PDA

View Full Version : Pool Poop Problems (PPP)

TomBrooklyn
October 8th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Anyone ever see a problem with pool poop?
Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK8POhz8W6k

How about this situation?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6iUbY2E39U

stussy96
October 9th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Hahaha, hilarious. I had this problem once, but it wasn't meet. There was just poop at the bottom of the pool. As sick as it is...there IS chlorine, and lots of it, for these issues. I still wouldn't get in the pool if I saw something like this.

On a side note: I coached novice kids ones. i.e. the really little kids that are learning to swim. It was my first day so the kids are standing around me and I was was telling them my name, how excited I was, etc. All of a sudden I see a RIVER of yellow coming right at me on the deck. I said "uuuh....what? why? what is this?!" and the kids all look, trying to figure out who did it and one of them goes "Uh oh! Someone peed!". Well duh. :doh:

I have no idea who did it, but they hadn't even gotten into the water yet, so someone peed in their dry suit. So keep in mind, when you spit water out of your mouth, you choke on it, etc, you are drinking little kid pee (and maybe poop). If they can't hold it on deck, imagine what goes on in the pool.

Mmmmmmm.

nyswimmer
October 9th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Well, I've never actually seen it in the pool. But there have been plenty of times I've gotten to the pool and it was closed because a little kid had an, um, "accident" during "family swim" time. :frustrated: (They close the pool for a couple of hours to add chlorine and clean the pool -- good thing I only live a couple of blocks away.)

Slowswim
October 10th, 2007, 02:37 PM
When I was swimming with a USMS coach, we shared the pool with the AG "kids" (teens). Their coach told them to pee in the pool to save time. :eek:

I asked my coach about it and she said it was true and for spitting too. :censor:

From she saw the "kids" ignored him and went to the restrooms.:blah:
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

swimshark
October 10th, 2007, 03:39 PM
On a practice that I was happy I skipped the team was doing long course in lanes 1-4. With 30 min left, masters condensed down to 2 lanes for the kids team. At that point someone new in lane 1 saw it... sitting there... large and brown on the bottom of the pool.... Needless to say the pool was closed. Those original to lane 1 said they just thought it was dirt. It was dirt all right! Nothing like swimming in poop at 5:30 to wake you up.

Alison

TomBrooklyn
October 10th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Ah, Pee... (or Pee-Pee) Problems. That would be the PPPP, or PPPPP as some people call it.

I'm not sure if I remember this correctly, as it was almost 50 years ago, and I'm slightly embarressed to report it; but I think when I was a kid my mother used to tell me to "just pee in the pool." I was kind of hoping this attitude wasn't as prevalent nowadays.

===========

I used to swim at that now closed Palisades Amusement Park pool in Fort Lee, NJ--the world's largest saltwater pool complete with waterfall. http://www.palisadespark.com/pal2a.htm From the age of seven onwards I lived 3 blocks from it.

The pool got it's water via a pipe and pump system from the Hudson River directly opposite 138th Street in Manhatten, NY, the current site of the North River Pollution Control Plant, which processes an average of 125 million gallons or raw sewage per day. http://www.wef.org/ScienceTechnologyResources/Publications/WET/07Apr/07AprPlantProfile.htm Prior to the plant construction in the 1980s all that sewage was dumped raw into the river. I wonder about that now when I think about swimming in that pool.

Certainly the water went through some kind of filtration because it always look clear and clean. There were some kids that swam in the Hudson back in those days, but I never would. In recent years I've taken a few dips in it though practicing kayak rescue techniques.

iwearnorthface
October 10th, 2007, 06:48 PM
I once was in the pool and in the lane next to me, at the end of a set, this girl PROTECTILE VOMITED down the lane. I swam away as fast as i could...

Ron Lockman
October 10th, 2007, 06:58 PM
There were a group of about 6 children in the shallow end of the pool,,,I told them that there was a chemical in the pool that would turn the water orange if you pee`d. Two of them immediatley looked down. :^(

Peter Cruise
October 11th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Compelling reasons to wear fogged-up goggles.