PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly Kick

Yorickye
October 2nd, 2007, 10:25 PM
I am a Junior in Highschool and I've been swim competitively for about 4-5 years now. This past summer I JUST got good at butterfly and was doing great at it. But i was out for 2 months and now after 1 month of hard practice, i still can't get the kick down. Everytime i kick, i feel like my legs are not pushing the water at all, it's like i'm kicking nothing.

For example, in the second kick i do in butterfly (the kick that you do at the same time your hands come out) i go nowhere. It feels like i'm sinking in the water after the stroke and kick.

TY :)

ande
October 3rd, 2007, 10:24 AM
fly kick is the most important part of fly
train to be an awesome kicker
work on your SDK form and speed
perfect the timing and proportions of your movements
copy ian crocker and michael phelps

do a lot of fast kicking, pay attention to your times for
25, 50, 75, 100 150's & 200's

keep your head in a neutral position
when the head goes up
the hips go down
(and you apply aqua brakes)

I am a Junior in Highschool and I've been swim competitively for about 4 - 5 years now. This past summer I JUST got good at butterfly and was doing great at it. But i was out for 2 months and now after 1 month of hard practice, i still can't get the kick down. Everytime i kick, i feel like my legs are not pushing the water at all, it's like i'm kicking nothing.

For example, in the second kick i do in butterfly (the kick that you do at the same time your hands come out) i go nowhere. It feels like i'm sinking in the water after the stroke and kick.

TY :)

tjburk
October 3rd, 2007, 10:32 AM
Ditto.....Well said!

fly kick is the most important part of fly
train to be an awesome kicker
work on your SDK form and speed
perfect the timing and proportions of your movements
copy ian crocker and michael phelps

do a lot of fast kicking, pay attention to your times for
25, 50, 75, 100 150's & 200's

keep your head in a neutral position