PDA

View Full Version : USMS Swimmer Magazine

SwimStud
October 4th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Just to let you all know I recived mine...

...I thought I would start of the usual... "I didn't get mine yet!" thread on a positive note...

...ok folks, it's time to flame Rob Copeland, if you have not received your copy yet...

LOL
:rofl:

MAC swimmer
October 4th, 2007, 08:45 AM
I got mine. Love the waterpolo. I just wish there was a team closer.

Blackbeard's Peg
October 4th, 2007, 08:53 AM
yeah, mine finally came yesterday. the blue muppet had hers last week. surprising, seeing as how my mail is about 10x more reliable than hers.
i guess hers just went in a wave before mine. oh well :) :dunno:

swimminlyn
October 4th, 2007, 09:23 AM
I got mine last week. I too was happy to see about cross training with water polo. A near by team that I swim with on occasion is starting to play on Sunday mornings. I was wondering if it would help me or hurt me to go play. I guess I am in to play this Sunday. WOO HOO :bouncing: I have not played water polo in probably 10 yrs. I am sure this is what I will look like :drown:.

Rob Copeland
October 4th, 2007, 09:36 AM
...ok folks, it's time to flame Rob Copeland, if you have not received your copy yet...What????

Rumor has it that this issue’s cover boy, Tom Boak, was the cause of the delay. Apparently many female letter carriers swooned at the sight of his visage and others were taking Swimmer to near by copy centers to blow his photos up into wall posters. This caused numerous delays in deliveries.

The reality of the delay is much more mundane. Thanks for your patience and for your comments on the water polo training.

poolraat
October 4th, 2007, 10:51 AM
.... Apparently many female letter carriers swooned at the sight of his visage and others were taking Swimmer to near by copy centers to blow his photos up into wall posters. This caused numerous delays in deliveries.

This must be why mine has not yet arrived.

knelson
October 4th, 2007, 01:15 PM
I've seen Charlotte Davis shopping at the same grocery store I do. Now who wants to touch me? :)

swimshark
October 4th, 2007, 02:05 PM
What????

Rumor has it that this issue’s cover boy, Tom Boak, was the cause of the delay. Apparently many female letter carriers swooned at the sight of his visage and others were taking Swimmer to near by copy centers to blow his photos up into wall posters. This caused numerous delays in deliveries.

I was one who didn't get mine last month and I guess the fact that I have a male mail carrier (say that 10 times fast!) is why I got my copy on time this month :)

Alison

mattson
October 6th, 2007, 08:25 PM
After reading the article on the speed of fish, my goal this season is to swim as fast as... a herring! (And then cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with that herring.)