PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos on Swimmers

ande
August 30th, 2007, 11:31 AM
What:
Where:
Why:
Tell us about yours

I don't have any, well I have a dot on my right palm where I stabbed myself with a pen.
Honestly I'm working on a song about tattoos on women.

SwimStud
August 30th, 2007, 11:46 AM
What:
Where:
Why:
Tell us about yours

You first!

scyfreestyler
August 30th, 2007, 12:29 PM
I would not put graffiti on my car or my house, I'm not going to put it on my body either.

JennyS
August 30th, 2007, 01:09 PM
What:
Where:
Why:
Tell us about yours

I don't have any, well I have a dot on my right palm where I stabbed myself with a pen.

Thats funny, I have a dot on my knee where I stabbed myself with a pencil a hundred years ago. It's bluish-grey. Is your dot colored, or just a scar?

CreamPuff
August 30th, 2007, 01:15 PM
None. And I'm glad. They are out right now.

knelson
August 30th, 2007, 01:19 PM
I would not put graffiti on my car or my house, I'm not going to put it on my body either.

Yeah, but do you hang art of any kind on the walls of your house? To many people tattoos are more analogous to artwork than to graffiti. I think having a large percentage of your body covered by tattoos is a little excessive, but, hey, whatever floats your boat.

I have a small spartan head logo on my right ankle.

SwimStud
August 30th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Yeah, but do you hang art of any kind on the walls of your house? To many people tattoos are more analogous to artwork than to graffiti. I think having a large percentage of your body covered by tattoos is a little excessive, but, hey, whatever floats your boat.

I have a small spartan head logo on my right ankle.

lol saw 300 did you?

I don't have any, yet. Some folks consider graffiti art too...

Slowswim
August 30th, 2007, 01:49 PM
None yet. To me they're like baggy pants with underwear showing.

Definitely don't like them on women (even the tramp stamp).

Yes to scars. I earned them I didn't get them.:cane:
</IMG>

James
August 30th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Hey Ande

I have a Tribal armband on my right bicep with 4 Chinese symbols worked into the piece. They are symbols for myself. I have had this tattoo for about 5 years. How ironic that you make this thread because tomorrow I am getting another tattoo on my other arm, same concept, but the symbols are for my wife and two sons.

let me know if you want pictures.

Jim

ensignada
August 30th, 2007, 04:09 PM
No tattoos. I don't like them on men or women. A (female) friend of mine has several "artistic" ones: to each his/her own. I will say, I've never seen one on a woman over 50 that looks good (and I saw plenty at the pool this summer).

meldyck
August 30th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Don't forget John Smith with the scruffy cow with horns. For some school he attended, I guess...

Blackbeard's Peg
August 30th, 2007, 10:02 PM
I've got zero, but am fascinated by tattoos. As with graffiti, I think they're an art form. If I ever got anything, it would likely be something NW indian totem pole related. I hate museums, but could lose days going through a place w/ that kind of stuff. Anthony Ervin's arms looked pretty sweet.

FindingMyInnerFish
August 31st, 2007, 06:55 AM
They're not for me because....

1. It hurts to get them (from what I hear, no personal experience).
2. Once you have one, you're pretty much stuck with it (sure, you can have them removed, but that too is a painful process and not always effective), so you have to be absolutely sure it's something you want to live with for years, possibly the rest of your life.

I have no problem with them on others, and some running and swimming friends have gotten ones that are cool looking and not over the top. But this doesn't make me want to run right out and get one myself. (See above.) I don't care for the covered with tattoos look. I once saw a woman with so many it looked as if she was wearing textured stockings. And my reaction: OUCH! That HAD to HURT!

Just MHO, if someone's considering getting one, there are those henna "tattoos" that wash off, so you can always get rid of them if you decide you don't like them. But even those don't interest me.

MAC swimmer
August 31st, 2007, 08:11 AM
Scars? Yes. Tattoos? No. Although I secretly think some are pretty cool.

blainesapprentice
August 31st, 2007, 08:27 AM
I don't have any either--I don't think I ever will--too afraid of what it will look like when im older and such...Our diver has a really cool one though...it's on his upper back and it's in a really pale blue ink---starting on the far left of his back is a man facing the center (that kinda looks like those wooden models that artists use to see different poses and stuff) jumping up (as if off a board) then a few inches in to the right is a man in the tuck position in the "air", a little further to the right is another man, flipping in the tuck position in the "air" from the other direction, then finally on the far right is another man standing on the ground facing the center--and it looks as though that person has either just landed a double flip dive, or that that person and the other person are doing a synchronized flip dive. It's pretty sweet--if I was in like the top 5 divers in the country I'd probably have that too..

imspoiled
August 31st, 2007, 12:22 PM
I have a small rose in bloom on my ankle. Got it ten years ago on the last night of a vacation in Florida. My husband said he would get a belly ring if I got a tatoo. He thought I'd chicken out. As it turned out, the guy who did the piercings was off, so Mr. Spoiled never held up his end!

I'm not a big fan of head-to-toe body art, but everything about my experiece was fun, so I wouldn't rule out doing it again. It's been ten years though, so obviously there hasn't been a compelling reason to add a new one.

The one I have is enough to surprise people--most who know me are shocked the first time they see it (It's very discrete and hardly visible through dark stockings). Aparently, I give the impression of being too conservative for a tatoo. :laugh2:

Dana

Slowswim
August 31st, 2007, 12:46 PM
The military still does very formal events and formal ball.

My wife and I arrived for one and the 20 something ladies were very nice in their gowns until you saw the tattoo's! Somehow they just looked like shabby. Too bad for such an expensive gown, shoes, hair, and event.

bud
August 31st, 2007, 01:02 PM
it was the summer of 1977. at "Tiger Jimmy's", just off the strip in San Diego. i was about 4 weeks out of Navy boot camp. it is a mature male lions head superimposed on a flaming sun, inside my right forearm (its roughly 2.5" in diameter). even though it has faded a lot, you can still easily tell what it is. at the time i liked it, thought it was cool, and figgered if i was going to be a sailor i may as well be a tattooed one. yes, i am a Leo. i think it cost me $35, which at the time i thought was pretty steep.

i still like it. have never regretted it.

i used to get a thrill out of the surprised looks folks would have when i was younger. especially store/register clerks. it is not all that noticeable, but when i reach out my arm to pay (etc.) it sort of jumps out at you. that does not happen so much anymore, no doubt due to both the current popularity of tattoos and card swipe pay stations.

some folks still ask to see it. i need to hold my arm out to be able to get a good look at it. i tell folks "that is where i'd rather be... a lion (lyin') in the sun." :"> (what can i say... i like cornball humor.)

even though i wear short sleeves most of the time (so it should be in clear view), i'm surprised at the number of folks who've known me for a while and never notice it.

don't forget Lydia the Tattooed Lady (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=lydia+the+tattooed+lady+marx)

James
August 31st, 2007, 02:50 PM
Hey Ande

I have a Tribal armband on my right bicep with 4 Chinese symbols worked into the piece. They are symbols for myself. I have had this tattoo for about 5 years. How ironic that you make this thread because tomorrow I am getting another tattoo on my other arm, same concept, but the symbols are for my wife and two sons.

let me know if you want pictures.

Jim

got my new tattoo today and am so glad i did it. i love the fact that anywhere I go, i have a piece of my family with me at all times.

Seagurl51
September 4th, 2007, 05:03 PM
I have a small one on my hip you can't see unless I chose to show you or you catch me changing. I love it. It means a lot to me and helps to keep me grounded and remind me of what's important.

I plan on getting two more small ones that are also easily hidden, I dont' know if you'll be able to see any of them even with my swimsuit on. People don't even know I have a tattoo unless I tell them, and I like that. I don't mind showing mine off if you ask, but I like having the option of hiding.

scwids
September 4th, 2007, 09:34 PM

Apparently, I have vandalized my body! :D I have 3 and have never regretted any of them - the latest is rather large in the classic "tramp stamp" area (small of the back). It's a Tahitian tribal version of Scorpio. I got it when I finished my last residency month of training in the NICU. The pain of getting it was nothing compared to being on call for 36 hours straight in the ICU.

Personally, I just love blowing stereotypes out of the water. There are still plenty of people who still think that tattoo automatically = violent junkie gang member. Apparently tattoo can also = attending physician at academic center/open water swimmer! :joker:

I have made a deal with myself that I am not allowed to get any more tattoos until I swim that @#$%^& Chesapeake Bay 4.4!!!!

SwimStud
September 5th, 2007, 08:25 AM
I have made a deal with myself that I am not allowed to get any more tattoos until I swim that @#$%^& Chesapeake Bay 4.4!!!!

Just dry off, eat and rehydrate first :banana:

Thank you, thank you...I'm here all week...

SwimStud
September 5th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Thought of the day...

Why is it that a guy gets a tat and it's either OK or at worse he's thought to be criminal. Yet, for a girl it equates to being a trollop? Why is it that a girl is just immediately thought to be a trollop? It's just a piece of body decoration like earrings, bracelets, ankle chains, belly rings etc etc. Surely this is the old double standard at work again...

aquageek
September 5th, 2007, 01:18 PM
I am a big fan of tattoos. If I were more of a man, I'd have one. Do you have to stay out of the pool for X weeks when you get it?

Seagurl51
September 5th, 2007, 02:03 PM
I am a big fan of tattoos. If I were more of a man, I'd have one. Do you have to stay out of the pool for X weeks when you get it?

You're supposed to avoid chlorine for about 3 weeks after. I was only out about 2. It caused a few of the scabs to come off early and left holes in the colour where the ink didn't take as well, but they're easily fixable.

scyfreestyler
September 5th, 2007, 02:38 PM

Get some dreck tatooed across your back...put a little fear into your triathlon opponents as you pass them.

aquaFeisty
September 5th, 2007, 03:09 PM
I always said I'd get a tattoo if I broke 1:00 in the 100 free. Now that I have a daughter, though, I'm not sure that I really want HER to get a tattoo. Hmmm... and it would be kind of hard to argue the point if Mommy had one...

Regardless, the minute hasn't been broken yet so we'll have to wait and see.

knelson
September 5th, 2007, 03:20 PM
You're supposed to avoid chlorine for about 3 weeks after.

I personally think that's an old wives' tale. I got mine in college and staying out of the water wasn't exactly an option. I was back in the next day and I don't think it affected the tattoo.

Slowswim
September 5th, 2007, 03:28 PM
I always said I'd get a tattoo if I broke 1:00 in the 100 free. Now that I have a daughter, though, I'm not sure that I really want HER to get a tattoo. Hmmm... and it would be kind of hard to argue the point if Mommy had one...

Regardless, the minute hasn't been broken yet so we'll have to wait and see.

I don't think it would be a hard arguement to make if it is to commemorate an accomplishment.

I'd probably get an M Dot if I did an Iron Man or a map of Manhatten if I swam around it, but those are easy. I don't know what would be appropiate for breaking a minute. If you wrote the time, what would you do if you broke it again?

The only other tattoo I'd get is the symbols that the Japanesse used to pronounce my Dad's last name when he was a POW during WWII (captured on Bataan). But I'd have to really trust the letters. I've heard that people who get oriental letters (even celtic symbols) are sometimes shocked by what they really mean!:blush::bolt:

scyfreestyler
September 5th, 2007, 03:39 PM
The men out there considering a tattoo and looking for ideas might want to search for puff the magic dragon. I think it would make a good start for somebody looking to get some "body art".

SwimStud
September 5th, 2007, 03:52 PM

The men out there considering a tattoo and looking for ideas might want to search for puff the magic dragon. I think it would make a good start for somebody looking to get some "body art".

Hmmm Go for it Geek. Prove how manly you are to us.
"Squeal like a pig!" across your chest would make for an awesome tattoo...

Slowswim
September 5th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Hmmm Go for it Geek. Prove how manly you are to us.
"Squeal like a pig!" across your chest would make for an awesome tattoo...

No, that would a Tramp Stamp. I think I hear a banjo! :bolt:

"Boy you got perdy teeth..."

</IMG>

smontanaro
September 5th, 2007, 04:27 PM
But I'd have to really trust the letters. I've heard that people who get oriental letters (even celtic symbols) are sometimes shocked by what they really mean!:blush::bolt:

When I lived in California many years ago I would see Japanese tourists wearing t-shirts bearing English phrases on them that were complete nonsense. I wonder about the same thing when I see someone sporting a tattoo containing Asian glyphs.

Skip Montanaro

aquageek
September 5th, 2007, 04:29 PM
I'd probably get an M Dot if I did an Iron Man or a map of Manhatten if I swam around it, but those are easy.

Another of my pet peeves, can't you folks think of anything more creative than the Timex logo for a tattoo? I always snicker when I see the Timex tattoo on folks instead of doing some neat tat to commemorate the accomplishment. I'm the same way about the trendy (but now silly) tribal armbands and the tramp stamp, nothing unique about those, just another member of the pack.

I like the idea of the Manhattan island tattoo, that's pretty good. Maybe I'll start putting posters I've shamed on my body, first gull, soon stud, although Fort would dust me in the 50 fly.

smontanaro
September 5th, 2007, 04:35 PM
How about the little Olympic swimmer icon with

100 < 1:00

underneath it?

Skip

aquageek
September 5th, 2007, 04:37 PM
How about the little Olympic swimmer icon with

100 < 1:00

underneath it?

Skip

I like that but Stud couldn't get it.

islandsox
September 5th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Here's info about mine:

What: Beautiful Butterfly
Where: Left Hip
Why: The Bikers at the bar told me it was $15.00
When: 1970

Note: Now that I am a much larger gal, my butterfly has morphed into a full-blown American Eagle. The word "appreciation" rather than "depreciation" comes to mind.

Donna

aquaFeisty
September 5th, 2007, 05:11 PM
heehee, good point re: the accomplishment, but not sure if a sub-minute 100 ranks up there with ironman or swim around manhattan!

and I was thinking a fish. want to talk about un-creative! :)

scyfreestyler
September 5th, 2007, 05:15 PM
heehee, good point re: the accomplishment, but not sure if a sub-minute 100 ranks up there with ironman or swim around manhattan!
and I was thinking a fish. want to talk about un-creative! :)

Perhaps not...but in LCM, a sub minute 100 is pretty impressive by my standards. Obviously, this would all be meaningless to the majority of those who would see the tattoo in question.

Hopefully Geek will have his Gull, Stud, and Fort tatoos inked in for Austin 2008.

Jeff Commings
September 5th, 2007, 05:39 PM
I am so glad I didn't cave to peer pressure and get a Longhorn tattooed in my private area in college. I was *thisclose* to doing it my sophomore year.

I wrote a story about people getting, then removing, their tattoos. That convinced me to never, ever put ink in my skin.

SwimStud
September 5th, 2007, 05:58 PM
I like that but Stud couldn't get it.

Oh I think I can....

Blackbeard's Peg
September 5th, 2007, 10:08 PM
I am so glad I didn't cave to peer pressure and get a Longhorn tattooed in my private area in college. I was *thisclose* to doing it my sophomore year.

There are quite a few swim teams who seem to do something similar...

JimCanSwim
September 6th, 2007, 08:46 AM
What: Green Celtic Knot
Where: Right upper arm
Why: 1) To celebrate my Irish heritage 2) I always liked the symbol of knot patterns that go into and out of one another. The knot here represents the immortality of the soul.

I also have some kanji on my left upper arm. I'd love to get one or two more but I hate to take the time out of the pool!

JIM

scwids
September 6th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Just dry off, eat and rehydrate first :banana:

Thank you, thank you...I'm here all week...

Stud, you make me laugh! :rofl: Swimming in the Chesapeake is not exactly a hygenic experience either, so I would say CLEAN off, eat, and rehydrate!

SwimStud
September 6th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Stud, you make me laugh!

Yes but looks don't count! Ba-doomp. I 'm swimming in the Hudson next weekend..so don't cry about hygenic water to me :thhbbb:
I'm hoping to grow extra limbs , or mutate with webbing between my toes and fingers so I can break all sorts of records...

:D

Swimmy
September 6th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Yes but looks don't count! Ba-doomp. I 'm swimming in the Hudson next weekend..so don't cry about hygenic water to me :thhbbb:
I'm hoping to grow extra limbs , or mutate with webbing between my toes and fingers so I can break all sorts of records...

:D

Cool! Take pictures! Webbed feet would definitely be an asset in swimming!
Swimmy
:cheerleader:

quicksilver
September 6th, 2007, 08:51 PM
There's a time and a place for everything.

This fellow will be the talk of the nursing home one day.

SwimStud
September 7th, 2007, 08:26 AM
There's a time and a place for everything.

This fellow will be the talk of the nursing home one day.

The facial stuff is henna.

quicksilver
September 7th, 2007, 09:05 AM
The facial stuff is henna.

Mike Tyson may have asked incorrectly.

SwimStud
September 7th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Mike Tyson may have asked incorrectly.

I meant on that pic...no all facial tattoo. Perhaps I should have said that tattoo lools like henna...

Slowswim
September 7th, 2007, 12:16 PM
The "body marking" I truly don't get is the Omegas and their brandings!:bolt:
</IMG>

TomBrooklyn
October 18th, 2007, 02:07 AM
Make sure you trust your tattoo artist. It amazes me how lightly some people treat tattoos. These guys were just having a little fun...

Penis tattoo...

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.html?in_article_id=34205&in_page_id=2

Ugly Boy

http://extracurry.blogspot.com/2006_01_01_archive.html

Tattoos seem to be more permanent than love...

Pete Doherty http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article.html?in_article_id=60777&in_page_id=7&in_a_source=

Husband dumped http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=69190&in_page_id=34

That's not stopping Beckham though http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article.html?in_article_id=26115&in_page_id=7

TomBrooklyn
October 18th, 2007, 02:10 AM
Anybody got a skull with daggers going through it or a snake crawling out the eye sockets? I'd like to hear about the motivation behind that popular motif.

Jeff
October 18th, 2007, 07:46 AM
4 tats
cross on left arm, theatrical faces on right shoulder, Dragon on the back of my right shoulder, and party tracks

SwimStud
October 18th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Anybody got a skull with daggers going through it or a snake crawling out the eye sockets? I'd like to hear about the motivation behind that popular motif.

I'll ask my Mother....

Swimmer Bill
October 18th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Right ankle, tsunami wave band, a gentle reminder that there's a swimmer here somewhere.

:bolt:

craiglll@yahoo.com
October 18th, 2007, 04:15 PM
My grandmother was born in 1904. Somewhere in her life she had Nellie Nelson (her maiden name) tattooed on her upper thigh. She was married four times. When she returned from college her freshman year, she had her ears prieced. He fahter forbid her to ever eat at the dining room table in his house. My great grand father lived to be 98 yers old. I remember many Sunday's after church when my grandmother eat in the kitchen with Ruth, my great grandfather's housekeeper. She also smoked. Whenever she needed to smoke she would go outside to have a cigarette.

I would never get a tattoo. I've never seen one that I thought was even barely nice looking. Each to his own though. I have great scars though. One going down my abdomen. Once while I was changing at the Y, a boy around 8 years old asked me how I got the scar. I told him that I was in a knife fight. His jaw dropped. I alos told him that he should see the other guy. It really is from a colectomy. I also have a great scar from the temporary ileostomy. It really looks like a knife jabbed me in the stomach. Don't even ask about the scars on my nees!

Willow
October 20th, 2007, 11:57 AM
When I was a furious young feminist I used to terrorize (I thought) boys by scornfully telling them that I had a giant bear trap tattoo around my bait. What I didn't understand then was that it probably only made the bait more alluring, and had the opposite effect of what I was going for.

Being kind of fickle, I could never commit to any static image, so I haven't ever got a tattoo. However, I am so madly in love with my border collie Parker, that I have decided to get his paw print tattooed on my sternum when he passes away. The more painful and cathartic the better, because I am going to be a mess when I lose him.

Willow

poolraat
October 20th, 2007, 01:58 PM
When I was a furious young feminist I used to terrorize (I thought) boys by scornfully telling them that I had a giant bear trap tattoo around my bait. What I didn't understand then was that it probably only made the bait more alluring, and had the opposite effect of what I was going for.

Being kind of fickle, I could never commit to any static image, so I haven't ever got a tattoo. However, I am so madly in love with my border collie Parker, that I have decided to get his paw print tattooed on my sternum when he passes away. The more painful and cathartic the better, because I am going to be a mess when I lose him.

Willow

Regarding the bear trap.... How intriguing!! LMAO

I lost my yellow lab, Charlie last May and I still miss her.

Willow
October 21st, 2007, 12:16 PM
Poolraat,

My sympathy and empathy to you regarding your loss. I've borne so many of those losses in my life. Their lives are so brief. Every single day of Parker's time with me has been a treasure. Every day I take a moment, when he has his paws on my shoulders and he is looking into my eyes, to think "I'm going to remember this love".

Even though it hurts eventually, it is so worth it.

I hope you find another great dog.

Willow

DeletedAccount
October 11th, 2008, 05:50 PM
What: Hammerhead shark/Great White shark tooth
Where: Back/Calf
Why: Makes me swim faster...

Getting a Great White on the other side of my back next week and have an appt. to get a Tiger shark in April '09, along with the Hammerhead and Tiger teeth.....

Here's a pic of the Hammerhead: http://www.outpost31.com/todd/images/HammerheadTattoo.jpg

Michelina
October 11th, 2008, 06:12 PM
19 years old - one night a few friends decided we would get tattoos over dinner. We all talked about what we would get and where. It was a odd time in my life where I was lost in many respects. Winnie the Pooh was the thing that always put a smile on my face. Even his cute little songs used to make me laugh and sayings always spoke to me. “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.” So with that said, Winnie the Pooh is located on the inside of my right hip bone.

24 years old - It all started with me agreeing to go with a friend while she got a beautiful dragon on the base of her skull / neck. The work was very very detailed and it was going to be an all day job. About 3 hours into her work, looking for something to do, I started flipping through magazines and photos. And then decided that I would like a "little butterfly". We drew it up, and a few hours later I was inked on my lower back.

I have to say I am not the fan of the title "tramp stamp" as not everyone that has a tattoo in that area is a tramp.

tjrpatt
October 11th, 2008, 06:24 PM
There is this guy who shows up to my Master practice and he seems to be going for the Tommy Lee/Travis Barker effect. I just don't get why someone wants to be all inked up like that and the money he spent on it must have been insane.

At 19, I thought about getting a tattoo on my stomach if I ever got a flat stomach. But, the thing is that I did have the flat stomach even though in my mind, I still flat doughy. Of course, right now, I am doughier than dough. Now, I am not into getting tattoos. Who knows, I might change my mind at 50 when I am going through my mind life crisis.

I am baffled that Angelina Jolie tatts up that beautiful body of hers.

Women with big tattoos on their arms is not attractive.

jim thornton
October 11th, 2008, 06:52 PM
I went in to pick up a pizza the other day, and the girl at the register had a barcode tattooed on her neck. I had never seen one of these before, though I have subsequently learned from a tat addict friend that these are kind of a cliche. Anyhow, I asked her, "How much are you?"

When she figured out what I was talking about, she said her boyfriend actually used a barcode scanner on her once to find out.

"It came up 'ERROR'," she said.

Ande, maybe you can work this into your song somehow.

For what it's worth, it makes one wonder what the Nazis would have done with barcode tattoing technology in their day.

A couple tattoo pieces of lore that I have heard that may or may not be true:

Many WWII guys got them to make body identification easier in the event of explosions.

Public health clinics, at least a couple decades ago, were warned that men with three or more tattoos, and women with two or more, had a much higher chance of being sociopaths than those not meeting these criteria

Virtually every American male bankrobber has at least one tattoo.

That little cross with the teardrop-like rays of light means the wearer hates black people.

One last thought: in 1976, while wandering the streets of Anaheim with $1.17 to my name, I passed a very spooky Manson girl with one of those X's tattooed on her forehead. I wonder how she looks today?

SwimStud
October 11th, 2008, 08:38 PM
I have to say I am not the fan of the title "tramp stamp" as not everyone that has a tattoo in that area is a tramp.

Please do not spoil the illuision for the rest of us!
:rofl:

Ripple
October 11th, 2008, 09:04 PM
One of these days I'd love to ask a dermatologist his/her opinion of those huge tattoos that cover vast areas of the body. I mean, skin is the largest organ, right? So how does it affect it to inject ink into a large percentage of it?

Rykno
October 12th, 2008, 01:20 PM
the baboon from Lion King lower back - because I liked the movie and when I saw it again with my now wife in an outdoor theatre I thought that it would be a good tat.

wolf face/head right quad - wanted something to do with my school, but at the same time didn't want a huskey so got a wolf

fish left ankle, something to do with swimming

chinese symbol for tiger upper back/neck - birth year

chinese symbol for rooster and a rooster - right ankle for my first daughter.

saving up for two carp in a ying yang since my second daughter is a piscies (year of the rat, but couldn't find a rat pic I liked, so going with her zodiac instead) it might serve as a cover up for my tiger symbol since I'm not sure I want visible tatttos at work, only on my free time.

Michelina
October 12th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Please do not spoil the illuision for the rest of us!
:rofl:

Yeah yeah yeah....:bouncing:

aquatune
October 12th, 2008, 09:39 PM
I've been going back and forth about this one for a while. I've decided to go forward with it, once I can find the symbols I want. It's going to be two fish in the configuration of the Pisces symbol, with 2 Japanese or Chinese characters in the middle. I'm having trouble finding the symbols. They are my message to myself and the whole design has a deeply spiritual meaning for me and honors my belief system. I've earned this tatoo as much as I've earned my scars. And yes I'm a woman. :drink:

Doug Adamavich
October 13th, 2008, 01:01 PM
No tats, although I got some good scars from mountain bike wrecks that I proudly wear. I have no desire to ink my skin either, just not my thing.

I think tattoos are disgusting and low-class but people can do with their bodies whatever they want. Just don't expect me to find them attractive ;-)

Right now I think they are a fad that is starting to wane. In AZ, a lot of people have them but I also know of some people who are getting them removed now. Whatever, not my thing.

Mary1912
October 13th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Here's info about mine:

What: Beautiful Butterfly
Where: Left Hip
Why: The Bikers at the bar told me it was $15.00
When: 1970

Note: Now that I am a much larger gal, my butterfly has morphed into a full-blown American Eagle. The word "appreciation" rather than "depreciation" comes to mind.

Donna

Mine is in the same place. It's my husbands name with vines wrapped around it.

After two kids it's not looking so hot. But oh well. I don't regret it.

some_girl
October 13th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I think tattoos are disgusting and low-class but people can do with their bodies whatever they want. Just don't expect me to find them attractive ;-)

That's funny. I find being closeminded and superficial disgusting and low-class.

Doug Adamavich
October 13th, 2008, 03:49 PM
That's funny. I find being closeminded and superficial disgusting and low-class.

Whoa there...guess one can't disagree without being labeled. Isn't that closemindedness instantiated?

Sheesh! Did not know my opinion carried so much weight, maybe I should switch to politics :joker:

Guess some people prefer to disagree in a disagreeable manner. No matter, I will continue to post and share my opinions. Anybody can choose to disagree with them since this is (for now) a free country.

some_girl
October 13th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Whoa there...guess one can't disagree without being labeled. Isn't that closemindedness instantiated?

Sheesh! Did not know my opinion carried so much weight, maybe I should switch to politics :joker:

Guess some people prefer to disagree in a disagreeable manner. No matter, I will continue to post and share my opinions. Anybody can choose to disagree with them since this is (for now) a free country.

Guess irony doesn't grow in the desert either.

beluga
October 13th, 2008, 04:42 PM

So you find tattoos disgusting and unattractive, big deal. But in the same breath you call those with tattoos low-class.

Talk about being disagreeing in a disagreeable manner!

mjgold
October 13th, 2008, 05:44 PM
What: Hammerhead shark/Great White shark tooth
Where: Back/Calf
Why: Makes me swim faster...

Getting a Great White on the other side of my back next week and have an appt. to get a Tiger shark in April '09, along with the Hammerhead and Tiger teeth.....

Here's a pic of the Hammerhead: http://www.outpost31.com/todd/images/HammerheadTattoo.jpg

The hammerhead is cool, but why do you have an appointment to get a tattoo 6 months in advance? I didn't make an appointment for any of mine (4).

aquageek
October 13th, 2008, 05:55 PM
There are two reasons I've never gotten a tattoo. First, I'm a big chicken. Second, I don't think I could stay out of the water long enough to not negatively impact the tattoo. I'm not a big fan if the tribal stuff.

I, too, found Adamavich's comment strange and rather bizarre.

Kurt Dickson
October 14th, 2008, 05:41 PM
A few observations from someone who has seen more tatoos than any 3 forumites:

Tatoos never look good on old people.

I saw a tatoo on a lady's ample buttocks last week (please don't make me recall the horror of why I had to be there in the first place). It meant to say "kiss my country ass" but was spelled wrong--who said irony doesn't grow in the desert (it flourishes along with festering wounds).

I don't get a tatoo for the same reason I don't drive a DaeWoo--I'm a snob, and I guess, equally closed-minded to writing/drawing on my body and Korean engineering--to each his own.:)

mjgold
October 14th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Not getting tattoos doesn't make you closed minded. Thinking everyone with a tattoo is a potential criminal and piece of trash makes you closed minded.

DeletedAccount
October 14th, 2008, 07:17 PM
The hammerhead is cool, but why do you have an appointment to get a tattoo 6 months in advance? I didn't make an appointment for any of mine (4).

Thanks! Because my artist is quite in demand, he is currently not even taking new clients. I booked the tat I am getting tomorrow back in Janaury, and I was super lucky to get in this year....

Can't wait to have my 3 sharks...!!!!
T

mjgold
October 14th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Well, I hope he does good work for that kind of demand! My next tat will be when I make the 2012 Olympic team, haha.

DeletedAccount
October 17th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Here is my Great White, inked Oct. 15th, pic taken right after it was finished: http://www.outpost31.com/todd/images/GWtattoo.jpg

T

orca1946
December 6th, 2008, 03:30 PM
4 tats
1 - ORCA with goggles in mouth on left calf
2- 2 hearts with my & wife's name
3- Ironman with 140.6 on upper back at the neck
4- butterflyer & freestyler in water on rt arm

Gydra
December 6th, 2008, 05:14 PM
I want a big whale over my big stomach :applaud:

cdrcld
December 8th, 2008, 03:24 PM
No tatoos for me thanks. But back in 1988 or 89, I was in Diego Garcia, and there was this drunk Australian sailor who was wandering around showing everyone a tatoo of a spider web he had tatooed on the end of his you-know-what. OUCH!!!

orca1946
December 9th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Pick something important in your life!!!

Kurt Dickson
December 12th, 2008, 04:20 PM
No tatoos for me thanks. But back in 1988 or 89, I was in Diego Garcia, and there was this drunk Australian sailor who was wandering around showing everyone a tatoo of a spider web he had tatooed on the end of his you-know-what. OUCH!!!

In my forensic pathology rotation, I saw a guy (dead) with "USDA" tatooed to his John Thomas--I wasn't impressed--although he was dead and there is the shrinkage factor.

Doug Adamavich
December 12th, 2008, 04:41 PM
In my forensic pathology rotation, I saw a guy (dead) with "USDA" tatooed to his John Thomas--I wasn't impressed--although he was dead and there is the shrinkage factor.

What a meat-head :shakeshead:

jim thornton
December 12th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Todd--that is an incredibly nice tattoo. Is it still healing, or is that pink fleshy stuff part of the design? It seems almost 3D.

Kurt, my limited knowledge of USDA beef suggests that the grades are, in reverse order of desirability by the consumer:

Grade C
Grade B
Grade A
Prime
Choice
Fancy

I think your DOA, god rest his soul, would have undercut his desire to appear masculine if he had stamped his member with an actual grade.

I mean, who wants to put USDA Grade C on his manhood, though this arguably would be the toughest, most grizzled, and least marbled way to go.

On the other hand, if you opt to invite the attention of gourmands, I think that USDA Fancy might attract a different kind of consumer than I think he was after. Probably he should have reconsidered having any kind of permanent endorsement here by a federal agency.

Best solution: though some want to get the government off their backs, I say everyone should want to get government off their peni.

SwimStud
December 12th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Best solution: though some want to get the government off their backs, I say everyone should want to get government off their peni.

I guess I could go with "Imported" as a design...or some other designs that make me titter:
"Handle With Care"
"This way up"
"Caution: May Contain Nuts!"
"Yield"

jim thornton
December 13th, 2008, 12:21 AM
"Caution: May Contain Nuts!"

This really made me chortle. I love the "may" part. Dang, you Brits are droll!

Kurt Dickson
December 13th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Todd--that is an incredibly nice tattoo. Is it still healing, or is that pink fleshy stuff part of the design? It seems almost 3D.

Kurt, my limited knowledge of USDA beef suggests that the grades are, in reverse order of desirability by the consumer:

Grade C
Grade B
Grade A
Prime
Choice
Fancy

I think your DOA, god rest his soul, would have undercut his desire to appear masculine if he had stamped his member with an actual grade.

I mean, who wants to put USDA Grade C on his manhood, though this arguably would be the toughest, most grizzled, and least marbled way to go.

On the other hand, if you opt to invite the attention of gourmands, I think that USDA Fancy might attract a different kind of consumer than I think he was after. Probably he should have reconsidered having any kind of permanent endorsement here by a federal agency.

Yes, I've always wondered why there was no grade there--perhaps he ran out of room. I'm sure there was a little whiskey tango (white trash) component there and so he possibly did not know any better.:angel:

mermaid
December 13th, 2008, 08:24 PM
stud -
by far the best response i have ever read!
lmao

orca1946
December 15th, 2008, 12:48 PM
We all know that beef is not as good for you as fish!

DeletedAccount
December 20th, 2008, 06:54 PM
jim,

Thanks. The photo was taken minutes after it was finished so it was still tender and a bit bloody...... I am having a Tiger shark done in the middle on April 3rd.

And here is a pic taken minutes after finishing the 2008 Bonaire EcoSwim 5k race: http://www.outpost31.com/todd/Bonaire/bonaire%20090.jpg

Thrashing Slug
December 21st, 2008, 07:31 AM
<snip>

Grade C
Grade B
Grade A
Prime
Choice
Fancy
<snip>

There is one other... "Grade D but edible". I saw this once, stamped on an empty lunchmeat packing box in my high school cafeteria.

jim thornton
December 21st, 2008, 12:42 PM
Thrashing slug, just a quick note to thank you for the chortles you have provided me with 1) Grade D, and 2) the Road Hazzard swimming stereotype.

And girded by this feeling of mirth, I now set my sights on the fate of the Magnificent Pittsburgh Steelers as they prepare to contend with the Tennessee Titans.

quicksilver
December 22nd, 2008, 08:31 PM
Olympians with skin art...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery/2008/aug/18/olympics2008.fashion?picture=336632052

orca1946
December 23rd, 2008, 12:22 PM
If I win at Nationals, I'll get a #1 on my arm!!

DeletedAccount
December 23rd, 2008, 01:21 PM
Olympians with skin art...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery/2008/aug/18/olympics2008.fashion?picture=336632052

Very cool link, thanks for posting. Neat to see Olympic swimmers with shark tats.

quicksilver
December 23rd, 2008, 08:50 PM
Your welcome. Sharks seem to be a popular theme with water sport athletes.

The Italian swimmer had an interesting one. :blush:
It might read a little differently in older age though.

jonblank
December 30th, 2008, 05:30 PM
One of these days I'd love to ask a dermatologist his/her opinion of those huge tattoos that cover vast areas of the body. I mean, skin is the largest organ, right? So how does it affect it to inject ink into a large percentage of it?

A good friend of mine in Atlanta is a dermatologist. He calls tattoos his "retirement plan", because of the cost associated with laser removal when the tattoos no longer fit the wearer.

I also saw a bar code tattoo on a swimmer here in Raleigh. When I asked what it was the bar code for, he gleefully replied, "It's for a 12 oz can of Spam". I haven't laughed so hard in a long time!

Rotorhead1026
January 14th, 2009, 01:29 AM
when the tattoos no longer fit the wearer

I've got Wile E. Coyote (in hot putsuit of RR) on the side of my left thigh. He'll always fit. Trust me. :)

Right after I got it I hiked Philmont for a couple of weeks, and so was able to stay out of the water. This was ten years ago and it still looks pretty good.

Now on to the story ...

A young Lt(jg) was sent to Norfolk to join his new seagoing assignment. While waiting, he drew the duty of supervising the brig one Saturday night. A British cruiser was visiting, and sure enough one of her enlisted sailors was dragged in - drunk, very disorderly, and cussing a blue streak. While processing the fellow in, the young officer got the story.

The fellow had come ashore on liberty, of course, and while standing barside repeatedly expressed his negative opinions of Americans, America, and the US Navy. Some of our own sailors overheard, of course, but rather than starting a fight, they bought the old veteran a drink - in the best spirit of international cooperation, of course.

This loosened the swabbie up a bit, and the negative opinions flowed a bit more freely. This begat another drink, which led to ... well, you get the idea.

He woke up in a tattoo parlor, just as the "artist" was finishing up his chest.

"GOD BLESS AMERICA"

My uncle, a retired O6, told me this and I'm pretty sure it's true. If it ain't, it oughtta be. :D

quicksilver
January 16th, 2009, 10:12 PM
It's true. My father was an officer in the Royal Navy and it was recounted many times.

Rotorhead1026
January 17th, 2009, 07:09 AM
My father was an officer in the Royal Navy

And no offense intended. Good lesson for young sailors ... "never pass out alone". :)

islandsox
January 17th, 2009, 11:27 AM
I had a Butterfly tatoo put on my butt when I was 18. It was in Fort Worth at a Biker's hang out. Now that I am "larger", it looks more like an Eagle now.

Donna
:banana::cheerleader:

jim thornton
January 17th, 2009, 05:42 PM
I bet that when you got that butterfly, it stung like a bee.

magyarjuli
January 17th, 2009, 10:35 PM
got my new tattoo today and am so glad i did it. i love the fact that anywhere I go, i have a piece of my family with me at all times.
Let's see pics Mr. Yankee

PoulsboH20
January 19th, 2009, 11:26 PM
When I was an age grouper in Nashville, we had some of the Canadian Olympic guys training with us. They all the maple leaf on their chests and I swear it looked like they had three nipples.
On a perversely related note, they were very popular with the ladies.

jim thornton
January 20th, 2009, 11:41 AM
When I was an age grouper in Nashville, we had some of the Canadian Olympic guys training with us. They all the maple leaf on their chests and I swear it looked like they had three nipples.
On a perversely related note, they were very popular with the ladies.

Perhaps the ladies thought that some maple syrup might drip out of their taps.

Rotorhead1026
January 20th, 2009, 11:54 AM
They all the maple leaf on their chests and I swear it looked like they had three nipples. They were very popular with the ladies.

Are you referring to the guys, the leafs, or the nipples? :D

BACKBOY
January 23rd, 2009, 02:03 AM
No tats for me, but I did get my ear pierced back in college (the 1970.... muffled date) before it was common place. Back then it was rebellious, (Hell no we won't go....errrrr tat)

jim thornton
January 23rd, 2009, 10:31 AM
I was at the 1-hour swim this weekend at Carnegie Mellon University and noticed the automatic defibrillator posted prominently. I joked to the lifeguard that maybe I should pre-shave my chest hair for two pads to be placed should the need arise.

My teammate Mermaid, who has great expertise in the lifeguarding arts, told me that AEDs now come with razor blades in case chestal hairs need to be shaved.

She also said they came with wire cutters.

"Wire cutters? What on earth for?"

"Nipple piercings," she replied.

It turns out that the jolt of electricity turns these singe-ingly hot. Something to consider when your thinking about getting your milk spigots mutilated!

orca1946
February 10th, 2009, 07:55 PM
I put an Ironman logo on my back at the top by my neck!

srcoyote
February 11th, 2009, 04:46 PM
I've got Wile E. Coyote (in hot putsuit of RR) on the side of my left thigh. He'll always fit. Trust me. :)

I have a coyote of my own design (based on Zuni art) tatooed on my left thigh. I chose that spot specifically because it would be the last to sag and the least likely to be affected by body changes. Ten years later, it's still looking good (which is more than I can say for the rest of my carcass).

orca1946
February 12th, 2009, 12:35 PM
I just came up with a design for a team mate of mine. It's a triangle with the 3 sports depicted with "pain is fear leaving the body " around the 3 sides.

jim thornton
February 19th, 2009, 08:38 PM
On my vlog today, I posted some artwork by a fellow swimmer that I think might make cool tattoos. Check it out if you have the time and let me know what you think. Thanks. http://forums.usms.org/blog.php?b=1619

SwimStud
February 19th, 2009, 08:52 PM
My teammate Mermaid, who has great expertise in the lifeguarding arts, told me that AEDs now come with razor blades in case chestal hairs need to be shaved.

Sorry to break it to you but if you're out and needing a jolt you ain't getting a wetshave. AED's have numerous pads...first set on get ripped off again and act like a wax job. Then you can lay the second set and zap the patient.

Though James, you might enjoy that...

jim thornton
February 19th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Tough love, Swimstud-style.

Iwannafly
February 19th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Sorry to break it to you but if you're out and needing a jolt you ain't getting a wetshave. AED's have numerous pads...first set on get ripped off again and act like a wax job. Then you can lay the second set and zap the patient.

Though James, you might enjoy that...
Yeah, but chest hair grows back. Burnt nipples don't!

SwimStud
February 20th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Yeah, but chest hair grows back. Burnt nipples don't!
...says the voice of bitter experience!

Snot Bubble
February 20th, 2009, 10:06 AM
I have a tattoo on my chest of someone using an AED. Saves instruction time in the future.

SwimStud
February 21st, 2009, 04:33 PM
I have a tattoo on my chest of someone using an AED. Saves instruction time in the future.

Don't need to read anything, an AED (somewhat annoyingly) tells you what to do as soon as you switch it on. If you didn't switch it on...you really shouldn't be that close to an apneic and pulseless person in the first place...make room for the pros...

blainesapprentice
February 22nd, 2009, 01:13 AM
I was at the 1-hour swim this weekend at Carnegie Mellon University and noticed the automatic defibrillator posted prominently. I joked to the lifeguard that maybe I should pre-shave my chest hair for two pads to be placed should the need arise.

She also said they came with wire cutters.

"Wire cutters? What on earth for?"

"Nipple piercings," she replied.

It turns out that the jolt of electricity turns these singe-ingly hot. Something to consider when your thinking about getting your milk spigots mutilated!

Myth busters proved that its a myth that the portable AEDs are not powerful enough to cause any harm if used on an individual with a nipple ring...

when they amped it up and gave an extra power source it left mild burns on the dummys nipple region lol

bergsteiger
February 22nd, 2009, 07:30 AM
I have an orca on my left side, a water star and native american salmon in the middle of my back, a balkenkreuz and stone virgin mary on each shoulder blade, a zodiac design on my left shoulder and a black and grey flower sleeve on my right arm.

More to follow I am sure :)

CreamPuff
February 22nd, 2009, 09:42 AM
I have the Casa Sanchez logo tattoo. This video shows it on my friend Thomas Judd. Free beer and burrito for life.

YouTube - judd

bluestar45
February 23rd, 2009, 01:11 AM
I have three tattoos so far. I have many friends that say they do not like tattoos, however, they like mine.
My first is a tree frog on my shoulder blade with calligraphy and my zodiac sign is incorporated.
My second is a polynesian turtle with waves on my side and up my ribs which I drew.
My third is part of a poem that is dear to my mother and I. She got the first part and I got the middle. My mom proves that tattoos can look good on women over fifty.

Each of my tattoos has significance and therefore I will not get sick of them. I am not a fan of cliche tattoos and believe that you should put time and energy into the design of each one. People say it won't look good when you are 90, but your body most likely won't look good at ninety and don't you want to be that age knowing that you did everything you wanted to when you were young?

srcoyote
February 23rd, 2009, 09:21 AM
People say it won't look good when you are 90, but your body most likely won't look good at ninety and don't you want to be that age knowing that you did everything you wanted to when you were young?

Where's the emoticon for the little bubble guy shouting 'AMEN!'? I'll settle for this, then.:applaud:

3strokes
February 23rd, 2009, 12:37 PM
I have the Casa Sanchez logo tattoo. This video shows it on my friend Thomas Judd. Free beer and burrito for life.

YouTube - judd (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQjO4D9m_vw)

Mexican? Canadian? or American Beer?
Any daily limits on this Free beer for life?
Do they have branches in Canada?

Where does the tattoo have to be located?
Minimum dimensions?

bergsteiger
February 23rd, 2009, 04:19 PM
Each of my tattoos has significance and therefore I will not get sick of them.

I think that is very key. I designed most of mine, or in the case of my flower sleeve garnered botanical drawings (each flower incidentally representing a country I have traveled to).

Good discussion here.

Swimalison
February 23rd, 2009, 06:06 PM
YES! I was just thinking about this today..I want a tatoo as I'm hitting mid life crisis. Any thoughts on what or where? hehe...

Chicken of the Sea
February 23rd, 2009, 08:17 PM
I've got a seahorse on my upper back, just next to my left shoulder blade.

ande
March 31st, 2009, 03:30 PM
i have a single dot in the middle of my right palm where I accidentally stabbed myself with a pen

Bobinator
March 31st, 2009, 03:50 PM
Small blue flower that reminds me of my mom............well, I'd never forget her anyway! :angel:

jim thornton
March 31st, 2009, 05:07 PM
i have a single dot in the middle of my right palm where I accidentally stabbed myself with a pen

Very amusing! Ande, we all know how you got that prison ink!

tjrpatt
March 31st, 2009, 08:14 PM
We have this one guy in our workout group who is almost covered with tats from below the neck down. Luckily, he is no where near Tommy Lee, Travis Barker or Pink's exhusband. That is insane. I don't get when ladies get their whole arm tatted up.

Dacsus65
April 1st, 2009, 08:59 AM
I've got a unicorn, planets and stuff on my left bicep and a bulldog on the right. Got them in the Army at 19 and now wish I hadn't, but there they are and there they will likely stay.

As for scars, several in various places.

ande
May 13th, 2009, 03:21 PM
wonder if any of these celebs (http://wjz.com/slideshows/celebrity.tattoos.celebrities.20.1001885.html) are swimmers?

frankiej
May 20th, 2009, 12:14 PM
I have one on the back of my left calf. Then again, I'm not much of a swimmer so :D

Its just a shield w/ a dragon in the middle of it with two swords crossing in the background. The shield shows signs of ware, like cracks and pieces missing.

Maybe shows how the journey of life takes its toles. All the battles/struggles I've been through. Then again, I got it just for the hell as well. It took me like 6 months to deciede what I wanted.

orca1946
May 23rd, 2009, 07:19 PM
On my right shoulder - 2 swimmers 1 - doing fly 2nd doing free. The coaching slogan I have used for decades above it says
YOU - - THE WATER - THE CLOCK

docjim
June 4th, 2009, 06:36 PM
:banana:I have a Large "Old USMS Logo Tat on my Large Left upper Arm Real big--The New Sucks!!
Our Current Executive Director in Federal Way 2007 SCY U.S. Nationals
Said "What if I change the Logo" My Reply was "Go Ahead you can Never Take the Memories",additionally they look better in your Mid-50s The More you have "The Hell with age Gracefully" Go Kicking and Screaming:bliss::bliss:

DeletedAccount
June 11th, 2009, 07:20 PM
http://www.outpost31.com/todd/images/sharktats1.jpg

I had a Tiger shark added back in April. Sharks Rule!

orca1946
June 15th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Now what do I do whih the B70 tat I have??!!:badday:

stillwater
June 16th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Now what do I do whih the B70 tat I have??!!:badday:

Ink a line through it like an ex-wife. Make sure you save space on your skin for the new round of unrequited lovers.

Cmonster
June 16th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Got a new one last monday. (just an excuse to get out of the pool for a week...)

It's about on the lt shoulder, 8" x 5" Maori fishhook- Hei Matau. It is made up of several symbols including a corus, shark, sun, and i even squeezed in some waves and a non maori outline of a swimmer in roughwater. I am going to continue the swim/passage over water theme from different tribal designs down my arm. I know how tribal art is looked at, i just say take the time do the research and meaning into it, don't just pick it out of a tattoo book.

ande
October 24th, 2012, 03:26 PM
The Swimmers’ Tattoo Photo Vault (http://swimswam.com/2012/10/the-swimmers-tattoo-photo-vault/)

orca1946
October 27th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Ironman on my lower neck
2 swimmers doing fly & free on rt arm
Large wave on left
Orca eating some swimmer's goggles on left calf

Sofia88
May 4th, 2016, 04:07 PM
Agreed. No grafitti on me either...1001 freckles are enough...LOL

Sofia88
May 4th, 2016, 04:09 PM
Naaah, no tattooes. They actually look like dirt on men...

__steve__
May 4th, 2016, 04:14 PM
I sharpie tattoo my event #, heat, and lane for each race of the day at meets. Washes off in 24 hours. I believe I did get a tattoo once in the mid 90's on one of my shoulders.

knelson
May 4th, 2016, 04:27 PM
I believe I did get a tattoo once in the mid 90's on one of my shoulders.

But you're not sure? Isn't it still there? :)

__steve__
May 4th, 2016, 05:52 PM
But you're not sure? Isn't it still there? :)I believe it is Kirk. I just can't see it, it's on the back of my shoulder lol. My kids think I should replace it with something "cool".

orca1946
May 4th, 2016, 07:29 PM
New one --- angel wings with my wife's name in the center for all the help she has given me in recovering from my 5 hip operations.

craiglll@yahoo.com
July 6th, 2016, 12:26 PM
What:
Where:
Why:
Tell us about yours

Right Shoulder in old Chinese Dear Grandmother, The water you see is not the river you know
亲爱的外婆的水您看到的不是河你知道

Right Bum Quetzalcoatlus. I tis terrible and I hate it but live with it. I got it young. It looks like a rubber chicken with a reptile's head. Nothing like the picture I gave to the guy who did it.

orca1946
July 7th, 2016, 12:37 AM
Left inner forearm ---"You fill up my senses" from John Denver song of the 70's My wife & I went to the mountains and I asked her to marry me ----- fast forward to 39 years later & she still loves me chlorine and all!!!

Jerebi
November 2nd, 2016, 11:56 AM
I don't have tattoo and I don't like tattoos on woman's body. But..... it looks good on the men's arms)

DanDumee1
February 24th, 2017, 01:22 PM
Is it bad to have one when you're a swimmer???

smiley92407
April 3rd, 2017, 12:33 AM
My canvas is empty. I've had artists look at all the open spaces for their artwork on my body.

aholloway1982
May 23rd, 2017, 11:17 PM
Is it bad to have one when you're a swimmer???

No, just means you have to stay out of the water for a week or two while it heals. I have 9 over various body parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanDumee1
June 1st, 2017, 04:21 AM
It really depends on your preference. I personally don't want one because I know getting one hurts a lot! But I might consider it if it didn't hurt. LOL :D