PDA

View Full Version : Sad Stuff

Swimmy
August 1st, 2007, 03:46 PM
Did anyone hear about this....
http://www.wusa9.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=61353

A father shot his 2 sons while they slept. The older one worked at the pool where I am working this summer. Very sad. Senseless!

Swimmy:cry::dunno:

SwimStud
August 2nd, 2007, 08:04 AM
Did anyone hear about this....
http://www.wusa9.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=61353

A father shot his 2 sons while they slept. The older one worked at the pool where I am working this summer. Very sad. Senseless!

Swimmy:cry::dunno:

I tried to reply to this yesterday but couldn't find the right words. I still can't/
It just scares me that normal, loving parents (from what we know) can just flip and do such a thing...terrible.

Swimmy
August 2nd, 2007, 10:04 AM
I tried to reply to this yesterday but couldn't find the right words. I still can't/
It just scares me that normal, loving parents (from what we know) can just flip and do such a thing...terrible.

:dunno:
It has really stunned everyone. The kids at the pool are in shock. I am not a parent, but I can't understand killing your own children like that.
:dunno:
Swimmy

3strokes
August 2nd, 2007, 10:20 AM

I would have said "seemingly" or "outwardly appearing to be" normal, loving, because, by their action(s), they have proven to be abnormal.

SwimStud
August 2nd, 2007, 10:29 AM
I would have said "seemingly" or "outwardly appearing to be" normal, loving, because, by their action(s), they have proven to be abnormal.

Well, he was "normal" up until it happened,and it could be episodic, or just a tragic result of something triggering. To use outwardly or seemingly suggests he has harboured something for a period leading up to this. I don't know if that's the case or not. I just tried to refrain from labelleling.

I learned one thing from taking Ab Pscy 101: We're all potentially just one traumatic event, or a period of intense stress from flipping to some extent...it's a thin line.

If this guy planned it and such, he's a monster...if he just flipped out...it's just a tragedy all around...there's no punishment greater than what he'll put himself through when/if he regains a more stable mindset.

chickadee
August 3rd, 2007, 02:52 PM
There may have been a underlying mental health issue that was slowly building over time that wasnt clearly noticed, and/or there could have been complications from drugs. Some drugs will esculating mental health issues quite quickly and tragically.
I hope the community provides support services for the the young people and families affected. Truly sad.

geochuck
August 3rd, 2007, 04:06 PM
In 1999 we attended a funeral of a a very close friend of our family, 4 coffins. The mother and four children murdered by her husband. The baby was buried with the mother and the other three in their own coffins.

She was one of my daughters closest friends. When the mother was growing up she spent all kinds of time at our place. We have never gotten over this and never will. I read that the father was released from the mental hospital and is again in the community.

Swimmy
August 7th, 2007, 12:24 PM
http://dynamic.wjla.com/printarticle.hrb?s=wjla&i=445494

Unbelievable.....They let the father view the bodies of his sons.....

FlyQueen
August 7th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Swimmy, maybe (and it might be a stretch) seeing the bodies helped him to realize what he did. This is a horrible and all to familiar tragedy. I feel like we have a case like this every few months.