PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite sitcom?

Glider
October 11th, 2007, 12:05 PM
We've lost TBS (over the air) here in Atlanta (unless you have cable or satellite.) It's been replaced locally with WPCH - and a little different lineup.

TBS is one of my favs for seeing old sitcoms. :laugh2:It got me to thinking what are everyone's favorite sitcoms.

I'll go first:

McHale's Navy
F Troop
Get Smart
What are yours? And feel free to change your answers as other posters spark your memory:bouncing:

knelson
October 11th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Seinfeld
The Larry Sanders Show
Happy Days
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Extras
Alf (yes, Alf) :)

I guess I better throw in Gilligan's Island, too, since I've seen every episode multiple times.

Glider
October 11th, 2007, 01:06 PM
I debated Gilligans Island vs. Get Smart. I intended top 3, but hey, why limit it? So, my first add is Gilligan's Island.

Next question: Maryanne or Ginger? :blush:Or for you ladies, The Proffessor or Gilligan?

Seinfeld
The Larry Sanders Show
Happy Days
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Extras
Alf (yes, Alf) :)

I guess I better throw in Gilligan's Island, too, since I've seen every episode multiple times.

scyfreestyler
October 11th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Leave it to Beaver...timeless
Seinfeld
Frasier
The New Adventures of Old Christine
How I Met Your Mother
Scrubs

newmastersswimmer
October 11th, 2007, 01:16 PM
my life! :rofl:

Glider
October 11th, 2007, 01:38 PM
What channel do we watch this comedy on? And which episode is your fav??:lmao:

my life! :rofl:

cathlaur
October 11th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Friends

And I think that Two and a half men is HILARIOUS

Katie

Slowswim
October 11th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Frazier
Two and a half men
Scrubs
Friends (the later seasons)
Certain Seinfelds ("The Sponge" and "Shrinkage" come to mind)

geochuck
October 11th, 2007, 04:31 PM
The recent bunch I do not watch.

But Boston legal is Ok.

thewookiee
October 11th, 2007, 05:40 PM
M.A.S.H
Hogan's Heroes(not Hogan Knows Best)
Top Chef

JimRude
October 11th, 2007, 05:42 PM
The Office (UK version)
Extra's

dorothyrde
October 11th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Cheers, MASH

Glider
October 11th, 2007, 07:08 PM
All these are good, I'm sure. Personally, I must add Hogan's Heroes...I know nothing!!!

Peter Cruise
October 11th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Anderson Cooper 360- he is hilarious!

dorothyrde
October 11th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Ok, something not old, Ugly Betty.

tjburk
October 12th, 2007, 12:35 AM
Will and Grace is hilarious.....Dharma and Greg was pretty good too.....
Laugh In....dating myself with that answer.....

Anybody remember the Jonathan Winters show....or Flip Wilson????

swimmieAvsFan
October 12th, 2007, 09:47 AM
M*A*S*H*
definitely my fav sitcom. i could watch it all day long. (and i have done that a time or two!)
sadly enough, it's the only reason i know anything about the korean war.
:shakeshead:

for something a little more up-to-date, i'd have to say the office.

ViveBene
October 12th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Totally saved

No TV. I do enjoy the Weather Channel and its frights ("When I saw the cow sail over the roof of the barn, I knew we were in for a hard time") when I travel and rent a room. Where did they get all that live footage from areas that were supposed to have been evacuated?

Regards, VB

scyfreestyler
October 12th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Oh yes, Will and Grace...how could I forget. I love the "buh-nah-nah" episode where the new maid threatens to peel Jack like a banana (cut his junk off he says!).

The Fortress
October 12th, 2007, 01:51 PM
MASH
Seinfeld
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Entourage

I also fondly remember Happy Days and Gilligan's Island.

Glider
October 12th, 2007, 07:58 PM
I just thought of another one: Night Court

swim4me
October 12th, 2007, 08:16 PM
M*A*S*H - I was working the evening shift at a hospital the night of the final show. I took the night off just to watch it. (way before VCR's (at least we did not have one yet), not to mention TIVO or DVRs).:fish2:

thewookiee
October 12th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Night Court! Archie Bunker too

Personally, I don't think today's sitcom are missing the good writing and chemistry of the 80's and 70's. Granted, I am not old enough to remember much about the 70's...lol

Got Boost
October 13th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Cheers
Seinfeld
Leave it to Beaver
and I don't know if it would qualify as a sit com but South Park
Got Boost

newmastersswimmer
October 15th, 2007, 02:06 AM
What channel do we watch this comedy on? And which episode is your fav??:lmao:

The Life Channel mostly. The episode where I showed up for morning workout as a kid and discovered right before I dove off of the blocks to start practice that I was standing on the blocks in my underwear in front of everyone was pretty good.....There was also the episode where my name was misspelled all over the heat sheet at some meet as Dorkowski instead of Borkowski (also just a kid)....But there have been so many good episodes over the years that its hard to keep count really ...(and I won't even get into the college years b/c the comedy lost its PG rating on too many occaissions back then and this is a family oriented website LOL!)

Glider
October 15th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Why, I think I've seen this show. Funniest things happen. But the episodes I've seen have different characters, so they must be from a another time.

Like this one time at band camp...:lmao:

No, really, this one swim meet as a 12-year old, my friend Sam swam a 100 yard fly at an AAU meet in the big pool at Pitt. He did awesome, got out of the pool, went to the other end to join our team, and then, took off his suit and just stood there...for a second...and then ...after realizing what he had done...made the most embarrassing, butt-nekkid, 50 meter sprint/run to the boys locker room at the other end of the LCM pool.:blush::lmao:

The Life Channel mostly. The episode where I showed up for morning workout as a kid and discovered right before I dove off of the blocks to start practice that I was standing on the blocks in my underwear in front of everyone was pretty good.....There was also the episode where my name was misspelled all over the heat sheet at some meet as Dorkowski instead of Borkowski (also just a kid)....But there have been so many good episodes over the years that its hard to keep count really ...(and I won't even get into the college years b/c the comedy lost its PG rating on too many occaissions back then and this is a family oriented website LOL!)

newmastersswimmer
October 15th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Why, I think I've seen this show. Funniest things happen. But the episodes I've seen have different characters, so they must be from a another time.

Like this one time at band camp...:lmao:

No, really, this one swim meet as a 12-year old, my friend Sam swam a 100 yard fly at an AAU meet in the big pool at Pitt. He did awesome, got out of the pool, went to the other end to join our team, and then, took off his suit and just stood there...for a second...and then ...after realizing what he had done...made the most embarrassing, butt-nekkid, 50 meter sprint/run to the boys locker room at the other end of the LCM pool.:blush::lmao:

So what happened with the flute at band camp again? I can't remember exactly LOL! :lmao: Poor Sam! At least I was wearing underwear LOL!