PDA

View Full Version : Swimming Sadness....

scwids
October 3rd, 2007, 05:21 PM
It is truly a bummer to get all ready for the pool, drive over, park (no small feat on the Crystal Park Sport and Health garage), and get to the pool....only to find there is no water in it.

Pool maintenace. Downer. :sad:

nancytris
October 3rd, 2007, 06:30 PM
Just about as bad as driving there, finding a parking spot, getting into the locker room and realizing you did not bring your swim suit for your mid day swim:doh: I:doh: have since put an extra suit in the trunk of my car (along with the extra towel I forgot ONCE). This will no doubt ensure that I will not ever forget my suit again:blush:

fanstone
October 3rd, 2007, 07:38 PM
I work "on demand", providing anesthesia, mainly for C-sections. Might spend the day goofing off, when six p.m. approaches, (with the swim practice with coach at 6:30) and I get called, it is a bummer. Some s.o.b. OB does all his other important stuff during the day and then calls an "emergency" just as I am leaving for my daily swim. But the flip side is that sometimes I am completely without work for a couple of hours around noon and I go to the pool, get some tan, do some swimming, keep the mobile within earshot. The other day the coach told me it is better to not swim than swim self coached...hehehe..billy fanstone

obxman66
October 4th, 2007, 11:27 AM
I almost always bring both swim and dry-land clothes. This way I can get in some kind of work-out.

CreamPuff
October 4th, 2007, 03:02 PM
This thread made me laugh b/c as a kid, it was a happy day if practice was canceled. Who hoo! Par-tay! :bouncing: Rarely, did this ever happen! Now, as an adult, I'm really disappointed if there is no practice. Go figure!