PDA

View Full Version : Waht happens when you put a Muppet on a bike?

swimshark
August 12th, 2007, 09:14 PM
You see a Muppet ride really fast. And that's after a fast swim and followed by a fast run. Muppet and I did a sprint triathlon today (my first one ever) and he took 2nd in his age group. :cheerleader: Muppet looked great on the run when he ran past me fast. Ms. Muppet was nice enough to volunteer for the race and even took a bee sting for me. It was a fun day with the Muppets.

See some of you next Sat.

Alison

SwimStud
August 13th, 2007, 09:01 AM
You see a Muppet ride really fast. And that's after a fast swim and followed by a fast run. Muppet and I did a sprint triathlon today (my first one ever) and he took 2nd in his age group. :cheerleader: Muppet looked great on the run when he ran past me fast. Ms. Muppet was nice enough to volunteer for the race and even took a bee sting for me. It was a fun day with the Muppets.

See some of you next Sat.

Alison

What happens is...You don't get to see your psyche sheets for zones because he's too busy trying to impress the Blue one
;) :rofl:

swimmieAvsFan
August 13th, 2007, 10:25 AM
What happens is...You don't get to see your psyche sheets for zones because he's too busy trying to impress the Blue one
;) :rofl:

hey now!

he can't post something he doesn't have...
he didn't get it from the aquatics director till 9pm last night.

and at that point, he was a Muppet on skates.
:D

swimshark
August 13th, 2007, 04:04 PM
hey now!

he can't post something he doesn't have...
he didn't get it from the aquatics director till 9pm last night.

and at that point, he was a Muppet on skates.

Skates? I could have used them during the run. Results are out. I got 10th in my age group :(

Alison

swimmieAvsFan
August 13th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Skates? I could have used them during the run. Results are out. I got 10th in my age group :(

Alison

but hey- it looks like you had the 8th fastest swim overall, and i think third fastest female. that's something to be proud of! some of us :fish2: types are better off sticking to the water.

which is why you'll be hard pressed to find any sporting results with me in them that don't include H2O!

p.s.- it looks like it was the bike that got you- you actually moved up after the run. assuming i'm reading the results correctly! ;)

swimshark
August 13th, 2007, 05:01 PM
but hey- it looks like you had the 8th fastest swim overall, and i think third fastest female. that's something to be proud of! some of us :fish2: types are better off sticking to the water.

which is why you'll be hard pressed to find any sporting results with me in them that don't include H2O!

p.s.- it looks like it was the bike that got you- you actually moved up after the run. assuming i'm reading the results correctly! ;)

My dad said I was the fastest one from my town. Guess that's something. I can't figure out how I moved up in the run. That was my hard part. I could have/ should have done faster on the bike. I held a lot back since I didn't know what to expect of my body on the run. Learning for next time. I think I'll do their race in March. It's a run, bike THEN a swim. How cool is that to finish in the pool. Mollie, want to join me on that one?

Alison

Blackbeard's Peg
August 13th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Remember the bike split includes both transitions - thats what KILLED me. I spent hours (it seemed like that at least), trying to put my clothes on for the bike.

It was a tough race, and man I am sore.

swimshark
August 14th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Remember the bike split includes both transitions - thats what KILLED me. I spent hours (it seemed like that at least), trying to put my clothes on for the bike.

I didn't even think about both transitions in the bike split. I had bad transitions since it was my first. And wasted time trying to put on my bike shorts. I'l never try that again.

I'm glad I'm not the only one sore. I went spinning yesterday to get the kinks out and swam this morning. I'm not as sore today but just physically tired. I hope I feel better for this Sat.

Muppet, want to do the one in March with me?

Alison

Blackbeard's Peg
August 15th, 2007, 11:49 PM
aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
i could be in for that!

swimshark
August 16th, 2007, 08:51 AM
aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
i could be in for that!

Cool. But cut the pirate talk. hee-hee

It should be the weekend that my parents will be here from Atlanta so my dad may do the race as well. Nothing like being passed by a 67 year old who can fly on the run and bike!

Alison

SwimStud
August 16th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Cool. But cut the pirate talk. hee-hee

It should be the weekend that my parents will be here from Atlanta so my dad may do the race as well. Nothing like being passed by a 67 year old who can fly on the run and bike!

Alison

are you kidding Alison...they're a dime a dozen in the day after thanksgiving sales...some of them older folks are just damn mean and aggressive when it comes to a bargain!!!
:rofl:

swimshark
August 16th, 2007, 04:52 PM
are you kidding Alison...they're a dime a dozen in the day after thanksgiving sales...some of them older folks are just damn mean and aggressive when it comes to a bargain!!!
:rofl:

Ah, so you've seen my dad race.

Alison

Slowswim
August 17th, 2007, 01:58 PM

Your Transitions should have their own timing T1 and T2. Why were you putting on clothes. You bike in whatever you swam in (Minus a wetsuit). If you want wear a shirt, swim in it. Trying to pull on a shirt when you are wet wastes time and can dislocate your shoulder. There are some great Tri Shorts that dry fast and have pad for the bike.

Some day I'll cross over and climb the starting blocks of a swim meet.

Congratulations!:woot:
</IMG>

swimshark
August 17th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Your Transitions should have their own timing T1 and T2. Why were you putting on clothes. You bike in whatever you swam in (Minus a wetsuit). If you want wear a shirt, swim in it. Trying to pull on a shirt when you are wet wastes time and can dislocate your shoulder. There are some great Tri Shorts that dry fast and have pad for the bike.

Some day I'll cross over and climb the starting blocks of a swim meet.

Congratulations!:woot:
</IMG>

Thanks Bill. They didn't have timing chips so the timing was all manual which is why they included both transitions in the bike time. The swim was in a pool so no wet suits. :)

What races do you do? My dad and sister race tris in Georgia.

Alison

Slowswim
August 17th, 2007, 03:57 PM
I just move to the Atlanta Area last Christmas, I did the Jekyll Island Turtle Craw (Oly), The Sweetwater Creek Sprint Tri, and Am scheduled for the Peach Tree City (SE Region Championship) 8 SEP. This has been a slow season for me. Down in FL (Tampa Bay), I did about 6 a season.

Rob Copeland
August 17th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Some day I'll cross over and climb the starting blocks of a swim meet.So come on down to Peachtree City next month for the Peachtree City Pentathlon swim meet, Saturday September 22nd!
:wave::fish2:

Slowswim
August 17th, 2007, 05:40 PM
So come on down to Peachtree City next month for the Peachtree City Pentathlon swim meet, Saturday September 22nd!
:wave::fish2:

What's a Pentathlon swim meet?:dunno:

swimshark
August 18th, 2007, 08:21 AM
I just move to the Atlanta Area last Christmas, I did the Jekyll Island Turtle Craw (Oly), The Sweetwater Creek Sprint Tri, and Am scheduled for the Peach Tree City (SE Region Championship) 8 SEP. This has been a slow season for me. Down in FL (Tampa Bay), I did about 6 a season.

Try some of these races http://www.gamultisports.com/ He has great prizes. For the Rock and Rollman he gives mini-guitars. They are so cute. He has them all over the area and they are very well run. Okay, I'm biased, my parents help him run the races. I'm not sure but I think the Peachtree City one is one I've helped with. I'm heping my dad (a SE region USAT board member) with the club winner banner.

A pentathlon is where you swim one of each stroke (say a 50) and then an IM (100 if you are doing 50s) then there are the all freestyle pentathlons where you swim 50, 100, 200, 400 and 800.

Alison

Alison