PDA

View Full Version : Back to School!

Swimmy
August 27th, 2007, 05:56 PM
What happened to the summer? Today was the first day back to school!
Boo hoo! Looks like I have a good class this year. You parents out there must be happy the little darlings are going back to school!
179 school days left until summer vacation.....:cry:
Swimmy

swim4me
August 27th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Saturday I dropped my one and only off for her freshman year of college. Boy is the house lonely :sad:. And to make it worse, her dad is a runner and does not understand swimmers :violin:. She is a water polo goalie who got her start in swimming (my buddy) and she even swam several workouts with me these past few weeks. Kind of cool that her 45 yo mom can beat her 18 yo daughter:fish2:(she would say she was not trying:lmao:). Anyway this school year is very different than the 12 before it :cry:.

SwimStud
August 27th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Saturday I dropped my one and only off for her freshman year of college. Boy is the house lonely :sad:. And to make it worse, her dad is a runner and does not understand swimmers :violin:. She is a water polo goalie who got her start in swimming (my buddy) and she even swam several workouts with me these past few weeks. Kind of cool that her 45 yo mom can beat her 18 yo daughter:fish2:(she would say she was not trying:lmao:). Anyway this school year is very different than the 12 before it :cry:.

Wait...you and hubby can take up some new hobbies to do together...

swim4me
August 27th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Wait...you and hubby can take up some new hobbies to do together...

I did remember that we were back to pre-kid days :hug:

The Fortress
August 27th, 2007, 09:30 PM
You parents out there must be happy the little darlings are going back to school! Swimmy

No! I love August! I never want it to end. August usually = very few swim or track meets, less driving and vacation. School = absolute craziness during the week, busy weekends and fall allergy season. Rock on August.

ensignada
August 28th, 2007, 05:38 PM
I'm with Fortress on this one. June and July were so hectic (and I only have one) that she told me in August that THIS is what summer vacation should feel like.

I miss her when she's back in school. (She doesn't miss me, but that's as it should be.)