PDA

View Full Version : What age will (you/I die?

3strokes
August 27th, 2007, 12:02 PM
http://www.blogthings.com/whatagewillyoudiequiz/

This is just for fun.
I took the quiz and do I have news for you!
I -supposedly- died at age 55 ....:wave: (in 2008 ---if I make it that far into my dead years---I'll be swimming in the 65-69 group)

3strokes
August 27th, 2007, 12:05 PM
http://www.blogthings.com/whatagewillyoudiequiz/

This is just for fun.
I took the quiz and do I have news for you!
I -supposedly- died at age 55 ....:wave: (in 2008 ---if I make it that far into my dead years---I'll be swimming in the 65-69 group)

Slowswim
August 27th, 2007, 12:29 PM
I am going to dies at 82. I guess I'm doing something right. Not sure what though. Maybe time for more...:wine:

3Strokes: I'm sorry I didn't make it to the funeral. You have been missed for a long time.:party2:
</IMG></IMG>

gull
August 27th, 2007, 12:39 PM

If I start taking a multivitamin, 85. I'm not sure there is any data to support that.

If I sleep an extra two hours per night, I'll live an additional three years. Of course I will have spent a total of three more years sleeping (2 hours/night x 365 days/year x 35 years). I think I'd rather hang onto those extra waking hours while I'm young.

imspoiled
August 27th, 2007, 12:51 PM
I got 82 as well. No suggestions for how to improve that though. Ahmed, are you sure you took the right test? Seems 82 is the default answer. Oh, sorry to hear about your passing.:cry:

Dana

ALM
August 27th, 2007, 12:57 PM
I got age 88.

Here's another interesting one. This one takes longer and you need to know a few facts about yourself (cholesterol, blood pressure). You'll need to provide an e-mail address to get the results but they don't send junk mail or anything.

www.realage.com

Click on the orange dot that says "Take the RealAge Test".

FYI, my chronological age is 46; my "real age" according to the web site is 38.5.

Anna Lea

gull
August 27th, 2007, 12:57 PM
I got 82 as well. No suggestions for how to improve that though.

You can retake the quiz and see how the result changes with different answers.

SwimStud
August 27th, 2007, 12:58 PM
I got 82 as well. No suggestions for how to improve that though. Ahmed, are you sure you took the right test? Seems 82 is the default answer. Oh, sorry to hear about your passing.:cry:

Dana

OK Question 11) Do you eat your fruits and vegetables?

Not really
YesI didn't know I had fruits and veg....

Well I'll live until I am 76. Good news. I guess I can fly to Austin safely next year then....

The Fortress
August 27th, 2007, 05:41 PM

If I start taking a multivitamin, 85. I'm not sure there is any data to support that.

If I sleep an extra two hours per night, I'll live an additional three years. Of course I will have spent a total of three more years sleeping (2 hours/night x 365 days/year x 35 years). I think I'd rather hang onto those extra waking hours while I'm young.

My draculina ways are dragging down my life expectancy too. I also put too many miles on my car ...

But even though I apparently won't hit 90, my real age is less than my calendar age. (Same as Anna Lea) That all makes a lot of sense.

ensignada
August 27th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Nuts. I'm barely outliving SS, and my real age is older. :cry:

Good cholesterol, no smoking, not much drinking, exercise...apparently nothing really offsets the ole family medical history. Damn genes. :dunno:

geochuck
August 28th, 2007, 01:24 AM
I left this world 10 years ago.

david.margrave
August 28th, 2007, 02:03 AM
I got 88. One thing they don't consider is when you were born. The odds are that young people today will live longer than their parents, on the average, as new treatments and cures are developed. One guy I work with, a futurist type, thinks we're on the verge of major breakthroughs.

3strokes
August 28th, 2007, 08:25 AM
OK Question 11) Do you eat your fruits and vegetables?

Not really
YesI didn't know I had fruits and veg....

That is because it is dangerous to eat somebody else's fruits and vegetables (specially if they own guns and they happen to be hungry vegetarians.)

3strokes
August 28th, 2007, 08:30 AM
So far, it looks like two out of ten Master Swimmers (on this thread, at least) are already dead. Is "swimming" that dangerous?
However, true to life, they are/were men.

And (coincidence?) they both swam in the same pool years and years ago.........

geochuck
August 28th, 2007, 09:04 AM
I checked out my dad he was supposed to depart at 54 but outlived that by39 years. He would have gone on farther then that but he hurt himself working when he was 93.

tjburk
August 28th, 2007, 10:40 AM
I am going to die? No way.....I refuse......LOL

79 is the ripe old age they have me checking out of here and going home!!!
Can't wait!!!!!

gull
August 28th, 2007, 10:47 AM
79 is the ripe old age they have me checking out of here and going home!!!

Right before you age up? That really sucks.

Get a dog. You'll add three years.

Slowswim
August 28th, 2007, 11:10 AM
The odds are that young people today will live longer than their parents, on the average, as new treatments and cures are developed.

I read several places, the the current young generation is the first expected not to outlive their parents. It bad diet and no exercise. When I look around all I see are obese kids.

Growing up, I don't think I ever saw "love handles" on a teen age girl! The boys are worse. It seems they are very slim (few) or obese (the majority).

david.margrave
August 28th, 2007, 01:06 PM
I read several places, the the current young generation is the first expected not to outlive their parents. It bad diet and no exercise. When I look around all I see are obese kids.

Here's a relevant story

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/lifestyle/health/chi-obesity28aug28,1,6819560.story

I've also heard a few dissenting opinions, which point out that these figures are based on BMI alone.

BMI was revised downward in 1998

http://www.doctorslounge.com/primary/diseases/metabolic/obesity.htm

Slowswim
August 28th, 2007, 04:12 PM
As bad as the number for obese kids are. Its only those in the top 95th percentile for the pediatric weight charts!?!

No doubt in my mind that the south leads in obesity.

meldyck
August 28th, 2007, 04:19 PM
79 is the ripe old age they have me checking out of here...

I'm with Tracy here on the DOD. But, since I turn 79 late in the year, I may try to negotiate a couple of extra months. After all, according to FINA rules, I'll be 80 on 1 Jan. Might just be able to sneak in a couple of meets on the way out!

knelson
August 28th, 2007, 04:29 PM
I read several places, the the current young generation is the first expected not to outlive their parents.

I assume you really mean they won't live to an older age than their parents, not outlive their parents (in other words, die before their parents).

Slowswim
August 28th, 2007, 04:56 PM
I assume you really mean they won't live to an older age than their parents, not outlive their parents (in other words, die before their parents).

Correct. Where the parent's life expectancy was 72 years and the children's should be something higher, JAMA is saying it something lower. Not that the parents can expect to be alive and their kids die of "old age due to obesity."

islandsox
August 29th, 2007, 02:06 PM
I'll be leaving yall in 2024. I'll be 76 unless I have a marine life encounter on my Utila Swim in 2008 and have to leave sooner!

newmastersswimmer
August 29th, 2007, 03:51 PM
O.k. the quiz says I will live to be 82....but, as I mentioned on here a while back, I plan on living much much longer than that....o.k. so maybe I'll eventulally just be something like a head in a Jar like on Futurama (or something similar) ....but at least I will be alive right? LOL!

dorothyrde
August 29th, 2007, 07:10 PM
94, I think it is the dog. Thanks Rosie.:wine:

geochuck
August 29th, 2007, 07:53 PM
If you fib you either live longer or die sooner. Please tell the truth.

craiglll@yahoo.com
August 30th, 2007, 10:07 AM
This test 76. Once I took a test and the result was the next year. A huge area in that test was number of operations. Also, in one test I took it asked if the taker had had any major body organs removed. that seems to be really important.

geochuck
August 30th, 2007, 10:40 AM
I just read this MSN health story about health http://health.msn.com/dietfitness/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100168474&GT1=10316

3strokes
August 30th, 2007, 12:17 PM
I'll be leaving yall in 2024. I'll be 76 unless I have a marine life encounter on my Utila Swim in 2008 and have to leave sooner!

Look on the bright side of opportunities, Donna.
That marine life encounter might be a friendly dolphin, off of which you could draft (so don't forget a huge bag of sardines and a long pole. Pole as in "carrot or stick" not as in our (in)famous pool pole).

Thus spake this (my) zombie voice from my hypothetical e-nine-year grave.

Blackbeard's Peg
August 31st, 2007, 12:57 AM
I got 73. Apparenly I am pretty average.

MAC swimmer
August 31st, 2007, 02:20 PM
85. This site is for women, however. How do I know that? Because all of the other blog topics are things like, "The Underwear Oracle", and "What do guys think of your hair." :dunno:

geochuck
August 31st, 2007, 08:55 PM
My hair part #1 and Part #2 buzz cut.

dorothyrde
September 3rd, 2007, 08:31 AM
85. This site is for women, however. How do I know that? Because all of the other blog topics are things like, "The Underwear Oracle", and "What do guys think of your hair." :dunno:

Honestly, probably because women tend to take quizes more often. There are always quizes in women's magazines. My DD is into them, and takes them so seriously and I tease her about it.<only way to deal with a teen>

dorothyrde
September 3rd, 2007, 08:33 AM
I just read this MSN health story about health http://health.msn.com/dietfitness/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100168474&GT1=10316

I have been demanding outdoor meetings at work for years!