PDA

View Full Version : Resort with lap lane found

laineybug
July 30th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Hi everyone! Thought I'd pass along a surprise... did not expect to find a lap lane when I went on vacation last week. Went to St. George Island, FL and stayed at the Resort Village, which is a cluster of 9 cottages around a nice, free form/lagoon type of pool. If it were 'squared up' it would be kinda z shaped with the center diagnal of the z being 25 meters long! It actually had a lane line and crosses on the wall! I never saw more than 5 people at the pool at any one time and when I swam in the morning I had the pool all to myself. So, if any of you are thinking about a FL vacation you might want to check out one of the cottages. It is no more than 1/2 block from the beach... I could see the dunes and the Gulf from my bedroom window. The living areas overlooked the pool (you could also see Applachacola Bay from the front porch).

In case you are interested and want more information here is a link to the cottage I stayed in. You can email the property management company for more info from that page.

http://www.resortvacationproperties.com/vacationrentals/details.php?propcode=ATLANTI&vr=1

KenChertoff
July 30th, 2007, 09:40 PM
It's always great to find a hotel or resort with a "swimmable" pool. :party2:

I found one at the Club Med on the Turks and Caicos Islands (in the Caribbean), where I went on vacation a month and half ago. It has a 25 meter, basically rectangular pool, with six marked lanes (stripes, not lane lines). If you get to the pool early enough, say around 10 AM, you can do real workout before the floaters come. Not what you'd expect to find at Club Med (and it has the best beach I've ever seen). :groovy: