PDA

View Full Version : Spin Rage? Pool Rage next?

SwimStud
September 19th, 2007, 08:02 AM
http://www.comcast.net/news/strange/index.jsp?cat=STRANGE&fn=/2007/09/18/767067.html&cvqh=itn_spinrage

geochuck
September 19th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Stud - pool rage has gone on for years. Have you ever heard of Water Polo.

islandsox
September 19th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Are they kidding? A misdeamenor assault charge? The guy needed back surgery! It wasn't OJ was it?

I'm just waiting for the noodlers to attack me with their pink floaties.

I'm already guilty of pool rage. It's when I pass someone slow and they get all upset because of the wake.

SwimStud
September 19th, 2007, 08:51 AM

Yeah but I thought that was treatable nowadays without lobotomies and or electric shock treatment...

:lmao:

geochuck
September 19th, 2007, 08:55 AM
OJ - I tried to bring OJ up the otherday and got some personal messages. Some not to rough and some I could almost call pool rage.

SwimStud
September 19th, 2007, 09:04 AM
OJ - I tried to bring OJ up the otherday and got some personal messages. Some not to rough and some I could almost call pool rage.

You have to remember that Freedom of Speech is only a right provided you don't disagree with someone else's opinion...other than that it's personal!
:rofl:

The Fortress
September 19th, 2007, 11:08 AM
You have to remember that Freedom of Speech is only a right provided you don't disagree with someone else's opinion...other than that it's personal!
:rofl:

I disagree. :rofl:

scyfreestyler
September 19th, 2007, 11:22 AM
If organizations such as KKK and NAMBLA can spew their disgusting message then we can surely talk about OJ, thank you very much. Unless of course, the USMS "man" says otherwise.

As for this spin rage, my goodness. This hedge fund broker should be sued into oblivion. What a jerk.

tjburk
September 19th, 2007, 01:33 PM
All right enough is enough!!!!!!!

Shush........

If I want your opinion......I'll give it to you!!!!:lmao:

Leonard Jansen
September 19th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Yes. Please have the courtesy to wait until I'm finished before you agree with me.

-LBJ

swimr4life
September 19th, 2007, 02:10 PM
He'll claim temporary insanity like all the other crazies.

As a side note....here is another good one that my mom has on a magnet on her fridge ..."Those of you who think you know it all are very annoying to those of us that do." :joker:

SwimStud
September 19th, 2007, 02:12 PM
A favourite fridge magnet...

"One good fist is worth a thousand words!"

ALM
September 19th, 2007, 07:12 PM
We had "pool rage" in one of our workouts, years ago. It happened in one of the middle lanes. All of a sudden we saw two men in that lane yelling at each other and looking like they were about to come to blows. A guy from my lane swam over, thinking he was going to have to separate them, but nothing happened. I don't know what the disagreement was about - probably one of them pushing off in front of the other.

Anna Lea

nyswimmer
September 19th, 2007, 07:54 PM
As for this spin rage, my goodness. This hedge fund broker should be sued into oblivion. What a jerk.

I think we can count on exactly that happening. NYC juries give big verdicts in personal injury cases and this type of claim isn't covered by insurance.

As a side note, I live near the club where this happened (not a member, though -- no pool). It's not very comforting that it has members with these, um, anger management issues. :shakeshead:

blainesapprentice
September 19th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Welcome to college swimming--Pool rage occurs approximately once a week, during the last 4months of the season when we are doing doubles and people are just sick of each other and swimming in general. there has been tears, there has been blows and there has been lots and lots of yelling.

Interestingly enough--given my attitude is "too poor" to deem me a worthy captain of my team this year--I have never participated in said pool rage--and both of the captains have. So apparently thats the "it" thing to do

shark
September 19th, 2007, 09:59 PM

Nice to see you geochuck. My computer skills are very low. Please, someone please tell me what the spinrage is all about. Pool rage. Try sharpening your paddles on concrete walls just so you might ... get back at someone for hitting you in the head with a snowball. These are the days people. Geochuck, I can't believe you missed my relative, time, place joke on the quantum physics thread. I got nothin on that one. Ahhh, physics.

shark
September 19th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Yeah but I thought that was treatable nowadays without lobotomies and or electric shock treatment...

:lmao:

stud,

I really wish you knew what geochuck was trying to tell you on this one. Geochuck, some will never know, others will never see. Thanks.

geochuck
September 19th, 2007, 11:03 PM
I saw it. I liked it. I chuckled to myself. All is relative.

I did see the Ruskies playing waterpolo against Hungary at the 1956 Olympics that was rage in the pool. The pool was red with blood from the fight in the pool.

Nice to see you geochuck. My computer skills are very low. Please, someone please tell me what the spinrage is all about. Pool rage. Try sharpening your paddles on concrete walls just so you might ... get back at someone for hitting you in the head with a snowball. These are the days people. Geochuck, I can't believe you missed my relative, time, place joke on the quantum physics thread. I got nothin on that one. Ahhh, physics.