PDA

View Full Version : Problem with a ghost PM

gndprx
September 18th, 2007, 11:48 AM
A few days back I got the PM pop-up and followed it to my PM's. My PM's say I have 1 unread and 6 total stored.

When I look at the list, I have 3 old inbox and 2 sent items messages. That's 5.

Where is this 6th unread message hiding?

Rob Copeland
September 18th, 2007, 02:44 PM
According to your PM statistics, you have 3 inbox and 2 sent items messages for a total of 5.

So donít worry about it. Life is to short to obsess about trivial matters.:party2:

Karen Duggan
September 18th, 2007, 03:08 PM
I got a PM message alert thing too, but no new messages. Perhaps just a glitch :)

gndprx
September 18th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Just making sure it wasn't someone offering me a million dollars and I'm missing out!

Thanks for the reply though :D

matysekj
September 18th, 2007, 05:07 PM
There was a new "user" the other day who sent out mass spam PMs. I found them and deleted all these PMs from the database, but apparently there was some leftover PM notifications somewhere that led you to the "ghost" PM that was already deleted. I did notice the PM counter being off by one now. There are admin tools that allow me to rebuild all the post counters for users, but I haven't found one yet that rebuilds the PM counters. I'll keep my eyes open for this, but it's not a high priority item.

This is for the spammers out there: :mooning:

jim clemmons
September 18th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Just making sure it wasn't someone offering me a million dollars and I'm missing out!

I can offer you the million bucks but I need your assistance accessing an account. Send me $20k and we'll talk.

:lmao:

gndprx
September 18th, 2007, 06:14 PM
hahaha :D