PDA

View Full Version : Induction - High School Hall of Fame

waves101
September 20th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Hi all -
I'm looking for some ideas? My sister graduated high school approx. 25 years ago and this year is being inducted into the inaugural class of our high school hall of fame. She is the only female in the class and was the school's first ever women's state champion (100 back as a sophomore). What are some good gift ideas?
Thanks for your help.

smontanaro
September 20th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Maybe plane and event tickets to the upcoming Olympic swimming trials?

Skip Montanaro

swimr4life
September 20th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Hi all -
I'm looking for some ideas? My sister graduated high school approx. 25 years ago and this year is being inducted into the inaugural class of our high school hall of fame. She is the only female in the class and was the school's first ever women's state champion (100 back as a sophomore). What are some good gift ideas?
Thanks for your help.

Congratualations!!!

You could throw her a party before/after the event. OR

Make or have a framer make a shadow box with pictures of her swimming in high school, the medal she won as a state champ and the Hall of Fame certificate with a picture of her receiving her inductions/certificate.

SwimStud
September 20th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Hi all -
Thanks for your help.

A day at a spa! Speak to her boss if she works, and book her the day off. If you can afford it have a car to pick her up and take to the spa and bring her home after.

:2cents:

swimr4life
September 20th, 2007, 10:00 AM
A day at a spa! Speak to her boss if she works, and book her the day off. If you can afford it have a car to pick her up and take to the spa and bring her home after.

:2cents:

OOOOHHHH! I like your idea a lot better! :applaud:

SwimStud
September 20th, 2007, 10:25 AM
OOOOHHHH! I like your idea a lot better! :applaud:

I think the shadow box thing is nice too...I'd include it. Present that at the reunion with the Spa itinerary.

Blackbeard's Peg
September 20th, 2007, 10:50 AM
You're supposed to get a family member/ sig other a "HOF inductee gift"?? What happened to being there, clapping, cheering and giving them a pat on the back? :cheerleader:

Oh man, am I in trouble!!!
:bolt::duel:

Leonard Jansen
September 20th, 2007, 11:15 AM
A brand-new BMW in basic black (matches everything) is always in good taste.

-LBJ

Rob Copeland
September 20th, 2007, 01:30 PM
A 2008 USMS membership card!!!

SwimStud
September 20th, 2007, 01:32 PM
A 2008 USMS membership card!!!

That's so generous of the association to donate that!

Swimmer Bill
September 20th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Rob stole my answer.

Masters swimming is one of the greatest gifts in my life. I couldn't think of a more appropriate gift for your sister.

waves101
September 20th, 2007, 06:17 PM
I like the '08 USMS idea. She called me the other day to say she had been in the water 3 times with the high schoolers. I think the induction finally prodded her back into the water. I've tried for years to get her started so maybe this is how I can keep her involved. Thanks for all the ideas. The BMW is a little excessive though. Plus, I'd be in trouble with her daughter as her daughter's initials are "BMW".