PDA

View Full Version : "go The Distance Challenge" Suggestion

Carrie K
August 26th, 2007, 10:10 AM
To all the swimmers participating in the "Go The Distance Challenge",

I think it would be an awesome addition to this event if we would start a new tradition of getting together at the end of each year. Not only would it be the start of new friendships , it would also be a fantastic motivator for the upcoming year! I'm thinking we could start a "Go the Distance Open Water Group swim" followed by some sort of dinner.

Does this sound interesting and exciting to any of you? Please respond and let me know your feelings behind this request. Also any ideas would be awesome!,

Thanks,
Carrie K.:fish2:

smontanaro
August 26th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Since it would be held early in the year I suppose we'd have to hold it someplace warm, like the Caribbean or Mexico? ;)

Skip Montanaro

SwimStud
August 26th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Since it would be held early in the year I suppose we'd have to hold it someplace warm, like the Caribbean or Mexico? ;)

Skip Montanaro

If we can't all get together...how about a virtual meet up. We could post our pics and our GTD T-shirts and distance patches/caps etc.
This is the downside of USA's huge land mass...everyone is scattered...but if it was feasible to get to. I would do it.

Dominick Aielloeaver
August 26th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Hi. Carrie. I think thats a great idea. But we are so spread out. But maybe some in the north & south west , can get together, and the swimmers in the north & south east can do the same. Also some other states, canget to gether. So on & so on. Dom.A in AZ.

dorothyrde
August 26th, 2007, 02:47 PM
The end of the year would be a difficult time to get together. With the holidays, and my daughters swimming ramping up, it would be impossible. However, I do like the idea of posting pictures of the people who did the challenge.

Carrie K
August 27th, 2007, 12:14 AM
:wine:I like all your ideas! The pictures would be something we could easily all do. As far as actually getting together. we could choose a date that works for the majority of everyone. Location can be adjusted.

Here's an idea, at the beginning of each year we can all look at upcoming open water swims and try to find one that suits us all. It would take some planning but we could easily do it.

How great would it be if us distance swimmers were to create a goal of swimming in open water in each of the US state. We could pick a new one every year.
Again these are just some thoughts!

Gladly Open for your suggestions
Carrie K:fish2:
</IMG></IMG>

geochuck
August 27th, 2007, 02:35 AM
I will be in Mexico all winter. I will probably not do the "Go The Distance Challenge" but I will surely party.

I am going to meet Jack Fast and have a blast.

swimshark
August 27th, 2007, 03:00 PM
I like Stud's ideas. With family far away and traveling at the end of the year, I doubt I could make any get together but I can post my pictures and distances. Disclaimer: wrist surgery has slowed me way down. I'll be happy to hit 250. I wish it was further. Good motivation for next year.

Alison