PDA

View Full Version : Bless little Appalachian State!

Peter Cruise
September 1st, 2007, 06:49 PM
Gotta take a welcome distraction from all the scandals etc. associated with sports these days, when 1-AA Appalachian State defeats mighty Michigan #5 ranked in the polls. Guess all the 'experts' that crowd the airwaves missed that somehow...

swimshark
September 3rd, 2007, 08:27 AM
I had a freind who went there and the first college football game I went to was Wake Forest vs App State. I was dating a Demon Deacon at the time. Go App State! Their victory was awesome.

Alison

mattson
September 3rd, 2007, 11:16 AM
Thanks for posting, that answers a lingering question. I was looking at a thread on Steelers players (listed with their college teams), and the poster labeled some of them as "school that lost to Appalachian State". :confused: :)

shark
September 4th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Go Bucks!!! Meetchicken Sucks!!!

Might as well throw it at them from every direction. The more the merrier!!!

If there was a coaching position in Boone I would be there in a heartbeat. What a beautiful thing!

ande
September 4th, 2007, 03:55 PM
it's cool when David beats Goliath
Congrats

swimr4life
September 11th, 2007, 02:58 PM
YES! It is great when the underdog wins! :cheerleader:

swimshark
September 11th, 2007, 05:06 PM
YES! It is great when the underdog wins! :cheerleader:

Beth, I take it you are not referring to South Carolina State?

How about them Ducks of Oregon this past Sat!

Alison

shark
September 12th, 2007, 10:17 AM

Alison

Might as well make this into a college football thread. I enjoyed the Ducks victory very much. Two Statue of Liberty plays. Classic. The only bad thing about the Notre Dame/Michigan game is that someone has to win.

smontanaro
September 12th, 2007, 10:40 AM
The only bad thing about the Notre Dame/Michigan game is that someone has to win.

Amen to that. My mom went to USC so growing up Notre Dame was always the villain. When I married a girl from Chicago I inherited relatives who went to Illinois and Michigan State, so Ann Arbor might as well be the other end of the Axis Of Evil.

Skip Montanaro

swimr4life
September 12th, 2007, 11:44 AM

Alison

Do you mean South Carolina? Yes....they were the underdogs and YES they beat my beloved dawgs! :cry: South Carolina is a very good team this year!......either that or UGA has a long season ahead of them. One good thing came out of the game.....Steve Spurrier getting a sideline warning from the refs was PRICELESS! :rofl:

Blackbeard's Peg
September 12th, 2007, 04:09 PM
The only bad thing about the Notre Dame/Michigan game is that someone has to win.

judging by both their offensive performances the last two weeks, I don't think a zero-zero tie deserves a shot at overtime.

Got Boost
September 12th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Now Michigan's starter is out, it really will be an offensive jewel. Having said that....

GO IRISH!!!!

Got Boost

swimshark
September 13th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Jeff, are you going to the game tomorrow night?

Alison

Sabretooth Tiger
September 13th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Question: How many batteries does it take to beat Michigan?
Answer: 1 AA

Peter Cruise
September 13th, 2007, 08:29 PM
or a Duck.

Blackbeard's Peg
September 13th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Jeff, are you going to the game tomorrow night?

Mom and Dad are there somewhere in the tower munching on pigs-in-blankets and other fine hors d'oueveres. Sis is somewhere in the crowd, probably in the middle of sending people text messages with game updates. And my brother and I are home watching in HD.

It would have been too much of a PITA to get over to CP tonight, and with PT tomorrow at 7am, I think I made the right call.

I'll be up in happy valley this weekend.

shark
September 20th, 2007, 12:31 PM
it's cool when David beats Goliath
Congrats

It is even better when Goliath beats Goliath. By the way Ande, did you make it to the OSU-Texas game last season?