PDA

View Full Version : Visualising...

SwimStud
September 19th, 2007, 01:12 PM
...does anyone else feel it in there muscles if you sit and just picture a certain race or movement?

If I think about doing a fast BR I get a sensation of actually performing the motion, even though I am still. I get a little adrenaline boost from it too.

Is this the point of visualising, or am I just overexcited? I never had any in depth sports coaching, and things like dance and jujitsu visualising was more for technique and imprinting.

scyfreestyler
September 19th, 2007, 01:23 PM
I visualize my races in the days leading up to a meet and it gets my heart rate pumping in short order.

jim clemmons
September 19th, 2007, 04:24 PM
I know I'm doing a really, really good job visualizing when it forces me to do the pre-race bathroom ritual deal.

Gerdrick
September 19th, 2007, 04:28 PM
I try to visualize my dives from the blocks before I actually do them, seems to help.

jim clemmons
September 19th, 2007, 04:32 PM
I visualize my races in the days leading up to a meet and it gets my heart rate pumping in short order.

Rats Matt - I forgot to look you up at the Alan Liu Mem meet and introduce myself.

You going to SCM Champs next month?

swimr4life
September 19th, 2007, 04:52 PM
I know I'm doing a really, really good job visualizing when it forces me to do the pre-race bathroom ritual deal.

:rofl:
Sooo true!

Blackbeard's Peg
September 19th, 2007, 04:58 PM
...does anyone else feel it in there muscles if you sit and just picture a certain race or movement?

If I think about doing a fast BR I get a sensation of actually performing the motion, even though I am still. I get a little adrenaline boost from it too.

Is this the point of visualising, or am I just overexcited? I never had any in depth sports coaching, and things like dance and jujitsu visualising was more for technique and imprinting.

YES, but mostly as it pertains to :banana::banana:
:thhbbb:

seriously, yes.

scyfreestyler
September 19th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Rats Matt - I forgot to look you up at the Alan Liu Mem meet and introduce myself.

You going to SCM Champs next month?

You know, I had every intention of seeking you out but it never came to pass. As I recall, you were in my 200 Free heat. I saw your name posted in my heat and made a mental note to avoid chasing you down and dying in the first 100! Looks like you had a good swim though..congrats. The Alan Liu Memorial was my first ever swim meet when I attended in 2005. Great facility, great people, great weather. I always look forward to it now.

As for the SCM Champs, I don't know. I'll be in NYC for vacation next week and the weeks that follow that are pretty busy as well. The likelihood of me having a good leadup of workouts to the meet seems slim. If it works out then so be it. Aside from that, it looks like my next meet might be next year. Perhaps Seaside will have it's Bob Walthour SCY meet in January 2008.

mermaid
September 19th, 2007, 05:02 PM
I think that is one of the things that keeps us returning to every meet - the anticipation, visualization and realization of our dreams.