PDA

View Full Version : swimming is relatively injury free compared to this

ande
August 5th, 2007, 11:07 PM
swimming is relatively injury free compared to this

what are your thoughts

http://us.video.aol.com/player/launcher?ar=us_en_video_748x541_full&mode=1&pmmsid=1952284

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CTeXKHkNqgk

or this
http://us.video.aol.com/player/launcher?ar=us_en_video_748x541_full&mode=1&pmmsid=1952286

Blackbeard's Peg
August 5th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Ande, yes, I watched a bit of the x games this weekend - that skateboard crash was horriffic. And he walked off with a bruised lung and a few other minor scrapes. Amazing.

SwimStud
August 6th, 2007, 08:06 AM
....hmm I dunno Ande, have you seen by backstroke turn???

newmastersswimmer
August 6th, 2007, 01:57 PM
That skateboard wreck was hard to watch.....He had a lot of time to think about it before landing....what a nightmare!

ande
August 6th, 2007, 03:06 PM
looks like he fell from higher than a 10 meter platform
luckily he knew how to fall, notice how he turned in the air and his feet hit first. maybe the ramp had some give.

usually when skateboarders fall they slide down the ramp
it looks like he jumped against the wall,
he was too far away to land on a slanted area of the ramp
he hit the flat bottom

amazing that he lived

That skateboard wreck was hard to watch.....He had a lot of time to think about it before landing....what a nightmare!

Blackbeard's Peg
August 7th, 2007, 12:07 AM
Anders,

The big air competition he was in was measuring how high the athletes could get off that big wall. He and his board (separately) were about 15 feet from the top of the ramp at apex, and they said it was about 40 feet from there to where he hit.
ouch!
:dedhorse:
Did you notice how he hit so hard his shoes went flying?

dorothyrde
August 7th, 2007, 05:35 AM
He not only lived, but went on to place 2cnd, at least that is what our news reported. Crazy.

SwimStud
August 7th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Do you think hewas doping?

newmastersswimmer
August 7th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Do you think hewas doping?

of course he was.....and after watching that video of your 50 backstroke, I'm convinced that you also must be doping as well....I mean how do you expect anyone to believe a guy like you can splash water that high in the air with your kick (especially with that pic of those scrawny calves of yours that you posted) and not be doing some serious dope??!.....so don't even try and deny it o.k. LOL! :rofl::lmao: .......(Sorry Rich...but its been so long since I tossed a little puffball your way that I just couldn't help myself....you understand how it is right? LOL!)

SwimStud
August 8th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Yes talking about things less dangerous than swimming...I found a shot of Jim Bork in a new Speedo FairySkin Pro....see link below

newmastersswimmer
August 8th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Yes talking about things less dangerous than swimming...I found a shot of Jim Bork in a new Speedo FairySkin Pro....see link below

How did you get your hands on that pic!! ....And I was so sure that I had destroyed all the remaining copies!! It is lovely form though you must admit LOL!

geochuck
August 8th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Ande you should have seen my turn at the 1956 Olympics. Not quite as bad as that but painful.