PDA

View Full Version : Where in the world?

Peter Cruise
August 21st, 2007, 10:13 PM
I felt that it was time to start a new utility thread: you can use this thread to ask where is or what has happened to anyone ranging from - what happened to that other 7 year old you used to swim against every second weekend to where is that forum poster gone who you really thought was wise, funny, thought-provoking or whatever. It worked already: when I was thinking of this thread yesterday, I wondered what had happened to Carrie, one of our regulars (and quite a card) and <presto!> she posted...
Obviously if you see someone asking about someone you know about, you have the option to PM them with what you know, rather than post it if you wish.
Attention Lurkers! If someone is asking about someone you have info about, you can always register under an alias and either post or send a PM with the info. If they're asking about you, even better.
I'll start: where is our dynamic Seagurl51?
and
Tom, Ralph and Moose come on out, the water's fine....

SwimStud
August 22nd, 2007, 08:11 AM
I'll start: where is our dynamic Seagurl51?

*pushes the wriggling burlap sack into the closet with his foot and closes the door*

I've no Idea...

but I do have to ask, "Where in the world is Ivor?"

imspoiled
August 22nd, 2007, 08:47 AM
I thought Seagurl was lifeguarding in Texas for the summer. My guess is she is admiring the "landscape" behind the mirrored polarized glasses she was looking to buy.

tjburk
August 22nd, 2007, 01:20 PM
.....looking out from inside the closet...... I know where she is and she's all mine......muahahaha.......:thhbbb:

3strokes
August 22nd, 2007, 02:44 PM
........ where is that forum poster gone who you really thought was wise,

I'm still around. . . ! :agree:

Peter Cruise
August 23rd, 2007, 01:41 AM
Ahmed, I didn't say wiseacre...

aquaFeisty
August 23rd, 2007, 08:43 AM
oh you're funny Peter!

I have had a nasty sinus infection and been out of the water for a while. In August... what kind of loser gets sinus infections in August? Sometimes when I'm sick I get too bummed out to look on the forums... yes, a SERIOUSLY immature attitude I know!

as for seagurl, I think she's getting ready to head off to England for the fall semester. of course, it is entirely possible that SS really does have her locked in his closet and is letting her out now and then to send reassuring facebook messages to her fanbase so we don't catch on...

ensignada
August 23rd, 2007, 10:36 AM
*pushes the wriggling burlap sack into the closet with his foot and closes the door*

I've no Idea...

Guess the natural charm and romance ran out on you, huh? :p

SwimStud
August 23rd, 2007, 10:42 AM
Guess the natural charm and romance ran out on you, huh? :p

umm how do you know this isn't a little roleplaying game we have going on...

Stillhere
August 23rd, 2007, 02:11 PM
I hear Tom, Mr. Moose and Ralph are alive and reasonably well. I also heard that FINA is going to ban their VO2MAX Shampoo...as a performance enhancing drug.

The next time I see them, I will give them all everyone's regards.

Rocky

Seagurl51
August 24th, 2007, 01:31 AM
*bursting from closet*
OOOHHH!! It's sooo nice to hear that people have noticed I've been gone!! Means a lot :cry:

Should I be worried about how much everybody else knows about me though?

To compile: I have been in Texas all summer working ridiculous hours which basically cut out forum time. Sadly a severe lack of "landscape" as Dana called it. Then like Carrie said, I'm jetting off to England in 3 weeks where I'll be until the end of December. So probably little forum time then too, but I'll try and check back in more than I have. As for swimming, haven't swam in like 3 months. Ew....

I'm sooo happy to hear that Tom is still alive!!! YAY! :D

Acck...gotta run...SS is after me again.....:bolt:

knelson
August 24th, 2007, 01:47 AM
What about LindsayNB? Haven't heard from him in a long time.

I never "got" the Mr. Moose and Ralph thing, by the way .

Slowswim
August 24th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Then like Carrie said, I'm jetting off to England in 3 weeks where I'll be until the end of December. So probably little forum time then too, but I'll try and check back in more than I have. As for swimming, haven't swam in like 3 months. Ew....

I would recommend you go to www.Tritalk.co.uk (http://www.tritalk.co.uk/) its a triathlete forum, but they are very helpful and friendly.

If you need help finding a place to swim or party, I'm sure they can help you out. No guaranty on the scenery though.

I envy you going. Even that time of year. Be sure to dress warm and remember its damp there too.:wave:
</IMG>

SwimStud
August 24th, 2007, 10:48 AM
I envy you going. Even that time of year. Be sure to dress warm and remember its damp there too.:wave:
</IMG>

Hey that's enough of that! Sept into October is usually the best time of year. November gets rainy, and the odds of a White Christmas are not high. Howver there are pubs every few feet so you don't notice the damp.

Slowswim
August 24th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Hey that's enough of that! Sept into October is usually the best time of year. November gets rainy, and the odds of a White Christmas are not high. Howver there are pubs every few feet so you don't notice the damp.

Oh I like the UK. It a cute little country, but what's with the warm beer?

Slowswim
August 24th, 2007, 10:59 AM
I'm just pulling your chain until Geek jumps in on this!:lmao:

SwimStud
August 24th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Oh I like the UK. It a cute little country, but what's with the warm beer?
Gah...

Depends what you refer too...lager is as cold there as is here. Ale, a heavier and more hearty drink should be just sub room temperature, drawn by hand, and eaten with a ploughman's lunch...

Do you freeze red wine too?

:thhbbb:

Slowswim
August 24th, 2007, 12:54 PM
I remember an Irish Pub in Frankfurt GE that used water to pull Guiness from the tap. I best beer I ever had!:drink:

What animal parts are in Ploughman's lunch. Y'all definitely don't waste the internal organs.:dedhorse:
</IMG></IMG>

SwimStud
August 24th, 2007, 01:12 PM
What animal parts are in Ploughman's lunch. Y'all definitely don't waste the internal organs.:dedhorse:
</IMG></IMG>

Cheese...

Ever eat a hot-dog?
:dedhorse:

knelson
August 24th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Hey that's enough of that! Sept into October is usually the best time of year. November gets rainy, and the odds of a White Christmas are not high.

She's from the Pacific Northwest, so I don't think the weather should be much of a shock.

Slowswim
August 24th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Cheese...

Ever eat a hot-dog?
:dedhorse:

Yes and kidney pie and calf's heart. All done in the spirit of being local while thinking global. Can't say I like any of them.

The Fortress
August 27th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Where in the world is the orginator of this thread? He only logs on to add his 3 words these days ... I'm assuming he's being a workaholic ...

Where's Kirk Nelson? On vacation?

SwimStud
August 27th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Yes and kidney pie and calf's heart. All done in the spirit of being local while thinking global. Can't say I like any of them.

Steak and Kidney pie or pudding is awesome. Stuffed Lambs Hearts are good too. Again though, I'm recalling home made versions of these dishes so bound to be way better than any served version.
Now if we want to talk about a good Breakafast: sausages, eggs, bacon, black pudding, fried tomato, fried bread and mushrooms.

Slowswim
August 27th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Now if we want to talk about a good Breakafast: sausages, eggs, bacon, black pudding, fried tomato, fried bread and mushrooms.

I think my cholesterol went up just reading this post!

BTW: you left out the fried Twinkie.

I guess I'll need extra :wine: tonight to get it back down. Oh, well.

SwimStud
August 27th, 2007, 11:23 AM
I think my cholesterol went up just reading this post!

BTW: you left out the fried Twinkie.

I guess I'll need extra :wine: tonight to get it back down. Oh, well.

No twinkies in the UK!!! although, Fish n Chip shops have taken to deepfrying kebabs, snickers, basically anything fatty and bad for you....stick it in batter and fry it!

Slowswim
August 27th, 2007, 11:34 AM
No twinkies in the UK!!! although, Fish n Chip shops have taken to deepfrying kebabs, snickers, basically anything fatty and bad for you....stick it in batter and fry it!

I love the occasional Fish and Chips. The best are in Europe. We just don't have the right grease. Like the Pommes in Germany.

But a deep fried Snickers:bolt:. What kind of person could even think of that!
</IMG>

imspoiled
August 27th, 2007, 11:36 AM
I love the occasional Fish and Chips. The best are in Europe. We just don't have the right grease. Like the Pommes in Germany.

But a deep fried Snickers:bolt:. What kind of person could even think of that!
</IMG>

The same person who came up with Fried Cheesecake. YUMMY!

SwimStud
August 27th, 2007, 11:40 AM
The same person who came up with Fried Cheesecake. YUMMY!

I had a deep fried kebab I must admit it was excellent!

knelson
August 27th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Where's Kirk Nelson? On vacation?

Gee, I just posted in this thread on the 24th!

Blackbeard's Peg
August 27th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Where in the world is Swimminggirl?

Peter Cruise
August 27th, 2007, 02:08 PM
I'm here. Workaholic is right, but necessary. I almost didn't recognize the thread for the food fight; I'll try and right it: John Roemer (sp?) was a terrific swimmer from the Bay Area, a fireman who I used to swim against in police/fire games (drat those ten-year age groups!). Anyone know what's become of him?

SwimStud
August 27th, 2007, 02:13 PM
I almost didn't recognize the thread for the food fight...

This is what happens when you leave us unattended....

The Fortress
September 6th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Where in the world is Dave Chaos Barra? Did he grow gills and permanently move to the OW?

Swimmy
September 6th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Where in the world is Dave Chaos Barra? Did he grow gills and permanently move to the OW?

I was wondering that too?!! Doesn't his friend have possession of the infamous "guns" picture?
Swimmy
:cheerleader:

Allen Stark
September 6th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Does anyone know Clay Colar.He used to come to Nats all the time until about the early 90s. He is a great guy and was really fun to swim against(even though he generally kicked my butt.) I still see his name in Top Ten sometimes,but I never see him at Nats anymore and was wondering how he was doing.

jim clemmons
September 6th, 2007, 08:07 PM
I'm here. Workaholic is right, but necessary. I almost didn't recognize the thread for the food fight; I'll try and right it: John Roemer (sp?) was a terrific swimmer from the Bay Area, a fireman who I used to swim against in police/fire games (drat those ten-year age groups!). Anyone know what's become of him?

John the breaststroker? Playing water polo most of the time apparently. I know John was training (swimming) for World's last year but twisted an ankle just beforehand so bagged the swimming and focused on polo. He would occasionally drop in with us to workout.

http://www.usms.org/comp/tt/toptenind.php?SwimmerID=004UT if this is the same person you're referring to.