PDA

View Full Version : Peachtree City Pentathlon

tjburk
September 13th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Anyone else going this year?

Rob Copeland
September 13th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Iíll be there! I hear itís a phenomenal meet!

Donna
September 14th, 2007, 09:41 AM
I'll be there too. See you then

WPSWIMS
September 15th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Swim fast for me and give all my Georgia friends my regards. Please tell everyone I say Hi. If anyone wants to get high altitude training before Nationals let me know. We have an awesome 50 meter pool and team at Denver University (my alma mater) . Hope to see many of you at SC Nationals in Austin this spring. I will be skiing a lot this winter, but there is a 25 yard pool in Breckenridge and Silverthorne.

Donna
September 16th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Winnie with all that skiing your knees should be good and strong for some breaststroking! I miss the skiing (used to ski in New England as a kid). Perhaps I will have to make a trip.

Look forward to seeing you in Austin.
:fish2:

CreamPuff
September 16th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Entered last minute. :woot:

I'll be swimming "tired." Joy. :doh: Should prove interesting.

p_con
September 16th, 2007, 09:49 PM
I'm going...

tjburk
September 16th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Winnie, do you still keep in touch with Sandy Skarsaune? Haven't heard anything about her in a while.......

Slowswim
September 17th, 2007, 10:25 AM
When is it. I'd like to volunteer? Maybe even :cheerleader: some of you on to victory.:groovy:
</IMG></IMG>

Rob Copeland
September 17th, 2007, 10:58 AM
When is it. I'd like to volunteer? Maybe even some of you on to victoryOr you could even participate!!! I do accept deck entries. And it is the last outdoor event of the year in Georgia.

2007 Georgia Masters Peachtree City Pentathlon
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Warm-ups 8:00 Meet Starts 9:00 am

Facilities:
Kedron Fieldhouse and Aquatic Center
202 Kedron Drive, Peachtree City, GA 30269
One eight lane Ė 25 yard pool Ė competition course, with a four lane warm-up/warm-down pool. Electronic timing. Deck space for 100+ swimmers, and spectators.

Directions:
From 1-85 take Exit #61 (GA-74) South, towards Peachtree City. Go 8.4 miles to stop lights at Kedron Drive. Turn Left on Kedron Drive, the Kedron Fieldhouse/Aquatic Center driveway is 0.2 miles on your left.

Entries:
Maximum of five individual events, plus two relays. You may enter any events you choose. However, to be eligible for one of the 3 pentathlons, you must enter as follows:
Sprint Pentathlon Ė 50 Fly, 50 Back, 50 Breast, 50 Free, plus 100 IM
Middle Distance Pentathlon Ė 100 Fly, 100 Back, 100 Breast, 100 Free, plus 200 IM
Iron Man Pentathlon Ė 200 Fly, 200 Back, 200 Breast, 200 Free, plus 400 IM

tjburk
September 17th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Rob, the LMSC meeting going to be after at Carol's house like usual?

tjburk
September 17th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Disregard......I just saw that they are holding out in California at the USMS Convention!!!

Rob Copeland
September 17th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Tracy,

The lunch and Georgia LMSC annual meeting WILL be at Karolís house after the meet, as usual.

The national USMS annual meeting will start in CA the following week.

tjburk
September 17th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Cool, thanks!!! See ya there!

swimr4life
September 20th, 2007, 11:29 PM
I wish I could come! :cry: Y'all have fun!

Slowswim
September 21st, 2007, 10:25 AM
I was hoping this would be my first, but the idea was vetoed by powers greater than I.:censor:
</IMG>

CreamPuff
September 21st, 2007, 03:40 PM
I wish I could come! :cry: Y'all have fun!

So sorry you can't make it Beth! Arg! Hope to see you at St. Nicks in December if not SOONER!

Rob Copeland
September 21st, 2007, 03:43 PM
Beth, Iíll bump Kristina up to iron-man distance in you honor.

swimr4life
September 22nd, 2007, 11:33 AM
Beth, Iíll bump Kristina up to iron-man distance in you honor.

:notworthy::rofl:

Rob, you are so funny!

swimr4life
September 22nd, 2007, 11:35 AM
So sorry you can't make it Beth! Arg! Hope to see you at St. Nicks in December if not SOONER!

I miss you Kristina! Are you coming back to SWAT? I'm definitely swimming at St Nicks! So....are you doing the iron-man distance? I have no doubt that you could do it!

swimr4life
September 22nd, 2007, 11:36 AM
I hope you all swam well and had fun! I want a full report!:cheerleader:

Glider
September 23rd, 2007, 06:01 AM
Beth: I haven't met you yet, but I look forward to it. I hope others chime in, but I must say this was a fun meet. Rob and the SCAT team put on an awesome, very well-run pentathlon.

Rob: It was great to meet the Grand Poobah of USMS swimming - you were too funny at ther GA annual meeting afterwards! Happy 51st. Enjoy the convention in CA.

TJ: I was on the lookout for you but I don't think I met you...or did I? I was the one who did my own triathlon version of this meet: 50, 100, 200 Breast.

Kristina: Awesome job kicking some boy butts in your pink camo. Those were some smoking times. Your freestyle looks just like Laure Manadou's - seriously. And nice 3-second drop in the 100 breast!

Donna: So you've been working on your sprinting speed. Congrats on some good time drops - way to go!!

Anyone going to the SC Championships November 3 and 4 (see the DZ site)? If not, we'll see you all at Collins Hill or St. Nicks.

Mark

CreamPuff
September 23rd, 2007, 09:43 AM
Hey Beth - Glad I'll be seeing you at St. Nicks! I'm going to stick to swimming w/ Dynamo for now just for a change. They are letting me swim some doubles with Senior II and it's quite a small group. Sorry you couldn't make the meet. We swam all 5 events in under two hours. It was a challenge to say the least!! :doh: I'm officially a free and flyer. Breast and back - not AT ALL!! I learned you actually need to train 100s in breast and back to be able to swim the 100 breast and back. Who knew!?

Donna- You are an inspiration! Had some PB's even with about 10 minutes rest between events?! You look great in the water. :notworthy:

Glider - kicked my butt in breaststroke. No doubt about it. Couldn't really see your stroke as you were too far ahead of me. You've motivated me to try and swim it more in practice. :notworthy:

Candy - Awesome job making it through the middle distance pentathlon!

Berry - Kicked my butt in the 200 IM and 100 BR and even negative splitted some events! Preferred racing you in the 100 Fly and 100 Fr. :thhbbb:

Dieter- Was very fun racing you in the 100 free! Great job coming back from your recovery! Very inspirational!

April G. and John Z. are my new heroes in swimming the ironman distance. (I stuck with the middle distance thanks!) April was smiling after every event! Although Glider had the right idea and I should have just done the frees and flys.

Jennifer Morris Scott - What a sprinter! You had a great meet!

Tracy B - great to see/ meet you! I think you are doing fabulously for the beginning of the season. Right on track, right?! Very nice 100 IM.

WPSWIMS
September 23rd, 2007, 02:11 PM
TJ Sandy moved to Iowa this past spring. SHe wanted me to join her for a SCM meet in Indianapolis, but I am having trouble finding decent airfare from Denver. I am hoping to convince her to go to SC Nationals in Austin. PM me your email/phone and I will pass it along to her. There is a new swimmer on my Colorado team who has a brother who just moved to Macon. Could you give me info on Masters practices that I can pass on to her.
Best of luck at the Peachtree meet. Guess Ziegler is still swimming al the garbage events! SAy Hi to LIsa.

Rob Copeland
September 23rd, 2007, 03:45 PM
Congratulations to one and all!!!! And thanks for coming by our humble little pool to support Masters Swimming!

tjburk
September 23rd, 2007, 06:35 PM
Beth, sorry you couldn't make it.....:cry:

Kristina, Glad to finally meet you...Great Swimming.....For me I can be pretty happy with what I did considering how the last few months have gone. I look forward to swimming with the Big Kids like you again someday.:D

Glider, yeah we swam next to each other in the 50....you won this round!:D You've made me realize I need to focus a little more on my Breast during practice. Try and get down to some good times for Breast again.

Rob, thanks again for another well run PTC Pentathlon......

Donna, nice to have finally met you too......you inspired me to at least "Try" and get my lazy butt out of bed a few days a week and do some morning workouts.

Somebody tell Karol thanks again for the good food.....Sorry I had to eat and run Sat.....but 3 teens going to Homecoming dance that night....I had to get home and at least help out a little.

Looking forward to St. Nicks and possibly others if CINC House allows it!!!!!:lmao:

tjburk
September 23rd, 2007, 06:45 PM
TJ Sandy moved to Iowa this past spring. SHe wanted me to join her for a SCM meet in Indianapolis, but I am having trouble finding decent airfare from Denver. I am hoping to convince her to go to SC Nationals in Austin. PM me your email/phone and I will pass it along to her. There is a new swimmer on my Colorado team who has a brother who just moved to Macon. Could you give me info on Masters practices that I can pass on to her.
Best of luck at the Peachtree meet. Guess Ziegler is still swimming al the garbage events! SAy Hi to LIsa.

Winnie....glad to hear she is still out there swimming!!!! Tell her I said hi when you see her.......my home email is tjburk@cox.net

For the friend that moved to Macon....Swim Macon is who I am registered with right now....they do Masters workouts at the Northside pool Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 5:15-6:30am and Lunch Time Swim is held Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 11-1:30pm.

Donna
September 23rd, 2007, 08:31 PM
Just got back home about an hour ago.

Rob, I have got to say Great Job! This has become an annual trek for me since I started back in 2004 and I have enjoyed this meet every year, even the year you lapped me in the 200 Fly.

Ed, We really do appreciate you taking the time to officiate for us at these meets.

Karol, Once again you out did yourself. Thank you for hosting the social and all of the work you put into that wonder spread.

Tracy, it was really great to finally meet you after reading so many of your posts online. I look forward to seeing you at more meets this season.

Kristina, you had a fantastic meet, I just hope one day to be able to come close to some of your times. I have to admit I was rooting for Berry in the Breaststroke since that is his specialty. I am sure I will see you at some other meets this year.

Dieter, I really enjoyed going head to head with you on the fly and IM. Next year you better watch out!

Candice, thanks for keeping me company in our heat even when Dieter left us for the faster heat.

Berry and Pat, it was great seeing you both again. You both had a great meet. All we would have needed was Bob and we could have had our relay back again.

David, I have really enjoyed seeing you again. You gave me a great race in the 100 free.

Beth, sorry you could not make it this year. Keep healthy!

Donna
September 23rd, 2007, 09:04 PM
Mark, I will be attending the Columbia, SC meet the first weekend in November. No worries about a bulkhead there it is a 25 meter pool, though it was on the warmer side last year.

Look forward to seeing you again in South Carolina. Maybe we will have some company for this one. I'll actually do a slight taper for this one since I am going to take a shot at top 10 for the 1500 Free, that is my whole focus for this meet. Everything else will be just for fun.

Glider
September 24th, 2007, 02:01 PM
TJ,

Sorry I didn't introduce myself. I meant to, but as it was, that 50 BR snuck up on me after my 100 BR warm down. Hope you did well.

I'll see you at St. Nick's

[quote=tjburk;107109]

Glider, yeah we swam next to each other in the 50....you won this round!:D You've made me realize I need to focus a little more on my Breast during practice. Try and get down to some good times for Breast again.

Glider
September 24th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Donna, See you there. I'll be doing my BR triathlon again over the two days in between visiting in-laws.

Mark, I will be attending the Columbia, SC meet the first weekend in November. No worries about a bulkhead there it is a 25 meter pool, though it was on the warmer side last year.

Look forward to seeing you again in South Carolina. Maybe we will have some company for this one. I'll actually do a slight taper for this one since I am going to take a shot at top 10 for the 1500 Free, that is my whole focus for this meet. Everything else will be just for fun.

Donna
September 24th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Mark, I'll probably get stuck in the fast heat with the guys like last year in the 1500. Come cheer me on! I'll be shooting for mid 22 minute or better this year.

See you there.

CreamPuff
September 27th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Mark and Donna, I look forward to seeing you guys at the South Carolina SCM Champ meet. Just sent in my entry today and made some reservations.

Donna, I entered the 1500 too, so see you there. I totally had to guess my time. I have no earthly idea what I swim it in. 19:30 sounded okay!? :o No idea if that's right. Oh well. Will be another marathon of events meet. Thank goodness we do doubles!

Glider
September 27th, 2007, 07:19 PM
I hope you both have counters lined up. I'd offer, but I won't be there that early Saturday - I'm as close to swimming a 1500 as Mr. Vick is to freedom;-)

Seriously, I would but I'm only swimming in the Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning sessions. I'll be visiting family an hour away and won't be there until 11 or so.

And I'm finished with doubles for awhile. It's been a rough week swimming...Out early on Tuesday and no go today. For the last 6 weeks, I've been averaging 30-35K a week over eight practices, plus 30 minutes of weights 6x a week, and well I have run straight into a wall this week, more like Hoover Dam.

Shoot and after a decent PTCP meet:shakeshead:

Mark and Donna, I look forward to seeing you guys at the South Carolina SCM Champ meet. Just sent in my entry today and made some reservations.

Donna, I entered the 1500 too, so see you there. I totally had to guess my time. I have no earthly idea what I swim it in. 19:30 sounded okay!? :o No idea if that's right. Oh well. Will be another marathon of events meet. Thank goodness we do doubles!

Donna
September 27th, 2007, 08:16 PM
No problem on counters, I have made enough friends over the years from both the Hilton Head team and the Greenville team. I can find you a counter too Kristina.

I'll actually be swimming in the Carey Hilliards meet the weekend before so I should have an idea where I am in my distance events. Coach is going to do a mini taper with be between the two meets.

I am only doing 9 events this go round but some of them are brutal like the 1500 Free, 400 IM and 400 Free. The rest are just sprints for fun at this point. I used my LCM 1500 time from Nationals for my entry time since my time from last year was so much slower. Should be a great meet.

Looking forward to seeing you both.

CreamPuff
September 27th, 2007, 09:28 PM
My hubby is my star counter. :D

Donna, I think we are swimming the exact same events. I entered 9 as well including the mile, 400 fr, 200 fly, 200 IM and 400 IM. I hope the water is not too hot!
I'll be rested for a couple of days but it's not a big meet for me.

See you guys there! :wave:

CreamPuff
September 27th, 2007, 09:33 PM
I hope you both have counters lined up. I'd offer, but I won't be there that early Saturday - I'm as close to swimming a 1500 as Mr. Vick is to freedom;-)

Seriously, I would but I'm only swimming in the Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning sessions. I'll be visiting family an hour away and won't be there until 11 or so.

And I'm finished with doubles for awhile. It's been a rough week swimming...Out early on Tuesday and no go today. For the last 6 weeks, I've been averaging 30-35K a week over eight practices, plus 30 minutes of weights 6x a week, and well I have run straight into a wall this week, more like Hoover Dam.

Shoot and after a decent PTCP meet:shakeshead:

I'm impressed on your training schedule!! Thanks for the warning on hitting the wall. I've made it through 4 weeks of doubles and hope to make it through 2 more weeks of 'em. But, I'm not sure that will happen! Weights on top of everything is a challenge! I do 3x a week at 60 minutes a session, so I'm shadowing you! I feel like :cane::cane: some days. Arg! Rest a bit and you'll be back! I know it!

Glider
September 28th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. You were right on. Off yesterday and this morning. Back at it this afternoon rested and much better.

I must say it's an awesome feeling to be able to push through the back half of a 10x200 set. But after a week like this, to hit a PB average, and on a 5 second faster interval...well, I guess the extra rest helped:D

Swim meets really seem to wreck the week after training. And that really messes with my mind:confused:

Now if y'all are swimming for DYN, I'm sure my practices would be pretty lame compared to yours. I mean pushing off to a 58...sheesh:notworthy:

And how in heaven do y'all get through 5 events in 2 hours in a meet:bow:. If I tried that...well, let's just say, something's gonna give:drown:.

Mark

I'm impressed on your training schedule!! Thanks for the warning on hitting the wall. I've made it through 4 weeks of doubles and hope to make it through 2 more weeks of 'em. But, I'm not sure that will happen! Weights on top of everything is a challenge! I do 3x a week at 60 minutes a session, so I'm shadowing you! I feel like :cane::cane: some days. Arg! Rest a bit and you'll be back! I know it!

Donna
September 28th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Mark, you should try that Ironman Pentathlon it is brutal. Compared to that the middle distance was a piece of cake.

Glad to here you have recovered. My day of rest does not come until Sunday, that is if I take it. I am sore from all the fly yesterday and today I hit a new millage record, the first day to do 10,000 yards and I also had a 9,100 yard Tuesday. Even being so tired this evening I managed a 21:14 for a timed 1500 midway through evening practice.

For me that is respectable. I am not as speedy as you or Kristina.

Kristina the only one I won't be joining you on is the 200 Fly. I was going to do that one at the St. Nick meet. I don't think I could do it justice with the 1500 Free, 400 IM and 400 Free, so I am just filling in with some sprints. As for the water temperature it was 83 degrees last year. I hope they lower it just a bit this year.

Glider
September 29th, 2007, 07:56 AM
Donna,

That's some impressive yardage:notworthy: - I'm not quite up to that level. I had to listen to my body - physically too tired, stroke technique suffering, or shoulders barking = need some rest. I took an extra day+ off this week.

As for iron man, well I've been swimming since I was 8 (okay, a 20-year break in there). I'm a short fiber, breaststroker/IMer kind of guy. :thhbbb: I don't even do middle distance well, let alone distance. And I only do enough fly to get me to backstroke leg in an IM.:D

So I humbly pass on iron man and fly...I'm real happy to cheer on you distance types from the pool deck:cheerleader:

Mark

Donna
September 29th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Believe it or not Mark, I was a sprinter in my youth. A 200 free was a distance for me then. Some 20 years later when I return to the sport my sprints stink and having trained for 3 years with a Masters(mostly tri's) team I have learned to be a distance swimmer. Believe me this was not by choice.

Now with the kids team and a new coach I am learning to sprint while maintaining my new distance abilities. I actually have started to like the longer events, I guess because I can chop more time off each time I swim.

Glider
January 27th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Hey y'all...just to let you know the results for the meet have been loaded into the USMS database for 2007/2008 (including splits.)

It is early, but we now have a lot of Current Top Ten swims, so check it out!:woot:

Thanks to Rob and Jim Matysek for making this happen. :applaud:

CreamPuff
January 29th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Believe it or not Mark, I was a sprinter in my youth. A 200 free was a distance for me then. Some 20 years later when I return to the sport my sprints stink and having trained for 3 years with a Masters(mostly tri's) team I have learned to be a distance swimmer. Believe me this was not by choice.

Now with the kids team and a new coach I am learning to sprint while maintaining my new distance abilities. I actually have started to like the longer events, I guess because I can chop more time off each time I swim.

DITTO FOR ME Donna! I was a sprinter as a kid. However, I was SICK of getting killed by the fast tri boys in the distance free sets, so I forced myself to LEARN distance. It was a long, arduous process but totally worth it in the end.

Rob Copeland
January 29th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Itís about time these got posted!

Thanks to Jimís nagging and my wifeís efforts (she does all the work and I try to take all the credit), they are finally postedÖ with my humble apologies.

Donna
January 29th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Now if we can get the Rainbow Trout to post the St. Nick meet....

Glider
January 30th, 2008, 07:55 PM
I dunno, Kristina...I hear distance is a real pain in the neck:rofl:

DITTO FOR ME Donna! I was a sprinter as a kid. However, I was SICK of getting killed by the fast tri boys in the distance free sets, so I forced myself to LEARN distance. It was a long, arduous process but totally worth it in the end.

swimsuit addict
September 6th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Is the Peachtree City Pentathlon being held this year? I've seen a date for the meet (Sept 20) but have not been able to find an entry form online.

Thanks for any replies,
Janet

Rob Copeland
September 6th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Yes, It's on for the 20th.

The entry form is attached to this post.:bliss:

swimsuit addict
September 7th, 2008, 07:30 AM
thank you Rob! Now I just have to figure out which of the distances I want to do!

Tana
September 9th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Three of us are going to make it to the meet this year.:bolt: