PDA

View Full Version : Does Eating Fish Make One Swim Better?

TomBrooklyn
October 4th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Would eating fish make one swim better/swim more like a fish?

Discuss.

meldyck
October 4th, 2007, 06:37 PM

Discuss.

Does eating noodles make one a noodler?

CreamPuff
October 4th, 2007, 06:39 PM
On both accounts - I wish!

geochuck
October 4th, 2007, 07:17 PM
A very good topic. guess what we are having for dinner tonite - Fish and Chips.

Just finished a wonderful fish diner. I will see if I swim like a fish tommorrow.

fanstone
October 4th, 2007, 09:11 PM
When I was about 6 or 7 or maybe more, the common knowledge amongst kids was that swallowing a small live fish would make you swim better. Having done that I progressed to swallowing live tadpoles, which later as I had my own kids I would still do to impress their friends. Would that be the reason I have a tendency to butterfrog? billy fanstone

ViveBene
October 4th, 2007, 09:21 PM

In the same category as eating the brains of one's enemies to acquire their strength and knowledge, which resulted in dread disease.

Kharmically speaking, yes. Little fishies have large brethren and Sicilian relatives with many rows of teeth, so you could easily find yourself swimming faster on any bright day.

The eating of fish itself could slow you down during digestive process.

There is a large body of work on, respectively, myth, buddhism, and nutrition, so any perspective can be supported.

I like my fish and chips with a dash of dark vinegar.:wine:
Regards, VB

TomBrooklyn
October 8th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Does eating noodles make one a noodler?
I never heard of noodling before. I had to look it up. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Noodling_champ.jpg

Blackbeard's Peg
October 8th, 2007, 12:47 PM
i don't know if eating the fish actually MAKES you swim better. if it did, it may be classified as doping.

if you eat a fish with the intent of absorbing its swimmingness into you for the purposes of swimming faster, you're probably just giving yourself a little mental edge over yourself. To be safe, I'd probably go with sushi, since you wouldn't want to burn off all the good swimmingness stuff.

ande
October 8th, 2007, 01:13 PM
NO

A

Discuss.

inklaire
October 8th, 2007, 02:11 PM
NO

A

Oh, Ande!!

I think that's about as unequivocal a reply as one could hope for. :)

dorothyrde
October 8th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Well I have been eating a lot of fish, which has helped me lose weight, which has made me faster in the pool, so yes for me.

ViveBene
October 8th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Well I have been eating a lot of fish, which has helped me lose weight, which has made me faster in the pool, so yes for me.

The perfect yes!
Fish is a good source of protein and other healthy stuff (omega-3 fatty acids, which may improve cardiovascular health).
Perhaps if you retain a mental image of the fish after consumption, you will indeed swim better, or more fishily.
And the placebo effect works in one-third of cases.
Off for a final swim in Lake Michigan today!

Regards, VB

notsofast
October 8th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Wouldn't eating fish make your dolphin kick go side to side instead of up and down?