PDA

View Full Version : A Tribute to Moms!

swimr4life
October 2nd, 2007, 06:43 PM
I LOVE THIS VIDEO! It addresses universal truths that all moms face while raising kids! So funny! :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_oc1j5NakY

Oh darn......it says its not availible anymore due to a copyright. Sorry. Never mind!

Glider
October 2nd, 2007, 07:31 PM
Beth - You can see it here:

http://www.anitarenfroe.com/video_clips_main.htm

M

craiglll@yahoo.com
October 3rd, 2007, 12:06 PM
"Mom-ness" is truly over-rated.

SwimStud
October 3rd, 2007, 12:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxT5NwQUtVM
Full version

swimr4life
October 3rd, 2007, 01:20 PM

WHAT?

CreamPuff
October 3rd, 2007, 03:16 PM
Cute video.

I admit. That job is way too hard for me. :lmao:

The Fortress
October 3rd, 2007, 03:51 PM

Sorry for your bad experience.

That's just a snapshot of parts of a mom's day. Moms also have to teach their kids to be tough, honest, decisive, persistent, bold, strong, independent, and imaginative and to act with integrity, kindness, compassion, passion, and fearlessness. This is a bit more subtle. It's a damn tough job. But it is occasionally very rewarding.

I don't care about the washing behind the ears part. But I definitely don't allow texting at the dinner table.

Slowswim
October 3rd, 2007, 04:19 PM
I have to agree with Fort. Mrs Ss is a full-time Mom and she works harder now than ever before and harder than I ever have. Jumping out of airplanes and and going to war are a snap compared to the constant needs of kids

...assuming the mom wants her kids to grow up happy, healthy, successful, and good citizens. IMHO

:bow:Moms
</IMG>

swimr4life
October 3rd, 2007, 05:41 PM
I have to agree with Fort. Mrs Ss is a full-time Mom and she works harder now than ever before and harder than I ever have. Jumping out of airplanes and and going to war are a snap compared to the constant needs of kids

...assuming the mom wants her kids to grow up happy, healthy, successful, and good citizens. IMHO

:bow:Moms
</IMG>

Thanks Bill. I took the "overrated" comment pretty personally. I thought I should walk away from the computer before I wrote something I'd regret. I take my motherhood pretty seriously. My goal is to raise happy, healthy, well adjusted children who will go out into society and have a positive impact on the world. I sure hope my kids never say my mom-ness was overrated. That would break my heart.

SwimStud
October 3rd, 2007, 09:57 PM
Thanks Bill. I took the "overrated" comment pretty personally. I thought I should walk away from the computer before I wrote something I'd regret. I take my motherhood pretty seriously. My goal is to raise happy, healthy, well adjusted children who will go out into society and have a positive impact on the world. I sure hope my kids never say my mom-ness was overrated. That would break my heart.

Hey Beth just to make you feel Mom-like here too...:rolleyes:...

hehehe:bolt:
j/k ;)

The Fortress
October 3rd, 2007, 10:36 PM
Cute video.

I admit. That job is way too hard for me. :lmao:

Yep. Cut your training in half as a conservative estimate. And I'm really looking foward to that :58 fly, so save yourself so I can cheer you on. Many days when I envy you. I give/gave up a lot to be a mom of three great kids. But I don't regret it -- or at least only on days when they're unbearable and I'm stuck in traffic. LOL.

Beth:

Without the mom-ness, which is distinct from being a maligned helicopter parent, our children would feel abandoned or have non-well-adjusted "issues." All kids needs mom-ness, rules, unconditional love and a bunch of other intangible stuff. Your kids will never say it is "overrated," although they may make you feel overrated when they're teenagers. But it all matters greatly. *hug*

Slowswim
October 4th, 2007, 02:14 PM
My goal is to raise happy, healthy, well adjusted children who will go out into society and have a positive impact on the world.

I agree, but my daughter's biggest obstacle to being well adjusted is her genetic link to me; but she's going to have a helluva lotta fun though.:party2::rofl:

CreamPuff
October 4th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Beth, from what I've seen with my own eyes, you are a wonderful mom who has raised two beautiful, intelligent, caring, loving daughters. :applaud: I KNOW they appreciate you!! You did a fantastic job with them. :woot:

Yep. Cut your training in half as a conservative estimate. And I'm really looking foward to that :58 fly, so save yourself so I can cheer you on.

Fort, from what I've seen with some of our friends who have kids, I don't see how I'd make it to the pool at all. Sigh. One of our friends recently had a child diagnosed with autism, so they are really going through an incredibly trying, challenging time in their lives.

As for the :58, I don't know. I had an awful practice today (finishing week 5 of doubles) and was told by my coach that I'm wasting her and my time and that I was very sloppy through my 3x400 IMs. I went 6:00 down to 5:45 short course meters but needed to be holding, according to her, 5:30 down to 5:15. . . Oh yea, and I talk the talk but don't walk the walk. At this point, I think I'm being told to consider a hobby in noodling. What's the level beneath noodling - sunbathing? :rofl:

craiglll@yahoo.com
October 7th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Sorry for your bad experience.

That's just a snapshot of parts of a mom's day. Moms also have to teach their kids to be tough, honest, decisive, persistent, bold, strong, independent, and imaginative and to act with integrity, kindness, compassion, passion, and fearlessness. This is a bit more subtle. It's a damn tough job. But it is occasionally very rewarding.

I don't care about the washing behind the ears part. But I definitely don't allow texting at the dinner table.

Don't ever assume!

swimr4life
October 7th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Craiglll
What did you mean by "mom-ness is overrated? Curious minds want to know. :dunno: