PDA

View Full Version : Which swim toys, if any, are you using?

The Fortress
September 10th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Which swim toys, if any, are you currently using at least semi-regularly. Feel free to elaborate on why and when you use them! You can make as many choices as you like.

I forget to add breaststroke fins. You can just note if you are. I have just started kicking once in awhile with them. I aspire to learn the snorkle, but haven't gotten around to that yet. I also can't keep my nose clip on. Hoping to get the hang of it this winter to avoid sinus infections.

3strokes
September 10th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Which swim toys, if any, are you currently using at least semi-regularly. Feel free to elaborate on why and when you use them! You can make as many choices as you like.

I did vote "None" not because I'm a purist but because I just don't.

I recently acquired a pair of Techpaddles (I was curious about whether they would affect my EVF. I found out that it was "Not Much". I already had/have a pretty E and V EVF.) So, I'll use them about once every couple of months for a few laps.

Slowswim
September 10th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Fort:

You left off "sneakers"!?! Man I hate them...yes I have them in my bag too. I checked almost every block..I'm such the pool nerd.:cry:

islandsox
September 10th, 2007, 12:02 PM
I used to use Zoomer fins; don't anymore because I get cramps at about mile number 4. Hey, you forgot Goggles on that list (LOL).:rofl:

smontanaro
September 10th, 2007, 12:51 PM
I wouldn't consider nose clip or ear plugs as "swim toys". I use zoomers mostly during warmup or during long kick sets where I can't keep up with normally endowed kickers (see my avatar). I never use them while I use my arms (some people seem to wear them for the entire practice). I use a pull buoy whenever we have a pull set and sometimes when we have a swim-or-pull choice.

I would try a monofin, but would like to borrow one before coughing up the money for them (I can be a CSOB about some things).

Skip Montanaro

knelson
September 10th, 2007, 01:20 PM
I use a kickboard every workout. I probably use paddles and pull buoy about 75% of the time. I use regular fins rarely and a snorkel even less, though I do have one in my equipment bag.

Midas
September 10th, 2007, 01:59 PM
I also don't consider earplugs to be a "toy". That's like saying goggles are "toys". I don't think that logic extends to noseplugs, however, since good swimming technique (learning how to breath out while your head is submerged and otherwise pressurize your nose) should obviate the need for a noseplug. Noseplugs make it easier to swim (theoretically) and are a crutch. Earplugs are not.

As for "real" toys, I'm generally not a fan. We used fins in college from time to time but found that I didn't really get much in the way of benefit from them. I also don't like paddles. I always worry that they put too much pressure on my shoulders...

I do use a kickboard for kicking breastroke and freestyle. I find that I kick with more intensity with a kickboard for those strokes. Otherwise, the kick set becomes too focussed on breath control and I scull, pull too much. Backstroke is easier without a board and when I kick butterfly, I'm really just practicing SDKs which need to be done underwater, in proper form and with breath control.

I also use a pull buoy, but usually only in warmup. For me, pull buoys are a good way to focus on technique and are also a good way to practice breath control (I usually breathe every 3/5 by 50 on pull sets).

Allen Stark
September 10th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Love my snorkle for warmup/cool down and some drills. It makes it easier to swim free with my shoulder problems:cane:. Regular fins for breaststroke/dolphin kick is an important part of my workout. I never use paddles(hurt my shoulders) and only use a pullbuoy for the breaststroke kick drill.

swimminlyn
September 10th, 2007, 02:23 PM
I use my kick board and pull bouy every practice. I love to pull at the end for a warm down so I can think about body position and work on the high elbows. I am more relaxed with the pull bouy. I use zoomer fins on some kick sets especially when practicing with the age groupers who seem to kick circles around me.

aquaFeisty
September 10th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Just a pull buoy during pulling sets. I'm not against toys, my body just can't seem to take them (probably because my stroke mechanics aren't good enough...)

I do use fins now and then when the set is fin specific, but don't use them for ordinary kicking sets because they tend to make my knees/lower hamstring inserts hurt. Plus, I can't STAND the sensation you get when you take the fins off and it feels like your feet have been whacked off at the ankle! Blech.

SwimStud
September 10th, 2007, 02:56 PM
I use m small paddles for BR pull drill, MF for core work (when I'm not backspasm incapped), pull buoys for Crawl arm drill (sometimes), alpha fins to hit my quads, boards not too often.

mostly I've just been swimming 6-10x500 working on OW distance...that ends this week!

tjburk
September 10th, 2007, 03:09 PM
I actually use kind of medium paddles (yellow) and a pull bouy - same ones I had in HS. 3 types of fins - regular speedo's, breaststroke speedo's and positive drive fins. Kickboard is one of the Speedo Competition ones. Been starting to do more race pace stuff and getting away from equipment.

The Fortress
September 10th, 2007, 04:15 PM
I also don't consider earplugs to be a "toy". That's like saying goggles are "toys". I don't think that logic extends to noseplugs, however, since good swimming technique (learning how to breath out while your head is submerged and otherwise pressurize your nose) should obviate the need for a noseplug. Noseplugs make it easier to swim (theoretically) and are a crutch. Earplugs are not.

It's quite apparent that I know that nose clips and earplugs are not toys. I don't need a lecture, and I'm not an idiot. :mooning: I just ran out of ideas and tried to be funny by listing other things one might wear in the water. Nose clips are not a "crutch," however, for people with chronic sinus infections from swimming. They might be the only thing that keeps them in the water.

I'd like to try the alpha zura fins some day.

A ton of pull buoy users so far. That seems like the fav toy.

ande
September 10th, 2007, 04:22 PM
suit & googles
usually a cap

Ande

aquageek
September 10th, 2007, 04:32 PM
I use my pull buoy when lazy. I leave all other devices at home to avoid temptation.

imspoiled
September 10th, 2007, 04:36 PM
I use toys for a specific purpose, then move on.

We have a few who use fins or a pull buoy for a whole practice and it can be disruptive, especially as the rest of us fatigue.

My pull buoy is my friend, as I love to pull, but I am experimenting with using my paddles less often. Same goes for the fins. My kick has gotten better, so I'm doing more without fins, but when the rest of the lane slips them on, it's hard to avoid getting run over, so out they come. I have ditched the kickboard though. Kicking on the back (fly, breast, and flutter) does double duty as an ab workout.

What are alpha zura fins?

The Fortress
September 10th, 2007, 04:43 PM
I use toys for a specific purpose, then move on.

We have a few who use fins or a pull buoy for a whole practice and it can be disruptive, especially as the rest of us fatigue.

My pull buoy is my friend, as I love to pull, but I am experimenting with using my paddles less often. Same goes for the fins. My kick has gotten better, so I'm doing more without fins, but when the rest of the lane slips them on, it's hard to avoid getting run over, so out they come. I have ditched the kickboard though. Kicking on the back (fly, breast, and flutter) does double duty as an ab workout.

What are alpha zura fins?

Don't pull buoys keep your hips and/or feet up just like fins? (I don't know, I don't use pull buoys.) I was just wondering.

I like my fins, but I rarely use them to kick. Well, except for SDKs with the MF.

Here's a pic of the alpha zura fins. They're very light and flexible. Karlyn Pipes-Nielson brought a ton to zones last year. They look like they might be easier to wear for people with knee or ankle issues maybe?

FlyQueen
September 10th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Karlyn let me try them on at state - they were really cool. I want a pair.

I am very bad and do use paddles from time to time. Only if my shoulders have felt good, never with the wrist strap, and only for short swims. I like them for backstroke.

I use fins (zoomers) maybe once every 2-3 months. I never use a kick board and only pull with a bouy on occassion.

I use ear plugs every time I swim otherwise I'd be out with ear infections constantly.

indyswimbag
September 10th, 2007, 06:00 PM
I use my paddles for days that I am trying to work on form.

I use my fins for improving my desire to attempt butterfly without:drown:

I have a pair of fist gloves that I am thinking about using BUT never have...was wondering what people thought about them.

poolraat
September 10th, 2007, 06:10 PM
I have a pair of fist gloves that I am thinking about using BUT never have...was wondering what people thought about them.

I have a set that I use a few times a week and I think they're great for developing a feel for how the forearm contributes to the stroke.

Hey Fort, you didn't put these on your list!

I use a pull buoy ocassionally, usually alternating 1 swim with, then 1 without, and try to get the same feel of gliding when not using it. I've noticed that over the last few years as my strike has improved that I swim faster without it. That was not the case previously. I aslo use a kickboard, mainly for breast kicking and sometimes for free when I'm feeling lazy.

The Fortress
September 10th, 2007, 06:12 PM
I have a set that I use a few times a week and I think they're great for developing a feel for how the forearm contributes to the stroke.

Hey Fort, you didn't put these on your list!

Ask the mods to add them to the poll. I can't think of everything. Plus, I've never used them. But Jim Matysek does. Oh Jim?

Midas
September 10th, 2007, 07:10 PM

It's quite apparent that I know that nose clips and earplugs are not toys. I don't need a lecture, and I'm not an idiot. :mooning: I just ran out of ideas and tried to be funny by listing other things one might wear in the water. Nose clips are not a "crutch," however, for people with chronic sinus infections from swimming. They might be the only thing that keeps them in the water.

While not "quite obvious" to me that you were joking about including earplugs and nose clips in your list of toys, it SHOULD HAVE been quite obvious to me that you may need a nose clip for sinus infections, as you said in your initial post and I missed. It looks like you're as sensitive about nose clips as I am about ear plugs and I certainly didn't mean to offend by saying that I generally view them as a crutch. For people who get chronic sinus infections (much like people who get chronic ear infections), they're not a crutch. But they CAN BE, which should have been my point.

My bad offending you! :blush:

The Fortress
September 10th, 2007, 07:35 PM
While not "quite obvious" to me that you were joking about including earplugs and nose clips in your list of toys, it SHOULD HAVE been quite obvious to me that you may need a nose clip for sinus infections, as you said in your initial post and I missed. It looks like you're as sensitive about nose clips as I am about ear plugs and I certainly didn't mean to offend by saying that I generally view them as a crutch. For people who get chronic sinus infections (much like people who get chronic ear infections), they're not a crutch. But they CAN BE, which should have been my point.

My bad offending you! :blush:

It's OK. You're just talking "logic" to a lawyer. Besides, I'm way more sensitive about shoulders. :rofl:

I have serious problems with sinus infections, but can't seem to keep a nose clip on. But I know people who swear by them. I have heard, however, of people using them to stay underwater longer in backstroke. I'm not sure I know anyone using them as a crutch though ... but that's possible too.

Syd
September 10th, 2007, 08:04 PM
The only toy I use at least once a week are paddles. However, I always use them gingerly because I am scared I might gash open someones head with them!

Syd

Midas
September 10th, 2007, 08:05 PM
I have heard, however, of people using them to stay underwater longer in backstroke. I'm not sure I know anyone using them as a crutch though ... but that's possible too.

Ah, but that's exactly what I mean by using a noseplug as a crutch!

The Fortress
September 10th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Ah, but that's exactly what I mean by using a noseplug as a crutch!

Ah, the people I know using a nose clip for a perceived underwater advantage know perfectly well how to "breathe out while your head is properly submerged and otherwise pressurize your nose." I thought it was newbies you were referring to. A "crutch" is different than a performance enhancer.

Blackbeard's Peg
September 11th, 2007, 12:14 AM
I'll be using a LOT of pull bouy this year!!

imspoiled
September 11th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Don't pull buoys keep your hips and/or feet up just like fins? (I don't know, I don't use pull buoys.) I was just wondering.

Yes & no. Yes, it keeps your hips & feet up, but it does that because you are supposed to be dragging your legs while you pull. Fins are meant to assist the kick, not keep the feet buoyant, so in that way, they differ.

Minor rant here...Nothing bothers me more than swimmers that kick (with the buoy on) during pull sets. Let's face it, pulling during a kick set is a no-no, so why is kicking during a pull set ok?:shakeshead:

SwimStud
September 11th, 2007, 01:20 PM
I'll be using a LOT of pull bouy this year!!
...but enough about your private time Muppet...

:lmao:
did I just get banned?

Leonard Jansen
September 11th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Fist gloves. They are a miracle.

-LBJ

Got Boost
September 11th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Just a pull bouy. I never cared for paddles of any sort, so now that I have the choice I avoid them like the plague.
Got Boost

tomtopo
September 11th, 2007, 02:47 PM
techpaddle, kickboard, and stretch cords.

Rob Copeland
September 11th, 2007, 05:09 PM
techpaddle????? Go figure.
And a personal note about TechPaddles…

I recently broke a metacarpal bone in my left hand and instead of staying out of the water, I continued to train with a TechPaddle tapes to my left hand/forearm. Just don’t let my doctor find out.

The Fortress
September 11th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Yes & no. Yes, it keeps your hips & feet up, but it does that because you are supposed to be dragging your legs while you pull. Fins are meant to assist the kick, not keep the feet buoyant, so in that way, they differ.

Hmm... Well, I don't really use fins to assist my kick except when SDK-ing. If I'm wearing them on a long set or for fly, it's usually as shoulder savers. Maybe that's why my fin use is not particularly detrimental at meets.

Peg: Why are you going to use the pull buoy a lot this year?

Blackbeard's Peg
September 11th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Fort - bad knee.

Less leg more peg.

Allen Stark
September 11th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Question about fistgloves.I do fist swimming drills often,but figured I could make a fist for free without paying for gloves.Am I missing something?

blainesapprentice
September 11th, 2007, 11:22 PM
The last season or two I havent really used too many toys--just fins (zoomers normally) when coach made us, or when my shoulders were really beat.

However, this season i have tried to incorporate toys into my workouts a little more because I think that if your using them for a purpose rather than as a crutch (like when I throw on fins to save my shoulders) they can really be beneficial. I use Kiefer's Stroke Perfection Hand Paddles--they are very small paddles that really help put the emphasis on the correct stroke form--while not being rough on the shoulders (even the worse shoulders). I think they have really helped me to get the feel and muscle memory for the straight arm underwater pull--and away from the "S" pull underwater. I use them for at least 300 yards a practice right now--hopefully as it becomes more of a habit when I don't use the paddles I will reduce how much I use them.

I don't normally use a kickboard, but if I do, the only one I will use is the Kiefer Classic kick board--it's awesome for people who have shoulder issues as well. And it's hand holds are in a manner that doesn't make using it a walk in the park--it still forces the swimmer to keep their core tight.

And I use the finis swimmer's snorkel once in a while--probably not as often as I should but maybe 1-2 times every week.

I use a pull buoy when my shoulders are feeling good, or when I need to concentrate on my arm placement--but I feel I get better body roll and movement if I just drag my legs without the buoy.

Blackbeard's Peg
September 11th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Question about fistgloves.I do fist swimming drills often,but figured I could make a fist for free without paying for gloves.Am I missing something?

Amen, Allen! This is one of my favorite drills.
The gloves are also weighted. I've seen a few aquatic fitness people with these.

The Fortress
September 12th, 2007, 12:06 AM
You're using them for a purpose rather than as a crutch (like when I throw on fins to save my shoulders) they can really be beneficial.

Using fins to save your shoulders is not a "crutch." :dedhorse:

Peg: Forgot about the knees. Yes, you might need that ole pull buoy.

blainesapprentice
September 12th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Yeah--that sentence didn't really come out the way I was hoping it too...I guess I meant--the people who use fins or toys to make their practices easier in general--or if I were to put on fins at the beginning of practice--just in case my shoulders might hurt at the end of practice if I don't put them on?:drown:

Leonard Jansen
September 12th, 2007, 08:46 AM

Essentially, you are correct, however, two points to mention:
1) When you make a fist you must tense your muscles to keep your fist closed. With fistgloves you can pretty much relax your muscles and the fistglove will keep your hand closed. It makes it easier to concentrate on whatever you are working on.
2) Having your hand covered like that really takes away most of the sense of feeling for the water, unlike with a closed fist. (It's also easier to "cheat" with a closed fist.) When you take it off, it feels like your hands are 3 times their normal size and the feel for the water is amazing.

I really love the things.

-LBJ

geochuck
September 12th, 2007, 08:59 AM
I am a purist.

An awful lot of users here.

I did use a crutch for the trip home from the Hospital after my knee operation. Then a cane for a few days and threw it a way.

I think all of you crutch users (swim toys) should throw them away.

I have a crutch - I wear googles for training but not when I race. I did wear googles when I swam the marathons.

tjburk
September 12th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Morgan, if those are the paddles you use I would recommend taking the rear strap off and just using your fingers to hold the paddle....the reason is, that rear strap tends to be used as a cheat strap....by leaving it on you are able to cheat your stroke by pulling your hand out early. If you take that strap off and start swimming and it gets pulled off you are not pushing all the way through on your stroke. This will correct that pretty quick.....after having to retrieve your paddles a few times down the lane you'll realize what you are doing.

My old high school coach would make us take the strap off completely so we couldn't use it at all.

Willow
September 13th, 2007, 07:55 PM
I just use Zoomers.

So about this Monofin...is it really as insanely fun as it looks like it might be? I can just see myself wanting to use it all the time, screaming "I'M A MERMAID! I'M A MERMAID!" alot.

The Fortress
September 13th, 2007, 08:06 PM
So about this Monofin...is it really as insanely fun as it looks like it might be? I can just see myself wanting to use it all the time, screaming "I'M A MERMAID! I'M A MERMAID!" alot.

Yes, you nailed it! It's exactly like that!! :groovy:

(I do have to restrain myself.)

blainesapprentice
September 13th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Morgan, if those are the paddles you use I would recommend taking the rear strap off and just using your fingers to hold the paddle....the reason is, that rear strap tends to be used as a cheat strap....by leaving it on you are able to cheat your stroke by pulling your hand out early. If you take that strap off and start swimming and it gets pulled off you are not pushing all the way through on your stroke. This will correct that pretty quick.....after having to retrieve your paddles a few times down the lane you'll realize what you are doing.

My old high school coach would make us take the strap off completely so we couldn't use it at all.

I took the wrist strap this morning at your advice...and to my surprise I was just fine without the wrist strap! Thanks for the suggestion--wouldn't want to be :cane:-ing my way through practice!!:D

inklaire
September 13th, 2007, 09:06 PM
I *own* quite a few of these toys, but rarely use them.

My knees hurt after using fins, paddles make my shoulders ache, and I hate kickboards with a passion. I have no objections to pullbuoys, but I don't seem to have quite gotten the hang of using them effectively. With a club, I'll go along with pull/kick sets, although on I still haven't quite figured out how to push a board and I always look damned silly trying. On my own, I guess I'm a purist out of pure cluelessness.

IndyGal
September 14th, 2007, 12:04 AM
I have a bag of toys but my favorite is the paddles/pull buoy combo (or just paddles without the buoy). I have a locker full of fins, including several rejects that I tried and didn't like... currently I'm experimenting with the alpha zuras.

Willow
September 14th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Another question about the Monofin...how do you turn? Obviously a flip turn, but can you still push off the wall with that big fin on? I've found some video and my lord, it looks SO FUN, but it only shows the length and not the turn. I have never seen anyone use this at my pool. Does it complicate circle swimming? Does it intrigue and intimidate others? Is it better suited to open water than lap swim? It seems so exciting. Please tell me more!

YBDRY
September 14th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Another question about the Monofin...how do you turn? Obviously a flip turn, but can you still push off the wall with that big fin on? I've found some video and my lord, it looks SO FUN, but it only shows the length and not the turn. I have never seen anyone use this at my pool. Does it complicate circle swimming? Does it intrigue and intimidate others? Is it better suited to open water than lap swim? It seems so exciting. Please tell me more!

I've flipped with mine and never had problems pushing off. I've also done open turns with it, but they aren't very fast, as you can imagine. I've never worn it when I've had to share a lane because it could be a problem because of its size (and sharp edges!). Most people at our pool don't even notice it unless it's on the deck and then some will ask a question or make a comment. I think there are some models that are better suited for open water but I don't think the one I use is.

The Fortress
September 14th, 2007, 03:50 PM

Here is a thread discussing monofins, which also references other threads discussing monofins and fins:

http://forums.usms.org/showthread.php?t=7642&highlight=monofins

I don't circle swim with monofins. Usually just use it when I'm swimming solo and have a lane to myself. It seems to frighten people away, so I often have a lane to myself. I often get a lot of questions about what it is and how to use it.

I don't know about OW. Doesn't seem like it would help you swim there. Monofins generally help with SDKs, streamlining, etc. On the monofin thread above, other uses are discussed. I have no problem with using in for SCY. I learned how to flip pretty quickly with it. I never do open turns. I think LC, you could easily circle swim with it because everyone is much more spread out.

I use it for speed workouts and SDK practice. I do a lot of underwater shooters with it. I do four point kicking on my back, front, left side and right side. I'll do sets of 50s and sometimes 100s with it. I'll do BR drills and fly drills, but not full stroke fly. It's fun. I did mermaid workout today. Spent about half the workout underwater, doing a lot of fly, back, SDKs and underwater kicking. Just make sure to do some kicking without the MF too! I think it's helped improve my SDKs on fly, back and free and strengthened my core. Sometimes it feels like a weight workout.

Give it a whirl! There are several different types of MFs too. I use the finis shooter.

Oh, but don't drop it on your toes or feet. You might need stitches!

AnnG
September 14th, 2007, 04:47 PM
I tried a monofin once and with the first kick I did a faceplant into the bottom of the pool - whoa! Be careful what direction you are pointed because its powerful - once I got the hang of kicking it was really fun and fast . . .
I am guilty of using just about every toy on the list at least once or twice. I don't use a pull buoy though as I no longer need flotation for my thighs . . .

A.K.
September 14th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Water Wings
:party2:

smontanaro
September 14th, 2007, 08:45 PM
OK, so what monofin is the right one? There are several to choose from (monofins at SwimOutlet.com (http://www.swimoutlet.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=395)) and they ain't cheap.

Skip Montanaro

The Fortress
September 14th, 2007, 10:57 PM
OK, so what monofin is the right one? There are several to choose from (monofins at SwimOutlet.com (http://www.swimoutlet.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=395)) and they ain't cheap.

Skip Montanaro

Personally, and I'm not an expert on this, I would not buy the MFs for "rec" swimmers if your goal is to improve aspects of pool competition such as SDKs, etc. I also would not buy the uber-expensive one for competitive fin swimming and free diving. Those are different sports. I would go with the finis shooter or the the finis trainer #1 and #2. I own the $94 finis shooter. When I purchased it nine months ago, I'm not sure that Swim Outlet or Keifer produced the trainer #1 or #2 (?). They look new to me. They are longer and the blade is apparently stronger. I'm unsure about the additional benefit from being longer for streamlining and SDKs. I think my MF is great for those purposes. But perhaps it depends on your height to some degree?

Just my opinion. I bought my MF on my own and have been experimenting with it on my own with little input. For some reason, not many people use them -- perhaps because they're not incorporated in the typical masters practice? (I largely train on my own.) To get an expert view, you'd really need the input of a USA-S coach who really focuses on SDKs, fly or underwater swimming.

All I can say, anecdotally, is that it seems to have helped my backstroke starts (all starts really), underwater work and core/leg strength. At my last meet, I took 14 SDKs on my backstroke start. But then my best two strokes are fly and back, so SDKs are really important. And I know, after experimentation, that I am faster doing underwater SDKs. Plus, I just like the MF cuz it's fun. I need variety in my workouts, and it provides that. Can't be hammering away at my shoulders all the time.

One cautionary note: They are, as Ann notes above, very powerful. My feet were used to fins first, so the MF seemed pretty natural. I also have no back or knee problems. My team coach, who never uses fins, tried the MF once. It killed her. She hurt muscles in the top of her feet and had trouble wearing shoes for a few days. Some people get blisters. So they might require a period of adaptation. Sometimes, when I do a lot of underwater shooters, where you're kicking down as forcefully and rapidly as possible, my shins feel it. It gives me the vague sensation of shin splints, although I do run a bit too.

geochuck
September 16th, 2007, 11:10 AM
In dedication to Fort and her love for fins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smE2uScyPMM&mode=related&search=

The Fortress
September 16th, 2007, 12:45 PM
In dedication to Fort and her love for fins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smE2uScyPMM&mode=related&search=

Thanks George. Very cool. Now, I just need to learn to use my dorkle and move to Europe.

poolraat
September 16th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Thanks George. Very cool. Now, I just need to learn to use my dorkle and move to Europe.

Forget about the dorkle. Get a tank and go into the distance events. This should be easy on your shoulders.

The Fortress
September 16th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Forget about the dorkle. Get a tank and go into the distance events. This should be easy on your shoulders.

Just cuz you have a dorkle disability doesn't mean I will. :thhbbb:

Since I've already learned the roll over turn for IM, I can take that off my SC "to do" list and put dorkle usage on.

smontanaro
September 16th, 2007, 03:05 PM

I wonder if they used 100% O2 in those tanks?

Skip Montanaro

blainesapprentice
September 16th, 2007, 10:11 PM
I wonder if they used 100% O2 in those tanks?

Skip Montanaro

Either way thats pretty sweet.