we make it 3, 4 or 5 way meet between the various regional meets....then we can really see who owns bragging rights to the fastest meet in the country!? :dedhorse:

swimshark
August 21st, 2007, 01:50 PM
I think the "Pom-pom Girls" is perfect. Like Barb, I don't want to be typecast as a "muffinette". It's a turn-off for the Spanish speaking gang crew. We wouldn't want to turn away future USMS members, especially if they may be packing heat!

I can deal with Pom Pom girls. Although shortened, it's PP Girls. Not sure if that fits :) Dana, did you get any more offers on your way back to your car?

Great meet Muppet.

How did we all do on Sunday? Stud, did I read that you got a PB in the 100 free? Awesome. Dana, we're on for the 200 free next year. I'll even add in the 800 for a measure of even-ness. Ah, 2 days until surgery. I'm ready to be fixed up.

Alison

SwimStud
August 21st, 2007, 01:53 PM
I can deal with Pom Pom girls. Although shortened, it's PP Girls. Not sure if that fits :) Dana, did you get any more offers on your way back to your car?

Great meet Muppet.

How did we all do on Sunday? Stud, did I read that you got a PB in the 100 free? Awesome. Dana, we're on for the 200 free next year. I'll even add in the 800 for a measure of even-ness. Ah, 2 days until surgery. I'm ready to be fixed up.

Alison

Yes Alison. No medal but it was good time for me. PB in LCM and on SCM & SCY (=1:05.xx) conversion too.
Hey good luck with your wrist and the recovery...no finger waggin' at Mr Shark with the left for a while!!

swimshark
August 21st, 2007, 02:18 PM
Yes Alison. No medal but it was good time for me. PB in LCM and on SCM & SCY (=1:05.xx) conversion too.
Hey good luck with your wrist and the recovery...no finger waggin' at Mr Shark with the left for a while!!

Congrats on the PB.

I'm sure Mr. Shark will be happy knowing I've been told ot lay off the finger wagging with the left hand.

Alison

imspoiled
August 21st, 2007, 02:42 PM

Alison

Thankfully, no. Barb saw me safely back to my hotel.
I'm not sure adding the 800 makes things more even. It just makes them longer!

Good luck with the surgery. Take it easy and enjoy the break!

Dana

swimshark
August 21st, 2007, 03:08 PM
Thankfully, no. Barb saw me safely back to my hotel.
I'm not sure adding the 800 makes things more even. It just makes them longer!

Good luck with the surgery. Take it easy and enjoy the break!

Dana

Based on your quote we should have a bet going over the 200 and 800 free for twizzlers. I love twizzlers. Strawberry only, though.

You mean you didn't even get any money offers to cover the cost of pizza? Cheap people there in College Park! :D

Glad you and Barb made it home safe.

Alison

newmastersswimmer
August 21st, 2007, 06:40 PM
Actually they let old has been wanna be triathletes riding granny bikes with their camelbacks on backwords enter for free...so you should be good to go! :thhbbb:

ROFL!! :rofl: I guess I'm going to have to travel all the way across the state of TN to Charlotte now in January so that I can try my best to stack up against the Geek.....It is a little unfair actually since I'm considerabley older than him though LOL!

ensignada
August 21st, 2007, 07:41 PM
I just have to add this: My 7 year old daughter met SwimStud at the meet. I hadn't mentioned his accent. When we walked away, she turned to me and whispered, "Mommy, he sounds just like Christopher Robin!" :lmao:

Swimmy
August 21st, 2007, 08:36 PM
I just have to add this: My 7 year old daughter met SwimStud at the meet. I hadn't mentioned his accent. When we walked away, she turned to me and whispered, "Mommy, he sounds just like Christopher Robin!" :lmao:

:lolup:
Too Funny! I guess it could be worse, Studmuffin. You could sound like Eeyore or Winnie the Pooh.
Swimmy

SwimStud
August 21st, 2007, 08:39 PM

That's it...a loudhailer is defnitely coming to the next meet.

Swimmy
August 21st, 2007, 08:48 PM

Loudhailer.....huh?
I think your new theme song will be Winnie the Pooh! I can't wait for the next meet!

Winnie-the-Pooh,
Winnie-the-Pooh,
Tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff.
He's Winnie-the-Pooh.
Winnie-the-Pooh.
Willy, nilly, silly, old bear

I bet you wish I did not teach Kindergarten.....

Swimmy :cheerleader:

ensignada
August 21st, 2007, 11:00 PM

But SS, she said it with such big, earnest eyes- like you were something extraordinary. It was really sweet.

poolraat
August 21st, 2007, 11:18 PM
:rofl::lmao:

SwimStud
August 22nd, 2007, 07:57 AM
But SS, she said it with such big, earnest eyes- like you were something extraordinary. It was really sweet.

I am something extraordinary....

;)

swimshark
August 22nd, 2007, 08:05 AM
I am something extraordinary....

;)

We just won't say on a public forum what that something is...

Alison

The Fortress
August 26th, 2007, 10:01 AM
I put some non-extraordinary pics from zones on my flickr album. (Couldn't find the charger to the good camera with telephoto lens.) But you can see the Pom Pom girls in all their glory. :cheerleader:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7903403@N05/?saved=1

Allen Stark
August 26th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Great pics.Thanks,it's good to see what Y'all look like. Also Fort,you have a beautiful family.

The Fortress
August 26th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Thanks Allen!

I also added one of Rich gasping for breath after the 200 BR so everyone knows what a dreadful event that is. Unfortunately, forgot to bring the camera in to dinner at Ledo's ...

Sam Perry
August 26th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Thanks Allen!

I also added one of Rich gasping for breath after the 200 BR so everyone knows what a dreadful event that is. Unfortunately, forgot to bring the camera in to dinner at Ledo's ...

As if I didn't know that already. Last time I swam it, I felt like I needed a counter.

Allen Stark
August 26th, 2007, 12:49 PM
The 200 BR is a hard event.:dedhorse:I don't like it and I'm good at it.:2cents:As I say,when I swim a 50 or a 100 BR if I do well I feel good,If I do poorly I feel bad.When I swim a 200 BR if I swim well I feel tired,If I swim poorly I feel tired.:doh:

SwimStud
August 26th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Thanks Allen!

It hurt like heck.
Backstory: As I approached to the wall for my first 50 I was aware of being cheered, which is great. Then as I actually reached the wall I could see all the girls were actually waving pom poms (I was the first "victim" of the day). I struggled not to inhale aqua on the pullout b/c I was giggling. Then In the last 50 I was dying but felt the entire pool watching my lane because of the hoopla of the pom-poms so I felt like had to swim like fury and it HURT! I'm sure it was worth 2 seconds!

...but I had enough left to clench my fist for going under 3:30 and shaving 7 secs off the last effort, which I still feel is a feat!

The Fortress
August 26th, 2007, 03:28 PM
It hurt like heck.
Backstory: As I approached to the wall for my first 50 I was aware of being cheered, which is great. Then as I actually reached the wall I could see all the girls were actually waving pom poms (I was the first "victim" of the day). I struggled not to inhale aqua on the pullout b/c I was giggling. Then In the last 50 I was dying but felt the entire pool watching my lane because of the hoopla of the pom-poms so I felt like had to swim like fury and it HURT! I'm sure it was worth 2 seconds!

...but I had enough left to clench my fist for going under 3:30 and shaving 7 secs off the last effort, which I still feel is a feat!

You should really stick to the 50 BR like me. I wouldn't let myself be conned into some distance event by a guy. :thhbbb:

Did Mollie and Jeff say we definitely are NOT having our SCM meet at U of Md in December?

SwimStud
August 26th, 2007, 03:46 PM
You should really stick to the 50 BR like me. I wouldn't let myself be conned into some distance event by a guy. :thhbbb:

Did Mollie and Jeff say we definitely are NOT having our SCM meet at U of Md in December?

Yes but I have "heroic" tendencies Fort...hence the 200BR and 800 FR in one day...

No idea about SCM...

Swimmy
August 26th, 2007, 07:51 PM
It hurt like heck.

:cheerleader::cheerleader:
hahaha!
It was great! You were a great victim of the pompom girls! The judges loved you!
Swimmy

ensignada
August 27th, 2007, 10:20 AM
:thhbbb:

I thought Dana said Colony SCM was in central Jersey in December?

The Fortress
August 27th, 2007, 10:23 AM

The Colonies SCM zones is in NJ. But last year we had a two day SCM meet in Dec. at U of Md. It was one of only two local SCM meets (the other one is the Albatross Meet in April). If we don't have the Dec. meet, my SCM season might be over. :sad: Unless I can somehow get to the NJ meet. I just expect conflicts.

I also just found out that, due to construction delays (what a surprise), the GMU pool is closed until mid-October. I hope it doesn't get further delayed since the Sprint Classic is at the end of the month!

ensignada
August 27th, 2007, 10:32 AM
The Colonies SCM zones is in NJ. But last year we had a two day SCM meet in Dec. at U of Md. It was one of only two local SCM meets (the other one is the Albatross Meet in April). If we don't have the Dec. meet, my SCM season might be over. :sad: Unless I can somehow get to the NJ meet. I just expect conflicts.

I also just found out that, due to construction delays (what a surprise), the GMU pool is closed until mid-October. I hope it doesn't get further delayed since the Sprint Classic is at the end of the month!

If meets are typically annual (?), then there's an SCM meet in Feb about 5 min from my house.

The Fortress
August 27th, 2007, 10:37 AM
If meets are typically annual (?), then there's an SCM meet in Feb about 5 min from my house.

I don't know if they're annual ... For university pools, it all depends on whether they can get pool time.

Where's your meet? I'm a pool snob. I go to so few meets, I picky about pools. I was really hoping to get a SCM meet in before the end of the year ... But Feb. sounds good too. I don't usually swim in any meets between Dec. and April. I'm already itching for another one though ...

SwimStud
August 27th, 2007, 10:44 AM
I'm already itching for another one though ...

Careful you might lose your crown after I implement my secret trainin strategy...
:banana:

slknight
August 27th, 2007, 11:26 AM
There's always the New England SCM Championships at Boston University. It's 12/14-12/16. :applaud:

imspoiled
August 27th, 2007, 11:35 AM

Barb- if you're talking about the Phoenixville Y meet, the YES, it is held annually. It's a good meet too. Well run, and the 400 free is usually held first with a warm-up to follow, so if you don't swim the long stuff you can show up late!:coffee:

Dana

SwimStud
August 27th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Barb- if you're talking about the Phoenixville Y meet, the YES, it is held annually. It's a good meet too. Well run, and the 400 free is usually held first with a warm-up to follow, so if you don't swim the long stuff you can show up late!:coffee:

Dana

IN!

aquageek
August 27th, 2007, 11:45 AM
I just noticed the picture below on Fort's photo album. That's comedy genius. If I ever become a double arm and leg amputee I look forward to getting into Stud's heat and taking my revenge.

SwimStud
August 27th, 2007, 11:48 AM
I just noticed the picture below on Fort's photo album. That's comedy genius. If I ever become a double arm and leg amputee I look forward to getting into Stud's heat and taking my revenge.

Yikes with your flapping gums you're bound to win...

:D

I stayed up all night inking that sucker!

Slowswim
August 27th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Fort:

Thanks for the photos. I was looking at them thinking, "they do appear as super human as I imagined, I should be able to do this.":Lurking:

Then I saw SS gasping for air and its, " holy:censor:, I need to train harder.":notworthy:

Good news, I'm supposed to live to 82. So given a little more time, I'll be there. Just wait for my Nats debut in 2044. Watch out 80-84 year olds, I'm coming!

SwimStud
August 27th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Fort:

Thanks for the photos. I was looking at them thinking, "they do appear as super human as I imagined, I should be able to do this.":Lurking:

Then I saw SS gasping for air and its, " holy:censor:, I need to train harder.":notworthy:

Good news, I'm supposed to live to 82. So given a little more time, I'll be there. Just wait for my Nats debut in 2044. Watch out 80-84 year olds, I'm coming!

SlowSwim, when I think about how hard it ws and how I felt after. I'm just so further in awe of those 2:20 200BR swims in the Olympics...OMG!

Slowswim
August 27th, 2007, 01:11 PM
SlowSwim, when I think about how hard it ws and how I felt after. I'm just so further in awe of those 2:20 200BR swims in the Olympics...OMG!

I love watching them! :bow: As far as I'm concerned, y'all's time are equally epic.

I just wish there were more underwater shots so I could learn something.

It's like ever time my e-coach tells me to work on something, two things happen: a) I have more question after than before I started, and b) I learn just a little more how far I have to go to catch up to y'all that swam as kids and competitively in school.

I'll join y'all on the blocks one day.:cane: What would you say a good "Middle of the Pack" swim time would be (if that equates)? No Fly, don't know how.
</IMG></IMG>

SwimStud
August 27th, 2007, 01:14 PM
What would you say a good "Middle of the Pack" swim time would be (if that equates)? No Fly, don't know how.
</IMG></IMG>

ummm...somewhere infront of me...

TRYM_Swimmer
August 27th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Fort:

Good news, I'm supposed to live to 82. So given a little more time, I'll be there. Just wait for my Nats debut in 2044.

I'll be resting that year, waiting to age up into 100-104. (By the way, I plan on living until 2059 for the 300th anniversary of Guiness Stout)

Blackbeard's Peg
August 27th, 2007, 01:18 PM

No, "we" didn't say that.

**I don't know that anyone has been officially awarded SCM Zones yet this year,** but Fort said it correct. Although the UMD facility is not run by the athletic department (Campus Recreation Services is a separate, student-run entity), we're still at the mercy of the Varsity team's schedule, as they are the facility's primary client. There's a reason it was called the Turtle & the Blue Moon, since for all we know that could be the first and only. ;) At the moment, we have no idea.

And speaking of construction at university pools, Fort, yes, the delay is no surprise. When UMD went under construction, we were very concerned that any delays would stop our July Terrapin Cup meet cold in its tracks. We ended up losing only two [non-scheduled] days of practice due to added delay. The only hitch was the dust from everything got in the air circulation and made the deck a little warm:duel:. My hats are off to whatever crew that was, and CRS, for having the place done in 6 weeks.

** Edit - According to the CZ Chair, JAM/TCNJ was indeed awarded the 2007 bid. Though I hear there may be a facility change...

ensignada
August 27th, 2007, 02:54 PM

Dana

IN!

Cool - I went to it last year to check out what a masters meet looked like. It was the first time I thought "hmm, maybe I could do this...."

swimshark
August 27th, 2007, 02:54 PM
I put some non-extraordinary pics from zones on my flickr album. (Couldn't find the charger to the good camera with telephoto lens.) But you can see the Pom Pom girls in all their glory. :cheerleader:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7903403@N05/?saved=1

Ack, I look nasty in that picture of me. Warn me next time so I can suck everything in.

Alison
Home recovering from surgery and itching to get in the water.

SwimStud
August 27th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Ack, I look nasty in that picture of me.

Alison

Pssssssssssht! As if....

swimshark
August 30th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Pssssssssssht! As if....

Watch it or I'll come up there and slap you with my cast.

Alison

SwimStud
August 30th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Watch it or I'll come up there and slap you with my cast.

Alison

LOL I was saying as if you could look nasty...

...with my bad back right now I think you could definitely take me down with the cast...

Swimmy
August 30th, 2007, 05:10 PM
LOL I was saying as if you could look nasty...

...with my bad back right now I think you could definitely take me down with the cast...

Cool! Can I sell tickets?

swimshark
August 31st, 2007, 03:16 PM
Cool! Can I sell tickets?

Only if you bring the pom poms :)

Alison

SwimStud
August 31st, 2007, 03:48 PM
Only if you bring the pom poms :)

Alison

Don't let them get wet!

swimshark
September 2nd, 2007, 07:15 AM
Don't let them get wet!

You mean you don't like soggy pom poms?

Alison

The Fortress
April 14th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Colonies Zones time again.

Party at Fort House at 3:00 pm-ish after the meet on Sunday. Burgers and beer. I sent event invitations on FB, but if you're not on FB, let me know if you'd like to come. Trpatt? Let's Race?

I'm hoping we can reprise our video showing from last year. Many of you will remember the spectacle of Jim Thornton just standing on the blocks at the start of the 100 free last year ... lol I'm trying to bribe Mini-Fort into video-ing some races.

Anyone want to do anything after racing Saturday? In the past, we've done Red, Hot & Blue. (Geek will now make fun of us for liking cheap food and beer.)

And is anyone gridging? I noticed there are some unusual suspects swimming the 50 evilstroke ...

Ahelee Sue Osborn
April 15th, 2009, 01:13 AM
Party at Fort House at 3:00 pm-ish after the meet on Sunday.

Will there be live-stream coverage?
:)

Not sure the west coast has ANY idea how to make a swim meet weekend as fun as this - well, we do have our own traditions...

EVERYONE - Have a great time!

(Hey L.Fort. - Owe you a message... soon)

swimshark
April 15th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Will there be live-stream coverage?
:)

Not sure the west coast has ANY idea how to make a swim meet weekend as fun as this - well, we do have our own traditions...

EVERYONE - Have a great time!

(Hey L.Fort. - Owe you a message... soon)

With Jim at the party, you don't want line-stream coverage!!

I can't do Saturday after the meet. Matthew has a soccer game at 2:15 so I'm leaving right after the 500 free.

thewookiee
April 15th, 2009, 08:03 AM
And is anyone gridging? I noticed there are some unusual suspects swimming the 50 evilstroke ...

Who's swimming the backstroke that's unusal? haha. How dare that be an evilstroke!

imspoiled
April 15th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Colonies Zones time again.

Party at Fort House at 3:00 pm-ish after the meet on Sunday. Burgers and beer. I sent event invitations on FB, but if you're not on FB, let me know if you'd like to come. Trpatt? Let's Race?

Anyone want to do anything after racing Saturday? In the past, we've done Red, Hot & Blue. (Geek will now make fun of us for liking cheap food and beer.)

I'd love to do dinner Saturday. Don't think I'll make it Sunday--driving home after the meet.

As to evilstroke, you're faster. Not much to gridge there. Although, we both entered the same seed time. We could do a "New England Masters" style gridge--the one who swims CLOSEST to their seed time wins.

pwolf66
April 15th, 2009, 11:16 AM
I'm up for both. RH&B sounds fine for Saturday, why ruin a good thing?

thewookiee
April 15th, 2009, 12:17 PM
I can do Saturday night. Sunday, I gotta hit the road to drive back.

The Fortress
April 15th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I can do Saturday night. Sunday, I gotta hit the road to drive back.

We usually go to RHB right after the meet on Saturday. I think ... I may be mis-remembering because of senility. Really, you can come show your face on Sunday and get a burger for the road!

Dana,

I haven't swum the 50 breast in yards in 4 years. And I have made no progress whatsoever in the stroke, as my IM splits confirm.

orca1946
April 15th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Swimming is a reason for eating, isn't it??:applaud::bolt:

SwimRobin
April 15th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Count me in for both occasions!:bliss: