PDA

View Full Version : USMS Swimmer Magazine

swimshark
July 27th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Has anyone else not gotten theirs? It seems that it came up on the USMS home page a while ago (2 weeks?) and yet I still haven't gotten mine. Anyone else?

Alison

talne621
July 27th, 2007, 03:37 PM
i didn't get mine yet.

Slowswim
July 27th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Not yet.

poolraat
July 27th, 2007, 04:14 PM
I got mine last week.

jim clemmons
July 27th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Got mine last week too. Usually I'm DFL.

swimshark
July 27th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Sounds like us east coasters haven't gotten ours and yet the west coast got theirs last week. Odd. Maybe Swimmer can work on that for the future. It shouldn't take a week longer for some to get theirs.

Alison

swimshark
August 1st, 2007, 02:37 PM
Another day... still no Swimmer Magazine. Did they forget to mail some or is my mail carrier enjoying reading about swimming????

Alison

knelson
August 1st, 2007, 02:40 PM
Something's up. I got mine probably two weeks ago at least.

Swimmy
August 1st, 2007, 02:47 PM
I've had mine a couple weeks and I am on the East Coast. There goes your theory.
Swimmy :)

SwimStud
August 1st, 2007, 02:58 PM
Guys it's simple. Rob Copeland and Jim Matysek have a naughty and nice list....the nice's get theirs first and the naughties, well...

I guess SwimShark must have done something to get on the naughty list...

:wave:

swimshark
August 1st, 2007, 03:23 PM
Guys it's simple. Rob Copeland and Jim Matysek have a naughty and nice list....the nice's get theirs first and the naughties, well...

I guess SwimShark must have done something to get on the naughty list...

:wave:

Hey, they told me they wouldn't hold that against me!! :):blush:

Alison

Rob Copeland
August 1st, 2007, 03:28 PM
Sorry, no naughty and nice list. Besides ALL USMS swimmers are nice people. So, itís just a couple of the Canadianís on the naughty list (we all know who they are, eh?)

And while itís easy to blame the post office, sometimes they misplace periodicals.

swimshark
August 1st, 2007, 03:34 PM
I hope that mail carrier is enjoying my magazine. Maybe he or she will become a masters swimmer.

Alison

SwimStud
August 1st, 2007, 03:40 PM
I hope that mail carrier is enjoying my magazine. Maybe he or she will become a masters swimmer.

Alison

haha and they'll give you your magazine at Zones!!! :laugh2:

Swimmy
August 1st, 2007, 03:41 PM
If you still don't have yours by Zones, I will give you mine.

swimshark
August 1st, 2007, 03:53 PM
If you still don't have yours by Zones, I will give you mine.

Thanks Swimmy. It will give me something to read while I recover from my wrist surgery. Hm.. I wonder what other mail I'm missing?

Alison

FlyQueen
August 1st, 2007, 04:07 PM
I got mine, but the issue before that took FOREVER to get to my mailbox - I think a solid 4-6 weeks after most others got theirs. I think they do a rolling mailing.

talne621
August 2nd, 2007, 10:10 AM
i still don't have mine.

swimshark
August 2nd, 2007, 02:34 PM
i still don't have mine.

I'm glad I'm not the only one

Alison

SwimStud
August 2nd, 2007, 02:35 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one

Alison

hmm you two must have done something real bad...

LOL ;)

Swimmer Bill
August 3rd, 2007, 09:00 AM
Hi Alison,

Sorry to hear you (and other people) are having so much trouble with your local postal delivery services. The only thing that would delay delivery from our end is a lapse in your USMS registration, and I know you didn't let your USMS registration lapse!

The whole batch of magazines was shipped from the printer in New Hampshire on the same date. I received my copy during the first week in July.

Bill

meldyck
August 3rd, 2007, 10:20 AM
Hi Alison,

Sorry to hear you (and other people) are having so much trouble with your local postal delivery services. The only thing that would delay delivery from our end is a lapse in your USMS registration, and I know you didn't let your USMS registration lapse!

The whole batch of magazines was shipped from the printer in New Hampshire on the same date. I received my copy during the first week in July.

Bill

In our house, it has been interesting. My wife got her copy right away but I still haven't gotten mine yet....

swimshark
August 3rd, 2007, 02:28 PM
The only thing that would delay delivery from our end is a lapse in your USMS registration, and I know you didn't let your USMS registration lapse!

Bill

Bill, you know me well. I keep up with that registration. Laundry? Maybe not but USMS oh yea. :wiggle:

Alison

talne621
August 16th, 2007, 05:35 PM
i still have not gotten mine.

ALM
August 16th, 2007, 06:10 PM
The USMS national office sometimes has a few extra copies. Send an e-mail to usms [AT] usms [DOT] org.

Anna Lea

swimshark
August 17th, 2007, 02:14 PM
The USMS national office sometimes has a few extra copies. Send an e-mail to usms [AT] usms [DOT] org.

Anna Lea

Thanks Anna Lea. I did write Traci and got my copy last week from her. I was glad I did, too. I loved the article on the YMCA Nationals women relay team. How inspiring.

Alison

Jeff Commings
August 20th, 2007, 02:27 PM
I loved the article on the YMCA Nationals women relay team. How inspiring.

Alison

I'll try not to be offended by that.

Just kidding. That relay would have been fun to watch. To see four black women in their first swim meet would have had me :notworthy: and :cry:.