PDA

View Full Version : Swimming DVD's

Josh54
October 1st, 2007, 01:01 PM
I have seen alot of swimming DVD's being advertised. I was wondering if anybody has reccommendations or criticism of any of these. I've noticed that they are not cheap - usually around $35-$40 + shipping.

geochuck
October 1st, 2007, 01:12 PM
I like the swimsmooth dvd best I have used. www.swimsmooth.com check under downloads and go down the page and see their 5 min free download.

marksman
October 3rd, 2007, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the link, the sample video was interesting. Having a smooth stroke while swimming...keeping a good body position...are fundamental but I must have forgot about them lately, to be honest. It really helped to focus on these during my freestyle last night and to try visualizing.

I don't own any swimming videos myself but I like the approach in that video also.

jmeyer
December 8th, 2007, 03:43 PM
I got a lot out of "Becoming a Champion Swimmer" -- Freestyle and Butterfly. They feed into Richard Quick's "Championship Winning Swimming" series, which is more advanced. I have "Go Swim Sprint Freestyle" on order, and am optimistic that it'll be worth the money.

I haven't been thrilled with David Marsh's "Swimming Faster the Auburn Way" series. I see that he now has a "Getting Better With David Marsh" series though. Has anyone seen them yet?