she's beating swimmers half her age
and this new mom isn't slowing down
her next goal
the olympics
our person of the week on
world news with charles gibson"

swim4me
August 30th, 2007, 07:33 PM
I just saw the teaser for that. I have the DVR set to record in case I do not make it home in time to see the piece.

ande
August 31st, 2007, 10:32 AM
won't be home so I set my DVR to record

notsofast
September 1st, 2007, 07:51 AM
"Person of the Week" You can find the video here:
http://abcnews.go.com/search?searchtext=dara&type=
There's a fair amount of footage of her training. Comments?

coachchris
September 1st, 2007, 08:54 AM
This was a cool spot, and really good exposure for masters swimming and swimming in general. I think it's interesting to note that Dara's training focuses more on quality and recovery than anything else.

I dunno about you guys, but if I had a personal stretching trainer I worked with every day, I'd be able to recover a lot more quickly, too :agree:

geochuck
September 1st, 2007, 10:15 AM
It really shows that someone can become faster in their older years.

How many master 40 year old swimmers are faster now then when they were in their twenties. When I was 40 I was.

gull
September 1st, 2007, 11:33 AM
Very impressive. I don't think she's juiced--she's just a phenomenon.

Nathan
September 1st, 2007, 11:58 AM
I find Dara to be an extremely upstanding person. With the amazing talent she has had for so many years, her recent performances don't surprise me, and I'm of sound mind she's doing this all in the bounds of ethical sport. Look at the resources she has and that work ethic; she's simply more organized and wants it more than most athletes. I have no doubts it may be harder for her than some of the younger competitors, but with her track record, she obviously has a pretty high pain tolerance ;)

Go Dara!

By the way, be sure to check the DeckPass.com archives and listen to her interview :groovy: