PDA

View Full Version : Go The Distance

Dominick Aielloeaver
August 26th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Every month, on go the distance, Mary Sweat ask if there are good story,s she can tell so, to inspire people. They are all very good, But in the july inspiring swims. There is a very fine duo of daughter & father. I congrulate them. Please read the july fitness event of go the distance , ofthat DUO. My hats off to them . Dom in AZ.:cheerleader::party2::wave: There names are. Roger Bosweld (Father) Karen Zemlin ( Daughter):cheerleader::wave::party2:

meldyck
August 27th, 2007, 08:23 PM
I just hit 528000 yards for the year. This is no big deal because I do more than this during a typical year. It's just that, when I entered today's yardage in the GTD spreadsheet, it came up exactly 300.00 miles! I wasn't trying to hit this on the nose but it was interesting to see it come up.

Dominick Aielloeaver
August 28th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Mel. Thaqt is pretty good. Keep on ging. You inspire, me . Dom inAZ.

islandsox
August 29th, 2007, 08:43 AM
I just hit 528000 yards for the year. This is no big deal because I do more than this during a typical year. It's just that, when I entered today's yardage in the GTD spreadsheet, it came up exactly 300.00 miles! I wasn't trying to hit this on the nose but it was interesting to see it come up.

:applaud::applaud: My Gosh!! Have you turned into one of these :fish2:yet?

meldyck
August 29th, 2007, 03:45 PM
My Gosh!! Have you turned into one of these :fish2:yet?

Actually, Donna, as I have mentioned before, my people evolved from the scaly critters. I'm pretty much lost on dry land.

Besides, you should talk....

Dominick Aielloeaver
August 29th, 2007, 11:38 PM
By The Way, Donna how are you doing on your traing, for your loooong swim. Dom in AZ.

adamsrd
July 6th, 2008, 10:22 PM
I have written a computer program that reads a swimmer's "Go the Distance" Excel chart and displays swimming statistics and a set of graphs. If any one is interested in the program, I will be glad to send it to you. Unfortunately you will need an application called MATLAB to run the program. If you do not have MATLAB, but would still like a program, please let me know and I will work on a freeware version.

Information displayed:

stats for the year to date:
miles and yards swam
average miles and yards swam per day
average miles and yards swam per workout
percent of days with a swim workout
On track to swim ___ miles in 2008

stats for the month to date:
miles and yards swam
miles and yards swam per day
miles and yards swam per workout
On track to swim ___ miles this month

other stats
_____ days to complete _user choice__ miles in last 365 days
In order to complete _user choice__ miles in 2008,
need to average ____ yards per day

Top ten daily swim distances (dates and distances identified)
Top ten 2 day swim distances
Top ten 3 day swim distances
... etc up to:
Top ten 30 day swim distances
For each top ten list, the minimum yardage needed to swim tomorrow to break the given personal distance record is provided.

Graph of the total mileage swam in the last 365 days versus calendar month
Graph of the average yards per workout in the last 30 workouts versus calendar month
Graph of the 30 day cumulative swim distance versus calendar month

smontanaro
July 6th, 2008, 11:27 PM
If you do not have MATLAB, but would still like a program, please let me know and I will work on a freeware version.

Python+Matplotlib would probably be a good (and free) alternative to MATLAB.

Skip

swimshark
July 7th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Wow, you go Mel!!